Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Special delivery for hoo-man.

cat-snow-burst.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The Messenger now available for free on Epic's store. Bad North is next weeks freebie. 

Just giving some thoughts about Dicey Dungeons as I rebought it and played it a good amount. Honestly it's pretty fun, though I feel it can get very samey after a while. I'd want to beat the episodes with each characters, but I think I'm waving the white flag. The problem is the somewhat lack of variety of enemies, your own equipment, very similar starting stages, no unlocks other than characters and harder episodes and of course luck now and then. There is a lot of ways to manipulate dice, but most of the time you want more damage or cooler effects. It's a strong 7/10 game for sure but is pretty flawed and all. Well worth it in a bundle and worth it for around $6-7 I think. Not enough variety for a rogue lite game though. Still very decent, but yeah I had my fun with it.

Bunch of PC Game Pass stuff got announced today. Among them:

- Today -- Rage 2, Age of Empires II Definitive Editon, Hearts of Iron IV, Talos Principle, Tracks: The Train Set Game

- Holiday -- Darksiders 3, The Red Strings Club, Vambrace: Cold Soul, The Escapists 2, Halo Reach (December 3), My Friend Pedro

- 2020 -- Yakuza 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2, a bunch of Final Fantasy games from VII to XV (no VI or earlier games), Streets of Rage 4, lots more

*screams in Age of Wonders - Planetfall for consoles only*
Remnant of the Ashes, too. Life is Strange 2 and Witcher 3 will also be console only when they arrived next month. I'm a huge fan of the service so far and I'm more than satisfied with the content added up to this point, but PC Game Pass is clearly second fiddle to Xbox GP.

I'm glad Yakuza is headed to GP.. more players will be able to access & appreciate different kind of games. GJ, sega.

You were just too much of a sheep to know better and just take any information you're taught as fact without critically thinking about it.
My critical thinking skillz determine you to be a worthless alt account. Take your clown act to the gs thread or something.

I have over 50 free games on Epic now.

If they were less cheap it would be over 100!

Bastards.
I don't know what's worse - that you secretly asked Yanni Cappuccino at Groupees to dig up dirt on Tim Sweeney so you could pressure him into giving away more games, or that your plan didn't work.

I don’t think I’ve played any of the freebies from EPIC on EPIC, but then again they mostly give you games I’ve had kicking around in my Steam library for years...

Still haven't played anything from EPIC either though I claim everything. Only one I was thinking of buying was Cardpocalypse and that's coming to consoles soon, so will just get it when it comes out there.

Bunch of PC Game Pass stuff got announced today. Among them:

- Today -- Rage 2, Age of Empires II Definitive Editon, Hearts of Iron IV, Talos Principle, Tracks: The Train Set Game

- Holiday -- Darksiders 3, The Red Strings Club, Vambrace: Cold Soul, The Escapists 2, Halo Reach (December 3), My Friend Pedro

- 2020 -- Yakuza 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2, a bunch of Final Fantasy games from VII to XV (no VI or earlier games), Streets of Rage 4, lots more
so far i've neglected to pick up game pass but there's a lot of pretty new games on there that i want to play, rage/kiwami 2/final fantasy games/pedro are pretty solid adds

tbh i was gonna pick it up for outer worlds in and of itself at some point, service is a steal

<p>

Gamersgate Deals:

Hitman 2 (base-game only) - Steam key = 75% off @ $15

Hitman 2: Gold Edition - Steam key = 75% off @ $25
This Gold Edition includes the following Hitman 2 content:

• Hitman 2 (base-game)
  • Hitman 2: Expansion 1
  • Hitman 2: Expansion 2
  • Hitman 2: Executive Pack
Hitman 2 is super fun if you don't have it but I recommend if it's on sale picking up either the legacy pack or hitman 2016 game of the year edition. (This gives legacy content free in Hitman 2)

Be aware hitman 2 after December will be in what appears to be EOL and some modders are waiting for that time to release mods that allow you to play all elusive targets again but if you don't want to put all your faith in that IoI has said they will be rereleasing all elusive targets one more time.

Lastly hitman 3 is planned to be the final part of this trilogy and should function the same as hitman 2 meaning everything you own should transfer and be playable in hitman 3 with any of their new mechanics.

Hitman 2 is super fun if you don't have it but I recommend if it's on sale picking up either the legacy pack or hitman 2016 game of the year edition. (This gives legacy content free in Hitman 2)

Be aware hitman 2 after December will be in what appears to be EOL and some modders are waiting for that time to release mods that allow you to play all elusive targets again but if you don't want to put all your faith in that IoI has said they will be rereleasing all elusive targets one more time.

Lastly hitman 3 is planned to be the final part of this trilogy and should function the same as hitman 2 meaning everything you own should transfer and be playable in hitman 3 with any of their new mechanics.
I already have Hitman 1 (2016). I don't have Patient Zero DLC though.

I liked Hitman 1 a lot. Big fan of the series. My favorite Hitman games (so far) in the series are Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Hitman: Blood Money.

I did move all the Hitman 1 Legacy Packs over to Hitman 2, right when they launched the Legacy thing.

I don't have any of the new Hitman 2 content...yet.

Quickie thoughts on Slay the Spire inspired Deck of Ashes currently in early access with about 100 minutes of play time.

I am a sucker for Slay the Spire inspired games. Most aren't too great. I know this is early access, but I can say I wasn't as crazy about Deck of Ashes.

The main quirk of this game is the ash system, I believe it's called, where you play cards for a certain amount of energy. Once it is played it doesn't go into back into your deck. You keep playing cards until it isn't possible to refresh, and you have a move that deals damage to yourself and returns so many random cards back into your deck. You have to make sure you can defeat your enemies while not hurting yourself too much. When you beat a fight you usually get some resources and are allowed to refresh a certain amount of cards equal to your resting points or such. These points also heal you,so you have to balance getting cards back into your deck and staying alive.

It sounds interesting but gets repetitive far too quickly. Between battles you can go around Heroes of Might and Magic style and fight more battles, find recipes for cards that can be bought at the camp, have events, get resources every few turns (for upgrading your camp), and a few other things. There are also dungeons you can go into which are explorable and mainly consist of treasures and fights. With every move a big baddie gets ready to fight you, and when they awake you must fight them. I mentioned before there is a camp which you can buy healing, rest and refresh cards, upgrade the camp, and get new cards. This all seems pretty unpolished though and the movement is not clean. Also playing cards feels clunkier than Slay the Spire. There are multiple heroes and events such as Halloween to spice the game up. The graphics are pretty good in battles looking like a less spiffy Darkest Dungeon. Sounds are very standard.

Overall I feel it needs work and the gameplay loop is kind of boring. The levels after beating the bosses seem samey. There is a lot of micro management overall and it just ends up feeling clunky. Deck of Ashes gets a 6/10 from me and I only recommend if getting in a bundle. I refunded the game.

*screams in Age of Wonders - Planetfall for consoles only*

Remnant of the Ashes, too. Life is Strange 2 and Witcher 3 will also be console only when they arrived next month. I'm a huge fan of the service so far and I'm more than satisfied with the content added up to this point, but PC Game Pass is clearly second fiddle to Xbox GP.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the announcement indicated that Planetfall and some of those other titles WILL be coming to the PC pass--just a bit later.

Company of Heroes 2 is currently free again on Steam if you didn't grab it the last time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/Company_of_Heroes_2/

I already own it so I can't see how much time is left. Thanks for the Heads up.
Free to keep when you get it before Nov 17 @ 1:00pm. Some limitations apply. (?) (While supplies last. Games granted during free-to-keep promotions do not drop Steam Trading Cards.)

Thanks for the Heads up.

Just finished Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. I love everything about it except for the combat, but that’s because I’m a gaming difficulty pansy. I’m sure people who love difficult combat will be fine. Took me about 14 hours playing pretty much just the main story content on the default difficulty, which was 2 out of 4. After getting my teeth kicked in for about a half hour at the final boss I dropped it down to story difficulty so I wouldn’t break my controller or my monitor.

Played it on Origin Premier so I could run through it for $15 instead of $60. I’m not the kind of person to play story games through multiple times so these subscription programs are great for one offs. I did the same with Outer Worlds on Game Pass which cost me a whopping $1 for a good 12 hours of gameplay.

Just finished Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. I love everything about it except for the combat, but that’s because I’m a gaming difficulty pansy. I’m sure people who love difficult combat will be fine. Took me about 14 hours playing pretty much just the main story content on the default difficulty, which was 2 out of 4. After getting my teeth kicked in for about a half hour at the final boss I dropped it down to story difficulty so I wouldn’t break my controller or my monitor.

Played it on Origin Premier so I could run through it for $15 instead of $60. I’m not the kind of person to play story games through multiple times so these subscription programs are great for one offs. I did the same with Outer Worlds on Game Pass which cost me a whopping $1 for a good 12 hours of gameplay.
I keep thinking about how funny it's going to be when Google Stadia finally launches. Everyone is signed up for cheaper services already.

I keep thinking about how funny it's going to be when Google Stadia finally launches. Everyone is signed up for cheaper services already.
I'm sure Project XCloud probably doesn't help, either.

Stadia just keeps looking worse and worse as the launch gets closer.

i'm gonna be one of those hopeful idiots that want at least the concept to succeed in one form or another. play any game, on any device, at the touch of a button. whether it's stadia, xcloud, or geforce now, the premise intrigues me.

on a side note, my steam account is sweet 16 today. when that launched, i was like, "I need another program to play my games?" but then i realized, "I don't need my cd's anymore!" game changer.

Biggest gaming news of the year....

Path of Exile 2
And all your stuff carries over... I need to play this game more than I have.

https://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exile-2-announced-but-its-not-a-separate-game/

I'm sure Project XCloud probably doesn't help, either.

And a lot of Stadia's features aren't even going to ship at launch... Its going to be a complete clusterfuck. There was actually a thread about the Division 2 and Stadia on reddit the other day. Take a game with poorish netcode and add even more lag to it and it. There's some really obvious/naive people running around as some see this as a legitimate option.

(Speaking of the Division I finally got my Merciless to drop the other day. yay me!)

With a little over 39h, after last night, The Outer Worlds (PC / Xbox for PC Game Pass) is now in the books as completed, after my first playthrough.

For the most part, it was great. The decision-making, role-playing, gameplay, gunplay, combat, the flaws/perk system, the actual technical performance of the game on my system, and everything was great.

Like Mass Effect 2, The Outer Worlds has one minor problem: there really wasn't a fully developed or established bad guy to battle at the end, in the grand scheme of things. This isn't a major problem, though - as this is really one of my very minor complaints of the game; especially since pretty much everything else about this game was fantastic.

Easy GOTY Nomination from me...and likely, My Personal Pick for 2019 GOTY, as long as nothing else spectacular gets played and/or finished by December 31st, 2019.

Took me about 15 min to be glad I didn't purchase Rage 2 on launch.  It is that same floaty movement that I hated in Doom and Half-Life 2.  Something about it just drives me bonkers.

bread's done
Back