Some New Wal-Mart Dump Bin Finds (YMMV)

Illini Jeeper

CAGiversary!
I'll alphabetize these in a little while.

EDIT: The List So Far (As always YMMV)
Anchorman
Air Force One
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Austin Powers: Goldmember
A.I.
American Psycho (Uncut Killer Edition)
Anger Management (Full screen)
Adventures in Babysitting
Agent Cody Banks
Agent Cody Banks 2
Big Trouble In Little China
The Beach
Batteries Not Included
Confidence
Cutthroat Island
The Core
Clash of the Titans
Cabin Fever
The Cable Guy
Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola)
Dogma
Delta Force 2
Death Warrant
The Doors (2 disc)
Don't Tell Mom...The Babysitter's Dead
Death to Supermodels
Dr. Dolittle
Escape From New York (1 and 2 disc versions)
Enemy Mine
Entrapment
Enemy At the Gates
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Far From Home
Fly Away Home
Going the Distance
Galaxy Quest
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe- Best 10 Episode Collector's Edition
Hope Floats
Howard Stern's Private Parts
High Tension
John Carpenter's Vampires
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
My Cousin Vinny
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat: Anihilation
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Ninth Gate
Open Water
The Outsiders
One Hour Photo
The Perfect Score
The Pagemaster
The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)
The Quick and the Dead
All Rambo movies
The Running Man (2 disc)
Return to Lonesome Dove
Reservoir Dogs 10 Year Anniversary
Short Circuit
Stephen King's Desperation
Stephen King's Rose Red
Saturday Night Fever
Syriana (full screen)
Swordfish
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
The Score
Sideways (Full screen)
Sound of Thunder
Sum of All Fears
The Terminal (Full screen)
Terminator 2: Extreme Edition
Tommy Knockers
Total Recall (SE)
True Lies
Wicker Park
Wild Bunch (2 disc)
The Wedding Singer
You, Me, and Dupree

[quote name='projecteightysix']Someone over at DVD Talk claimed to find all of the Vista series dvd's (Tombstone, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Signs, The Villiage), but I think he might've been full of it since the 3 around me don't have them.[/quote]

So you think someone thats been a member of DVD Talk for the last 7 years is deliberately lying about this? And what incentive would he have for this? Trolls lie not people that been on the forums for 7 years.

You've checked 3 walmarts, walmart is the king of YMMV.

I have seen the 2 disc "Escape from New York Special Edition" in 2 Walmart discount bins in Richmond, VA -- they are slip cased with a gold-tone embossed cover, and I picked up one for $5.00. I was giddy.

Now if only I could find "Romeo + Juliet Special Edition" (dir. Baz Luhrman - sp?) for $5.00 -- it is being phased out for the Musical Edition. It was supposed to be on sale at Best Buy last week (it was in their ad), but they had deleted the SKU from the inventory, and smartly did not stock the new Musical Edition so people would not ask for it.

I grabbed High Tension Unrated and The Running Man 2-Disc set...along with Private Parts and Escape from New York-SE.

Picked up Cable Guy, A.I.: Artificial Intelligence and Enemy at the Gates. Here were some other good titles that I saw but already have/didn't get:

Anchorman
Sideways
The Doors: 2 Discs
You, Me, and Dupree
The Pagemaster
Short Circuit

These were found in Orange Park, Fl

Our new Super Wal-Mart has a new dump bin with a larger selection of stuff. Recently grabbed The Doors (2 disc SE), The Punisher (1980s version), My Cousin Vinny, and One Hour Photo for $5 a piece.

i was al wm this morning getting some new dvds...and there was a crazy amount of people hovering over the 5$ bins. when i asked the lady said they just started dumping theyre back inventory in there. i wasnt about to risk getting mauled by soccor moms and well people who have nothing better to do at 10am then bargain shop at walmart...like myself. so ill go back and see what they have later after work.

just giving a heads up i know wal mart is ymmv but incase theyre been a new line up of titles added recently. i know just from seeing the boxes she had behind the counter that she was dumping in i saw the village, underworld, some collection of the b horror titles like the tooth fairy and death row, and i thought it was little man from the cover but wasnt sure.

today i got

Freeway
Wonderland
Cutthroat Island

all had slip covers and were Lionsgate, so how could i pass them up at $5 a piece

wow....i hit reply once and my computer freaked out......SORRY!!!

[quote name='joker______']i got wonderland & catch me if u can,as well as sideways & the truman show[/quote]

Joker, quit posing as is you're intelligent enough to enjoy those movies.peo

I have seen people lampoon retards like yourself on message boards, and their posts are still somehow more intelligent than anything I've ever seen you type.

[quote name='Short Round']Joker, quit posing as is you're intelligent enough to enjoy those movies.peo

I have seen people lampoon retards like yourself on message boards, and their posts are still somehow more intelligent than anything I've ever seen you type.[/quote]

dude u make me laugh,ur like one these losers that thinks their hot stuff by starting sh*t w/ other ppl,dude do us a favor & shut the hell up or keep stuff 2 ur self,f'n moron

[quote name='joker______']dude u make me laugh,ur like one these losers that thinks their hot stuff by starting sh*t w/ other ppl,dude do us a favor & shut the hell up or keep stuff 2 ur self,f'n moron[/quote]

Thank you for proving my point.

I have noticed some title shortages starting.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is now gone from most stores in the Richmond area (I put off picking it up a little too long, and have missed it). Clash of the Titans is in some stores and not others. Someone at the Brook/Parham Walmart dumped some kind of oily slick chemical into the large bin holding many of the movies -- I think it was some of the floor polish they use late at night.

If anyone sees Stephen King's Rose Red or Desperation, could I send you some money via paypal or money order to pick them up for me? Or I can go look at mine for something that you don't have at yours and we can trade.

Send me a pm if anyone is willing to do this.

Hey last week I picked up at $5.00 each
First Blood(Rambo) Ultimate Edition
The Doors 2-disk set
Terminator 2

I wanted to get Rambo 2 Ultimate Edition, but I already have the special edition.

Does anyone know the difference between the Special Editions and the Ultimate Editions of the Rambo films?

I might go back and get Rambo 2 Ultimate Edition because I only have the disk of Rambo 2 Special Edition.

[quote name='D_Icon']Hey last week I picked up at $5.00 each
First Blood(Rambo) Ultimate Edition
The Doors 2-disk set
Terminator 2

I wanted to get Rambo 2 Ultimate Edition, but I already have the special edition.

Does anyone know the difference between the Special Editions and the Ultimate Editions of the Rambo films?

I might go back and get Rambo 2 Ultimate Edition because I only have the disk of Rambo 2 Special Edition.[/QUOTE]

I would keep the special edition, it has DTS audio and more features. The ultimate edition was just a cashin with less stuff and no DTS.

I think there's a better video transfer on the ultimate, but not by much from what i've read.

bread's done
Back