Sega CD: Any good games to warrant a purchase?

Snatcher is defiantly worth playing. Working Design games like Vay and Popful Mail. Lunar is on PSOne but the Sega CD version has better battle system. Sega games like Sonic CD, Eternal Champion, and Shining Force CD.

i actually owned that game, can't remember where i got it our what i did with it. Probably traded it off back in 04. I remember looking for Marky Mark: Make My Video after i found complete copies of Kris Kross and INXS: Make My Video.

[quote name='Dazz']Is Dark Wizard any good?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's awesome if you like strategy/RPG type games. I also highly recommend Final Fight CD, Shining Force CD...I like Silpheed a lot too.

Some stuff not listed yet.

Secret of monkey island
Road Avenger
Heart of the Alien
Earthworm Jim Special Edition

Probably a few more that I can't think of at the moment

I loved Final Fight for the Sega CD as the SNES port lacked 2 player coop

Sol Feace (pack in with original sega cd) was pretty good, as was Sonic cd

Sad to say being a huge INXS fan I got the make my video game, and was disappointed

Used to love playing jeopardy for the system stoned while snacking on croutons in my dorm room so many years ago... have alot of good memories of the sega cd

Snatcher is still good

Lunar's are poor by today's standards. You'd be better off playing the PS1 version. Also, Popful Mail isn't very good.

the lunars and popful mail are still great today. I would also put in Mortal Kombat. Just to see it move at the original arcade speed instead of the significantly slower genesis and quicksand induced snes version. That and the cheesy commercial.

[quote name='Dazz']Is Dark Wizard any good?[/QUOTE]
Yes, incredibly. It has a particularly good soundtrack. Some of the earliest orchestrated music I've ever heard in a game.

And pretty much everything has been mentioned already. Snatcher, Sonic CD, Shining Force, Keio, Lunar, Lunar 2, Vay, Popful Mail, Lords of Thunder, Robo Aleste, Final Fight, Heart of the Alien, Silpheed, and there are plenty of others. And hey, Night Trap is an interesting history lesson. So, yeah, it's definitely worth owning one.

Dark Wizard is the only reason you should need to own a Sega CD.

That being said, Road Avenger was a favorite of mine as well. Wonderdog was okay as well.

I once thought I saw the guy that plays Ghost in Sewer Shark at a restaurant. He didn't have the helmet on.

Edit: My wife recommends Pugsy.

bread's done
Back