Rogers Video 2/$40 Remembrance Day Long Weekend (2008)

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
That's right boys and girls. Long weekend coming up that means another amazing PPV game sale at Rogers Video. Keep tabs on your local Rogers and see what you can score this coming weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Georgetown, ON RV at Guelph and Mountainview has a ton of stuff. I was able to pick up

Halo 3
Bioshock
Fifa 08 (360)
Warhawk

There's very limited PS3 selection, but tons of 360, Wii, and DS stuff.

Good luck everyone!

[quote name='mikeydavison']The Georgetown, ON RV at Guelph and Mountainview has a ton of stuff. I was able to pick up

Halo 3
Bioshock
Fifa 08 (360)
Warhawk

Good luck everyone![/quote]

That is a damn good find. How is FIFA 08 looking for you?

On a side note, has anyone found copies of The Simpsons Game?

[quote name='mikeydavison']The Georgetown, ON RV at Guelph and Mountainview has a ton of stuff. I was able to pick up

Halo 3
Bioshock
Fifa 08 (360)
Warhawk

Good luck everyone![/quote]

Did you get the headset with Warhawk?

The Centrum location in Kanata had loads.. no sign or any notifications, so I asked and the guy said it's fair game. I picked up PGR4 and NHL08 for 360 which I traded for CoD4 at EB. All in all, a savings of $20, so I'm not disappointed. Anyway, here's what they had if anyone's in the area..

Xbox 360
Madden 08
NHL 08
PGR4
Two Worlds
The Darkness
Bioshock
Stranglehold
Tiger Woods 08

PS3
Heavenly Sword
NHL 08
Motostorm

Wii
Mario Party 8
Metorid 3
Big Brain Academy

Anyway, there you go, folks.. I didn't check out any others, maybe tomorrow. If anyone else is in the Kanata area then let me know what you find!

[quote name='hilld']An hour and a half walk there and then back again?

Christ...[/quote]
Nah. My brother got out of school at 10 so he picked me up. Anyway, my findings...

MLB Power Pros
Medal of Honor Airborne
Skate
Halo 3
PGR 4
Stranglehold
Zelda: phantom hourglass
Rogue Galaxy

I was about 40 minutes early to RV. I had 2 people to compete with and I think I did alright.

PS. Magiic, if you still want Heavenly Sword and have something to trade I can possibly grab a copy for you on Sunday.

[quote name='TtotheE']Nah. My brother got out of school at 10 so he picked me up. Anyway, my findings...

MLB Power Pros
Medal of Honor Airborne
Skate
Halo 3
PGR 4
Stranglehold
Zelda: phantom hourglass
Rogue Galaxy

I was about 40 minutes early to RV. I had 2 people to compete with and I think I did alright.

PS. Magiic, if you still want Heavenly Sword and have something to trade I can possibly grab a copy for you on Sunday.[/quote]

Im interested in Skate, Medal of Honor, MLB Power Pros and Zelda. I still have Stuntman + I can get others.

Anyways folks got a bunch from mine will post list later. Games I can probably get are as follows.

NHL 08
BioShock
Two Worlds
Darkeness
MAdden 08
NBA Live 08

more to come I need to make eggs for my girlfriend :roll:

Drove to 7 different locations, and only 1 of them was doing the sale. Was lucky enough to have them restocking the shelves just as I walked in around 1:30, west hamilton location.

Just grabbed halo 3,bioshock,donkey kong barrel blast(wii), and another copy of halo 3 for a friend since there was nothing else good.

Ok here is a full list of what I got and a list of what I know is available or was when I left.

Have:

PS3:
Heavenly Sword
NHL 08
Lair
Warhawk

XBOX360:
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Stranglehold
PGR4
Halo 3
Spiderman Friend or Foe
NHL 08
FIFA 08

Wii:
DK Blast
Bleach
Crash of the Titans
Mario Strikers

DS
Rune Factory
Yoshi Island

PS2
NHL 08
Crash of the Titans

Available
360:
The Darkness
BioShock
Halo 3
PGR4
MotoGP '07
Stranglehold
Madden 08
NBA Live 08
NHL 08
Two Worlds

PS3:
Lair
NHL 08

Wii:
My Sims

You have an amazing Rogers.

I'm pretty sure I can pick up Halo 3 for anyone in the GVR. Tell me. I think I'll head down the street in about 2 or 3 hours.

[quote name='magiic']Ok here is a full list of what I got and a list of what I know is available or was when I left.

Have:

PS3:
Heavenly Sword
NHL 08
Lair
Warhawk

XBOX360:
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Stranglehold
PGR4
Halo 3
Spiderman Friend or Foe
NHL 08
FIFA 08

Wii:
DK Blast
Bleach
Crash of the Titans
Mario Strikers

DS
Rune Factory
Yoshi Island

PS2
NHL 08
Crash of the Titans

Available
360:
The Darkness
BioShock
Halo 3
PGR4
MotoGP '07
Stranglehold
Madden 08
NBA Live 08
NHL 08
Two Worlds

PS3:
Lair
NHL 08

Wii:
My Sims[/quote]

That is like... exactly what was at my Rogers Vid. Every game you mentioned I saw there besides Moto GP 07.

ugh my Crash for the Wii is DoA. It has like milk and shit on it. Wii wont load it so back it goes when these movies we rented are done :(

i got metroid prime 3, strikers charged, halo 3 x2 (merry christmas brother), stranglehold and PGR 4

Still avail at silvercreek:
Bioshock
Flatout
Mama's cookoff (wii)
nhl08
tiger woods
NBA08live (wii)

Still avail at Edinbourgh:
Halo 3 x 3
two worlds
nhl 08x2
Darkness (ps3)
hmm thats all the good titles, i never look through the ps2, just too many

Just got back from the one in Miramichi, decent collection there, too bad I own everything:

Halo 3
Bioshock
NHL08
Forza 2
Two Worlds
Mario Strikers

There was a crapload of GBA games too, I picked up FFIV Advance for $9.99.

I just called my local Rogers and they told me it was only on DVDs and next week it should be on games. Halifax, NS.. should I just go punch them in the face and take what i want and leave 40+tax on the counter>?

[quote name='ZoNeD']I just called my local Rogers and they told me it was only on DVDs and next week it should be on games. Halifax, NS.. should I just go punch them in the face and take what i want and leave 40+tax on the counter>?[/quote]

Just ask them to check and see, that's what I usually do. They should have a code they punch in and if the deal is on (which it is), the code will work.

Magiic- I Pm'ed you.

My store didn't have too much. I grabbed a copy of Lair and Mario Party 3. I think every Roger's has Halo 3 and Bio-Shock.

If anyone wants something specific. LMK

[quote name='ZoNeD']I just called my local Rogers and they told me it was only on DVDs and next week it should be on games. Halifax, NS.. should I just go punch them in the face and take what i want and leave 40+tax on the counter>?[/quote]

LOL 2/40 on used DVDs is ice cold. :lol:

I guess I'll swing by my RV on the way home.

[quote name='Spiderine']Magiic- I Pm'ed you.

My store didn't have too much. I grabbed a copy of Lair and Mario Party 3. I think every Roger's has Halo 3 and Bio-Shock.

If anyone wants something specific. LMK[/quote]

did they have PGR4 and Sega Rally for 360?

Does this deal apply to all Rogers Video in Canada or only specific locations? I checked one Rogers Video, in Toronto (8 Wellsley St.), and they had no idea about it. Heck, there wasn't anything in terms of a flyer promoting it all.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']Does this deal apply to all Rogers Video in Canada or only specific locations? I checked one Rogers Video, in Toronto (8 Wellsley St.), and they had no idea about it. Heck, there wasn't anything in terms of a flyer promoting it all.[/quote]

Tell them to check their emails or check back with them tomorrow.

Surrey Central had signs up and everything. I picked up:

2x Halo 3
1x Bioshock
1x NHL 08

Gonna keep NHL 08 I think, although there's a huge circular scratch so if it doesn't work I'll be returning it. Halo 3 and Bioshock were for a friend + any CAG. However, he doesn't want them since he has no time to play right now.

So if you want Halo 3 or Bioshock and are in the Greater Vancouver Region, I'll sell them at $25 each. Otherwise I'm trading into EB soon.

[quote name='Firestorm']Tell them to check their emails or check back with them tomorrow.

Surrey Central had signs up and everything. I picked up:

2x Halo 3
1x Bioshock
1x NHL 08

Gonna keep NHL 08 I think, although there's a huge circular scratch so if it doesn't work I'll be returning it. Halo 3 and Bioshock were for a friend + any CAG. However, he doesn't want them since he has no time to play right now.

So if you want Halo 3 or Bioshock and are in the Greater Vancouver Region, I'll sell them at $25 each. Otherwise I'm trading into EB soon.[/quote]

So how exactly does this work? Is there a bin where I pick the games or is it any game on the shelf?

[quote name='Magik_Tek']So how exactly does this work? Is there a bin where I pick the games or is it any game on the shelf?[/quote]

Any game on the Previously Played shelf. Yes, I know this sounds too good to be true (I don't think many of us could believe it the first time we heard of it) but that's how it works.

Halo 3 on shelf: $49.99
Halo 3 on shelf: $49.99
Bioshock on shelf: $39.99
NHL 08 on shelf: $49.99

Get all that for: $80 + tax

Went around to a few stores but it was mostly slim pickings.

I picked up Forza 2 (360) and Darkness (360).

Looking to trade them for any two of these games: Zack & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Strikers Charged, and Dewey's Adventure (all for the Wii)

Picked up Halo 3 and PGR4 at the South Common Mall location (burnhamthorpe and erin mills parkway). But I went around 4 hours later with my buddy and the place was cleaned out. We drove to another 2 locations (glen erin and thomas & brittania and creditview) and they had nothing. I took my two over to EB and traded them in (Halo 3 = $50 with coupon, PGR4 = $30 at the one I traded my copy in at, but it was $36 at another one --> I didn't get it from this one because it's too far from my house). Preordered SMG with it, and still have $30 left on a gift card. So technically SMG just cost me $10.

anyone in toronto - if they see a copy of halo 3... i am interested in buying a copy off you ... please pick me up a copy, i cannot find one for the life of me =(

Capilano Mall in North Van has lots of copies of Bioshock and The Darkness but not much else.

If anyone found a copy of Sega Rally on 360 they want to sell PM me.

Rogers Video in Toronto sure sucks. One had barely anything, one didn't even have a 'previously played' section and some of the stores listed on the main site aren't even around anymore. :O

Same here...the Rogers in Oakville, ON. I'd go there and find out for myself, but it's a bit of a walk.

I got

NHL 08 for :ps3: & :360:
MotoGP '07 :360:
Sega Revo :360:

I also exchanged my diffective Crash of the Titans for a mint condition copy :)

81 and Scott Road had nothing remarkable, except for Warhawk and PGR4.

64 and Scott Road had a lot of games.

I picked up Heavenly Sword, Madden 08, NBA Live 08 and Metroid Prime 3.

360 = Two Worlds, Stranglehold, Bioshock, NHL 08, NBA Live 08, Madden 08, and Tiger Woods 08 were the more remarkable games.

PS3 = Madden 08, Tiger Woods 08, NHL 08,and Heavenly Sword

Wii (The console I have) = Nothing really, Elebits was the best thing availiable (since I took Metroid Prime 3, to trade into EB, since I already have it)

broadway + arbutus store = crap selection
oak + 16th location = crappier selection

on a side note, TRU is completely sold out of wii points cards (broadway location)

[quote name='maigoyume']broadway + arbutus store = crap selection
oak + 16th location = crappier selection

on a side note, TRU is completely sold out of wii points cards (broadway location)[/quote]

Metrotown was completely sold out as well. I shoulda just got them at the TRU near Surrey Central. $10 says some guy bought 90%+ of their stock.

[quote name='Firestorm']Metrotown was completely sold out as well. I shoulda just got them at the TRU near Surrey Central. $10 says some guy bought 90%+ of their stock.[/quote]i'll second that, blasted hoarders, i just wanted one so i could finally get paper mario and super metroid >

bread's done
Back