Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I remember one time I tried to enter my birthday (which IS January 1st) on some random site, and I got blacklisted because of it.. probably because of all of the morans that use 1/1 as their fake birthday. Why anyone would use that as their fake birthday is beyond me, I try to do the opposite if I'm using fake/alt accounts.
Happy birthday, and happy new years!

I do the 1/1/year thing when it's drop down selections. They don't need to know the exact date when the year is enough to show I'm old enough.

Here's my haul, I have to call it quits:

• Elite: Dangerous (third time's a charm, right?)
  • Superflight (Got all of the achievements, but damn it is fun.)
  • Fable: The Lost Chapters
  • Quadrilateral Cowboy
  • The Black Watchmen - DLC
  • Oxygen Not Included (probably my favorite pickup of the sale)
  • Bomber Crew
  • Prey
  • Dead Cells
These have gotten me up to 893 games, and I started whittling down the backlog this past year... Not a ton, but I got through some fantastic games. In other news, I've removed around 210 games from my wishlist and want to continue to narrow it down. Happy 2018 everybody, here's to hoping we all can slim down the backlog this year. More out than in, yeah?

Might not get anything.  Unlocks for the Humble Monthly are coming up so maybe some decent stuff in that plus next month's teaser.  Of the 130ish things on my wishlist there's maybe half a dozen that: 1) Aren't likely bundle fodder; and 2) listed with a discount over 50% off.  Dark Souls 3 base game is a good price but I'd probably just wait for a good package deal on the whole thing.

Earth Defense Force Bundle - $1.19
Stories: Path of Destinies - $1.49
Earthlock: Festival of Magic - $4.79
Pictopix - $5.24
Hidden Folks - $5.59
Highlands - $1.49
Heat Signature - $11.99
Tametsi - $0.74
Divinity Original Sin 2 - $40.49
Dishonored Definitive - gifted
Cuphead - gifted

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about grabbing dead cells before the price hike. I have about $9 in gaben funds from selling trading cards, so it would only be a few bucks out of pocket. Other than that, nothing from this sale really. Still playing (somewhat) catch up on my backlog...

I really fell for the "We're going to hike our price soon" tactic.

I'll probably grab a few more small things tomorrow, but over the course of the Winter Sale, I so far picked up:

Fire Pro Wrestling
Dead Cells (from GMG with stacked coupons on top of sale price)
Megaman Legacy Collection 2

Earth Defense Force 
Pathfinder Adventures
Sword Coast Legends
River City Ransom Underground

The Oculus Store's Daily Deals caused me to spend more than I planned. Nice replacement for Steam Flash Sales.
yea the oculus dailies have consistently been good every winter/summer sale. I usually end up grabbing at least one item because there will be at least one with some ridiculous discount you didn't expect

(and now you know where steams great sale prices went, gone like the flash deals)

Haul time?
- Destiny 2
- cossacks 3 deluxe
- cold fear
- band of Brothers pack
- earthlock

Can't stop playing D2. Amazing game. Can understand the complaints about it, but most of them are coming from D1 players. I haven't played that one, so...

The games I mostly played this year are KF2 and Witcher 3. The long dark was a great discovery too

Haul by service (not by purchase place, too many to list and who cares, and no one is going to read this anyway so)

Battle.Net

Diablo 3 Battlechest

uPlay:

ODE

Windows 10

Assassin's Creed Unity (apperantly was free on some random site between 0.00 and 0.01, requires X1 which I don't have so it's useless lol. Ubisoft join playanywhere pls)
Minecraft for Windows 10

Steam:

2Dark
2Dark Official Soundtrack and Artbook
8DAYS
911: First Responders
A Plot Story
Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the Rajas
Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms
Age of Mythology EX: Tale of the Dragon
Air Combat
Airmen
Alien Arena: Warriors Of Mars
Anno 2205 Ultimate edition
Another World
Aporia: Beyond The Valley - Soundtrack
Arrow Heads
Assassin's Creed Origins - Gold Edition
Aurora Trail
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
B17 PVP   
Battle Riders
Beat The Dictators
Beavers Be Dammed   
Blackscreen Simulator
BLOK DROP NEO
Castle In The Darkness
Castles
Champions of Anteria
Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
Coffee Shop Tycoon
Crusaders of the Lost Idols - Elite Starter Pack
Crush Your Enemies
Dab, Twerk & Dance   
Dark Quest 2
Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure
Demon's Crystals
Depopulation
DepthMera
Deus Ex Machina - The Soundtrack
Die With Glory
Diluvion
Dimension Jump
Disney Princess and Fairy Pack
Drifting Lands   
Easy Red
Electric Circuit
Eternal Step
Fable Rush
Family Jewels   
Far Cry 5 - WW Gold Preorder
Farmington Tales
Filthy, Stinking, Orcs!
Flood: The Prequel   
Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead
Formula Truck 2013
Fruity Smoothie   
Galactic Civilizations III - Altarian Prophecy DLC
Galactic Civilizations III - Lost Treasures DLC
Galactic Civilizations III - Mech Kit Parts DLC
Galactic Civilizations III - Mega Events DLC
Galactic Civilizations III - Mercenaries Expansion Pack
Galactic Civilizations III - Precursor Worlds DLC
Galactic Civilizations III - Revenge of the Snathi DLC
Galactic Civilizations III - Rise of the Terrans DLC
Galactic Civilizations III Soundtrack
Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Expansion Pack
Genetic Disaster
Glitchrunners
Goblin Gearshop   
GOKEN Demo   
Grow Up
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo: Spartan Bundle
Hardy Only One
Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi
HITMAN&trade - GOTY Outfit Bundle 
HITMAN&trade - Bonus Campaign Patient Zero 
I Am Alive
ICEBOX: Speedgunner
Iron Clads American Civil War
Iron Clads High Seas
Ironclads 2: American Civil War
Ironclads 2: Boshin War
Ironclads 2: Caroline Islands War 1885
Ironclads 2: War of the Pacific
Ironclads: Anglo Russian War 1866
Ironclads: Chincha Islands War 1866
Ironclads: Schleswig War 1864
King of Dragon Pass
Last Days of Spring 2
Last Days of Spring 2 Soundtrack and Directors Commentary
Left&Right
Leon (for Athopiu)
Macbat 64
Mafia III: Family Kick Back Pack
Magnetic: Cage Closed
Malavision: The Origin
Max Focus - Awesomenauts Character
Mech Ace
Micro Machines
Might &amp Magic® Heroes® VII Complete Edition 
MiniBotz
Momonga Pinball Adventures
Monopolka
Murder
NaziShoot
Nex Machina
Offworld Trading Company - Blue Chip Ventures DLC
Offworld Trading Company - Conspicuous Consumption DLC
Offworld Trading Company - Real Mars Map Pack DLC
Offworld Trading Company - Scenario Toolkit DLC
Offworld Trading Company - Soundtrack DLC
Offworld Trading Company - The Ceres Initiative DLC
Offworld Trading Company - The Patron and the Patriot DLC
Offworld Trading Company: Jupiter's Forge Expansion Pack
O'Fox life
Oh...Sir! The Hollywood Roast
Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator
Ortus Arena
Paintball eXtreme
Pathologic Classic HD
Photon Flux
Piggy Poggy Pog
Planet Coaster Released
Platfinity
Prevent The Fall
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Pure Pool Soundtrack
Railroad Tycoon II: Platinum
RC Mini Racers
Runespell: Overture
Santa's Hat mkIII
Sarab: Duji Tower
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Septic Savages
Shantae: Friends to the End   
Shantae: Pirate Queen's Quest   
SHENZHEN I/O
SHENZHEN SOLITAIRE
ShootMania Storm
Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise and Fall
Silent Hunter Collection (2012)
Silver Tale
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Sky Road
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Season Pass Edition (Retail)
Square Head Zombies
Stable Orbit
Starfighter Neon   
State of Decay - Lifeline
Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
Stellaris: Plantoids Species Pack
SuperLuminauts
Survival Games BETA
Survival Pack C
Switch Galaxy Ultra Charity Pack 1
Switch Galaxy Ultra Music Pack 1
Switchcars
symeCu8e
Tempest - Treasure Lands
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Tetris® Ultimate
Texas Tango
The Black Watchmen - Alone in the Dark Web
The Book of Legends
The Bunker
The Bunker - Soundtrack
The Crew Ultimate Edition
The Evil Within 2
The Evil Within 2: The Last Chance Pack
The Eyes of Ara
The Fall
The Grandfather
The Saint: Abyss of Despair
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Gold Edition (ROW)
The Settlers Heritage of Kings
The Settlers VI: Gold
The Survey
The Theodore Adventures
theHunter™: Call of the Wild
Tiny Echo
Torment: Tides of Numenera - Mindforged Synthsteel Plating Outfit
Toy Soldiers: War Chest
Toy Soldiers: War Chest - Legendary Heroes
Trillion
TRON RUN/r: Ultimate Edition
Until None Remain
Until None Remain VR
Uurnog Uurnlimited
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Wandering in space   
War for the Overworld - Yogscast Worker Skin (Jingle Jam 2017)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III [DIGITAL RETAIL] (WW)
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Drachenfels
Wasted Pizza
WAVESHAPER: Original Soundtrack
What Remains of Edith Finch
Victorian Admirals
Wild Buster - Trial Version
World to the West
Xenon Valkyrie
Zombie Night Terror
拼词游戏 2017
+ some pending gifts for games to may/should get removed. 

I think this will be the first year since I started buying stuff digitally that I didn't buy anything from the winter sales.  I bought two games on Android (Reigns & Death Road to Canada) for 99¢ each and that's it.  Couldn't make myself care enough to buy Sword Coast Legends knowing that I'd never play it.

Granted, I spent $100 on the Thanksgiving sales but then some of the prices were better with the extra 18% off the sale prices of Bethesda products at Gamersgate, etc.  I might have been tempted to get NieR: Automata from GMG but their 25% voucher was such a mess that I just didn't bother and will wait for a real sale on it.

Wow. It really pays off to have 500 farm accounts.
Haha cards are not at all worth anything due to tons of farmers. CS:GO is all you ever need.

01chi5W.png

You are all wrong. The best thing from having infinite wallet is that Joki can buy pre orders. 

Forget for a second +1s, possible removed games etc.. and you get:

Far Cry 5 - WW Gold Preorder

Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise and Fall

+ a couple of expensive games like Ass Origins.

y we doing haul posts. da sale isnt even over yet!
I'd much rather see haul posts a day or two before the sale ends than a day or two after. Haul posts after the fact do me no good at all. After the sale's over, I'm no longer in a position to copy people's purchases (unless I wanna do something dumb, like buy at full price).

I have saved wallet for 4 years or so and said fuck it. Now I'm just trying to keep so I can buy full inventory items to gamble on and sell and use that on games, rinse & repeat.

I'm just screwin' with ya man. I don't really care how many accounts you might have, or whatever loops you wanna jump through to get the cash you have to spend in the store.

As long as you're not cheating little old ladies out of their life's savings in the process, knock yourself out.

I'd much rather see haul posts a day or two before the sale ends than a day or two after. Haul posts after the fact do me no good at all. After the sale's over, I'm no longer in a position to copy people's purchases (unless I wanna do something dumb, like buy at full price).
I use my activity feed if I want to copy peoples purchases, but these days 80% of the crap people buy are games I own or 49 cent trash. Doesn't do me much good lol

I'm just screwin' with ya man. I don't really care how many accounts you might have, or whatever loops you wanna jump through to get the cash you have to spend in the store.

As long as you're not cheating little old ladies out of their life's savings in the process, knock yourself out.
I was replying to tomasety tho

I've noticed an obnoxious amount of .49 cent garbage being purchased this sale. I'm all for the $3 bundles of trash +1s, but I'm not taking the time or spending the money on all those individual .49 cent games just for the +1. 

yeah only reason to buy from Steam is pretty much wallet if you have it and uplay games and you want Steam version. :p

pretty much everything else is much cheaper elsewhere.

I played quantum break the past day and a half or so, it was okay. I guess it could be pretty cool if you're really into the story, every "act" ends with a 20 minute live action episode about the story, which would be neat with something like mass effect but i just skipped through it because the story didn't grab me. Gameplay is alright, there's a ton of walking around mixed in with a mild amount of gunfights. I give the game like a 6.5/10.

I played quantum break the past day and a half or so, it was okay. I guess it could be pretty cool if you're really into the story, every "act" ends with a 20 minute live action episode about the story, which would be neat with something like mass effect but i just skipped through it because the story didn't grab me. Gameplay is alright, there's a ton of walking around mixed in with a mild amount of gunfights. I give the game like a 6.5/10.
ur not mooby

So does anyone think this is the month that Ori and the Blindforest is in the humble monthly or do you think it's safe to buy at a bigger discount than steam has it for?

My plan has been to just get it this sale but to buy it late so I can refund it need be...

Also anyone know if all definitive edition copies come with the orginal game too? Or is that just Steam?

So does anyone think this is the month that Ori and the Blindforest is in the humble monthly or do you think it's safe to buy at a bigger discount than steam has it for?

My plan has been to just get it this sale but to buy it late so I can refund it need be...

Also anyone know if all definitive edition copies come with the orginal game too? Or is that just Steam?
I've been waiting for that game to be in a humble monthly forever...I have a feeling though if it is in one it'll be closer to when the 2nd one releases

isn't the sequel coming out this year? if so it'll probably get bundled within a few months. it should still come with the original game. tbh I'm more annoyed that they give it to owners of the DE. original buyers kinda get screwed

I agree. I like to assess what others bought towards the end of the sale and make a decision of buying.

I bought Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Sword Coast Legends already during this sale.

I was considering buying Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation, but to me it looks like something that should be bundled.

I am considering buying Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Earthlock and Invisible Inc DLC.

Even though there weren't any great deals, I'm really happy with my purchases. Bought What remains of Edith Finch and Night in the Woods and beat them already so I could try to avoid spoilers in the Giant Bomb's GOTY.

I loved both of them and highly recommend them if you have similar tastes to mine which is probably unlikely.

I also bought Forza Horizon 3 + hot wheels from seedykeys because I've been bitter for a year that I missed out on the price mistake a bunch of others got in on.

I also finally played through a whole game from a friend's shared Steam account. He has a friend that works at Bethesda and gives him all their games for free. So I was able to play Wolf 2 for free and I have to say I was super impressed by the cutscenes but pretty bored by the gameplay. Glad I made it through in time to listen to GOTY podcasts though.

Still tempted to pick up Cuphead from GMG. I almost bought it when I had the 25% off coupon. I only have the 17% off right now, but I don't think that game's going to drop much more for at least a year.

Update: they just sent out a 22% off coupon; guess I'll be using that.

I've noticed an obnoxious amount of .49 cent garbage being purchased this sale. I'm all for the $3 bundles of trash +1s, but I'm not taking the time or spending the money on all those individual .49 cent games just for the +1.
I bought some .49 bundle trash (honestly, most of what I bought was .49 bundle trash) because I missed the bundle it was in and I figure it was easier to just pay the .49 rather than wait for another bundle and spend $1+ on it or try to find a split or trade. Convenience tax I guess.

Here's my haul so far:

Jackbox Party Pack 3 - I seem to buy these around Christmas because family is over and they want to play something and this is always fun. Bought it for Tee K.O. but Fakin' It turned out to be the best game. Unfortunately, Fakin' It requires people to be in the same room so it's a no go for bro night.

Dead Drop - This was apparently in an IG bundle I missed, but I bought it because of the local MP and it is a blast if you are looking for a game to play with someone locally. Simple premise. One person is the sniper, the other is the spy. There are like 50 people on screen who all look very similar and the spy first has to figure out who he is and then has to blend in with the other decoys to complete objectives before the timer runs out. The main objectives involve touching 4 suit cases on screen. Of course, the sniper receives a delayed notification when a suitcase is touched so they can focus on that area to try to see if they can spot the spy by their movement. Sniper only gets 3 shots. Spy gets one power up to use. It's really fun and well worth the $1.19 I paid for it.

8Bit Fiesta - This is a 4 player party game like the wario games or Move or Die, but way better than move or die. I assume this is headed to bundles at some point, but it's a ton of fun as well. Controls are really floaty, but that adds to the game so that it isn't just about skill. There are so many frustrating mini-games, but it's a blast. Again, worth the $1.99 I paid for it.

HAUNTED: Halloween '86 (The Curse Of Possum Hollow) - NES Game - $1.99
HAUNTED: Halloween '85 - $0.79

These two just looked neat and I figured were cheap enough for what they are.

All You Can Eat - $0.49
Mastema: Out of Hell - $0.49
Shadows 2: Perfidia - $0.49
Blood Feed - $0.10
Dinosaur Hunt First Blood - $0.10
Red Wake Carnage - $0.20
Sense of The Devil - $0.10
Bloody Glimpse - $0.10

Bundle trash I missed that had positive reviews. I only wanted Blood Feed, but it was .49 and it was .60 to get those 5 additional games so I said why not.

My last purchase of the sale is going to be Hidden Folks. It's a really neat looking HOG and very well reviewed. Just trying to sell more cards to pay for it (halfway there!).

Was really interested in They Are Billions, but saw one of Sasquat4's friends stream it yesterday and while it look neat, still needs a lot of work so I can wait.

Does anyone have any TD games that are must plays? Have an itch for those lately, but I might be better off looking for those on mobile.

the usuals are defense grid 1/2, and pvz if you havent yet touched either.  The kingdom rush series, sanctums, and orcs must die are also all good

I bought the wife hidden folks during the sale since she loves the HOGs, not sure if she's gotten a chance to play it yet though

SO wanted EDF, so I ended up finding like 10 unused indiegala bundles that I might throw here.

But here's the extra bundle trash from one:

Vegas Make it Big

A2X0Z-J8Y38-3H5NT

Fireburst

9YFTW-P2RQZ-C0ITI

Zombie Pirates

A66D0-2A0WX-M9LNN

Does anyone have any TD games that are must plays? Have an itch for those lately, but I might be better off looking for those on mobile.
If you haven't tried either of the Kingdom Rush games that are on steam I'd vote for them. Addicting little time wasters, I liked them enough I 100% both, I think I got around 15-20 hrs before I'd completely finished each.

bread's done
Back