Simply walk in and get a PS3 after launch!! Spring?

niceguy

Banned
When do you think a person will be able to simply go into a Best Buy, Circuit City, GS, EB, etc and get a PS3 off the shelf and just buy it? I'm thinking at least the start of April. I remember you couldn't walk into a store and get a 360 until about March/April w/o any problems or luck.

I would assume you're right. Unless Sony has something up their sleeve, and everything points to the PS3 being harder to manufacture than even the X360 is. So, I wouldn't expect to see well-stocked shelves until after the new year, with February being the absolute earliest.

Sony still has to do the European launch, so numbers might still be short in the US. I think we won't get to the point of being able to just walk right into a store and buying the system, until I think spring 2008(at most) or at least until august 2007(at least), it all depends on demand though.. 360 lost a lot of demand post launch, and then no big time games during the summer. So if ps3 has some demand post launch and steady flow of good games, then they'll be good.

Sony still has to do the European launch, so numbers might still be short in the US. I think we won't get to the point of being able to just walk right into a store and buying the system, until I think spring 2008(at most) or at least until august 2007(at least), it all depends on demand though.. 360 lost a lot of demand post launch, and then no big time games during the summer. So if ps3 has some demand post launch and steady flow of good games, then they'll be good.

When were 360s readily avalible again? Even with the soft launch in Japan (meaning a massive number of units going their way eventually) I'd say March.

Considering the Euro launch, June/July at the earliest, early November (prior to Black Friday/Christmas shopping) at the latest.

for where I live, probably around late february, early march, everybody goes crazy when it first comes out, then it dies.. the 360 was like OMGZ I NEED IT, then in february, gamecrazy/stop had like 10 at a time. :/

It is gonna be worst. xbox had about a million shipped in one quarter. sony is gonna have half that number. and if u remember ps2, it will be a long time before u can just get one off the shelf. probably JUNE

what are you guys talking about with the ps2 being hard to find?? i just walked into target, like a couple weeks after launch and picked one up

I couldn't find one at target, kmart, walmart, kbtoys, ebgames, gamestop, etc. I called every damn store to see they have it in stock, but no luck. Anyway, I got mine 5 month after launch at frys.

Well 360's came harder to come by till late March or early April.
Given the current rate/problems with producing PS3s im going with later summer/early fall before you can easily get one, and then you'll have problems again around next XMas.

Wheres the smart ass saying you can get one the first day because noone wants a shitty Soni!!!!! console?

:roll:

[quote name='Kayden']Wheres the smart ass saying you can get one the first day because noone wants a shitty Soni!!!!! console?

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Check a mirror, you might find him there...

bread's done
Back