Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Do they do actual giveaways anymore?  I've unsubbed from their newsletter a long time ago and I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in a long time.

Do they do actual giveaways anymore? I've unsubbed from their newsletter a long time ago and I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in a long time.
They're always featured in WGN dailies for giving away free mounts in F2P MMOs and DRM-free high school tech class games and other useless shit. I actually never received scam phone calls until I signed up for a free game from them with Google auto-fill using my real number, now I receive them quite often. And look at all the ads on their site, they're complete trash. I'm fairly certain they sell people's information. Asshat needs to leave the internet with his scams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh...you mean this? http://alersteam.com/blog/en/

So you have to register a Wordpress account with them, then go to the English version of the page and click "Activate key" and hope that your key works (I have two and neither worked). Then you get to access their super sekrit forum where you will find your key. Make sure you get out your secret decoder rings and Navajo Code Talkers just in case they're even more of a pain in the ass.

:speaktothehand: :speaktothehand: :speaktothehand: Shitty devs make it too hard to get keys for their games.

EDIT: Oh their website doesn't work because "it got hacked" like all those other people who don't want to give games away to people who bought them in bundles. He better make sure he revokes the keys that were given out, just to make sure...
Who the fuck is going to hack a website that 99.99% of the people on earth didn't know existed.

Who the fuck is going to hack a website that 99.99% of the people on earth didn't know existed.
45291_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

new BoI DLC! great, i was wondering what to do with my next 500+ hours of gaming time.
If you're too lazy to manually delete your old save files and lose your previous 500+ hours of progress, just download the latest patch and fire up the game, because apparently it will do it for you. Seriously, if you've installed AB+ don't start your game right now.

I love BoI but after putting a lot of time into Afterbirth and doing quite a few playthroughs of the new expansion, I find myself just yearning for vanilla Rebirth. It's always fun to see the new stuff but I think the core gameplay is actually getting worse with each add-on.

edit: reread it and realized gamepump annual fee is $20 marked down from $60

I think I might bite...

Free demo steam key:

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1357922/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/disgaea-2-pc-exclusive-demo-key-giveaway

Steamspy says that Steam's revenue was flat in 2016 despite a bunch more game releases over 2015.

Probably time to panic: :whee:

I blame their terrible sales in 2015 and 2016
And this is how much Valve Earned between 2011-2014:

Valve’s revenue and net income worldwide is also massive. The approximate net income (ie income after expenses), in United States dollars, derived by Valve from all sources between 2011 and August 2014 (very roughly approximated by dividing the income for 2014 in half) is around [SUPPRESSED]. The massive net income of Valve worldwide is a relevant factor, but it is also relevant that the contravening conduct all incurred in Australia where its net income was much smaller. Approximate net income, calculated on the same basis arising from purchases by Australian subscribers between 2011 and August 2014 is around [SUPPRESSED].

Revenue being flat means nothing without context. Valve could have made 100mil in profit in 2015 and 150mil in profit in 2016 but revenue could have stayed the same.
They could have but, unless they drastically changed the way they take a percentage, that seems unlikely.

Speaking purely of Steam selling games, of course. For all I know, they made a million thousand dollars in .jpg sales over 2015.

PSA:  For the Trails in the Sky key, you have to go to the bundle in the purchases section and pick either steam or drm free version.  Had to look it up since it didn't show up in my keys section.

Did anyone else sign up for Gamepump? https://www.gamepump.com/ - Today is supposed to be the day that we receive our first game and so far I haven't heard anything at all. I never even received a confirmation e-mail when I bought this back in November. Just curious if anyone else has received anything from them.

bread's done
Back