Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
just because Trump is my president doesn't mean Steam is my client.
OkmT5Vu.gif

The Ubisoft store is having a GamesCom Sale, and it includes the season pass for AC Odyssey for $20 ($16 if you spend your Uplay Units) This is the first time I've seen the PC season pass on sale, and I've been waiting for it after getting the base game free from the Google beta earlier this year.
I had my finger on the trigger (same boat, free from google) but then i saw that all of the DLC will be included in uplay+ which is having a free trial for pretty much all of sept. I figure that'll be long enough to get through the Odyssey stuff. probably won't make it through the ACIII stuff but that's the price you pay for free...

The only negative I took away from that article is that they are apparently still doubling down on the shitty, meme humor/writing of BL2 as opposed to the starker space western tropes of BL1.
Sounds like it's "More Borderlands" which should make it an easy decision. I thought BL was okay and fun enough but wasn't in love with it so "More Borderlands" tells me that I'll probably find it entertaining enough someday but nothing to buy early, or full price, or from Epic (if that's a determining factor for people), etc. On the other hand, if you loved BL then "More Borderlands" is probably what you want and you can feel secure about your decision to buy.

Just had a guy flip a lid in the trade forum because I didn't respond to him within 6 hours. Apparently some people think members of this site can deliver faster than Amazon and don't have, I don't know, jobs? :D/

Good thing for you guys, the deal (obviously) fell through but I already dug up the keys so figured I'd dump 'em on here for all you wonderful lads to enjoy (hopefully...it's really just Humble monthly junk).

Moon Hunters - HYXG0-FNPTG-BYPQ9

Paradigm - G8AAX-CMC3A-VZ22T

Pathologic Classic HD - LK7AV-JMQA3-W9FRA

Regions of Ruin - JPPHR-W28L6-RK789

Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon - E47H2-BQPIJ-KEB9F

Guns of Icarus Online Soundtrack - QZ48F-NG9R9-8VF7W

All I ask is that if you do nab a key...to let others know so they don't waste their time trying to redeem.

May have some more in the coming days and weeks as I have way more keys than I know what to do with and not even close to the required time needed to actually play them!
Any chance your selling StS?

The only negative I took away from that article is that they are apparently still doubling down on the shitty, meme humor/writing of BL2 as opposed to the starker space western tropes of BL1.
I think you accidentally left out the negative you were going to list.

Epic is actually trying to do something good with their title exclusivity. Steam has monopolized the PC gaming market for so long that now they offer 10% discounts on year-old games and act like that's a fucking sale. Every sale is absolute garbage because no other client comes close to their numbers and integration. And Epic only takes 15% of sales, whereas Steam takes 30%.

I'm all for EGS throwing their hat in the ring to make Steam act like they give a shit about users again. I'm buying BL3 on EGS just so Gearbox gets more of my money, too. I just hope that their aggressive modeling works out in our favor and they don't get smothered by Gaben's greasy bacon fat-covered triple chin gauntlet.
When did BossKeyFox take over Blade's CAG account?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this posted on the Steamgifts forums, but apparently The Surge 2 is currently priced at $19.99 for pre-order on WinGameStore:

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/10594/The-Surge-2/

Fairly certain this is a price mistake and I don't know if they'll honor it (never purchased from them before), but figured I'd mention it in case anyone was interested.

EDIT: Looks like they pulled the game from the store for now.  And a rep from the store posted on the GameDeals subbreddit that the deal won't be honored.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/cu5o6r/wingamestore_the_surge_2_preorder_1999_60_off/exrop2b/

Free Gamez! (grab them before the bots)

ZG6JB-I8EVB-DXDEQ - Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma
HQY02-8E99M-80LP0 - Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
LL7JB-Q6222-075EX - 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
ZAMR9-ZATHN-0GB9J - Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond
LLJ7T-A48QW-A6EQY - Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma - V4KG7-AYNM9-CC432
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride - KJR49-KVLNG-F7Y78
Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - QG9EY-6L3BT-QAM88
Path of Sin: Greed - DBEVQ-KHPZX-A634A

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam + 2 DLCs - +4FIE-03N4M-FYTIH
Almost There: The Platformer - +QYPG-JQ7E2-XFV00
Yoku's Island Express - C2R*R-I2N2Y-CPWR7
Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon - E2ZI8-Z*YIV-DW6XP

+ = B
* = T

All of the keys had been redeemed by the time that I noticed this drop.  But it was a very nice thought, Zipomatic2.

In other news, I tried out Electronic Super Joy 2 tonight.  For a game that was free to download on Steam, it's not bad.  Great 2D visuals and music, but it's one of those platformers like Celeste that requires extremely precise timing that I'm not very good at anymore.  But it didn't make me want to toss my controller across the room.

Don't remember where I saw it so I don't have a link, but Pyre was leaked as a future Epic Store freebie. No idea when it'll be, but the same leak mentioned Celeste, Fez and others well before they were announced.

Follow up note on Gears 5. All versions will be running win32 and not UWP. A very good change if you ask me as UWP seemed to have me digging through areas of my PC I never had to visit for other games everytime a new Forza came out.

Follow up note on Gears 5. All versions will be running win32 and not UWP. A very good change if you ask me as UWP seemed to have me digging through areas of my PC I never had to visit for other games everytime a new Forza came out.
Wait, does this mean we'll finally have access to game-folders here and be able to back them up for W10 versions of games using win32?

Will we be able to shuffle these game-folders from PC-to-PC? Or hard-drive to hard-drive?

I really don't want to do multiple 80-150GB downloads for each PC.

[quote name="MysterD" post="14202902"

Will we be able to shuffle these game-folders from PC-to-PC? Or hard-drive to hard-drive?[/quote]I thinkbyou can do hard drive to hard drive already via the OS... but I really don't know. A) Cause I don't move games around on my PC all that much and B) fiber internet means it's likely just as quick to download it again then anything else...

Honestly, I've preinstalled a game and the download was faster than waiting for the game to unlock when it was time to play. (So now I don't really preload if I'm going to be around to play in the wee hours of the morning.)

I thinkbyou can do hard drive to hard drive already via the OS... but I really don't know. A) Cause I don't move games around on my PC all that much and B) fiber internet means it's likely just as quick to download it again then anything else...

Honestly, I've preinstalled a game and the download was faster than waiting for the game to unlock when it was time to play. (So now I don't really preload if I'm going to be around to play in the wee hours of the morning.)
You can switch from hard-drive to hard-drive via the OS settings (Control Panel under Gaming IIRC), yes.

You can also mess around w/ that via the Xbox Beta App too, for where you want to install games.

But it's hard to mod, move, or copy stuff via Windows Explorer/My PC/My Computer directly from W10 Store versions of games to external drives or to other PC's b/c we don't really have "ownership" of the folders (even as an Admin on your PC). You can't access them directly in W10, more or less.

Gears 4 PC & NVidia 10xx cards:

Pascal-card owners of 10xx series of NVidia cards, new NVidia Game Ready driver 436.15 is out.

Gears of War 4 PC is now booting, working, and running again with these drivers!

Speaking from experience here - yes, I have GTX 1060 6GB on my laptop. No issues, so far.

Also, sources:

NVidia - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/310225/official-43602-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feed/2244822/

Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/cw5fkm/gears_of_war_4_freezecrash_pascal_fixed_in_43615/

Control by Remedy:

Also, seems like Control (Epic Game Store exclusive on PC right now) is getting pretty good reviews.

PC - https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/control

X1 - https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/control

PS4 - https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/control

Just finished up Gears of War 4 (PC / W10 Store / Xbox for PC) w/ the newest NVidia drivers (that finally fix the crashing & freezing issues - that would be driver 436.15).

On my SC15 laptop (i7 7700 HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64), this just ran killer. With a mix of High & Ultra settings pretty much, 1080p @ 50-60fps. I wish all games ran as smooth and as Doom 2016 and this one, TBH.

Action was non-stop, action-packed & relentless, for the most part. Direction and set pieces were out-standing. While it doesn't do a ton of new stuff here, does it really need to? The game is so excellently-paced and an absolute blast, after the 8-10 hours or so it likely will take most to finish. Even while most of everything here feels so complete with the story & all, I'm still left here...wanting more.

Story & character stuff was solid and nothing spectacular, but you likely didn't 100% come here for that. You came for the awesome graphics, gunplay, combat & crazy boss fights. If that's what you came for - yeah, and I'm sure most did - go play Gears 4.

Gears 4 is, simply put, the following: an awesome & kick-ass shooter.

LCG acquires TellTale and is trying to bring back some of their IP's/licenses & games, employees, and create new ones:

https://www.gamesradar.com/telltale-games-has-been-acquired-by-a-new-company-so-series-like-the-wolf-among-us-could-return/

- LCG will try to offer some freelance work to some previous TellTale employees.
- LCG wants to bring back old TellTale licenses, games, and re-release them.
- LCG wants to even create sequels to some TellTale games.
- LCG holds the license & rights for The Wolf Among Us and Batman; and TellTale's own IP of Puzzle Agent.
- Stranger Things is held by Netflix, not LCG.
- Walking Dead is owned by Skybound, not LCG.
- It's unknown right now who holds rights & licenses for TellTale's Game of Thrones, Borderlands, Guardians of the Galaxy, and MineCraft games (which are based off IP's owned by other companies).

Yakuza 7 has been announced and will make some changes to the franchise:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/blog/yakuza-7-officially-announced-with-big-changes-for-the-franchise

Info:
- Ichiban Kasuga is the lead character, in this story/game.
- Takes place after Kasuga gets out of prison some 18 years later, after taking the fall for his boss' crimes.
- Tojo Clan has fallen; meanwhile the Police,  Omi Alliance, and Yakuza run Kamurocho.
- His boss tries to kill him and leaves Kasuga in Yokohama.
- This game will take place in Yokohama.
- Combat is no longer real-time and no longer free-flowing.
- Combat is now some type of turn-based combat system.
- You will have followers and squad members with you.
- Battles can have sub-battles going on also.

Picture of combat:
ss_02.jpg

Trailer (in Japanese):
https://youtu.be/M9_L2TA0IEY

But why would I get a game for free on Epic when it is in the $10 tier on the Humble Horror 2019 Bundle ???
If one is going that route, it could be a number of reasons.

That would be to get a Steam-version w/ all of the Steam-features: Steamworks, Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud Save support, Steam screen-shot taking & posting, Steam time-tracking, Steam's Big Picture Mode, etc etc.

Some might also want to have as many games in their own Steam egg basket as well, as most gamers likely have most of their games on Steam. To have most of them in one place, it's fair.

Also, if one does go that route and do buy that from HB - it's possible one doesn't probably like Epic, Tim Sweeney and/or Tencent. There's certainly a fan-base out there that don't want to deal or support a lot of their non-sense: 3rd party PC exclusives to their store, their attitude towards Indies (see DARQ), Epic using your Steam info, Tim Sweeney, Epic Game Store is another damn launcher, and/or anything else you can think of.

bread's done
Back