Snow White BD $10.00 after $10 coupon at Amazon

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Amazon is currently offering a $10 discount off the purchase of the Blu-ray of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. Just input the promotional code "snowhite" (only one W) at checkout. If used on the combo edition with Blu-ray packaging, this brings the final price to $9.99; but it allegedly also works on the other different BD editions of the movie.

Thanks to Blu-ray.com
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3466

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm still doing the amazon thing strictly due to factor in driving added in. However you're right if your close that would totally be the place one should go.

ugh, another hope for the pre-order price guarantee to actually work, I swear most of the time it doesn't and I have to beg Amazon. (They never seem to understand the concept of their own policy)

That said, AWESOME deal. Glad I didn't bother cancelling to go to TrU since it's an out of the way trip to pick it up. (my copy already shipped)

Thanks for the heads up JN. Gonna have them call me once I finish my Conf Call. They've shipped it already but it still doesn't release until tomorrow.

I'm beginning to think that pre-ordering is becoming a hassle on Amazon. I've had 3 things in a row become cheaper after it shipped for me.

Damn Amazon. I emailed them about the credit because I didn't get it this time (they fixed my Halo 3 order up fine though).

at 10$, definitely in for one. i was gonna stop by TRU tomorrow, but that coupon was such a mess to print, and this saves me time. also bought Interview with the Vampire for 10.99 to get FSSS. 22.84 after tax (NYC, argh), i even had credit to cover it with them still, so its awesome all around =]

I just emailed amazon to get my $5 back as the item already shipped at the old price and I paid by gift card balance.

I just received my 5 dollar refund after I sent of a semi-stern email. I was mad because this crap has happened on my last 3 orders and I didn't get credited for one of them.

how long did it take for amazon to respond to you guys for getting the difference? i sent an email about 10am pacific time and still havent heard back yet...

Nice, in for one at $10.

Also got a $5 credit for Video on Demand. Not something I'm likely to use much, but it's a nice bonus.

Good luck using your Video on Demand credit! Twice I tried, and both times it charged my credit card instead. I don't know why the video checkout can't work like regular checkouts.

[quote name='eastx']Good luck using your Video on Demand credit! Twice I tried, and both times it charged my credit card instead. I don't know why the video checkout can't work like regular checkouts.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, got two episodes of Battlestar Galactica...

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']how long did it take for amazon to respond to you guys for getting the difference? i sent an email about 10am pacific time and still havent heard back yet...[/QUOTE]

I had them call me. Their email response has been getting slower and slower.

to all the people who mentioned using gold box. i thought gold box deals showed up the same for everyone. what i usually do is google amazon gold box. is there something i am missing? thanks in advance.

just to let everyone know i just went for this deal and got an amazon code for 5$ credit for amazons video on demand store. not sure if this is going to everyone, but if it is it makes this an even better deal.

[quote name='nativetongue88']to all the people who mentioned using gold box. i thought gold box deals showed up the same for everyone. what i usually do is google amazon gold box. is there something i am missing? thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

the top part of gold box is for everyone. you have individual ones after u loggin and its half of the bottom page. those change every day.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']the top part of gold box is for everyone. you have individual ones after u loggin and its half of the bottom page. those change every day.[/QUOTE]

niiiice. thanks alot.

now amazon owns me even more. haha.

Just ordered one. More interested in the Wizard of Oz Blu-ray then Snow White but at $10 couldn't pass it up. Ordered Anvil: The Story of Anvil as well which I had planned on getting anyway to get free standard shipping.

Would have went for the TRU deal, but could never get the $10 coupon to print and making it down to a store to do the pre-order today was too much a hassle. Ordered it along with 2001:A Space Odyssey (Blu) so I could get the free shipping at Amazon.

I guess I will just keep by Steelbook pre-order from Best Buy and buy this. I believe that my payoff was more than this so I got the Steelbook and then this. Wonder if I could sell my Steelbook receipt on eBay :)

Mine already shipped and they didn't deduct the $5, so I sent an email and they answered within minutes. They said I should see a $5 refund on my credit card in 2-3 business days.

I was ready to throw a hissy-fit if they said no to the refund, lol. I currently have hundreds of dollars worth of games and blu rays preordered and I've spent over $1000 on amazon in the past year or two. They've built up some strong customer loyalty with me and they would have lost it all over $5 if they didnt refund. Thank you Amazon.

[quote name='Jgel']BTW i love sharing Prime with 4 other Cag's If you don't have prime hook up with some other CAG's.[/QUOTE]

Is there a thread for this? I would love to do this with some other CAGS is possible.

I too share Prime, but CheappyD has prohibited threads/discussion of the topic. So keep it on the down-low.

[quote name='eastx']I too share Prime, but CheappyD has prohibited threads/discussion of the topic. So keep it on the down-low.[/QUOTE]

Shucks I'll keep my mouth shut.

[quote name='WiiNet']Will they adjust orders that were pre-ordered at $25 automatically or do I need to contact them somehow?[/QUOTE]

Just be prepared to email them, you never know though, I've never had to, but one of my friends had to for something about a month or so ago.

I absolutely hate when they do this...because you have to be on top of them about it....even though there is the Pre-Order Price Guarentee.

I wonder if they'll give anyone shit due to the promo code though....(which no longer works)

i just read this thread T_T
Can I still email amazon and see if they will credit the $5? my order just got shipped yesterday.

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']You guys shouldn't have to email them as you're jumping the gun just a bit.[/QUOTE]
it depends because last minute changes like this often DON'T take effect unless you e-mail them. Also orders with Goldbox promo or the 'snowhite' promo code won't make it so the order can be further discounted to the price ......amazon is weird like that....

I get the pre-order price guarantee automatically about 1/3 of the time.

The other 2/3rd of the time, I have to email them, usually twice, and I get a lecture about how the POST-order price guarantee is no longer in effect, but as a "one time courtesy" they'll give me the credit.

It's like, learn your own friggin' policies!

Bah, the good reviews are swaying me back to getting it. Plus my $10 coupon code is still active. :p

Hm, not sure why, but they pushed the ship date on new orders to 1-2 weeks. Either I caught them in a database inventory update, or they sold out of their initial allocation and are in between another shipment.

Strange tried it with my account and the coupon would not apply. Used my sister's and it went through just fine. Eh?

The Blu-ray version's DVD disc does not have any Special Features, right?

But is EVERY feature on there on Blu-ray anyway?

I just ordered two and input the snowhite code and it took 20 off and I also got a "snow white thanks" promo for an additIonal 10 off!!! $5 for each disc!!!

[quote name='Ed_']I just ordered two and input the snowhite code and it took 20 off and I also got a "snow white thanks" promo for an additIonal 10 off!!! $5 for each disc!!![/QUOTE]

which ones did you add? I am doing this exact thing with 2 BR copies and it's only taking 20 off.

ing Details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
Order #: 002-7067825-8814639
Shipping Method: Two-Day Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $ $39.98
Shipping & Handling: $ $0.00
Promotion Applied: $ -$0.00
Promotion Applied: $ -$20.00
Snow White Thanks: $ -$10.00
$ ------
Total for this Order: $ $9.98

$
Delivery estimate:$October 21, 2009$-$October 26, 2009
2 "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live w/ Blu-ray packaging) [Blu-ray]"
Adriana Caselotti; Blu-ray; $19.99

I'm on my iPhone so I can't post as many details. Here is a copy and paste of the email they sent me;

ing Details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
Order #: 002-7067825-8814639
Shipping Method: Two-Day Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $ $39.98
Shipping & Handling: $ $0.00
Promotion Applied: $ -$0.00
Promotion Applied: $ -$20.00
Snow White Thanks: $ -$10.00
$ ------
Total for this Order: $ $9.98

$
Delivery estimate:$October 21, 2009$-$October 26, 2009
2 "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live w/ Blu-ray packaging) [Blu-ray]"
Adriana Caselotti; Blu-ray; $19.99

[quote name='ed_']ing details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
order #: 002-7067825-8814639
shipping method: Two-day shipping
shipping preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
subtotal of items: $ $39.98
shipping & handling: $ $0.00
promotion applied: $ -$0.00
promotion applied: $ -$20.00
snow white thanks: $ -$10.00
$ ------
total for this order: $ $9.98

$
delivery estimate:$october 21, 2009$-$october 26, 2009
2 "snow white and the seven dwarfs (two-disc blu-ray/dvd combo + bd live w/ blu-ray packaging) [blu-ray]"
adriana caselotti; blu-ray; $19.99

i'm on my iphone so i can't post as many details. Here is a copy and paste of the email they sent me;

ing details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
order #: 002-7067825-8814639
shipping method: Two-day shipping
shipping preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
subtotal of items: $ $39.98
shipping & handling: $ $0.00
promotion applied: $ -$0.00
promotion applied: $ -$20.00
snow white thanks: $ -$10.00
$ ------
total for this order: $ $9.98

$
delivery estimate:$october 21, 2009$-$october 26, 2009
2 "snow white and the seven dwarfs (two-disc blu-ray/dvd combo + bd live w/ blu-ray packaging) [blu-ray]"
adriana caselotti; blu-ray; $19.99[/quote]

hmm did you have any promo credit left over from something else?

Seems like he is getting an extra $5 for some reason. All I could find on an additional $5 was the $5 video credit promo for pre-orders, but I think that ended upon release.

No, otherwise it would only say promotion applied. I tried it again and it didn't even accept the snowhite coupon. Guess I just got lucky.

I just ordered this and I don't know why. In my 23 years of life, I have never seen this. I guess with this price it is better than ever.

bread's done
Back