San Diego Comic-Con International July 25-29!

I MIGHT show up on saturday, but the past few years have been dissapointing to me. Tack on that I'm kinda broke right now, the chance that I will go is getting less and less.

I went all 4 days last year and am doing the same this year.

I've got to resist the urge to overpay for Asian movies (like Zatoichi, assorted Anime like Champloo, dbz or Bleach, or some bruce lee films I'm interested in) and wait for deals to show up here or SD or FW or elsewhere.

Can't wait for Thursday now!

3:45-5:15 Lionsgate Special Preview Panel— An exclusive behind the scenes look at Lionsgate's biggest upcoming releases: Peter Fonda (Ghost Rider) and Ben Foster (X-Men: The Last Stand) discuss a modern take on the classic western with a special preview of 3:10 To Yuma; Jessica Alba (Fantastic Four), Dane Cook (Employee of The Month), and director Mark Helfrich take you behind the comedy of Good Luck Chuck; horror master Clive Barker and the cast of Midnight Meat Train take you on a terror trip through hell; and director Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, Saw III), Tobin Bell (Saw I, II and III) and the filmmakers of Saw IV invite you to play a game in the cruel and deadly world of Jigsaw. Hall H

Man preview night was crazy; a lot more packed than expected. Any of you guys try to get those huge tote bags from the WB water tower booth? Mooglestar and I had to fight through a sea of people to get one! I heard the Hasbro booth was insane as well though, lots of waiting as usual (thanks for the prime pepsi too :cool:).

So... My friend won tickets to comic con and he is going to give me one, so Im going there, I was going to go the other year but I couldnt, and Ive never been to one, so this is first time going. He doenst remember the day the tickets are for, so I have this couple of questions:

What can I expect to be there?
Is there a list where I can see the events for all days?
At what time does it start and ends?
Are the things overpriced?
What kind of things do they sell, except from figures an comics?

Sorry for being so noobish, I just wanted to ask ^^. Thanks

[quote name='Celtic']So... My friend won tickets to comic con and he is going to give me one, so Im going there, I was going to go the other year but I couldnt, and Ive never been to one, so this is first time going. He doenst remember the day the tickets are for, so I have this couple of questions:

What can I expect to be there?
[/quote]

Lots of lines and standing if you're trying to get into assorted exhibits or seminars.

Seriously, there's the main floor with booths by all sorts of companies trying to show off what you can expect soon. Pirates of the Carribean has a booth there showing off the movies in blueray. Sci Fi network has a booth there, I saw an exhibit showing off old Donkey Kong arcade machines. Hasbro is selling an R2-KT toy where the money goes to a charity.

http://www.r2kt.com/

and other stuff.

Is there a list where I can see the events for all days?

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_prog_thu.php

for thursday. Click on the friday/sat/sun to see those days events.

At what time does it start and ends?

10am is when the doors open. The con "ends" at 7pm but there are nighttime events and of course in the main hall, there's still lots of stuff to see and buy. I think it closes closes around 11ish.

Are the things overpriced?
What kind of things do they sell, except from figures an comics?

Not sure if things are overpriced... I'll defer to other CAGs. I dont think you will find many deals here; this is more like the place to get things that are otherwise hard to find. My friend bought a Dark Tower 1st edition set for $25... is that a bad deal? Dunno. Another friend bought a t shirt showing a machine gun sticking out of a tent with the caption "its a perfectly acceptable strategy" (camping). I think he paid $20.

AS far as what is sold, you can find t shirts, posters, dvds, comics, action figures, assorted trinkets (busts, swords, etc.)

Last year I bought 4 t shirts for ... I think $60. Honestly I don't remember what I paid for them. I dont think it was a great deal but I got shirts that otherwise I'd never have bought (Mr Sparkles) and are fairly hard to find otherwise unless you hunt it down on the internet.

Sorry for being so noobish, I just wanted to ask ^^. Thanks

No problemo. This is my 3rd con and I consider myself to be n00bish still.

I've been going every year since the last year before the move to San Diego Convention Center... great times!

I wish I was a kid again... soooooooo who's lining up for Phoenix Wright autograph session?

Don't forget to pre-register for next year's con. The four day passes are now $50 (up from $40) while the at the door prices are now $75 (up from $65).

I also got a Trials and Tribulations poster signed but completely forgot to bring my copies of Ace Attorney and Justice for All. I'll definitely bring them tomorrow to get them signed.

Okay guys, I'm going to need your input and help here. Tomorrow is the only day I'm going to Con and I need to know one thing: Which booths should I hit for the best free swag? Heh. Seriously.

[quote name='Panda']Hit the Warner Brothers booth first for the free bag. The bag is nice![/quote]

That WB bag is sweet. I saw them on preview night and wanted one, but I showed up too late. I managed to get one first thing on Thursday.:)

Who's going to the Heroes panel tomorrow? I'll probably be in ballroom 20 from 10 AM until the end of Heroes just to be sure I get in.

[quote name='Sway']I also got a Trials and Tribulations poster signed but completely forgot to bring my copies of Ace Attorney and Justice for All. I'll definitely bring them tomorrow to get them signed.[/QUOTE]

I had one of the free Trials and Tribulations fliers signed after my interview with her, but I somehow lost it from the con to my house. I'm debating if I want to deal with the inevitably long line tomorrow...

925353789_8bb7a2662b.jpg

Woo hoo! A friend of mine got Minae Matsukawa to sign my game inserts while I was running my gaming room upstairs!

:)

Yesterday I went to Comic Con for the first time ever. It was fun but there are way too many people there! I know it's not something that can be changed but at least at E3 I didn't have to endure a lingering sweat stench... But I'm not all complaints here. I sat in on the Neil Gaiman program (pointless but very fun), had my 100 Bullets trades signed by Brian Azzarello and Phoenix Wright games signed by Minae Matsukawa, talked to the Penny Arcade guys for a bit, and even got Steven E. De Souza to sign Street Fighter: The Movie with "Are you man enough to fight me?" :lol:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I'm going tomorrow, anybody have a list of important stuff going on?[/QUOTE]r u going to register at the con???

according to the website, it says "membership sold out"

does that mean if I show up I'll be assed out?!?! it's a 2 hour drive and I only got confirmation a few minutes ago that my friend is down to go with me...

I only heard Friday, Saturday, and full membership are only sold out. Sunday, there's nothing says it's been sold out.

For tomorrow, Nicolas Cage will be here tomorrow.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't know it's sold out.

I went to comic-con today. this year i only went on SAT rather than my usual 3 days.
Reason because of my schedule and because its crowded as hell this year.
Walking around was even more of a pain then before, not taken into account twice the BO and stank everywhere.
This also marks the very first comic con where i bought absolutely nothing for myself.
I did score on a couple exclusive starwars Cody Busts for resell on ebay.
I do this every year to at least cover my expenses for things i buy there for my personal collections.
But even tho i walked around until my feets hurt, i couldnt find anything that i wanted to buy at all.
So yea compare to the other CC's this year was lacking for me in products.
I didnt even get alot of free swag, my huge WB bag was empty as crap.
Speaking of which WB gave out some good stuff this year.
Got me a couple of the Blue LED/Laser/Pen/Stylus from them.

Comming to a EBAY near you soon, unless some cagsters here really want one haha.
crim0056vn8.jpg

But on closing day I usually am able to get pretty amazing deals at some vendors - I remember getting like 4 figures that normally would run $60 total for around $25.

The trick is that they're trying to get rid of stuff to pack into trucks to take back so they're more willing to dump stuff.

Recent years have been tougher though, so good luck.

[quote name='Panda']I only heard Friday, Saturday, and full membership are only sold out. Sunday, there's nothing says it's been sold out.

For tomorrow, Nicolas Cage will be here tomorrow.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't know it's sold out.[/QUOTE]
Made it in time to see NC's press conference, pretty cool. Pix below, but they are pretty hard to see him.

dsc00548xp9.jpg

dsc00545te0.jpg

Projector Screen:
dsc00542bc8.jpg

Snagged myself a replica Anakin Skywalker lightsaber for $90 :)

Wow. Nice picture!

I think I got Rob Zombie one year. That was kewl. :)

I didn't want to wait for the Nicolas Cage panel. Was it jammed pack? How was the panel?

The Cage panel wasn't packed at all. One, it was held in Ballroom 20, which I think was where the Masquerade was held the previous night, so it was huge. Two, it got moved up from 2pm to 10:45am so I think a lot of people didn't know about the change unless they picked up the daily newsletter which updates the programming schedule. I also took a few pictures but they aren't as good since I didn't get a good a seat as RiceBo1.

[quote name='Sway']The Cage panel wasn't packed at all. One, it was held in Ballroom 20, which I think was where the Masquerade was held the previous night, so it was huge. Two, it got moved up from 2pm to 10:45am so I think a lot of people didn't know about the change unless they picked up the daily newsletter which updates the programming schedule. I also took a few pictures but they aren't as good since I didn't get a good a seat as RiceBo1.[/QUOTE]
Funny thing was that I barely made it to the conference, I made it within the last 30 mins or so, maybe even less because I was still getting my pre-registration done. But when I walked in there were lots of seats, I was originally going to just snap pix in the front on the sides and then just leaves, but then one of the guys told me I had to sit and there were about 5 seats available in the front so I took them and just snapped some pix.

Bump-a-dump. I was too tired at con time to post anything.

I got the NECA Castlevania figure (pixelated Simon Belmont in 3-D) and it's pretty sweet. Also got both the Dan Hibiki exclusives from the SOTA and Wizard booths, unfortunately they didn't discount 'em at the end. Bought Overclocked by Cory Doctorow after a panel and had him sign it (good stories btw.) Watched the Evo West Super SF2 Turbo finals on Sunday. Got the Phoenix Wright poster signed and picked up some extras for friends. Met/talked to Dave Roman at the SLG booth and bought some of his stuff. Good times.

Wish Umbrella Chronicles had been set up properly, the Wii sensor was below the screen but set for the top, making aiming super funky. Contra 4 is going to rock your face.

bread's done
Back