Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
i do think if a game is kick started (like phoenix point) it's some bs to make it exclusive to epic
yea being a backer of PP it definitely pissed me off a bit and soured me on the devs. At least after a couple hours and seeing the backlash they backtracked to at least say that once the exclusivity is up all backers would then still get steam/gog keys on top of the epic keys, but they may have been treading into bad legal territory without doing that.

They did also state that epic had thrown enough money at them that even if every backer refunded, they would still not have to worry about it, and they got backed to 800k+. I think Id be more pissed if I was one of the fig.co investors though. Their backing was through fig which gives you the option to become an investor and earn dividends on every sale, so now it's quite possible that they could be getting a smaller return because the devs went with a lesser known storefront all to get more cash up front from that store of which the investors will see nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a game like Borderlands benefits from having a launcher with a big built-in base of players and community/friend features.

I get that there's Discord and other stuff now, but there are other things that aren't really replicated by other services, and certainly not by Epic, such as cloud saves, achievements, and Gaben bucks.
Don't care about community/friend features, or achievements. Cloud saves do matter though. Im mostly a solo player.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pi Day pizza deals

Here are the deals available at participating locations Thursday unless otherwise noted. To be on the safe side, always check with your closest location before heading out. Also, some will require you to have a restaurant's app or be signed up for emails.

&Pizza: The company, which calls itself "an anti-establishment establishment," is holding weddings at four of its locations Thursday for selected couples and is offering a discount through Uber Eats Wednesday through Sunday. With promo code PIDAY19, get $3.14 off all &pizza and Uber Eats deliveries.

7-Eleven: With the 7Rewards app, get one slice of pizza for 50 cents. Or buy a whole pie in-store and get 314 7Rewards bonus points. With 7NOW, the convenience store chain's delivery service, get up to two whole pizzas for $3.14 each. 

Bertucci’s: Buy any large pizza and get a second pizza for $3.14 with code PIDAY. The chain says this deal “is available at all locations for lunch and dinner, and through all ordering platforms.”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse: Get a mini one-topping pizza for $3.14 Thursday. Dine-in only. Learn more at www.bjsrestaurants.com/piday.

Blaze Pizza: The chain’s smartphone app is needed to get the $3.14 Pi Day deal Thursday on custom pizzas. One per order and in-restaurant only.

Cicis: Buy one adult buffet and large drink Thursday and get a second adult buffet for $3.14 with a coupon.

Domino’s: Not specific for Pi Day but through April 28, Domino’s is giving Piece of the Pie Rewards members an easy way to earn points that can redeemed for a free Domino's pizza – no matter what brand's pizza they buy. The latest version of Domino’s mobile app is needed to "to scan a pizza or an eligible image of a pizza.” Learn more at www.pointsforpies.com.

Fired Pie: From 2 p.m. to close Thursday, get any one-topping pizza for $3.14 with purchase of a drink. Limit one per person and not valid on third-party delivery services.

Fresh Brothers: Get any personal pizza for $3.14 Thursday for pick up, dine-in and delivery with promo code PIDAY on Thursday, March 14. Not valid with third-party services.

Hungry Howie's: Through Thursday, with the purchase of any Howie Bread at regular menu price, get a medium one-topping pizza for $3.14 with promo code 19PI. Carry out orders only. Florida locations are not participating in this promotion.

Jet's PizzaBuy a large pizza at regular price Thursday and get a medium one-topping round pizza for $3.14 with code 314. While supplies last.

Mountain Mike’s Pizza: Get $5 off any Mountain-sized pizza with code 079984, or $3 off any large pizza Thursday with promo code 317445.

Pie Five Pizza: Get any 11-inch Signature Pizza for $3.14 Thursday. Limit one pizza per person and in-store only. No topping modifications allowed and there will be an additional charge for cauliflower crust, gluten-free crust and vegan cheese.

Pieology: Buy one Artisan Thin Pizza, get a second for $3.14 Thursday. Plus, Pie Life Rewards members making a purchase on Pi Day will get $2 off their next order. The chain also is holding the "Perfect Pieology Pull” cheese-pull contest. “Customers simply visit the nearest Pieology, roll up their sleeves, start pulling, and documenting their best efforts," the company said in a statement. "After submitting their photo or video posts on Instagram using the hashtag, #perfectpieologypull, the public will vote on the top five entries and the best ‘pull’ will be named champion and receive a $50 Pieology gift card.” Enter by midnight Thursday.

Pizza Inn: New and existing reward members get a Chocolate Chip Pizzert for $3.14 Thursday. The rewards app is available at www.pizzainn.com/rewards.

Rotolo’s Pizzeria: Get one-topping eight-inch pizzas for $3.14 Thursday for dine-in only at participating locations. Gulf Coast stores in Alabama are not included.

Slice:mobile app that works with more than 10,000 pizzerias is offering $7 off pizza orders Thursday for new users with promo code LOCALPI7. This is for credit card orders and only on a user's first order with the app. “Minimum order total after deductions and promotions must be $15.50,” the offer's fine print states. Download the app at www.slicelife.com.

Villa Italian Kitchen: Get full-size Neapolitan Cheese Pizzas for $3.14 Thursday with a coupon. Sign up for the coupon at www.villaitaliankitchen.com/piday.

Your Pie: The fast-casual pizza brand will have $3.14 pizzas at participating locations. In-store only, while supplies last. Additional pizzas or menu items may be purchased at full price. Stores also will offer games, bounce-back deals, prizes and giveaways throughout the day. Learn more at www.yourpie.com/pieday.

Not listed there but apparently you can get a 10" one-topping pizza from Domino's for $3.14 as well.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12921097-pi-day-offer-dominos-10-1-topping-pizza-for-3-14?v=1

Pi Day pizza deals

Here are the deals available at participating locations Thursday unless otherwise noted. To be on the safe side, always check with your closest location before heading out. Also, some will require you to have a restaurant's app or be signed up for emails.

&Pizza: The company, which calls itself "an anti-establishment establishment," is holding weddings at four of its locations Thursday for selected couples and is offering a discount through Uber Eats Wednesday through Sunday. With promo code PIDAY19, get $3.14 off all &pizza and Uber Eats deliveries.

7-Eleven: With the 7Rewards app, get one slice of pizza for 50 cents. Or buy a whole pie in-store and get 314 7Rewards bonus points. With 7NOW, the convenience store chain's delivery service, get up to two whole pizzas for $3.14 each.

Bertucci’s: Buy any large pizza and get a second pizza for $3.14 with code PIDAY. The chain says this deal “is available at all locations for lunch and dinner, and through all ordering platforms.”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse: Get a mini one-topping pizza for $3.14 Thursday. Dine-in only. Learn more at www.bjsrestaurants.com/piday.

Blaze Pizza: The chain’s smartphone app is needed to get the $3.14 Pi Day deal Thursday on custom pizzas. One per order and in-restaurant only.

Cicis: Buy one adult buffet and large drink Thursday and get a second adult buffet for $3.14 with a coupon.

Domino’s: Not specific for Pi Day but through April 28, Domino’s is giving Piece of the Pie Rewards members an easy way to earn points that can redeemed for a free Domino's pizza – no matter what brand's pizza they buy. The latest version of Domino’s mobile app is needed to "to scan a pizza or an eligible image of a pizza.” Learn more at www.pointsforpies.com.

Fired Pie: From 2 p.m. to close Thursday, get any one-topping pizza for $3.14 with purchase of a drink. Limit one per person and not valid on third-party delivery services.

Fresh Brothers: Get any personal pizza for $3.14 Thursday for pick up, dine-in and delivery with promo code PIDAY on Thursday, March 14. Not valid with third-party services.

Hungry Howie's: Through Thursday, with the purchase of any Howie Bread at regular menu price, get a medium one-topping pizza for $3.14 with promo code 19PI. Carry out orders only. Florida locations are not participating in this promotion.

Jet's Pizza: Buy a large pizza at regular price Thursday and get a medium one-topping round pizza for $3.14 with code 314. While supplies last.

Mountain Mike’s Pizza: Get $5 off any Mountain-sized pizza with code 079984, or $3 off any large pizza Thursday with promo code 317445.

Pie Five Pizza: Get any 11-inch Signature Pizza for $3.14 Thursday. Limit one pizza per person and in-store only. No topping modifications allowed and there will be an additional charge for cauliflower crust, gluten-free crust and vegan cheese.

Pieology: Buy one Artisan Thin Pizza, get a second for $3.14 Thursday. Plus, Pie Life Rewards members making a purchase on Pi Day will get $2 off their next order. The chain also is holding the "Perfect Pieology Pull” cheese-pull contest. “Customers simply visit the nearest Pieology, roll up their sleeves, start pulling, and documenting their best efforts," the company said in a statement. "After submitting their photo or video posts on Instagram using the hashtag, #perfectpieologypull, the public will vote on the top five entries and the best ‘pull’ will be named champion and receive a $50 Pieology gift card.” Enter by midnight Thursday.

Pizza Inn: New and existing reward members get a Chocolate Chip Pizzert for $3.14 Thursday. The rewards app is available at www.pizzainn.com/rewards.

Rotolo’s Pizzeria: Get one-topping eight-inch pizzas for $3.14 Thursday for dine-in only at participating locations. Gulf Coast stores in Alabama are not included.

Slice: A mobile app that works with more than 10,000 pizzerias is offering $7 off pizza orders Thursday for new users with promo code LOCALPI7. This is for credit card orders and only on a user's first order with the app. “Minimum order total after deductions and promotions must be $15.50,” the offer's fine print states. Download the app at www.slicelife.com.

Villa Italian Kitchen: Get full-size Neapolitan Cheese Pizzas for $3.14 Thursday with a coupon. Sign up for the coupon at www.villaitaliankitchen.com/piday.

Your Pie: The fast-casual pizza brand will have $3.14 pizzas at participating locations. In-store only, while supplies last. Additional pizzas or menu items may be purchased at full price. Stores also will offer games, bounce-back deals, prizes and giveaways throughout the day. Learn more at www.yourpie.com/pieday.

Not listed there but apparently you can get a 10" one-topping pizza from Domino's for $3.14 as well.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12921097-pi-day-offer-dominos-10-1-topping-pizza-for-3-14?v=1
Maybe 343 still has some pizzas left-over:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/12/343-wants-people-to-stop-sending-them-pizza

If it ends up being an Epic exclusive, I will be hoping that it they announce tons of nickel and dime P2W nonsense so I won't be tempted to get it on PS4 or something.    I despise Pitchford but I liked the other games enough that I need a really good reason to stay away rather than simply avoiding it on PC.    :rofl:

Hey would playing Division 2 before the first one be a bad idea?  I had no intention of getting it for a while but I know someone that bought some expensive version for a freaking statue and doesn't want the game and will sell it to me cheap so...

Hey would playing Division 2 before the first one be a bad idea? I had no intention of getting it for a while but I know someone that bought some expensive version for a freaking statue and doesn't want the game and will sell it to me cheap so...
nah you're good, div2 is just div1 with enhancements in a new city, so div1.5, not that thats a bad thing. You wont be missing anything though

lol, I think the version he bought is automatically connected to the uplay account that purchases it, he might be stuck with it.  I don't want a second uplay account for one game.

Hey would playing Division 2 before the first one be a bad idea? I had no intention of getting it for a while but I know someone that bought some expensive version for a freaking statue and doesn't want the game and will sell it to me cheap so...
There's some recap audio logs and one of the major bad guy has left some audio logs to fuck with the Division... That said I think its rather spoiler free.

I've played about 17 hours now... I'm still really damn impressed with the game. Had so major lag performance drops the first morning. Damage on NPCs would register late, locks would be delayed in being blow off, even frame drops... but after lunch that day this all went away so it had to be server side issues. Launch has been really smooth. They're about go do normal maintenance right now.

Quick notes: Seeing a lot of complaints about not being able to play the game solo...

There's some recap audio logs and one of the major bad guy has left some audio logs to screw with the Division... That said I think its rather spoiler free.

I've played about 17 hours now... I'm still really damn impressed with the game. Had so major lag performance drops the first morning. Damage on NPCs would register late, locks would be delayed in being blow off, even frame drops... but after lunch that day this all went away so it had to be server side issues. Launch has been really smooth. They're about go do normal maintenance right now.

Quick notes: Seeing a lot of complaints about not being able to play the game solo... but that's not true at all. Its all I've done so far and while I cannot say I've never died I think my deaths have been my own fault. Either not swapping to new guns or being tactically stupid.

Suggested skills: I don't have them all unlocked right now but the healing hive variant and the assault turret are by far the best. I've tried the shield with some luck the shield, normal and the SMG variant, but I found my groove with the healing hive. That said I think the turret is the better first skill of the game pickup as it has a quicker cool down and, well, its always nice to have some else shooting at NPCs. (Edit: I'm hearing that the chem launcher variant that heals is quite good also. I'll give it a try when servers come back online.)

Grenades: They are useful. If you can get two or more in the circle before combat begins I suggest tossing one out and waiting for it go off.

SHD Tech: It shouldn't be your first buy... but buying the bonus XP stuff should be done sooner than later. Its pretty sizable.

Air and Space: I think this might be the 6th or 7th story mission in the game, and I still haven't tried all of the missions (obviously) but this mission was a blast. Well designed, an amazing environment, etc. I honestly think this might be the best mission I've played in gaming in quite sometime. The best way I can describe it is the train chapter in Uncharted 2... I'll forever remember it.

Probably just a rumor unless Sony has sold off other stuff that hasn't been announced yet, otherwise no way they can afford this.  

well as many posters have said, why not let the market decide. Steam offers a ridiculous amount of features over epic, so this goes beyond the dev just getting a larger cut, the consumers miss out on actual functionality by choosing an inferior store front.

So if they want a bigger cut why not offer it on both, and either tell customers their preferred store is epic or offer it a slight discount on epic to compensate for all the things the customers will lose
Because Epic won't give them a giant sack of money to "let the market decide". They pay for exclusivity to get a monopoly on the game's distribution. And the publisher wants a giant sack of money so they don't care about letting the market decide either.

Epic is great for consumers!

I liked when my games came on CD-ROMs and DVDs. 

All this stuff to fix a problem that didn't even exist. 

Games just ship broken, or incomplete now, and sometimes stay in early access forever.  I don't need to play all these Indies so badly that digital distribution has been some kind of godsend or something.  I don't even play 95% of my humble bundle games.  I could live without all of it. 

Games were getting automatic patches back in '98 when I was playing Everquest, and I'm sure much earlier than that.  It wasn't an issue.  I'm sure plenty of people here use the extra Steam features but none of this digital storefront stuff has been necessary for me.  Games had friendslists, people had phone numbers, and everyone got along just fine. 

Now I have to look at five or more different copies of the Division and try and decide which one is fucking me the least. 

It's all a big "whatever".  I liked it when games shipped complete, and when I owned the stuff I bought.  Everything that has changed has been done to benefit PC developers and publishers and yet the PC platform isn't even seeing all of the greatest current games. 

If there were better sales on new release games then I might be more inclined to advocate for digital distribution, but there's not. 

I liked when my games came on CD-ROMs and DVDs.

All this stuff to fix a problem that didn't even exist.
Eh, in the era of CD-ROMs, I had a catalog of maybe ten games. I now have well over a thousand and, "But how many do you play???" aside, I still have easily hundreds that I've played and enjoyed.

At the end of the day though, it's all video games. No big deal. I only share opinions here because that's the topic -- it's not as though I spend Easter dinner stewing about Epic vs Steam. Most of the "When games shipped complete" stuff is easily solved by waiting until the game ships "complete". You don't like buying DLC? Wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. You don't like the potential for patches and updates? Wait a couple months. Nothing is making you buy it the moment it pops up on a website.

Most of the "When games shipped complete" stuff is easily solved by waiting until the game ships "complete". You don't like buying DLC? Wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. You don't like the potential for patches and updates? Wait a couple months. Nothing is making you buy it the moment it pops up on a website.
So, yes, everything you say is true. However, there *is* some value of being able to participate in the zeitgeist that surrounds a games launch. Particularly if it's a story based game, part of the fun is being able to engage in conversations about it. Also, again referring to story-heavy games, you run the risk of being 'spoiled' on some of the more fascinating parts of the game.

Now, I understand that some may not care about some of these things. For those, these arent concerns. I also appreciate that all of life involves tradeoffs. But just 'cause I understand it, doesnt preclude me from bitching about it on a website.

Complaining is part of the fun. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpJNXZQ-ROY

I bit on it. I figured it was worth that, I haven't gotten to try a FC game on my ultra wide yet.
You're in for a treat. New Dawn has improved on FC5 in every aspect. It's shorter, but $20 is more than a fair price. I got a little burned out on FC5 in some parts where it just felt like I was repeating the same thing over and over just to advance. Did not get that feeling in New Dawn and was left wanting more when I was finished. I got close to 20 hours out of it doing everything 100%. I do need to finish some challenges that require co-op so if you need to do those feel free to add me on Uplay.

I discovered Playnite a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty slick and well worth the download. It is able to locate and configure games from all of your launchers and list them all with images/covers, descriptions, etc. Point at your install directories for non-service installed games. Pretty painless setup and it even allows you to bring in games you have installed to run in emulators; I have Cemu and Dolphin games added into the list as well. So for those wanting all their games in one place, this is an elegant solution. Really not sure how much I will actually use it but It's so slick, I won't be uninstalling it any time soon.

2w1mn9.jpg

So, yes, everything you say is true. However, there *is* some value of being able to participate in the zeitgeist that surrounds a games launch. Particularly if it's a story based game, part of the fun is being able to engage in conversations about it.
So decide which is more important to you. Maybe the rest of the community doesn't want to wait on a handful of Luddites reminiscing about the good ole days of retail optical media. Actually, we know that they don't because people are buying the "incomplete" games at launch.

Edit: I'm saying "you" in the general. I saw what you said about trade-offs, etc.

(Edit: I'm hearing that the chem launcher variant that heals is quite good also.  I'll give it a try when servers come back online.)
Chem Launcher is like first aid...  The Hive healing variant is like the healing station in Div 1.  ( I would recommend the Chem Launcher for solo play.  It likely won't top you off but its a quick boost and a quick recovery time.)

(Edit: I'm hearing that the chem launcher variant that heals is quite good also. I'll give it a try when servers come back online.)
Chem Launcher is like first aid... The Hive healing variant is like the healing station in Div 1. ( I would recommend the Chem Launcher for solo play. It likely won't top you off but its a quick boost and a quick recovery time.)
You hear anything about how the ballistic shield compares to Div 1?

I used the ballistic shield a ton in Division 1, especially once I could use an SMG with it.

At the end of the day though, it's all video games. No big deal. I only share opinions here because that's the topic -- it's not as though I spend Easter dinner stewing about Epic vs Steam.
Exactly. I care about about games more than you do, and more specifically, thoroughly experiencing my 6-10 favorite games of the year.

Most of the "When games shipped complete" stuff is easily solved by waiting until the game ships "complete".
uhhhhhhh lol

Exactly. I care about about games more than you do, and more specifically, thoroughly experiencing my 6-10 favorite games of the year.

uhhhhhhh lol
That's fair that you care more than me. But you care more than the majority of game consumers which is why you'll either need to learn to adapt or just spend your life unhappy about video games. Which seems like a foolish thing to spend your life unhappy about but you do you.

Most games are done with updates, DLC, etc within a year. Developers/Publishers move on to the next project. So just wait a year instead of whining about it. The game isn't going anywhere (except maybe to Epic store!)

That's fair that you care more than me. But you care more than the majority of game consumers which is why you'll either need to learn to adapt or just spend your life unhappy about video games. Which seems like a foolish thing to spend your life unhappy about but you do you.

Most games are done with updates, DLC, etc within a year. Developers/Publishers move on to the next project. So just wait a year instead of whining about it. The game isn't going anywhere (except maybe to Epic store!)
Totally agree with this sentiment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If that's "whining" and "unhappiness" to you then so be it. Some of us enjoy talking about the business side of things.

I make positive posts in here all the time.

I've spent the last two weeks casually looking for a cheap Division 2 key around ~$30, but finally got one the other day from a  friend.  Really looking forward to playing The Division 2 tomorrow!

But look at these sketchy Ebay listings from today lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Clancys-The-Division-2-Uplay-account-offline/401723515411?hash=item5d88966213:g:uIIAAOSwcGtcgOuc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Clancy-s-The-Division-2-Account-Uplay-RegionFree-Warranty/372626204251?hash=item56c240a65b:g:7qoAAOSw-9hciL4M

I have a handful of games on CD still that are not on GOG or otherwise available, I have long since sold the rest on Craigslist.  I have been thinking about doing that with the bulk of my music collection because while I have some sentimental attachment to discs that I listened to endlessly as a teenager or whatever, the majority of my collection us just taking up a lot of space and outside of my car I do not even have a CD player (not counting my consoles obviously as I never use them for that) and digital is just so much more convenient.  PC games took up a lot more space than music CDs do and this discussion on digital video games and optical media just gave me a horrifying thought.  

Just for a moment, imagine you have your current digital game collection, even if you only count the ones that are actually good games or games you bought specifically rather than being +1s from a bundle you bought for one or two games... all on physical media.  I mean I think that hoarders show is still going so it would be cool that half of us would get to be on TV but still.

Anywho, found a workaround for my Division problem.   Not exactly an Ubi-approved solution but that is someone else's problem if it ever becomes an issue.   :whistle2:

They still haven't given me my free copy of ACO for participating in Project Stream or responded to my support ticket asking about it so I am starting to think that might be a lost cause at this point. 

via madjoki via lashman via reddit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/developing-epic-games-launcher-appears-to-collect-your-steam-friends-play-history.105385/

Developing: Epic Games Launcher appears to collect your steam friends & play history

So this comes originaly from Reddit, I found out via lashman Metacounil post.
(This is not endorsement of those findings)

But I tried to replicate those and found out that Epic Games Launcher on start up searches for Steam install
and proceeds to get list of files in your Steam Cloud (this includes mostly game saves for every user that has logged in on your PC)

Steam Cloud is stored under userdata\[account id]\ if you wanna check

It will also create encrypted copy of config\localconfig.vdf.
This file contains your steam friends, their name history (groups you're part of, are considered "friends").

It seems friends might be used for friends suggestions, but I don't even use that feature and it collects more than that.

While it's called "localhistory" it is synced from cloud

It will read, encrypt and then write copy to: C:\ProgramData\Epic\SocialBackup\RANDOM HEX CODE_STEAM ACCOUNT ID.bak
It will also keep historical entries there.

As for contents of file:

Example of friends entry:

MEgXCG2.png

Play history, will contain last playtime
5peS608.png
300 = Day of Defeat

Code:
"300"
{
"LastPlayed" "1384125348"
}

(1384125348 is unix timestamp near end of 2013). Apparently I have played this then.

To replicate these findings you can use Microsofts Process Explorer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

To replicate these findings you can use Microsofts Process Monitor:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

It's recommended to add filter: "ProcessName is EpicGamesLauncher.exe" otherwise there will be tons of crap. Also you can set Drop Filtered events to save on memory.

First step is finding out where Steam is:

TYgs6Hg.png

Then it will enumerate everything in Steam Cloud.

It doesn't seem to read anything, but just names of all your saves of games
s7aZl70.png
Then it will read localconfig.vdf
qpgGA4s.png
after it's done:
8pGAeFK.png
42834588 = steam account id

76561197960265728 + account id = steam id = 76561198003100316 (this is my account)

bread's done
Back