Resident Evil: Apocalypse

fireball343

CAGiversary!
Just saw the trailer yesterday, looks like it will be a ton better than the first. Just wanted to start a thread about this movie, get opinons of it and what the story will be like.

Credited cast:
Milla Jovovich .... Alice
Sienna Guillory .... Jill Valentine
Oded Fehr .... Carlos Olivera
Thomas Kretschmann .... Major Cain
Jared Harris .... Dr. Charles Ashford
Sandrine Holt .... Terri Morales
Razaaq Adoti .... Peyton Wells
Mike Epps .... L.J.
Sophie Vavasseur .... Angie Ashford
Zack Ward .... Nicholai Sokolov
Matthew G. Taylor .... Nemesis

here's a list of the cast and characters(credit to IMDB)

I saw the trailer when I went to see I, Robot (great movie). I havent seen the first one but Apocalypse looks like it will be a solid movie

[quote name='xspeedracerx']I disliked the first, but the second looks a whole lot better.[/quote]

The first was a good game-based movie. Unfortunately, thats not saying much, I agree it wasn't anything great. But yea, this second one looks like it has real promise.

[quote name='bhfgamer']I saw the trailer when I went to see I, Robot (great movie). I havent seen the first one but Apocalypse looks like it will be a solid movie[/quote]

ditto to everything you said. i,robot was good, the second i saw this, i was blown away, thinking that was amazing for a game turned movie, then i saw the AVP trailer, and though wow.. RE:A is really amazing. AVP doesn't look to hot, but RE looks very promising

The trailer sucked ass. Nemesis looked like a guy in a suit. I will still be seeing it since I am a huge RE fan, but I doubt it will be any better than the first, if not worse.

The first was a good game-based movie. Unfortunately, thats not saying much, I agree it wasn't anything great.

Kids these days. You think video game based movies are bad NOW? When I was a kid, the best video game based movie we had was "The Wizard". Consider yourselves lucky with what you got.

[quote name='int80h']
The first was a good game-based movie. Unfortunately, thats not saying much, I agree it wasn't anything great.

Kids these days. You think video game based movies are bad NOW? When I was a kid, the best video game based movie we had was "The Wizard". Connsider yourselves lucky with what you got.[/quote]

Heh.. "kids these days".. I'm no spring chicken. And "The Wizard" was about games, not a movie adapted from a game. Thanks for playing, we'll have some nice consolation prizes for you on the way out.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I liked the first RE... and does anyone know what movie has the Halo 2 trailer in the previews?[/quote]
You have to go to a Lowes cinema to see the Halo 2 trailer, but from what I understand, if the theater has the trailer it will be on almost every one of the big summer releases.

When is the new resident evil going to be in theaters? Was the trailer different from the one which was out several months ago and initally looked like an ad for a cosmetic product?

[quote name='int80h']

Kids these days. You think video game based movies are bad NOW? When I was a kid, the best video game based movie we had was "The Wizard". Consider yourselves lucky with what you got.[/quote]
You dirty son of a b!tch I loved that movie as a kid. (consider the fact that the last time I saw it was when I was 6 or 7) :D So in all likelyhood, it could be a pile of crap.

"Resident Evil: Apocalypse"
The title would be apt if the movie is good. That means that there will be an Apocalypse.

That chick playing Jill Valentine looks hot.
The movie should be better than the first, as long as they don't reference the original too often, start fresh.

remember when remero was doing the first re movie? then he got fired for working too far outside of the storyline?

correct me if im wrong, but the first re movie had NOTHING to do with the games other than the zombies were created by a virus from the umbrella corporation, it had nothing to do with the s.t.a.r.r.s. or anything at all RE related!!

why the hell would you fire one of the greatest director of zombie movies and then release that peice of shit movie that we ended up getting?

the first 2 RE game both have AMAZING basis for movies within the storyline in those games. sure you would have to change a few small thngs, but the plots are great for movies. i fear this is just going to be another crappy movie loosley placed in a world based on video game mythology.

[quote name='punqsux']remember when remero was doing the first re movie? then he got fired for working too far outside of the storyline?
[/quote]

Funny thing is, his script was MUCH more based on the original RE storyline than this crap.

bread's done
Back