Some New Wal-Mart Dump Bin Finds (YMMV)

Illini Jeeper

CAGiversary!
I'll alphabetize these in a little while.

EDIT: The List So Far (As always YMMV)
Anchorman
Air Force One
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Austin Powers: Goldmember
A.I.
American Psycho (Uncut Killer Edition)
Anger Management (Full screen)
Adventures in Babysitting
Agent Cody Banks
Agent Cody Banks 2
Big Trouble In Little China
The Beach
Batteries Not Included
Confidence
Cutthroat Island
The Core
Clash of the Titans
Cabin Fever
The Cable Guy
Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola)
Dogma
Delta Force 2
Death Warrant
The Doors (2 disc)
Don't Tell Mom...The Babysitter's Dead
Death to Supermodels
Dr. Dolittle
Escape From New York (1 and 2 disc versions)
Enemy Mine
Entrapment
Enemy At the Gates
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Far From Home
Fly Away Home
Going the Distance
Galaxy Quest
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe- Best 10 Episode Collector's Edition
Hope Floats
Howard Stern's Private Parts
High Tension
John Carpenter's Vampires
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
My Cousin Vinny
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat: Anihilation
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Ninth Gate
Open Water
The Outsiders
One Hour Photo
The Perfect Score
The Pagemaster
The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)
The Quick and the Dead
All Rambo movies
The Running Man (2 disc)
Return to Lonesome Dove
Reservoir Dogs 10 Year Anniversary
Short Circuit
Stephen King's Desperation
Stephen King's Rose Red
Saturday Night Fever
Syriana (full screen)
Swordfish
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
The Score
Sideways (Full screen)
Sound of Thunder
Sum of All Fears
The Terminal (Full screen)
Terminator 2: Extreme Edition
Tommy Knockers
Total Recall (SE)
True Lies
Wicker Park
Wild Bunch (2 disc)
The Wedding Singer
You, Me, and Dupree

[quote name='smashingradioheads']Oooo, I've been meaning to replace my single disc Terminator 2 dvd. Hopefully I can find a copy around my parts.[/quote]

I hate how they ditched the metal sleeve for the cardboard sleeve. Luckily i got mine when it first came out.

Dude get the Super Bit edition DVD (silver case) Insane sound and picture quality DTS sounds incredible on this puppy!!:hot:

[quote name='qwert916']I picked up Dogma for 5.50, great if you're a fellow Kevin Smith Fan :)[/quote]

This wasn't the two-disc by any chance?

[quote name='michaema']I hate how they ditched the metal sleeve for the cardboard sleeve. Luckily i got mine when it first came out.[/quote]
The metal sleeve rips up the DVD case. I don't even know where my metal sleeve is anymore since it's not on my DVD.

Hmm mine had Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, Austin Powers 2 and 3 and a bunch of random stuff at 4.88 in a giant display.

[quote name='Thebobert5']This wasn't the two-disc by any chance?[/QUOTE]

No, it's the supposedly OOP one-disc full screen version. At least the one I bought was.

Some other interesting finds:

John Carpenter's Vampires
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Best 10 Episode Collector's Edition
Dracula

I just picked up the T2 for $5.00.

I also saw something new... a display with double/triple features on one disc (and zero special features obviously).
Two good ones...
Waynes World 1 and 2 (both widescreen) for $10.
Beverly Hills Cop 1, 2, and 3 (all widescreen) for $15.
So basically they are $5 each.

I have seen Waynes World double pack in the $5.50 bin. Plus Air Force One wa sin the bin more than a year ago because that's where I bought it.

And the store near me started putting the $5.50 movies on selves, I'm curious to see how long that last.

The dump bin is going to $5 even in a couple weeks (the 26th, I believe). A lot of stuff is coming out, and a lot of new stuff is going in. I wish I could tell you what all was going away, or what's being added, but I have no idea. My advice is if there is something in there you've been debating(although at $5.50, if you haven't bought it, you probably won't), I'd go ahead an buy it. You can always get it price adjusted after they drop in price if you really want that 50 cents.

Just a heads up.

My Walmart's bump bin is now called the Value Bin anyway everything is 5 dollars. Here is what I remember them having.

Ninth Gate
All the Rambos
Going the Distance
The Running Man 2 Disc
Big Trouble in Little China 1 disc
Escape From New York 1 disc
Enemy Mine
The Beach
Stephen Kings Desperation
Stephen Kings Rose Red
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Agent Cody Banks
Agent Cody Banks 2
Confidence
Delta Force 2
Death Warrent
Cutthroat Island
Far From Home
The Doors Special Edition
Wicker Park
Return to Lonsome Dove
Tommy Knockers

Thats all I remember but there were a lot more. All of the the old movies were taken out and the new ones were grouped together. Pretty easy to look through.

[quote name='Kaijufan']The metal sleeve rips up the DVD case. I don't even know where my metal sleeve is anymore since it's not on my DVD.[/quote]

That it does. It doesn't tear that actual hard plastic case, but it does scuff up the edges of the plastic outside sleeve.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']That it does. It doesn't tear that actual hard plastic case, but it does scuff up the edges of the plastic outside sleeve.[/QUOTE]

God this brings back memories. Being able to watch a DVD in HD on the PC, but like others... the plastic got TOTALLY ripped up by the metal cover. It's too bad they didn't simply make that cover nicer... because it was an AWESOME idea.

I still haven't found "The 'Burbs" in any dump bins, even though some have said otherwise. Liars, I say!

I did find the Superbit eidtion of "Starship Troopers" though.

The only Superbit I ever found was Panic Room, but that was a long, long time ago. Also wanted to add that a few copies of Monty Python's Life of Brian (standard version) were floating around in the dump bin too.

I picked up Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Wild Bunch (2 DVD). They had some good stuff in there but I just had to watch out for getting the fullscreen rather than widescreen editions of some of the movies in the bin (like Syriana).

I just bought the Reservoir Dogs 10 Yr Anniv. 2 Disc, for $5.00 in the dump bin. I'm not sure if that's new to the bin or not.
Thats in Palm Bay, FL.

I found Adventures in Babysitting in the bin around Christmas...one of my favorite movies when I was younger. Hadn't seen it on DVD before then...but I did own it on VHS at one point.

Target usually has better movies than Wal-Mart in their $5 section, IMO. These days I'm too cheap to pay $5 for most DVDs though, especially after being spoiled by the combination of 3/$10 used DVDs at EB/GS in combination with the buy 2 get 1 free and the 10% off for Edge. I bought a couple hundred DVDs at $2.00 a pop, including a lot of out-of-print stuff. Drove around to 10 or 12 different stores around the city and found some great stuff. Bought some things to trade as well, and made out nicely on those trades, of course, considering my original investment.

More 5 dollar movies

Open Water
Hope Floats
Death to Supermodels
Dr. Dolittle
The Core
America Psycho (Uncut Killer Edition)
The Doors
The Score
The Perfect Score
Entrapment

[quote name='avalanchefan_1984']
[/quote]

hmm I thought they had gotten rid of this, i should look at another walmart.

i saw many copies of this and decided to get he-man instead since there was only one of that. now i see tons of He-man and no sky captain.. lol

Has anyone found Blood: The Last Vampire in their dump bins? A while ago, I asked a clerk what they did with the ten copies they had, and she said they went to the dump bin. I haven't been able to find one yet.

The one I went to still had the movies for $5.50.

They also had several copies of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I bought...
Galaxy Quest
Reservoir Dogs
Sideways

[quote name='tholly']mine had Escape From New York 2-Disc Collector's Edition w/ comic book in the bin and it rang up at $5.00[/QUOTE]

Mine too, that made my day! I almost bought 2 just for the hell of it. :)

Havent seen these posted

Mine had an actual display with:

The lost boys
The outsiders
and some more...

in the bins I picked up:
The doors (2 disc s.e.)
cable guy
running man (2 disc)
American psycho

Its nice to see some fresh blood in there... there were tons of new ones...

i went to walmart this morning after reading this thread...grabbed american pschyo*sp*, t2, lost boys, open water, the punisher *original ralph lundren*, and as soon as i picked up the punisher i saw almost every horrofest movie out.

i have seen alot of people in trading forums looking for em so i went up to make sure they were def 5$ the cashier told me anything they had under 20$ that was missing a slip cover was thrown in too from the back.

so i got dark ride, hamiltons, wicked lil things, unrest, and penny dreadful for 5$ a piece

[quote name='terrycloth']i went to walmart this morning after reading this thread...grabbed american pschyo*sp*, t2, lost boys, open water, the punisher *original ralph lundren*, and as soon as i picked up the punisher i saw almost every horrofest movie out.

i have seen alot of people in trading forums looking for em so i went up to make sure they were def 5$ the cashier told me anything they had under 20$ that was missing a slip cover was thrown in too from the back.

so i got dark ride, hamiltons, wicked lil things, unrest, and penny dreadful for 5$ a piece[/QUOTE]

What?

That's fucking ridiculous! You got a steal there. So, just because it didn't have a slip cover, they threw $14 DVDs into the $5 bin? Jesus. I thought the people at my store were idiots.

Congrats on that, though :p I doubt anyone else will get a deal like that.

I found the special edition (not limited one) of Total Recall here. I didn't buy it since I gotta get other things but I plan to later.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']I saw a Platium Wavebird at my Wal-Mart today for $19.86 should I pick it up?[/quote]

Wow! That's a $5 DVD now?!

Picked up American Psycho uncut edition for $5. I also saw some Transformers Engergon which I was tempted to pick up, then I remembered that the show sucked ass.

Someone over at DVD Talk claimed to find all of the Vista series dvd's (Tombstone, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Signs, The Villiage), but I think he might've been full of it since the 3 around me don't have them.

I'm going out to investigate this Vista Series rumor. Our Wal-Mart is currently losing a lot of stock, as our new Super Wal-Mart is set to open in about 5 days. I did see Clash Of The Titans (snapper) and A Sound of Thunder.

I have seen Sixth Sense in the bin a few months ago I think. I'm 99% certain I saw a copy of Unbreakable a few weeks ago. I didn't pick it up, I'm not a fan of that movie.

bread's done
Back