Rune Factory 2 - $19.96 - NEW - Amazon.com

Nothing like buying a game and seeing it half the price you paid two days later. :( I don't know how much it would cost to return it and rebuy it, but it might be worth it.

[quote name='Shady3011']I think it was $3 to return if you didn't convince CS to waive it for you.[/quote]

Nope, they were totally unbending. Plus, I'm a Prime member, so it was shipped two-day. I might have to pay them back for that, too. After all the shipping around and refunding and whatnot, I wonder how much I'd actually be saving.

Pays to wait, I guess?

I don't even know anymore.

Black Friday shopping has eaten my brain cells. At least I was able to stay up late and do it instead of get up early and do it.

^^^ True, but think about how you played a part in your own misery. Don't buy games 5 days before Black Friday if you aren't going to be happy when you see them on sale. BTW your picture makes me sad. I think you should change it to something less depressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wolfpackgamer']^^^ True, but think about how you played a part in your own misery. Don't buy games 5 days before Black Friday if you aren't going to be happy when you see them on sale. BTW your picture makes me sad. I think you should change it to something less depressing.[/quote]

Well, what happened was I pre-ordered it for $27.99 a few months back, actually. Even got a few notices saying the release had been pushed later. And then all of a sudden it showed up. Oh, I thought, that was unexpected. Then, two days later, the price was $19.99 instead. Hmm, crap. I e-mailed them, but no dice. And now it's another $5 cheaper.

It was the first price drop, two days after release, that incensed me. I'm over being upset about it at this point, so another $5 was just like, oh, hmm. Wow. Even cheaper.

Haha, why is it depressing?? It's just me. I have to be grinning or something to not be depressing? I like candid photos more than poses or fake smiles.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']We are at $13 drop and Amazon provides NOT protection at all. This is just insane.[/quote]
If the price difference is big enough, just place a new order and return the old one (if you have already opened it, wait for the new order to arrive and return it as the old order) on your cost. It costs a few bucks to ship it back but at the end your still save.

[quote name='eau']If the price difference is big enough, just place a new order and return the old one (if you have already opened it, wait for the new order to arrive and return it as the old order) on your cost. It costs a few bucks to ship it back but at the end your still save.[/QUOTE]

I called them first when the drop was $8.06. Now I'm in a bizarre pickle. Do I call again even though they said they'd make a one-time-only exception?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I called them first when the drop was $8.06. Now I'm in a bizarre pickle. Do I call again even though they said they'd make a one-time-only exception?[/quote]
You were lucky. They wouldn't even make an one-time exception for lots of us (on different deals).

Since the effective price diff for you is around $5. I would say forget it and move on. Saving 2 or 3 bucks is not worth the hassle.

[quote name='superdry']I agree with the sentiment around here. I got screwed when Amazon dropped the price of Valkyria Chronicles a week after release.
[/quote]

I pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles too and got the $10 GC bonus for pre-ordering - the price only dropped $3 after it released (probably matching someone else's price), so I'm still glad I pre-ordered it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I called them first when the drop was $8.06. Now I'm in a bizarre pickle. Do I call again even though they said they'd make a one-time-only exception?[/quote]

They didn't do that for me. :(

I think it even more unlikely they'd do it with a black friday deal.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']They didn't do that for me. :(

I think it even more unlikely they'd do it with a black friday deal.[/QUOTE]

Call them. Let them know you just received or have not received it (depending on which is true). Let them know how it will cost AMAZON money for you to mark REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER and then order again...

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Call them. Let them know you just received or have not received it (depending on which is true). Let them know how it will cost AMAZON money for you to mark REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER and then order again...[/quote]

Ha! All right, I'll give it a try. In my last e-mail, I went a different route and told them about their responsibility to the environment and how me sending it back is a waste of resources. I'll try the "hey, you're losing money" route this time.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Ha! All right, I'll give it a try. In my last e-mail, I went a different route and told them about their responsibility to the environment and how me sending it back is a waste of resources. I'll try the "hey, you're losing money" route this time.[/QUOTE]

You are assuming they will be able to think for themselve. Those outsourced people are only going by the book.

bread's done
Back