Save additional $10 with GCO on top of DeepDiscount 20%

chris100185

CAGiversary!
Deep Discount lists many of their movies on Buy.com. And the 20% off is reflected on that site as the normal price. You can then use the google checkout trick to take a further $10 off the purchase price.

Doubtful there are many here who don't know about it, but if you don't it's simple. On Buy.com there is an offer, where you get $10 taken off your order the first time you use google checkout to order an item. Thing is there is nothing stopping you from making multiple accounts and getting the discount every time you order from them. Using one order/account at a time you can get $10 off the already discounted price of each movie as much as you want.

Here's Deep Discount's listing on Buy.com
http://www.buy.com/retail/ searchresults.asp?store=4&ma01=16534620

[quote name='chris100185']Bout 20 minutes[/QUOTE]

For me it's 15 minutes. They wait the 15 minutes where you, the buyer, still have the option of canceling. As soon as the 15 minutes is up for me, it is cancelled.

I guess you can't use GCO with OOS items, huh? I've never used my GCO, and was looking for stuff to use it on before the $10 goes away... All the stuff I want is either not listed on buy.com or OOS. :(

Hmm. I just used the same CC I used a couple of days ago(the one that went through) and changed the first name, and so far it appears to be going through. So my current theory is that the name change works as long as the card itself has never been rejected.

EDIT: And the card is charged.

placed an order for ninja scroll 10th anniv. edition for $7.01....if it goes through I'll try and see if there is anything else i can get since all the crap on my wishlist is OOS...Thanks OP

[quote name='chris100185']Hmm. I just used the same CC I used a couple of days ago(the one that went through) and changed the first name, and so far it appears to be going through. So my current theory is that the name change works as long as the card itself has never been rejected.

EDIT: And the card is charged.[/QUOTE]

did you change the first name on the billing, shipping, or both?

I placed an order for Patton and Sand Pebbles with different e-mails, CC numbers, but the same address a few nights ago. So far so good. Status shows as sent to warehouse. I hope this goes through, made each movie 12.82 I think. I didn't want to go overboard, so I'll order The Longest Day from Amazon.

[quote name='tholly']did you change the first name on the billing, shipping, or both?[/QUOTE]

Just the first name on the shipping address.

[quote name='fieldkillah']My order changed to shipped.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just tried paypal again and it still doesn't like the card. Did you have money in your account or were you using backup funding from a CC/debit/bank account?

[quote name='chris100185']Well, I just tried paypal again and it still doesn't like the card. Did you have money in your account or were you using backup funding from a CC/debit/bank account?[/quote]

backup funding from bank account.

[quote name='tholly']What are the complete steps you do to get this to work?

1) Do you set up a new gmail account?
etc.[/quote]

I'm curious as well. I'd never used it before but it wouldn't let me use GCO with my existing gmail account (which had an existing buy.com account), but I put in a yahoo email and it went through. Is this basically creating new buy.com accounts for each order?

Though I'm just asking in general for GCO because everything I wanted from DD was listed at full price without the 20% and oos...

[quote name='JolietJake']Geez, my order from DD still hasn't arrived, been almost a week.[/quote]

Let me take a wild guess here: This is your first time ordering from DD?

One time a simple 2 DVD order (neither on backorder) took just about a month to get to me. Usual timeframe is 2 weeks.

[quote name='chris100185']You can only get the $10 discount ONCE per google account, hence the need to make multiple accounts.[/quote]

That's the weird thing. I used my gmail address and it said I was already an existing google member even though I had never used GCO before...

Checking Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya LE DVDs and the 20% off prices do seem to show up correctly... ???

Mines still in progress and I haven't received the confirmation from DD like it said I would, is this normal?

my card has been charged though

tried adding two discovery atlas items, and had no luck. It simply says:

"We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service."

[quote name='stazi']tried adding two discovery atlas items, and had no luck. It simply says:

"We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service."[/quote]

Not 100% on this, but I think you can only do it with one item in your cart.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thanks for pointing this out, OP. Ended up getting the remastered Fifth Element BD for $4. Can't beat it. You really wonder how long it will be until Google finally pulls the plug on the $10 sign-up bonus. It's been abused like a red-headed stepchild.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, Apparently they just decided. GCO deal ends June 30th. So make use of it while you can.

And apparently I needed funds in my paypal account itself for it to work. Backup rejected immediately but now it looks to be working.

How long does it take to get confirmation from deep discount. Buy.com sent me their order confirmation, but i'm still waiting for DD's response.

[quote name='fnm4evr']How long does it take to get confirmation from deep discount. Buy.com sent me their order confirmation, but i'm still waiting for DD's response.[/quote]
It took a little longer than I expected. About 3-4 business days and you should be OK, after that I would try to contact buy.com just to check on it.

So far I have used this to get (they have shipped but none have arrived) Film Crew (Hollywood After Dark), Blade Runner (4-Disc set) and Juno (2-Disc set). I used a different card for one of them but the other two were the same card and they didn't cancel it or anything, I got the shipping confirmation the other day.

Since it seemed to work with the same card I figured I would push my luck a bit. I have since ordered the other three Film Crew DVDs as well. I also ordered "World War Z" and "Father of the Bride" together but used a different card and a wholly separate email so they should go through without a problem. I'll wait and see if the Film Crew DVDs make it since they are totally new emails and the exact same card for all of them.

EDIT: Well, one of the three has already been canceled so that doesn't bode well for the rest. I reordered using the other card from before so we'll see if that works and then try again.

Just got my confirmation. took a couple of days. Also got some buds of mine to order some using the discount for me. Great deal!

so if anyone who has gotten this to work could post all specifics like backup funds or funds in the account, bill to and delivery info identical and anything else because my orders keep gettin cancelled.

Well, I was having problems, but got it to work a few times.

I made a new account (new e-mail address / checkout account - one a new gmail account, one just an address I had non-gmail).

I created these accounts and tried them....wouldn't work.....waited a few days, and tried again...worked.

For the item, one item in cart that the total after $10 off would be more than $10.

Addresses & names...just changed my name....Anthony to Tony or added Mr. or added my middle name.

Address....just modified it...put apt number and address on one line...added apt., changed apt. to suite etc.

Credit card .... just used the same account I have been using, but changed up the name address a little bit, as described above.

Did not use a virtual card or anything to do with Paypal.

[quote name='tholly']I made a new account (new e-mail address / checkout account - one a new Gmail account, one just an address I had non-gmail).[/quote]

I think the new gmail account is key. Back when GCO first started, I had a couple of Gmail accounts that I used with the same CCs and they worked no problem.

For this deal, I had one last gmail account that hadn't been used with GCO before and it worked with a CC that I used in the past. I didn't change any of my names or mailing/billing addresses or anything and I didn't have any trouble.

IMO, all those steps you took seem to be overkill since simply a new Gmail account always worked for me. But if it works for you, then thumbs up.

Oh, and I didn't have to use any PayPal virtual cards, either (never even knew there was such a thing).

[quote name='Mugen Power']I think the new gmail account is key. Back when GCO first started, I had a couple of Gmail accounts that I used with the same CCs and they worked no problem.

For this deal, I had one last gmail account that hadn't been used with GCO before and it worked with a CC that I used in the past. I didn't change any of my names or mailing/billing addresses or anything and I didn't have any trouble.

IMO, all those steps you took seem to be overkill since simply a new Gmail account always worked for me. But if it works for you, then thumbs up.

Oh, and I didn't have to use any PayPal virtual cards, either (never even knew there was such a thing).[/QUOTE]

I was trying everything.....and I failed about 15 times.....until I did what I said above. May have been too much, but it worked for me.

I might try one or two more criterions before this ends.....

I finally got some extra cards to use but they kept getting canceled anyway. I finally realized that it was the shipping address that was kicking it, so I shipped it to a family members house and all was good. Two have since went through and I'm waiting on confirmation for the third, but if it fails then I can just jump to someone else's address.

I have not got this to work with titles that would come out to under $10--those were getting silently canceled within a few hours. (I didn't receive an e-mail saying it was canceled, but if I checked order status it said canceled). However using the same account/credit card for other titles worked fine. Titles that didn't work for me were The Host (Blu-Ray), Waiting (Blu-Ray), The 6th Day (Blu-Ray).

Yea, I can't get Blast Of Silence Criterion to work ... comes out to $6.23.

My fiancee with a brand new account couldn't get a CC to work for me either, Story of a Prostitute for $6.23. She sent buy.com & googlecheckout.com an e-mail....they said it was an error in the system and that if she redid the order, they would make it go through....

i just wanted to thank the original poster. i've picked up some dvds for .79 cents tonight

Tried this again for the second time under a different e-mail address with same credit card #, shipping address, and modified shipping name from previous order. Worked out, so far no cancellation. Couldn't pass up Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition DVD set for $14.30 even if I wanted to.

bread's done
Back