Some not-so-rare RPGs on Amazon!

[quote name='willardhaven']I ordered chronicles since it's the only one I don't have... How does 4 handle on the PS2? Does the fast load make it work like the SNES?[/QUOTE]

faster disc enabled does not make it like cart loading, you will still notice the load times.

Chrono Trigger has some new cool FMVs tho, I managed to play CT w/o being bothered by the load times

[quote name='adezero']i'm considering getting FF origins for 15, this game worth it?[/QUOTE]

I bought it for like $13 and havent cracked it open yet :( still working through Anthology

[quote name='adezero']i'm considering getting FF origins for 15, this game worth it?[/quote]

I bought it for $20 a couple years ago. The games suck IMO, but if you're into RPGs that focus on leveling up while lacking story and character development, go for it.

I'd also like to say that this topic inspired me to search the internet and hunt down a couple PS1 RPGs that I never got around to buying:

Vagrant Story - got it for $24.99 new GH, with $3.50 for shipping ($28.49)
Chrono Cross - just ordered it last night for $15.04 new GH, no tax or shipping costs!!!

Good deals IMO. Add those two RPGs to my collection of FF7, 8, 9, Tactics, Anthology, Chronicles, Origins, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean 2.

[quote name='plasmabeam']I'd also like to say that this topic inspired me to search the internet and hunt down a couple PS1 RPGs that I never got around to buying:

Chrono Cross - just ordered it last night for $15.04 new GH, no tax or shipping costs!!!

Good deals IMO. Add those two RPGs to my collection of FF7, 8, 9, Tactics, Anthology, Chronicles, Origins, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean 2.[/QUOTE]

Vagrant story is a great game, cant get enough but havent finished

[quote name='kevinmizzou']Chrono Cross is a sequel to Trigger, right? Do you need to play Trigger to understand Chrono Cross?[/QUOTE]

No

its a 'semi sequel' if it didnt have the name Cross in it you wouldnt even notice. The gameplay, characters, story are all different, although there are references to CT.

CT is far and away the better game, considered one of the best RPGs ever, CC had been debated, some love it, others find it not a 'true sequel' and a bit of a let down

[quote name='plasmabeam']I'd also like to say that this topic inspired me to search the internet and hunt down a couple PS1 RPGs that I never got around to buying:

Good deals IMO. Add those two RPGs to my collection of FF7, 8, 9, Tactics, Anthology, Chronicles, Origins, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean 2.[/quote]

Where the freak did you find Vagrant Story and CC brand new for those prices?

[quote name='icecubedx5']Where the freak did you find Vagrant Story and CC brand new for those prices?[/QUOTE]

weird I got VS cheap a few months back, now its $60 everwhere new... hoarders are out in full effect

CC is cheap everywhere, Buy.com has it
List Price: See Details $19.99
You Save: $5.00
Our Price: $14.99
Shipping: $4.40
Buy.com Total Price: $19.39
Qty
In Stock: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 business days.

Format:
Release Date: 8/16/2000
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Buy.com Sku: 50012857
Mor

bread's done
Back