STEAM - 50-10% OFF games, ORANGE BOX $37.45

vipercrome

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, I don't know if you guys noticed, but everyone with a STEAM account who doesn't own ORANGE BOX, should give this a TRY, $37.45. BTW, there are more games in sale because everything is 10% to 50% off!

BTW, sale ends JANUARY 1st....

[quote name='LiK']do they sell TF2 by itself and how much for the sale price?[/QUOTE]

I absolutely do not mean to be rude or unhelpful or anything here, but seriously, you should try giving this thing a whirl sometime:

searchsteam2tv4.jpg

Howcome they're retailing Bioshock at $54.95 and CoD4 at $69.95? I swear it wasn't priced like that yesterday, or do my eyes deceive me.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Oh haha, wow, I thought I was the only person who really latched onto the "YARP" line. Awesome. :)[/QUOTE]

lol I've been waiting awhile to use it, biding my time if you will. :D Not everyone "gets it". >_<

[quote name='Run4Fun']Thanks OP! I snagged Dreamfall + The Longest Journey pak for $22.45, as well as Psychonauts.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good deal, $22.45 for those two games. Hmm, I might have to bite, I doubt I'll ever see either of those at Big Lots.

EDIT\ Bit. Around $11 a piece for two games I've really wanted to play is too good to pass up!

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I absolutely do not mean to be rude or unhelpful or anything here, but seriously, you should try giving this thing a whirl sometime:

searchsteam2tv4.jpg
[/quote]

i would if i was not at work. thanks for that amazing screenshot. it was rude and unhelpful, you win :roll:

[quote name='LiK']i would if i was not at work. thanks for that amazing screenshot. it was rude and unhelpful, you win :roll:[/quote]

26.95 vs 29.95. Orange box is 37.45 for comparison. And although he may not of been completely clear, i think he was simply trying to notify you that you can use their website to search, unless thats blocked.

[quote name='qwerty1']26.95 vs 29.95. Orange box is 37.45 for comparison. And although he may not of been completely clear, i think he was simply trying to notify you that you can use their website to search, unless thats blocked.[/quote]

thank you! and yes, most sites at work are blocked which is why i asked.

Wow, this sucks. Steam won't let me purchase Sin Episodes at all. It keeps complaining that my PayPal account -and- my PayPal debit card are invalid.

Well, tell that to eBay and the hundreds of people I've bought from and sold items to! Ugh...

If anyone wants to help, I'll gladly reimburse the price via PayPal for whoever purchases that as a "gift" for me.

Edit:
I managed to find someone that would purchase the game as a gift for me (after I paid him the money it cost)... and I can't get SiN to work right. I keep getting sound issues when I boot up the game (the videos do not work) and to top it off, there was supposed to be a major update for the game over a year ago, but it got canned because Ritual went under.

Bloody hell. I just wasted seven bucks for nothing. >_

Hmmm, Im sooooo tempted to grab bioshock, but I need a graphics card to play it. I have been putting off buying one for a long time.

I got Trackmania United for full the day before the sale went up in the first place...so I got Peggle (darn you Zero Punctuation/Orange Box!) and I'm thinking about the Civ 4 complete thing.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I keep getting sound issues when I boot up the game (the videos do not work) and to top it off, there was supposed to be a major update for the game over a year ago, but it got canned because Ritual went under.

Bloody hell. I just wasted seven bucks for nothing. >_

[quote name='aoko']Hmmm, Im sooooo tempted to grab bioshock, but I need a graphics card to play it. I have been putting off buying one for a long time.[/QUOTE]

What card do you have now? I tried the demo a while back, and even with the lowly 8600GT it looked better than the 360 version.

This is good because you dont have boxes lying around and the Cd's dont get scratched and you never can lose these games you have them forever till let's say Steam ever get's shut down. Digital stuff rules.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What card do you have now? I tried the demo a while back, and even with the lowly 8600GT it looked better than the 360 version.[/quote]
Worse than that, I have been limping by on a integrated ATI Express 200, I have a PCI-E slot on the motherboard that I can use but havent got around to spending the money ot get anything else.

I have decided anyway to NOT get bioshock, its looks like a great game but after researching it, I found out that it includes SecuROM, even in the steam version. So I am not going to pay to have that junk installed on my computer. I will just have to wait and play it elsewhere, probebly on a 360.

[quote name='qwerty1']Make sure you arent forcing any EAX EQ presets outside of the game, if you are disable them. For example if you have a audigy card, make sure you're not forcing a setting in advanced EQ in your Creative Audio Console (listed under the EAX tab). I have many dead sound issues in games due to this since i use the Rock EQ for music all the time. Been happening since OpenAL adoption skyrocketed. Anyway just something for you to check.[/quote]
I don't have anything changed, everything's on default. I haven't touched the Creative panel since I installed my sound card (an Audigy 4 SE) - I didn't even know there was one!

Anyway, the EAX setting had (No Effects) selected, so that shouldn't be causing any problem... right?

[quote name='lowenbotten']The thing I don't like about Steam is you can't sell a game if you no longer want it. You're stuck with it.[/quote]
Tell me about it. I bought Orange Box... and don't want Team Fortress 2. Or 1. Or CounterStrike. I wish Steam would let me trade the games with other users, but that'll never happen. :p

I dunno if this is thread worthy or not. I almost posted its own thread but decided to add it here.

This has probably been posted already but thought I'd mention it for anyone who doesn't have any of the valve games. Buy this.

Items included:

Name Metascore® Price

Counter-Strike
Valve 88 $9.95
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Valve 65 $9.95
Counter-Strike: Source
Valve 88 $19.95
Day of Defeat
Valve 79 $9.95
Day of Defeat: Source
Valve 80 $9.95
Deathmatch Classic
Valve -- $9.95
Half-Life
Valve 96 $9.95
Half-Life 2
Valve 96 $29.95
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Valve -- $9.95
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Valve 87 $19.95
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Valve 90 $29.95
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Valve -- --
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Valve -- --
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Gearbox Software 71 $9.95
Half-Life: Source
Valve -- $9.95
Opposing Force
Gearbox Software -- $9.95
Peggle Extreme
PopCap Games, Inc. -- Third-party
Portal
Valve 90 $19.95
Ricochet
Valve -- $9.95
Team Fortress 2
Valve 93 $29.95
Team Fortress Classic
Valve -- $9.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Individual price $269.10
Package price $99.95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiday Discount - $25.00

Cost to you $74.95

You save $194.15!

$74.95

[quote name='aoko']Worse than that, I have been limping by on a integrated ATI Express 200, I have a PCI-E slot on the motherboard that I can use but havent got around to spending the money ot get anything else.[/quote]

That's great it's got a PCIe slot! Should at least give you some real upgrades options when you want to.

I have decided anyway to NOT get bioshock, its looks like a great game but after researching it, I found out that it includes SecuROM, even in the steam version.

Are you sure? I thought Steam games only use Steam for DRM? I'm not crazy about Steam (since what happens if that service goes away?) but at least it's better than only being able to install 5 times with the retail SecuROM version!

So I am not going to pay to have that junk installed on my computer. I will just have to wait and play it elsewhere, probebly on a 360.

Yeah, I bought the 360 version because of the DRM on the PC versions and am playing it right now. It should be hitting the PS3 next year too. The 360 version doesn't look as good as the PC version on an 8600GT, but it still looks great, and it really is an incredible game. I'm a huge fan of System Shock 2 (and Deus Ex) and it really is in that vein. Only game I've played so far this year that hasn't had a single dull moment yet. I also haven't gotten to bed before 3am since I started :D (Of course I'm off work right now, but still!)

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Are you sure? I thought Steam games only use Steam for DRM? I'm not crazy about Steam (since what happens if that service goes away?) but at least it's better than only being able to install 5 times with the retail SecuROM version!
[/quote]
Yep, its on the product discription page for bioshock
"Note: Contains SecuROM copy control software. Installations limited to five PCs per license"
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=7670&cc=US

I used to not like the concept of Steam, but it has grown on me, I got to play portal the day it was released without having to go to a store (no car at college).

As for the graphics card, Im looking at a x1950PRO.

This is lame. They advertised the sale as lasting through Jan 1 yet the sale prices are gone. Usually when you advertise a sale as lasting through a certain date, it will continue on that date and not end the day before. Very dumb.

[quote name='Over easy']The pop up from Steam did say it'll end on 10 AM PST today.[/quote]

Yeah I just saw the popup. That's still very lame to end the sale at such an odd hour. I've never bought from Steam before and I doubt I will now.

I ended up getting Psychonauts, based on a few reviews and suggestions from fellow gamers...I only hope I don't regret my purchase.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I ended up getting Psychonauts, based on a few reviews and suggestions from fellow gamers...I only hope I don't regret my purchase.[/QUOTE]

I played through it on the Playstation 2, and it's pretty fun. It's available on Gametap though, so...

[quote name='aoko']Yep, its on the product discription page for bioshock
"Note: Contains SecuROM copy control software. Installations limited to five PCs per license"
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=7670&cc=US
[/QUOTE]

That is *INSANELY* lame. So you've got Steam DRM, *AND* SecuROM!?!?!

Thanks for pointing that out. Well now I'm really glad I just bought the console version. The aiming and graphics may not be as good, but I'll take a downgrade in those for the ability to actually OWN MY OWN GAME. :bomb:

The only other game I knew of like that was Lost Planet, which actually *requires* you to be logged in to Steam the whole time!

I wish Valve would enforce a single DRM scheme across Steam. Force companies to use the regular DRM that supports offline mode with no other DRM.

It may get to the point that the only thing I use my PC for is Gametap...thanks to this asinine DRM.

bread's done
Back