SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

Kratos? That's not cool. :cool:

:lol: at people actually thinking it was the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. Seriously people, grow a brain.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']its not like namco has the tales ip.[/QUOTE]

sadly, there are those that will not understand your sarcasm, but I applaud you for it anyway :applause:

[quote name='Interstella 5555']ugh...if the Kratos rumor is true...then I'm afraid I'll lose some respect for the SC series.[/quote]
Star Wars characters, SoulCalibur Legends and SC3 didn't budge any of that respect for the series at all? Really?!

If they had no Star Wars character and instead just Kratos (God of War) for PS3 and (god forbid) Master Chief for 360 I wouldn't mind too much. but Star Wars characters, Famous Video Game characters, and a few characters that were added in at the last minute?!

C'mon!!! This does not feel like Soul Calibur!!! :whee:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']at least kratos makes more sense then star wars... even though I hate saying that.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']If they had no Star Wars character and instead just Kratos (God of War) for PS3 and (god forbid) Master Chief for 360 I wouldn't mind too much. but Star Wars characters, Famous Video Game characters, and a few characters that were added in at the last minute?!

C'mon!!! This does not feel like Soul Calibur!!! :whee:[/quote]

Agreed.

Namco neither confirms nor denies reports on Kratos in SCIV

PSU writes:

"Update: We have received word from Namco Bandai on the recent rumor, however as you'd expect, the PR department cannont comment or confirm the rumor.

"We don't comment on rumors or speculations," said Namco Bandai representative.

Nevertheless, stay tuned to PSU.com, as we will be posting our exclusive interview with Namco Bandai later this week which will provide all new details on Soul Calibur IV."

Hmm does that make the rumor seem more real, or more fake? hmmm

[quote name='infinitepez']The only Kratos that would make sense is the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. At least then it would be somewhat logical, since Lloyd from the same game appeared in SC Legends.[/QUOTE]

Lloyd was in that game? fuck, now I have to get it...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Won't his weapon give him an insane amount of range?[/QUOTE]

Expect him to play like Ivy: Can go both long range and close range. Unlike Ivy though he'd probably be a bulldog offense type of character.

Kratos is cool, but I can't imagine him working in SC.
If PS3 gets a crazy exclusive character, I have a feeling MS is gonna get
MASTER CHIEF :d
Get ready, its coming...
*cries*

Kratos for the win!

They need to rename this series to Sold Out!

First the announcement of Link, then there was... SPAWN!
Then the third one went PS2 only which dumbfounded the entire universe.
Now we have fucking Star Wars in Soul Calibur. WTF?

*does his best impression* SOLD OUT... FOUR!

Nice, I was already leaning towards PS3 (better controller for fighters imho, until I get a decent stick that is). My only hesitation is the hands on impressions saying the PS3 build is not quite as stable and that online wasn't as fluid, but that was a while ago...

[quote name='bardockkun']So if Sony gets Kratos...Can Microsoft get Ryu Hayabusa?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. Ryu is already in tecmo's DOA so i doubt it. Master chief is already in DOA also i think. My best guess would be marcus fenix from gears of war with a fucking chainsaw. But i would definitly want ryu hayabusa 100x more then anyone else.

I would personally want kaim or seth from lost odyssey if we cant get ryu.

b002.jpg

b003.jpg

[quote name='sleepy180']
I would personally want kaim or seth from lost odyssey if we cant get ryu.

[/quote]
Nice, completely forgot about Lost Odyssey. That probably would fit better though and much rather have that over Kratos anyday.

Something I'm not following here. Is Vader's Apprentice a 360 only character or is he on both versions? I think I read at Kotaku that he'd be 360 only.

If Kratos is in Soul Calibur 4, I think it'd be safe to say the PS3 version would be the better version. There's no first party Microsoft character that could match Kratos. Okay, Microsoft has Master Chief, but it wouldn't work. The only other possible Microsoft character would be Banjo and that wouldn't go over well at all.

Izuna in the Wii version!

Anyways, I expected something like this to happen, so I'm not really all that waaaah omg I hate sc even more now! Doesn't really matter to me, I'm going to buy it and have fun, and if its not tourny worthy or anything I'll just have to wait like 2 months for the next big fighting game.

I just wanna know how each version plays. I probably won't buy a stick, so right off the bat I'm taking a more serious look at the PS3 version.

I saw someone at another site suggest Banjoo using Kazooie as a sword and thought that was freaking great. Ya it wont move copies like Marcus or master cheif but come on a bear wielding a bird sword. Thats just too good.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']WTF was the point of that?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:[/quote]

He needs to be the xbox character.

That or a crazy Jay Allard.

Really? We're taking this seriously? Nobody remembers the "Dante will be in Soul Calibur III" rumors? Okay. You'd think if Kratos were in the game, he'd be on the box, but whatever.

*shrugs*

Anyone have this issue of EGM to confirm the rumor is even in there?

[quote name='trq']Really? We're taking this seriously? Nobody remembers the "Dante will be in Soul Calibur III" rumors? Okay. You'd think if Kratos were in the game, he'd be on the box, but whatever.

*shrugs*

Anyone have this issue of EGM to confirm the rumor is even in there?[/QUOTE]

Talking about it doesnt mean we are assuming its going to happan. I think alot of people here are like me, talking about it because its interesting and its been reported as a rumor. That doesnt mean we think its set in stone.

[quote name='trq']Really? We're taking this seriously? Nobody remembers the "Dante will be in Soul Calibur III" rumors? Okay. You'd think if Kratos were in the game, he'd be on the box, but whatever.

*shrugs*

Anyone have this issue of EGM to confirm the rumor is even in there?[/QUOTE]

Well its on the official 1up site (they own EGM or are partners or some shit)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168394

So i'm assuming its at least in the magazine for sure, although whether it's true or not is another story.

Well Kratos is a Sony character, and Ken Kuturagi is working with Namco Bandai for Sony, so perhaps they're working something out. Ninja Theory should pimp Nariko out to Soul Calibur IV as well.

[quote name='Thomas96']Well Kratos is a Sony character, and Ken Kuturagi is working with Namco Bandai for Sony, so perhaps they're working something out. Ninja Theory should pimp Nariko out to Soul Calibur IV as well.[/quote]
Basically same weapon as Kratos isn't it?

[quote name='bardockkun']Basically same weapon as Kratos isn't it?[/QUOTE]

only when the sword is in two blades, otherwise when the blades are interlocked, then its a totally different weapon.

I’m willing to bet that there will STILL be game play differences between both the 360 and PS3 versions just like there were between the Xbox and PS2 versions (not talking about console exclusive characters of course)… I mean actual game play elements and move properties. (ex. Ivy’s 4A+B) We’ll see soon.

Nice. I was planning on getting the PS3 version regardless, but it's still good to hear it won't suffer from shoddy PS3 port syndrome.

[quote name='metaly']Nice. I was planning on getting the PS3 version regardless, but it's still good to hear it won't suffer from shoddy PS3 port syndrome.[/quote]

Same. I'm extremely glad it will play the same. I want it on ps3 because of the controller. The 360 design is better for fps games compared to the design of the ps3 controller,but far as fighters I hate to use it.

bread's done
Back