Score! Two new arcade games for me!

Survivor Charlie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was lucky enough to score two new arcade games for my collection for the low-low price of $25 each. The owner thought both were busted. It took me and my brother-in-law about two hours on each to get them up and running.

100_0563.jpg

Battlezone (1980 Atari). Awesome game, one of the best of all time. At $25, this was the best score I've ever had in 10 years of hardcore game collecting. I couldn't be more thrilled.

100_0566.jpg

Sprint 2 (1976 Kee Games aka Atari). Most people here will think it's too primitive, but I don't care. The classics never die and even if the game is five years older then myself, I still remember playing it at the arcade in Seaside, OR.

Both are in such amazing condition on the outside. Side art is almost perfect (some minor paint scuffs but that's to be expected by 27 year old+ machines), the monitor for Sprint I'll likely replace due to the heavy burn-in but otherwise they're in excellent condition.

I'm not trying to brag too much but even though I'm a collector I've never really had a GREAT find that cost me so little compared to their value, so I'm on cloud nine right now.

Congratulations. As a fellow hardware collector, I understand exactly how you must feel. That Battlezone is a Grade A score.

Thanks Salmonday :)

I might end up selling the Sprint or trading it for a pinball machine. I love it but man, it eats up room.

The Battlezone will never leave me. It's one of my favorite classics, it's got the periscope and even the stepup. (well, unless someone offers me a decent Pinball machine for it).

The backstory is both of these games were part of an arcade somewhere in Central Washington and when the arcade went belly-up in the early 80s, the owner gave the machines that he couldn't sell to friends and stuff. That's why they're in such good shape. They've changed hands a bunch of times. They've been sitting in a house not being played for nearly 10 years.

These aren't the first arcade games I've owned but it's the first time I didn't shell out a lot of cash for them. I'm thrilled beyond belief. Especially how easy they were to get going.

That's incredibly cool! I've always wanted some kind of arcade machine, but I doubt I'll ever find a deal that good.

Nice! What was the specific problem with either machine, and how did you fix it? Is that something that you could figure out via some googling, or do you guys have some electronics experience?

Grats. I hope you have a cool place to store them.

At the Boardwalk here in Santa Cruz they were practically giving away a bunch of older games from the arcade.

I, unfortunately missed out on a $50 Discs of Tron!!!! Fairly beat up, but it worked perfectly. I also missed out on Two Tigers (see below).. a fantastic two player game.

twotiger_a.png

My pride and joys in my living room are a mint Twin Cobra (Romstar) and full cabinet Space Gun (complete with foot pedals, vibrating guns and pump action grenade launchers). It's always cool after hours when new people come by and go "holy crap, you've got STAND UP arcade games?" It's funny how you add alcohol and all of a sudden even the girls want to blast aliens.

The cabinet for Space Gun is something else when lit up. This doesn't even do it justice.

118124217139.jpg

118124217143.png

118124217145.png

118124217144.png

Nice! What was the specific problem with either machine, and how did you fix it? Is that something that you could figure out via some googling, or do you guys have some electronics experience?

The Sprint 2 had speaker problems and it actually worked, but because the Speaker made a loud 'BLAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR" noise, they assumed it was something wrong with the motor and never allowed it to boot up properly.

The Battlezone had some stuff unplugged on the inside.

I've never actually seen a Super Punch-Out!! arcade machine. I've seen regular Punch Out!! a bunch of times... they had one at a bowling alley here in town as little as one year ago.

I haven't seen a World Series: The Season since I was a little kid.

I have a couple dream games I would love to find in decent shape. Baby Pac-Man, Sega Hologram: Time Traveler, Dragon's Lair, Popeye...

Nice! This reminds me of when I stupidly hesitated on a $25 Millipede machine locally, only to have it gone the next day. Sigh...

If it was Centipede, I would fly to your location and slap you.

Millipede... eh, I think it was actually worse then the original. The DDT bombs ruined the game for me. Centipede is just more fun, more logical, and nicer looking too.

The guy who I bought my Dungeons & Dragons pinball from actually had about 12 other pinballs and a half-dozen arcade machines but all were in HORRIBLE shape.

Yet still, I managed to fix the D&D Pinball, which was in awful shape, but it was actually the best conditioned of the bunch and it was only $100, so I kind of regret not picking up the rest which would have cost even less. Among them were Cyclone, Black Knight, Party Animal, and a bunch of others. The arcade games were mostly Data East crap. Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, that kind of stuff. And again, not in good shape. Side art damaged, missing maquees, bad monitors, broken control panels. They weren't even worth hauling for free.

Two thumbs up on the Battlezone. I'd have bought the sprint too at $25, but I'd unload it quick.

I hope someday to own a Daytona sit down 2 player.

bread's done
Back