Sony PSP $153 shipped

I'm crossing my fingers this is legit. I haven't gotten a cancellation notice yet...

psp.jpg

Those who ordered should ask about the warranty. I was about to get a Samsung HDTV online for $1300 when it's retailed at $1900, then I called them to make sure its not a refurb or anything. They said its brand new... but whenever you're paying less than the MSRP... you're forfiting the included warranty.

It seems like, since they upped the price bit by bit, the low price was intentional. To get alot of sales, and to do what you guys did here: Post it on a message board, and get alot of attention.

So they sold a few at $170, a few at$190, a few at $210....now it is back up to normal.

I can't wait to hear if you guys who got it cheap actually get it shipped to you, but I expect you will.

Congrats!

Got a call from them about an hour ago. I ordered mine for about $150 with the coupon, but, they said it was a misprice and the lowest amount they could offer it for is $219 (could't apply the coupon to that price). I asked them to cancel, since I already got one for free from Overstock.com around launch. I just wanted to order to see what would happen. Good luck with the rest of the orders.

Mine hasn't been cancelled yet. I even accidentally gave the wrong credit card brand (put Mastercard when it's a Visa), but they took it anyway. Maybe when it checks if the number is valid it realized it should be a Visa instead and automatically changed it to Visa. Total price: $152.95 including shipping. I'll let you know if it gets shipped. I don't think it will until tomorrow though, because of the holiday.

Damnit, they just called and told me it's $219 or nothing. She left a message, so I haven't decided on whether or not I want to cancel or take it for $219.

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']It seems like, since they upped the price bit by bit, the low price was intentional. To get alot of sales, and to do what you guys did here: Post it on a message board, and get alot of attention.

So they sold a few at $170, a few at$190, a few at $210....now it is back up to normal.

I can't wait to hear if you guys who got it cheap actually get it shipped to you, but I expect you will.

Congrats![/QUOTE]

nice guess but no...

[quote name='btw1217']Damnit, they just called and told me it's $219 or nothing. She left a message, so I haven't decided on whether or not I want to cancel or take it for $219.[/QUOTE]

$219 is a good price if you really want one. For me, i just wanted an uber deal! Obviously that isnt realistic. ;)

Because getting something for $153 is a whole lot less than $219. That's enough of a price difference to get me to bite atleast. Companies don't make much money on these systems. To sell it at $153 would be too huge a loss to be real.

[quote name='paramount']Because getting something for $153 is a whole lot less than $219. That's enough of a price difference to get me to bite atleast. Companies don't make much money on these systems. To sell it at $153 would be too huge a loss to be real.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, thats two extra games, really . I want a PSP, but want it at a really cheap price right now. At least untill a lot more games come out for it. but thats just me.

[quote name='buster90']How is it $153? Its $250 with 10% off.[/QUOTE]

It was orignally listed as $169 plus 10% off....then the price started to go up.

If you can stand a "hold" on your card, I'd advise those who really want it not to call back or answer the phone when they call and see what happens...maybe your order will "slip through". There's no way they can up-charge your card to $219 so no worries there. If they don't ship after a week, then contact them and cancel since obviously they're not going to honor the $15x.xx price.

a few people on slickdeals are saying that $153 (or whatever the orginal price was before the coupon) was a price mistake and they're only honoring the $219 price w/o the coupon.

[quote name='crazeman']a few people on slickdeals are saying that $153 (or whatever the orginal price was before the coupon) was a price mistake and they're only honoring the $219 price w/o the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're personally calling everyone who ordered it & offering it to them for $219. I got the call last night, but didn't answer.

They also charged my credit card, which I don't think is too cool.

[quote name='jaybird']Yeah, they're personally calling everyone who ordered it & offering it to them for $219. I got the call last night, but didn't answer.

They also charged my credit card, which I don't think is too cool.[/QUOTE]

But what amount did they charge?

[quote name='jaybird']Yeah, they're personally calling everyone who ordered it & offering it to them for $219. I got the call last night, but didn't answer.

They also charged my credit card, which I don't think is too cool.[/QUOTE]

Legally they can only charge you for the amount you paid. They can't change the price and then charge you the higher one. If they already charged you the $153, I would make a big ass deal about it and get it for that price. If they charged you a higher price, I would make an even bigger deal out of that and threaten law suit or BBB and try to get it at the lower price. :)

Honestly, id suggest to keep an eye on this guy http://user.auctions.yahoo.com/user/bowers_ricky

I bought a new psp off of him for $175, the psp works great, only took 2 days to receive. He has none for sale right now, but give him a couple days, im sure he'll come up with more. He also sells Nintendo DS's for $95.

Yes i know, its Yahoo Auctions, but he's got 29+ feedback, and accepts paypal. I got my item in 2 days and it was definately new (you can tell with PSP, cuz you have to set it up when you turn it on for the first time). SO i can definately vouch for this guy.

They charged me $154.96 (I paid $2 extra for quicker shipping) - not their "new" price of $219.

Apparently when they call, you can either:

(a): Agree to pay $219 for the PSP
(b): Cancel the order & they refund your card

I'm waiting around before I have them cancel the order to see what my legal options are. They don't have a disclaimer on their site about price mistakes, so I think they could be forced to honor the price - although the fight probably won't be worth the $ you save.

My guess -- their software probably raises the price automatically on items that get a ton of orders.

Otherwise, they would have just raised the price manually to $250 right away instead of doing those small increments.

The cynic in me imagines that this is a great scheme to get your website a lot of hits and attention:
1. price a high demand item way low.
2. wait for the "deal" to spread via forums like this one.
3. claim the price was a misprint.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!

If nothing else, a lot more people have now heard of the site.

[quote name='ringlord']My guess -- their software probably raises the price automatically on items that get a ton of orders.

Otherwise, they would have just raised the price manually to $250 right away instead of doing those small increments.

The cynic in me imagines that this is a great scheme to get your website a lot of hits and attention:
1. price a high demand item way low.
2. wait for the "deal" to spread via forums like this one.
3. claim the price was a misprint.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!

If nothing else, a lot more people have now heard of the site.[/QUOTE]

/.

I think it was clearly a mistake. This kind of scheme can only generate bad PR if you refuse to honor your pricing mistake. As far as being forced to honor the price, no they do not have to honor it. The price was not technically advertised, it was accidentally listed. I know that seems like splitting hairs but its the difference between intentional bait and switch and error. Should they honor the price? I would just because the only reason I know this place is because of this thread. If they honored the price, well I really will remember them well : )

Received this today:

Dear Valued Customers,

We do apologies for the inconvenience. We have attempted to call you in regards to your PSP system however, we were unable to reach you with the phone that you had provided in our system.

During the weekend, customers of Shop4tech were able to purchase the PSP system at three various prices. We, however, cannot offer our customers this item at the price you were able to purchase. Thus, we will cancel your order and credit back the amount in which you have paid for the PSP. Please respond if you have any question in regards to your order to [email protected].

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope that we can serve you better in the future.

Best Regards,
Cindy
Shop4Tech

[quote name='jaybird']Received this today:

Dear Valued Customers,

We do apologies for the inconvenience. We have attempted to call you in regards to your PSP system however, we were unable to reach you with the phone that you had provided in our system.

During the weekend, customers of Shop4tech were able to purchase the PSP system at three various prices. We, however, cannot offer our customers this item at the price you were able to purchase. Thus, we will cancel your order and credit back the amount in which you have paid for the PSP. Please respond if you have any question in regards to your order to [email protected].

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope that we can serve you better in the future.

Best Regards,
Cindy
Shop4Tech[/QUOTE]

They should at least have the courtesy to use proper english when cancelling your order.

no thanks, it is a bad gamble. but if you really want a deal on PSP just wait for a price drop instead of getting one from a shady fly by night site like this

The amount the did charge to my credit card saturday was refunded today, so no harm was done....It still was worth a shot imo. As long as you have a good credit card company.

bread's done
Back