RPG's with great stories?

I have some RPG's here I'm thinking of selling, but I'd like to play them first if they have great stories. Do any of these have stories worth playing them for? I'm not a fan of child/teen storylines though.

Tales of Legendia
Rogue Galaxy
Odin Sphere
Radiata Stories
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Tales of Vesperia
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga

[quote name='Cerebral_One']I have some RPG's here I'm thinking of selling, but I'd like to play them first if they have great stories. Do any of these have stories worth playing them for? I'm not a fan of child/teen storylines though.

Tales of Legendia
Rogue Galaxy
Odin Sphere
Radiata Stories
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Tales of Vesperia
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga[/QUOTE]

Out of that list Nocture and DDS are the most mature

If you want a decent story, try Skies of Arcadia Legends. Best RPG on the NGamecube. Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are my favorite PS2 RPG narratives, which is saying a LOT cause the PS2 had loads of great RPGs.

I really liked the story of DDS as it was pretty different from your typical JRPG fare. There's a lot more gameplay than story in it, though.

I liked Final Fantasy X's story quite a bit. Shadow Hearts Covenant had a good story also. The ending was new and exciting.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']For me it's Suikoden 1 & 2. They generally avoid the cliches of saving the world from a big bad monster.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I'll even throw in Suikoden 5.

OP: Out of the games you mentioned I'd say DDS. I won't spoil anything but it's different from your cliched JRPG storylines. But to complete the story you need DDS2 as well. Just be prepared since both games are a bit unforgiving.

I always thought Odin Sphere was an Action game with RPG elements. I only played it for an hour or two, but that's how it felt to me.

Another suggestion, especially if you want something that is a little different. Nier was amazing. A little rough around the edges gameplay-wise, but I really liked it. The story is cool, but as you replay it more is revealed and it's really interesting.

bread's done
Back