Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h2dk']...aww so it's going to be in a few months? So when there is one, are you saying this bundle won't be affected by it?[/quote]

My opinion...the RE5 360 stays at $400 (unless, of course, they can't sell them) because it has more "value" then the standard Elite. RE5 Elite w/ games for $400, Black Elite w/o games for $350. Just like the Halo 360 was priced higher than the Pro.[/quote]

The elite holiday bundle has 2 games

also, you can find the elite bundle with the 2 games at radio shack possibly for like 350 and get a 50 dollar gift card to buy RE5 with (just about)...or find it at circuit city, or other places have deals...or you can put together an arcade from dell and find a 120gb HDD...theres tons of ways to do this so much cheaper...

so basically you're paying extra for the color...thats how i see it atleast.

you're paying 325 for it.
60 for RE5 and 15 for SF2THDMX
dell was selling their elites for 340

but this is jasper. and red. and a 5 dollar theme.

yeah you can frankenstein. and go get 150 arcade off dell then buy a 120 harddrive for 120 dollars itll be around 270 right there 30 for both hdmi and hdav= 300 so you're paying a little over 20 for the color. worth it in my book.

I preordered with Amazon. I should be selling my Falcon w/ 120 GB HDD to finance this... I wonder if it would have been easier to go with GameStop despite the sales tax they would charge?

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']When will the 360 have another price cut? Right after the PS3? Gameinformer said there will be one so would that price drop affect this bundle? If this package was $325 I would buy it right NOW.[/QUOTE]

I think if it was $325 anyone in their right mind would buy it now. :roll:

I just got my Elite from Sams Club $398 Holiday bundle w/ free $50 gc. I ordered one day before the RE Elite was known. I was thinking about returning the one I just ordered but doesnt "it" already have a Jasper in it?

MFR date- 10-28-2008
Lot #------ 0844X
Team----- FDOU

I'd like to get the RE Elite but Sams return policy is so damned good its hard to not have it. Example...I've returned 2 RRoD 360's, a bricked PS3, and a 52" Sony hdtv all for cash returns and just rebought the new items. They have a 100% satisfaction or your money back policy.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']
The elite holiday bundle has 2 games[/quote]

Yes, but it is the "holiday bundle"...when they are gone, then it will simply be the Elite. I can easily see them dropping the price of the Elite down to $350 since the "Value" over the pro isn't what it used to be. A 20 GB hd vs a 120 GB hd is a big difference and worth the extra $100 to most...but a 60 GB vs 120 GB is a toss up. Especially when you consider the price of the stand alone hard drives...only $50 difference. The only "bonus" you are getting over the Pro is the color and the AV cable. Is that worth an extra $50?

I think MS would have charged $450 for the RE5 bundle if a price drop wasn't right around the corner.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I just got my Elite from Sams Club $398 Holiday bundle w/ free $50 gc. I ordered one day before the RE Elite was known. I was thinking about returning the one I just ordered but doesnt "it" already have a Jasper in it?

MFR date- 10-28-2008
Lot #------ 0844X
Team----- FDOU

I'd like to get the RE Elite but Sams return policy is so damned good its hard to not have it. Example...I've returned 2 RRoD 360's, a bricked PS3, and a 52" Sony hdtv all for cash returns and just rebought the new items. They have a 100% satisfaction or your money back policy.[/QUOTE]

Does Amazon even have a return policy? >.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I just got my Elite from Sams Club $398 Holiday bundle w/ free $50 gc. I ordered one day before the RE Elite was known. I was thinking about returning the one I just ordered but doesnt "it" already have a Jasper in it?

MFR date- 10-28-2008
Lot #------ 0844X
Team----- FDOU

I'd like to get the RE Elite but Sams return policy is so damned good its hard to not have it. Example...I've returned 2 RRoD 360's, a bricked PS3, and a 52" Sony hdtv all for cash returns and just rebought the new items. They have a 100% satisfaction or your money back policy.[/quote]

I would lean towards no on this. There have been zero reported sitings of Elites with Jasper. Finding an Elite w/o the holiday bundle would give you a better chance.

In the bottom left corner of the MFR date (right above "Made in China"), it should say:

12V and then either 14,2A or 12,1A

14,2A = Falcon
12,1A = Jasper

MFR date- 10-28-2008
Lot #------ 0844X
Team----- FDOU

I'd like to get the RE Elite but Sams return policy is so damned good its hard to not have it. Example...I've returned 2 RRoD 360's, a bricked PS3, and a 52" Sony hdtv all for cash returns and just rebought the new items. They have a 100% satisfaction or your money back policy.[/QUOTE]

The only way to know is check the label on the back for the power usage-- if it's 12.1A it's a Jasper, if it's 14.2 or 16.5 it's not. Even some brand new machines with new build dates have older parts in them, and almost no Elites worldwide have been spotted with Jaspers, yet.

[quote name='etcrane']I tend to be an eBay fan myself, never really found the benefit in flipping because Gamestop rarely has good sales and the credit never seems to match the cash I can get on ebay, even after fees. I guess it's a good deal if you have tons of credit built up, but I just can't get myself to buy lots of clearanced crap games and then game the system. Most of the stuff I sell on ebay, if not something I owned, is something I would personally take a look at. I understand the flipping mantra but it hasn't been for me much lately at least as far as Gamestop goes ... too bad Amazon, GS, and BB don't take paypal ... that would make some things easier ;-)[/quote]

Then you're not doing it right. ;)

The point is, you're investing no cash into the system, but trading back and forth to accumulate credit. Then you cash out with a single big name item... Wii, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Street Fighter Tournament Stick.

Most flippable games aren't worth $5 on eBay and truly aren't worth the time and effort... especially since you'll get more from Gamestop, which will eventually turn into cash if you choose.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=15015711&#not_returnable

I didn't see anything about returning items that die.(RRoD)

Does that mean you can't return things to Amazon if it fucks up?[/quote]

No company in their right mind should refund you for something that was not broken out of the box and within the return period, that is what manufacturer's warranties are for. Abusing a return policy =/= all the stores being that stupid and is certainly ymmv as they have no obligation to accept it.

They do have a great return policy but abusing it is pretty irresponsible.

[quote name='jacknicklson']No company in their right mind should refund you for something that was not broken out of the box and within the return period, that is what manufacturer's warranties are for. Abusing a return policy =/= all the stores being that stupid and is certainly ymmv as they have no obligation to accept it.

They do have a great return policy but abusing it is pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know Sams Club will let you return them so I didn't know.

On that note however, how long is MS's return policy? Or should I just buy a warranty, that is if I can buy a warrannty. :p

Thanks,
The Amazon Noob.

[quote name='h2dk']MS warranty is 3 years for RROD, 1 year for anything else (you can also purchase a 2 year extended warranty)[/QUOTE]

Do you think that is enough? I don't see anything else going wrong with it, aside from RRoD, because I take very good care of my systems.

Never had a single one break on me, then again, I have never owned an xbox. ;)

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Well, I know Sams Club will let you return them so I didn't know.

On that note however, how long is MS's return policy? Or should I just buy a warranty, that is if I can buy a warrannty. :p[/QUOTE]

Sams in general is the most forgiving of anywhere. Think most electronics are like a year no questions asked. The RRoD problem has been bad and widespread but still not everyone gets it, I have a pre-HMDI premium and all good so far. Still if one's available at a reasonable price it's worth it long as you're getting a new system, not just a serviced one, if it RRoDs and they'll transfer your data if need be.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Do you think that is enough? I don't see anything else going wrong with it, aside from RRoD, because I take very good care of my systems.

Never had a single one break on me, then again, I have never owned an xbox. ;)[/QUOTE]

The 360 will break your warranty cherry, trust me. I treat my systems like gold and my 360 started spazzing out thinking its disc tray was opening mid-game within about 9 months. Thankfully the repair was pretty quick, but I do think these things bring a whole new level of fragility to consoles.

[quote name='GuardianE']Then you're not doing it right. ;)

The point is, you're investing no cash into the system, but trading back and forth to accumulate credit. Then you cash out with a single big name item... Wii, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Street Fighter Tournament Stick.

Most flippable games aren't worth $5 on eBay and truly aren't worth the time and effort... especially since you'll get more from Gamestop, which will eventually turn into cash if you choose.[/QUOTE]

Way too much time invested imo, without a big enough pay off. It's a well known fact that you net more actual $$ on eBay and figuring out what titles are cheap enough to double or triple your profits at gamestop for credit that pays for items which are nearly always full price doesn't appeal to me because 1. you have to hunt them down and buy large quantities, find a gamestop that doesn't catch on, etc. and 2. Blockbuster doesn't buy games in my area, as far as I know ... but then again, I could be old school and out of it ... but as far as I know, whatever BB game store is called (Game rush?) it's not in the Bay Area. But hey, if it's worth your time and working out for you, more power to you.

[quote name='etcrane']Way too much time invested imo, without a big enough pay off. It's a well known fact that you net more actual $$ on eBay and figuring out what titles are cheap enough to double or triple your profits at gamestop for credit that pays for items which are nearly always full price doesn't appeal to me because 1. you have to hunt them down and buy large quantities, find a gamestop that doesn't catch on, etc. and 2. Blockbuster doesn't buy games in my area, as far as I know ... but then again, I could be old school and out of it ... but as far as I know, whatever BB game store is called (Game rush?) it's not in the Bay Area. But hey, if it's worth your time and working out for you, more power to you.[/quote]

No argument here, one less flipper is a good thing:). (step 1 and 2 above are much easier than you think...and BB in the bay area buy/sell games)

[quote name='Justin42']The 360 will break your warranty cherry, trust me. I treat my systems like gold and my 360 started spazzing out thinking its disc tray was opening mid-game within about 9 months. Thankfully the repair was pretty quick, but I do think these things bring a whole new level of fragility to consoles.[/QUOTE]

With that being said, will I be fine with just MS's warranty or do I need an extended?

You'll be fine with the regular warranty, especially because these are probably Jasper consoles, the latest and most stable revision so far.

[quote name='eastx']You'll be fine with the regular warranty, especially because these are probably Jasper consoles, the latest and most stable revision so far.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks much. :)

Now just gotta wait till the 9th and get the money for it. :)

I still have a launch Xbox 360 and only have had one problem ( a few months back) when my HDD decided to start currupting all my saved files for some reason...so I replaced that and havent had a problem since (it has been getting louder lately though)

[quote name='eastx']You'll be fine with the regular warranty, especially because these are probably Jasper consoles, the latest and most stable revision so far.[/QUOTE]

Well we hope, haven't been out long enough or in big enough numbers to really see but it's looking that way. Like I said I've been fine with my 360 and probably wouldn't get one but be aware if you do have to go through Microsoft for service you could be dealing with 2-3 weeks plus without a console.

It's very possible, really depends on how limited it is. If it's truly limited and each store gets like 3-4 units and that's it then it'll probably be gone pretty quick. If Microsoft has some sense they will keep this more on the limited side since it's really only costing them money compared to trying to move the existing elites, almost everywhere still has the holiday bundles in every version, which have to be the worst selling version right now.

[quote name='amusedtoe']It's very possible, really depends on how limited it is. If it's truly limited and each store gets like 3-4 units and that's it then it'll probably be gone pretty quick. If Microsoft has some sense they will keep this more on the limited side since it's really only costing them money compared to trying to move the existing elites, almost everywhere still has the holiday bundles in every version, which have to be the worst selling version right now.[/QUOTE]

I really hope it's truely limited, be nice to have a console not everyone would have.

Just what I think though. ha

So it would prolly be sold out by the first 2 weeks?trying to get it for my first 360 8 dollars an hour with low hours doesnt cut it.

[quote name='Version3']So it would prolly be sold out by the first 2 weeks?trying to get it for my first 360 8 dollars an hour with low hours doesnt cut it.[/QUOTE]

Yea I feel ya there.

I am still pumped for this, kinda sad that I am getting excited over somthing I can't even have for two weeks..or even have the cash for for another week.

Trollsmeesh at least you will get 2 awesome games with it! I warn you that Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD would play much better with a Madcatz Street Fighter FightPad or arcade stick. Those are hard to come by right now, but if you like the game enough, hopefully you'll be able to afford one when they get back in stock.

[quote name='eastx']Trollsmeesh at least you will get 2 awesome games with it! I warn you that Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD would play much better with a Madcatz Street Fighter FightPad or arcade stick. Those are hard to come by right now, but if you like the game enough, hopefully you'll be able to afford one when they get back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am probably going to invest in one..

I want SFIV also. :)

I know how much we'd all love for it to be super limited, but I SERIOUSLY doubt they will be THAT limited... I think MS would've upped the price and hyped some amount of exclusivity if it was really limited.

But since every store is going to stock them, and MS hasn't said much about numbers (sure, they said "pre order NOW!!" but what else are they going to say, "Pick one up when you feel like it"?), I bet they'll be exactly like the Halo 360s and last a little while. Not a year, but at least a month or two.

That said I am fully planning on picking one up at launch, but only because I've been looking at getting an Elite anyway, I am a sucker for LE consoles, and I actually kinda like the red.

i agree...if they're not really hyping it up like "only 10,000 of these will be made, zomg", then I think there will be enough of these so that everyone who would want one will get one...

Well..I can't get one for awhile now anyways..

Need a new car.. *sigh*

So I guess I am returning my 360 as planned, but taking the cash and puttig it towards a new car.

*kills self*

They should have the picture of the Babe and Chris on instead of just color red.

I am not going to get it, not really that Collectible.

[quote name='SuperJedi']They should have the picture of the Babe and Chris on instead of just color red.

I am not going to get it, not really that Collectible.[/quote]

I will be getting it, but I think it would look better if they made it black and have all of the front covered in blood splatters and the sides having streaks and specks giving 80% of the console the red color. At least the chrome on the DVD drive is black...I wish they made the lights orange like the "5" on the cover of the game. Green looks good with white, but not red.

Agreed, I'm waiting this one out until there's a deal ... and if it really is "limited" there's nothing I'm missing except the color ... plus I'm not sold on RE5 being the best game to buy a new system for ... now if they'd made a Fallout 3 system, damn would have bought 2 of those!

I'm only going to upgrade to this one right away because I know someone looking to buy a 360, otherwise i'd be waiting until black friday for a jasper..or better :)

Does anyone know long the Halo edition 360 became out of stock on amazon after it was released? I really want to wait for a deal on this, but I don't want to wait until they're all gone. Anyone know when there will be a deal(if any)? Was there ever a deal on the halo edition?

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Does anyone know long the Halo edition 360 became out of stock on amazon after it was released? I really want to wait for a deal on this, but I don't want to wait until they're all gone. Anyone know when there will be a deal(if any)? Was there ever a deal on the halo edition?[/quote]

Took a very long time before it was OOS. There was a deal on it, but I forgot what it was, it was towards all Xbox 360 trims.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Does anyone know long the Halo edition 360 became out of stock on amazon after it was released? I really want to wait for a deal on this, but I don't want to wait until they're all gone. Anyone know when there will be a deal(if any)? Was there ever a deal on the halo edition?[/quote]

The biggest deal on the Halo 360 was the clearance at Hot Topic (yes the store in the mall) where they sold them for $199 or $150 both online and in stores. I think there was a way to get an additional % off as well if it was your first online order possibly? They sold out quickly which led to a rash of listings on ebay. Which actually worked out well because the Live Cashback deal was at 30% then so even if you missed out of the Hot Topic deal you could probably score one for around the same price on ebay.

While the Halo 3 system stuck around for a while, it is worth remembering that it did have a $50 price premium just for the green paint job over a standard, identically spec-ed 360 pro system when it came out, which certainly limited its appeal to a fair number of buyers.

In comparison, the RE5 bundle has a top level game packed in (plus Street Fighter and a second A/V cable) and is priced exactly the same (at least for now) as the standard 360 elite with games of questionable value packed in.

Is this going to be super hard to find?...probably not...it might be in short supply at launch but the odds are it will be around for some period of time (ie a few months) before it is phased out. So do you need to buy it on 3/13, probably not....Should you make plans to buy it, say before the fourth of July, most definitely

MS and retailers like Best Buy aren't interested in just making/selling 5K or 10K of something...it is too much bother for them to stock and supply something that only going to sell that little. And its worth noting that amazon limits buyers to something like 3 RE5 bundles per 30 days, so that makes it sound pretty unlikely that there is just going to be one shipment of them and that will be it. As long as there is demand for it, MS and Capcom have ZERO reason to try to limit sales of this package

bread's done
Back