Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood Dragon and POP Forgotten Sands. I may have kept the installer files somewhere, just thought that maybe Uplay could recognize the already installed files since every other client can.
That happened to me once after migrating HDDs and I had to re-input the key. After that it was able to find the game again. GRFS was the issue for me.

That happened to me once after migrating HDDs and I had to re-input the key. After that it was able to find the game again. GRFS was the issue for me.
For those games it just shows a Download button instead of a Play button. For all my Steam Ubisoft games it shows a Play button. So apparently the client is capable of searching out games on your system, just not games you bought from them.

For those games it just shows a Download button instead of a Play button. For all my Steam Ubisoft games it shows a Play button. So apparently the client is capable of searching out games on your system, just not games you bought from them.
One thing that happened to me recently (I assume after an update to the client) was that the default install path changed in the settings. Some of my downloads were installed in a /Ubisoft Game Launcher/games folder inside of my normal Uplay folder. The separation annoyed me, so I relocated them to the parent folder with the rest of the games, but Uplay couldn't find them (I guess due to registry errors), so I just redownloaded them where I wanted.

Nobody ever cared that much about me, anyways.

So, really - what's the difference?

{shrug}
Jesus, that's dark. I mean I don't care enough about you to take a bullet for you or anything, but I'd hang out with you, bro.

That said, I definitely know how you feel. Hope you feel better.

Would it help if I talked to you in-depth about the many benefits of DRM?

I don't doubt anyone else's experiences but you people have had about a bajillion times more trouble with Uplay than I ever have.
I've never had an issue with Uplay. Their website kind of sucks, but the client has been fine for me.

Also, #FAKECAG alert, I just bought some cosmetic DLC for Sleeping Dogs and the XP boosts because it will help me get some of the achievements easier (the XP Boosts).

Man, I was hoping some other dumbass had posted about this so I didnt look like such a dumbass.

Which Sleeping Dogs DLCs are most essential?

Jesus, that's dark. I mean I don't care enough about you to take a bullet for you or anything, but I'd hang out with you, bro.
Appreciate the kindness.

Though, I'm also not normally the outgoing + "social butterfly" kinda guy.

That said, I definitely know how you feel. Hope you feel better.

Would it help if I talked to you in-depth about the many benefits of DRM?
Eh, I'm fine.

At least I think I am - ATM, for the time being.

I'm moody like that.

EDIT:

Man, I was hoping some other dumbass had posted about this so I didnt look like such a dumbass.

Could really go for another 90% off-plus glitch on SD content deal. ;)

Also, #FAKECAG alert, I just bought some cosmetic DLC for Sleeping Dogs and the XP boosts because it will help me get some of the achievements easier (the XP Boosts).
Just a heads up if anybody is buying Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point DLC.

It is $1.25 (75% off) at GamersGate vs. $1.39 (80% off) on Steam, due to GG having a lower MSRP ($4.99 vs Steam's $6.99).

So if you're not buying it with Gabenbux, head over to GG to save a few cents.

As for the rest of the DLC, Steam has them cheaper.

The DLCs which add some story/missions are Year of the Snake, Nightmare in North Poiint, Zodiac Tournament, Wheels of Fury (side missions, nice car), and the Swat Pack (police missions). The rest are pretty much cosmetic.

Just a heads up if anybody is buying Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point DLC.

It is $1.25 (75% off) at GamersGate vs. $1.39 (80% off) on Steam, due to GG having a lower MSRP ($4.99 vs Steam's $6.99).

So if you're not buying it with Gabenbux, head over to GG to save a few cents.

As for the rest of the DLC, Steam has them cheaper.

The DLCs which add some story/missions are Year of the Snake, Nightmare in North Poiint, Zodiac Tournament, Wheels of Fury (side missions, nice car), and the Swat Pack (police missions). The rest are pretty much cosmetic.
Cheers, big ears ;)

GG has lower MSRP? WTF!
28513377646ba5ecd6622f6247f603fcb5d49b3a359cef4f5b3eae07f9691dff.jpg

None. Having played the base game (thanks Waggles) I can honestly say... none. Or, at least, the base game is sufficiently long that I don't have a huge desire to play any 2-3 hour DLC.

I'm completely undecided whether to get any SD DLC or not, and if so which DLC.

So I guess I'll sleep on it.

GEDDIT?!?!?

SLEEP on it ... cos it's SLEEPing Dogs.

Man, I'm funny. =P

Unless they changed it recently the story/mission DLC (NiNP and YotS) for Sleeping Dogs takes place in an alternate dimension where none of your cars/clothes/upgrades carry over from the main story. I believe for the Kungfu tournament one, you travel from a boat in the main story to get to that, so you get to keep your clothes/upgrades. I think one of the SWAT/police DLCs will let you play repeatable "cop" missions where you basically cruise around in a police vehicle until you get a call for a crime-in-progress and get paid (iirc) a measly sum of money. Also some of the cosmetic outfits give you special bonuses when you wear them, so there's that.

Right: for patching, downloading, and reinstalling - in general, Steam is easier to deal with.

UPlay gives you game-file installers (for usually earliest version). And you want to download ALL of their patch-installer files from their website, too. It's way more old-school. They need to overhaul this stuff like Steam + Origin did.
Does Uplay not do patching at all?

Appreciate the kindness.

Though, I'm also not normally the outgoing + "social butterfly" kinda guy.

Eh, I'm fine.

At least I think I am - ATM, for the time being.

I'm moody like that.

EDIT:

Could really go for another 90% off-plus glitch on SD content deal. ;)
I didn't figure you as a social butterfly, tbh. S'okay, we don't have to talk, I can just admire your retail collection.

Well, okay, I hope you get over whatever funk you're in for the moment.

are you a social bobbyfly sorta guy
Are you calling me some sort of insect, punk? :p

Bobbyfly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI-Fg9chJzM
Welp, I know what I'm watching tonight. Thanks for the inspiration ashes.

Does Uplay not do patching at all?
No.

Normally, each game upon booting might look for the patch.

Then, it'll DL the patch-file installer somewhere (maybe to Temp folder? I don't know) and want to install it.

Personally - I'd rather get the patch-files from UbiSoft's support page, links to them from forums, FTP, or wherever they have them - just so I can save and keep the patch file (installers).

Again - this is something really that UPlay should mainstream like Steam and Origin did.

No.

Normally, each game upon booting might look for the patch.

Then, it'll DL the patch-file installer somewhere (maybe to Temp folder? I don't know) and want to install it.

Personally - I'd rather get the patch-files from UbiSoft's support page, links to them from forums, FTP, or wherever they have them - just so I can save and keep the patch file (installers).

Again - this is something really that UPlay should mainstream like Steam and Origin did.
I prefer Steam + Uplay Lite

I didn't figure you as a social butterfly, tbh. S'okay, we don't have to talk, I can just admire your retail collection.

Well, okay, I hope you get over whatever funk you're in for the moment.
I can be social - but normally when that does occur...it takes me knowing someone for a while, being comfortable around them, and being comfortable in whatever the actual environment is.

Well, it's either that and/or a few drinks.

Those things seem to do the trick to make me more out-going and less uptight.

Okay, so the Sleeping Dogs Collection on Steam is apparently missing some DLCs that are in the DLC Collection.

Since I have far too much time on my hands at the moment, here's the DLCs that are missing from the $8 Collection that includes the base game, and how much they cost, so you can decide which collection is right for you.

Deep Undercover Pack - $0.59 (Included in the Dragon Master Pack -> http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18089/?cc=us , which is $1.59)

GSP Pack - $0.59 (Included in the Dragon Master Pack)

Martial Arts Pack - $0.59 (Included in the Dragon Master Pack)

Police Protection Pack - $0.59 (Included in the Dragon Master Pack)

Drunken Fist Pack - $0.39

Gangland Style Pack - $0.39

Law Enforcer Pack - $0.39

Nightmare in North Point - $1.39 ($1.25 at Gamersgate -> http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-SDNNPP/sleeping-dogs-nightmare-in-north-point-pack) This is one of the main DLCs

Square Enix Character Pack - $0.39

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cost of Sleeping Dogs Collection + Missing DLC at cheapest prices = $12.39

Cost of Sleeping Dogs Base + DLC Collection = $10.98

Edit: Steam is a liar liar pants on fire.

Trials Fusion does actually update via uPlay client. But only when you launch it, no automatically.

uPlay does something weird and when it downloads something I can't do anything else on internet.

Using bandwith limiter causes uPlay to have whopping 10% CPU-usage (6 core / 12 threads Intel Extreme CPU). Without it

Unless they changed it recently the story/mission DLC (NiNP and YotS) for Sleeping Dogs takes place in an alternate dimension where none of your cars/clothes/upgrades carry over from the main story. I believe for the Kungfu tournament one, you travel from a boat in the main story to get to that, so you get to keep your clothes/upgrades. I think one of the SWAT/police DLCs will let you play repeatable "cop" missions where you basically cruise around in a police vehicle until you get a call for a crime-in-progress and get paid (iirc) a measly sum of money. Also some of the cosmetic outfits give you special bonuses when you wear them, so there's that.
Nightmare in North Point is okay but it's pretty strange and only tangentially connected to the rest of the game. It's the obligatory "zombie" DLC.

Year of the Snake is crap. It takes place after the main game where you've been busted down to a beat cop and you have none of your upgrades or outfits from the game. The story isn't even too compelling.

Zodiac Tournament looks and plays like a parody of Enter the Dragon. It's great and I highly recommend it.

Wheels of Fury is the other mission DLC; you do five missions relating to a prototype James Bond supercar and you get to keep it at the end. I also recommend this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back