Square Enix Online Store 72 Hr.Sale;Risen 2 SE $13.99, Deus Ex HR Augmented Ed $27.99

do i have to place separate orders for preorders?

I have final fantasy and tomb raider in my cart and when I checkout it says:
"There are pre-order item(s) in the cart. Shipment of the ordered items may be delayed until 3/5/2013 for TOMB RAIDER [XBOX]."

Does that mean it won't send my final fantasy 3ds until 3/5/2013 also?

You got me excited OP with the Tomb Raider pre-order price but the $6.75 shipping makes it more expensive than my Newegg preorder for $48.

Even with the shipping, that's a good price on Risen 2 Special Edition if you were wanting to pick it up.

i really hate buying from square enix website, how do you even check your order status or contact support?

also don't even think about buying a game that says out of stock.. i did that once with the world ends with you, after a month they still hadn't sent the item and they were impossible to contact to even to cancel the order.

Tempted to pre-order Tomb Raider for PC, since I'm really hyped about it, but I think I'd rather just wait a pay and couple dollars more to order from a store I'm familiar with, hopefully Amazon or Green Man Gaming will have a price close to that. Also, I really like having my video game library available for re-download from a select few places.

Still...maybe.

man this easily beats the greenmangaming prices on hitman and tomb raider on pc, im glad i didn't purchase those games! thanks OP!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If Square Enix continues with the trend on PC, they will be Steam codes. Hopefully they do but god damn Tomb Raider is tempting for $35.[/QUOTE]My GMG Hitman preorder is at $33.75. It's too early to prepay for Tomb Raider. Screw giving corporations interest free loans for months at a time.

[quote name='dashrendar']You got me excited OP with the Tomb Raider pre-order price but the $6.75 shipping makes it more expensive than my Newegg preorder for $48.[/QUOTE]
Ouch. Sticking with Newegg.

Orders over $100 get free shipping.

If anyone is getting Tomb Raider or Hitman I'd say to do it soon. In the press release email they said that the sale does not include pre-orders so this may be a mistake on their part.

I'm jumping on Tomb Raider and Hitman but need one more game to push it over that $100 free shipping mark. Between FF XIII-2 and Risen 2. Reviews make me lean towards FF.

EDIT: As I typed this, Tomb Raider and Hitman were taken off of the sale. Right before I could hit buy. Dag-nabbit!

Everyone go home. Nothing to see here.

i wonder if BB would price match for risen and if they even carry the special edition... because **** shipping.

Went with hitman, cheers op.
hitman

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i wonder if BB would price match for risen and if they even carry the special edition... because **** shipping.[/QUOTE]

From BestBuy.com it looks like they ONLY carry the limited edition but I would think it would take some sweet talking to get them to price match Square Enix's website.

i called them and their manager said "thats too big of a difference to price match" and I told them the policy doesn't state anything about how much a difference in price the item is, and they told me its manager discression.

I'm really confused. I ordered Tomb Raider PC and then cancelled my Amazon.com pre-order for it. I never received an email from the Square Enix store about buying the game, so I went back to the site. I now see the game is no longer on sale, and it is back in my shopping cart at full price. Is there any way to see/confirm that my order went through?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i really hate buying from square enix website, how do you even check your order status or contact support?

also don't even think about buying a game that says out of stock.. i did that once with the world ends with you, after a month they still hadn't sent the item and they were impossible to contact to even to cancel the order.[/QUOTE]
When was this? Because I'm thinking of ordering The World Ends With You, but it's out of stock...you never got your money back?

[quote name='TooPoor']A real "full size" tie?[/QUOTE]

Assuming this is the same red tie they had at E3 2011 and Comic Con 2012, I'm going to say yes. However the event promos were just plain red ties. I couldn't even find it saying Hitman anywhere on it.

Sidenote: Just got back from Best Buy to pre-order Halo 4 and they were unable to price match Risen 2. I doubt they would be able to, but just had to try.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Assuming this is the same red tie they had at E3 2011 and Comic Con 2012, I'm going to say yes. However the event promos were just plain red ties. I couldn't even find it saying Hitman anywhere on it.

Sidenote: Just got back from Best Buy to pre-order Halo 4 and they were unable to price match Risen 2. I doubt they would be able to, but just had to try.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, if it's just a plain tie, then it really isn't that cool:drool:

i got lucky at bb, a manager who deals with me a lot and overrided the free deadliest warrior last time gave me the $14 price for risen 2. gotta love when things work out in the end. this is totally ymmv due to it being $60 at bb.

[quote name='ithebigc']When was this? Because I'm thinking of ordering The World Ends With You, but it's out of stock...you never got your money back?[/QUOTE]

This was 3-4 months ago. The problem isn't that I didn't get my money back.. it's that it was impossible to cancel the item and after 2 months they still hadn't shipped it yet. I wanted to buy it somewhere else but I couldn't because if they ever did ship it then I would have 2 games.

It took lots of emails and frustration to finally be able to cancel the order. I would save yourself the problem and just avoid buying anything that says out of stock..

but honestly the world ends with you was not out of stock when I bought it.. their inventory does not update immediately.

[quote name='Necrotron']Tempted to pre-order Tomb Raider for PC, since I'm really hyped about it, but I think I'd rather just wait a pay and couple dollars more to order from a store I'm familiar with, hopefully Amazon or Green Man Gaming will have a price close to that. Also, I really like having my video game library available for re-download from a select few places.

Still...maybe.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I woke up the next morning and the deal was gone. I should have bought it, but oh well, I'll get it for something close sometime before it releases.

bread's done
Back