Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

Hm... I'm up for it if you guys ever need someone. Send me a FR at Joementum 314. I'm not that bad, but still have a long ways to go =P.

Anyone up for fucking around and trying to do Day9's funday monday? For those of you that don't know, Day9 usually gives his viewers these challenges to complete. This past monday's was play an FFA and kill your opponents in Alphabetical order. It was quite a ridiculous task if you ask me. You could defend, but other than that, you weren't allowed to attack anyone unless it was the first person in alphabetical order.

This upcoming Monday's challenge is play a 4v4 where you can only build one unit and you have to announce the unit publicly right off the bat.

[quote name='DarkRider23']This upcoming Monday's challenge is play a 4v4 where you can only build one unit and you have to announce the unit publicly right off the bat.[/QUOTE]

Again? He's done that before except the requirement was either 3v3 or 4v4. now it's just 4v4?

[quote name='kilm']Again? He's done that before except the requirement was either 3v3 or 4v4. now it's just 4v4?[/QUOTE]

I was told it's just 4v4. I haven't watched any of his shows this week so far. But yeah, he's doing it again. I found the last one kind of interesting. I've been dying to try either all Infestors or all Ghosts.

I've noticed more and more people using carriers lately. Its shocking how good they are, but was underused because pre-nerf voidrays was a better bang for its buck.I caught a guy carrier rushing, and engaged 1 carrier with about 7 mutas, and still lost the battle. We still ended up winning by dominating his teammates.

[quote name='KhaosX']I've noticed more and more people using carriers lately. Its shocking how good they are, but was underused because pre-nerf voidrays was a better bang for its buck.I caught a guy carrier rushing, and engaged 1 carrier with about 7 mutas, and still lost the battle. We still ended up winning by dominating his teammates.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think Day9 is ruining the metagame :lol:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I honestly think Day9 is ruining the metagame :lol:[/QUOTE]

Its been a while since I've followed any of the casters. Did he do something to invoke carrier rushing? I know I can blame the the recent surge of zerg players and their hard-ons for fruitdealer's recent victory.

[quote name='KhaosX']Its been a while since I've followed any of the casters. Did he do something to invoke carrier rushing? I know I can blame the the recent surge of zerg players and their hard-ons for fruitdealer's recent victory.[/QUOTE]

He's the guy who's been doing the weekly challenges for "Funday Monday", like that "Name the one unit you'll make" challenge. One of them was no expanding 'till a carrier is being built.

[quote name='KhaosX']Its been a while since I've followed any of the casters. Did he do something to invoke carrier rushing? I know I can blame the the recent surge of zerg players and their hard-ons for fruitdealer's recent victory.[/QUOTE]

You can also blame the buff to roaches. Zerg was already easy to play as and with the Roach buff, it's even easier to play as.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']He's the guy who's been doing the weekly challenges for "Funday Monday", like that "Name the one unit you'll make" challenge. One of them was no expanding 'till a carrier is being built.[/QUOTE]

His Newbie Tuesdays aren't that bad either. Some pretty interesting stuff. Friendsday Wednesdays are good, sometimes.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Zerg was already easy to play as[/quote]
haha what?
zerg was super hard
pooping creep, larva timing, spreading creep tumors took an insane amount of multitasking
on the other hand zerg had the least interesting units. except for infestors it was always a-move

screw this "depot before barracks" crap though. i guess we're all doing 10 supply 12 rax now

Zerg are the most difficult race to play well, even if the units are mostly easy to use; really that is only fair because of the insane economic focus a zerg has to have to be viable against more effective, often cheaper terran and protoss units.

Speaking as someone who plays all three races about equally (I always random), zerg are NOT easymode.

That depends, I'd say that the zerg definitely have the easiest early game. There is always the zerg rush, cheapest damn move in the game.

[quote name='kainzero']haha what?
zerg was super hard
pooping creep, larva timing, spreading creep tumors took an insane amount of multitasking
on the other hand zerg had the least interesting units. except for infestors it was always a-move

screw this "depot before barracks" crap though. i guess we're all doing 10 supply 12 rax now[/QUOTE]

I probably should have clarified what I meant a bit. Zerg is the easiest race to play as late game :p. At least, I think it is. Retraining your army after you and your opponent got in a huge battle and lost everything is just way too easy if you've banked resources. At least, that's what I think. I'm probably best as Toss judging from a couple of games I played the other day, but I really don't like playing as them. Zerg is definitely my favorite to play as.

@Clak - I hate Zerg early game =/. I'm not into the whole Ling rush thing and having to defend against Pylon containment and bunker containment cheese is just annoying. Those are probably the 2 most annoying things to defend against.

[quote name='kilm']Artosis, Tasteless, and Day9 are shoutcasting some matches on the Blizzcon stream[/QUOTE]

I've never actually bothered with any of the SC2 streams.. I'm curious enough to want to check them out now, though; Would you have any links?

[quote name='BattleChicken']I've never actually bothered with any of the SC2 streams.. I'm curious enough to want to check them out now, though; Would you have any links?[/QUOTE]

You have a few options, you can go directly to the Blizzcon website and actually buy the stream (the legit option), or you can probably google something like "2010 blizzcon stream" and there are random livestreamers streaming the feed... which is... not so legit (and i don't know what the CAG policy is about this type of stuff, so I'll err on the side of caution and not post a link =/ )

[quote name='kilm']Artosis, Tasteless, and Day9 are shoutcasting some matches on the Blizzcon stream[/QUOTE]
Including Boxer Vs Fruitdealer.

Oh, mai.

geebus... more than half the games I played yesterday were double zerg against me and my friend, all of them 6 pooled.

A quarter of the other games were zerg terran, with a 10 pool + proxy marines. So boring...

[quote name='The Crotch']Including Boxer Vs Fruitdealer.

Oh, mai.[/QUOTE]

those games were pretty intense, but the stream failed (2nd game).

Still not operational, and I'm sitting in a tiny office combating the evils of misappropriated wifi. But I am using the time wisely by watching whatever DVDs I've brought. Hey clients - keep on not calling me!

The only opportunity I'm missing out on is that I found a corn dog in the freezer yesterday and ate it. Which means, no corn dog tonight.

So whoever brought it here, I hope they bring more. And then I will steal them again.

DRUNKEN PSI STORM OPPORTUNITY ALSO MISSED.

EDIT: I predict at least 70% of all Psi Storm-based damage would land on my own zealots. And I might graviton my own immortals once or twice.

I'm dying to play some games against live opponents, playing against the AI is only fun for so long. Especially when your team mate won't stop completely walling your shared base in, preventing you from attacking. Some people are just too defense focused.

Megaton can lead to some crazy games though.

If any of you guys want a 1vs1 practice partner or a multi player partner just send me a message, Dre#973. I am on usually around 8pm EST or later. Since I have decided to learn Zerg my W/L ratio has taken a nose dive, so I could use the pracitice.

Big sorry to Roses. I saw that you messaged me, but I was in a 1vs1. Then a RL friend wanted to 2vs2. I will be on tonight after 9pm est if you want to 1vs1 practice or any other night. Add me as a friend.

I'll try to get on this evening. I will likely have some late-night maintenance to do, so between work and BattleChicken Jr. The absolute earliest I'll be able to get on will be 10 pm central (most likely).

[quote name='The Crotch']Starcraft tonightish?

Also, holyshitsnowishersnowisheresnowisherewheeee.[/QUOTE]
You get snow and we're getting fucking tornadoes.:bomb:

[quote name='The Crotch']Starcraft tonightish?

Also, holyshitsnowishersnowisheresnowisherewheeee.[/QUOTE]

I'm in, be on after I finish dinner.

~HotShotX

Thanks for playing 2v2 clack. Again don't worry, I made a lot of mistakes too in that match.

Fun games hotshot and crotch. I'll try to be more awake next time...and remember, no such thing as medivac+DT drop!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']THERE IS IF YOU'RE A ZERG AND YOU USE PARASITE.penis[/QUOTE]

!!!!!

*Drops DT 10ft. away*

GG Bob Dole!! I dunno, i'm tired leave me alone!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how many points you need to be in Diamond 4s? I'm at around 875 give or take rank one as of last night after a 3 hour spree of playing.

bread's done
Back