Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
This one sale price thing is costing us money.  Sure, there are some big deals on older games, but they were probably going to be there anyway.  On the other hand, there appears to be a whole section of games where they just said "there's no way we're doing 66 to 75 percent for that many days" and just set it at 50 percent. 

In the old system, we at least had a shot at them giving us anywhere from 8 hours to a couple days worth of a decent discount.  Instead, we get to stare at 50 percent the whole sale.

That doesn't explain some of those "haha, 25 percent, suckers!" stickers on some of the games, but I guess that's just people that don't want sales.

For any of you other nostalgia-based point and click lovers out there, I'm excited to finally grab Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers even with the absence of Tim Curry voice-overs.  At a historic low according to ITAD and has a better discount now than during the Fall Sale.

Also, anyone have any opinions on buying Grim Dawn now?  Given that they've announced it will be "complete" at the end of the month-ish, I'm thinking this may be the optimal time to buy in the event the price goes up once it's out of Early Access.

For any of you other nostalgia-based point and click lovers out there, I'm excited to finally grab Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers even with the absence of Tim Curry voice-overs. At a historic low according to ITAD and has a better discount now than during the Fall Sale.

Also, anyone have any opinions on buying Grim Dawn now? Given that they've announced it will be "complete" at the end of the month-ish, I'm thinking this may be the optimal time to buy in the event the price goes up once it's out of Early Access.
my opinion, just download path of exile, if u are dying to playing diablo 3esque games like grim dawn. it is free. if i didn't bother to look at the title of the game. i would of thought they are essentially the same game

Last edited by a moderator:
For any of you other nostalgia-based point and click lovers out there, I'm excited to finally grab Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers even with the absence of Tim Curry voice-overs. At a historic low according to ITAD and has a better discount now than during the Fall Sale.

Also, anyone have any opinions on buying Grim Dawn now? Given that they've announced it will be "complete" at the end of the month-ish, I'm thinking this may be the optimal time to buy in the event the price goes up once it's out of Early Access.
Grim Fandango Remastered is also 80% off for nostalgia seekers.

This one sale price thing is costing us money. Sure, there are some big deals on older games, but they were probably going to be there anyway. On the other hand, there appears to be a whole section of games where they just said "there's no way we're doing 66 to 75 percent for that many days" and just set it at 50 percent.

In the old system, we at least had a shot at them giving us anywhere from 8 hours to a couple days worth of a decent discount. Instead, we get to stare at 50 percent the whole sale.

That doesn't explain some of those "haha, 25 percent, suckers!" stickers on some of the games, but I guess that's just people that don't want sales.
Well, to be honest, there hasn't been any great sales on steam for a long while now. They used to compensate somewhat with steam putinland version but I can't remember buying anything directly on steam since like 2013?

But yeah, we used to get some "possibly-non-glitch-communication-error" on the daily when they put out an entire franchise out on 75 percent only to change the latest version to just 50 percent an hour or so later when the publisher or whoever realize it.

I just think of them being considerate and saving us the time we used to waste looking thru their store daily and still not finding anything anyway :D/

Nothing but the best deals this Steam Sale:

OHEyCKr.png

Love the savings.

LOL, from the screenshots it looked like a 2001 version of DC universe online
I actually found it quite fun and one of the better games I picked up from steam sales blindly just because it was cheap, the other being Evil Genius which was also a regular I think.

LOL, from the screenshots it looked like a 2001 version of DC universe online
Never played DC Universe Online.

But seriously - for under $2, Freedom Force pack is excellent. With a bunch of different heroes to have in your party; different stories; and different missions - you easily will get you moneys worth here for under $2.

While some missions are connected to the over-arching story here, some feel like they are their very own comic book/episode or a short series of them. And the origin stories and whatnot are pretty cool, as well.

This (linear) game plays out in real-time party-based RPG w/ a strategic-pause allowed for its combat system. The extremely fun gameplay (lifting cars + tossing them; saving cities; saving civilians; using street-lights + stop lights as melee weapons) + insanely over-the-top voice-acting is just top notch stuff.

Seriously - for under $2, you cannot go wrong w/ Freedom Force pack.

Please explain. Unless this is a spechal deal only available at 3:Eleventeen in Ghana, I don't think I can make it.
Um, apparently CAG doesn't allow the posting of steam direct links, which you need to use to get the item.

steam
:
//install/

remove line breaks and copy/paste it into your browser.

anyone know how cheap has assetto corsa been on steam? It's 24.99 right now. I have project cars on ps4 but tempted to find a game I use my logitech g29 to play

How to Survive 2 is already 70% off.. was released at the end of October. Their sales strategy must mean the game is gr8.
Sweet. Can't wait til it's 90% off or better like the original was not too long ago.

EDIT:

Grim Fandango Remastered is also 80% off for nostalgia seekers.
Never played the original even.

My only problem is - it seems like Double Fine has a Humble Bundle every few months or so.

I think my main problem with the recent sales is there's just nothing I'm dying to buy.  (that's a reasonable price yet)

Heck, the game I most want is Plague Inc.  and it's only like 10 bucks.  It's been on my wish list over a year now.  I just can't pull the trigger on some 33 percent off game though.  (if my sale purchase total is low, I may buy it, but probably not)

I think before the sale is over, I'm going to go through my wishlist and compare release date vs current discount.  If I feel like any particular developer is just being greedy, I don't think they'll deserve to be on my list any more.  They can have fun getting my zero dollars instead of the amount I would been willing to give them.

I think my main problem with the recent sales is there's just nothing I'm dying to buy. (that's a reasonable price yet)
Bingo. There's a bunch of games I'm very interested it - i.e. Fallout 4; AC Syndicate; Hotline Miami 2; MGS V: TPP; Mad Max [game]; SoM GOTY; Dying Light + Season Pass; Dreamfall Chapters; etc.

I just ain't found the price and/or killer discount that I'm truly looking for here.

Never played DC Universe Online.

But seriously - for under $2, Freedom Force pack is excellent. With a bunch of different heroes to have in your party; different stories; and different missions - you easily will get you moneys worth here for under $2.

While some missions are connected to the over-arching story here, some feel like they are their very own comic book/episode or a short series of them. And the origin stories and whatnot are pretty cool, as well.

This (linear) game plays out in real-time party-based RPG w/ a strategic-pause allowed for its combat system. The extremely fun gameplay (lifting cars + tossing them; saving cities; saving civilians; using street-lights + stop lights as melee weapons) + insanely over-the-top voice-acting is just top notch stuff.

Seriously - for under $2, you cannot go wrong w/ Freedom Force pack.
Trying to talk that dude into a game is a fruitless endeavor. He was slagging off Mark of the Ninja because it "looked old" or some other sort of nonsense. He's almost as bad as you when you go on an "Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the greatest game in the history of forever because it is" type of rants.

Sweet. Can't wait til it's 90% off or better like the original was not too long ago.

EDIT:

Never played the original even.

My only problem is - it seems like Double Fine has a Humble Bundle every few months or so.
i bet it will be in future humblebundle or some alienware free giveaways

anyone know how cheap has assetto corsa been on steam? It's 24.99 right now. I have project cars on ps4 but tempted to find a game I use my logitech g29 to play
why would u get project cars on ps4, everyone knows drive club is the best driving sim on ps4 currently

Trying to talk that dude into a game is a fruitless endeavor. He was slagging off Mark of the Ninja because it "looked old" or some other sort of nonsense. He's almost as bad as you when you go on an "Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the greatest game in the history of forever because it is" type of rants.
I ain't even played ETS2.

But for me, if you're going to get it right - "Vampire: Bloodlines is my favorite game b/c it is."

why is mad max dropping like a rock? lol
Its release was horribly timed. It came out the same day as Metal Gear did and never had a chance to gain any sort of traction. It's a bit sad too, because its pretty good. I also think Mad Max as an IP is generally more niche as well. It never really had a chance to do much as it got buried by Metal Gear when it came out + the ability to get it cheap has been there since day one.

Second the recommendations for Freedom Force. It's a great comic book throwback and a wonderful toolset for real time with pause hero squad skirmishes. I used to be able to pick out that it was cleverly aping a bunch of genre conventions and putting capes and tights on them but I forget now.

Either way it's a solid game with a LOT of modability and character creation and skirmish options outside the story, and a solid story to boot.

I swear, if the best thing I get this sale season is friggin' Titanfall, come Jan 15th I'm buying one of those Atari-boxes all the non-PC kids are playing these days.

So apparently the Dark Souls II Upgrade to Scholar of the First Sin was 19 pesos in Mexico. About $1.20 USD.

And I missed it. ;_;

(Not like I could buy it, anyway. Stupid US account...)

So apparently the Dark Souls II Upgrade to Scholar of the First Sin was 19 pesos in Mexico. About $1.20 USD.

And I missed it. ;_;

(Not like I could buy it, anyway. Stupid US account...)
dats wat happens wen u dont stay in mexico, u miss all da deels. hope u learned ur lesson

Any thoughts on the Star Wars Collection at 77% off?  I already have several of the games, but the bundle would still be cheaper than buying the ones I don't have...

Any thoughts on the Star Wars Collection at 77% off? I already have several of the games, but the bundle would still be cheaper than buying the ones I don't have...
That depends on which games you have and which you don't have. Dark Forces and Masters of Teras Kasi or whatever they're called are not-so-good. Jedi games aren't that great, either. But if you're buying for KOTOR 1/2, or even Battlefield, you might as well? Not all of the games are worth owning, IMO. That, and there are at least 10 Star Wars games that haven't made it to Steam despite being PC games.

That depends on which games you have and which you don't have. Dark Forces and Masters of Teras Kasi or whatever they're called are not-so-good. Jedi games aren't that great, either. But if you're buying for KOTOR 1/2, or even Battlefield, you might as well? Not all of the games are worth owning, IMO. That, and there are at least 10 Star Wars games that haven't made it to Steam despite being PC games.
da fuq u talking about. I hope you don't mean Dark Forces II, because that game is excellent, probably hasn't aged well though and I think you need to apply a community patch to fix the music. Jedi Outcast is great as well, and Jedi Academy's not so bad either. Most of the games in the Star Wars pack are worth owning. I'd say everything except for maybe The Force Unleashed games, Clone Wars, and Starfighter are worth buying the bundle for.

bread's done
Back