Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
By gameplay, do you mean the combat? Because there's mods for that.
unless it completely overhauls the games core mechanics i dont think it would do much for me. also the world isnt one i have the desire to lose myself in for 30+ hours...it just feels dull

After forcing myself through the Witcher 1 late last year, I booted up Witcher 2 hoping it'd be better...I played for about three hours. I just can't get into these games. Gameplay is extremely unappealing, and the story really doesn't do anything for me. It's just not all that interesting.
Witcher 1 is far superior (which isn't saying much), 2 is dreadful piece of dumbed down crap. You've played the best of the series, I'd move on to greener pastures.

What's good about it? I would consider buying it but I've owned Metro 2033 for years and never touched it. :(
Metro 2033 + Metro: Last Light are both very atmospheric (takes place in a destroyed Russia); story-driven (the story's really good); and a very intense horror FPS. The shootouts in these games are always awesome + freaking intense. You definitely want to play this game in the dark, w/ the lights out, and w/ the sound cranked-up.

You need to switch out filters in your gas-mask when you're above-ground; and replace your gas-mask if it gets broken. This is one of those elements that also will put you on edge. Much of these game takes place in the subways beneath Russia's surface, where most of the humans have retreated to - since the surface is pretty much overrun from destruction and monsters. Pretty much - this game's all about survival, from the aftermath of the destruction of most of Russia. If monsters weren't bad enough, you also have to deal w/ humans...who are metaphorically monsters in their own way.

If you want a PC game that's technically drop-dead gorgeous + will likely bring your PC to your knees (you might have to drop some settings down - and even then, it's still technically great-looking) - yeah, you need to play both games.

If this all sounds like your cup of tea....seriously - go play Metro 2033. It's awesome.

And you should play Metro 2033 before Metro: LL, anyways - since it's a continuation; and it will refer to certain things that happened from the first game (Metro 2033).

EDIT:

If you dug STALKER games (some of the ex-STALKER dev's from GSC went to 4A to work on these Metro games) and wanted something more linear, why are you even listening to me and reading what I type? Go play Metro 2033.

I'm a delightful mammal with exquisite taste.
For some unknown reason, this made me picture Mooby as a manatee.

0254_d7b0.jpeg

Daily Deal
Magicka Collection - $39.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

[/customspoiler]
Oh happy day!

After forcing myself through the Witcher 1 late last year, I booted up Witcher 2 hoping it'd be better...I played for about three hours. I just can't get into these games. Gameplay is extremely unappealing, and the story really doesn't do anything for me. It's just not all that interesting.
You are a miserable primate. Just kidding, you are correct: Witcher 2's combat sucks. Be thankful you didn't get to the QTE boss fight.

Re: Metro series. Tried to get into both of them but I found the excessive scripting and frequent breaks between action annoying. There are some good stretches but they are few and far in between

You are a miserable primate. Just kidding, you are correct: Witcher 2's combat sucks. Be thankful you didn't get to the QTE boss fight.
After I spent more time in the first 3 hours watching cutscenes and doing fist fight qtes than i did actually playing the game, I was getting tired of it...then the game bugged out and wouldn't let me exit a shop, which gave me the perfect excuse to quit.

The second is much more story focused and the writing is actually pretty good.  But the poor combat ruined it for me.  That and the bizarre decision to 'Diablo-fy' it with all those crafting materials and marginal armor/weapon/item upgrades.

wutevar. gamebryo is the best engine evar

also, the fact that mooby and bruticus are the only people who came out and agreed with me that the witcher 2 isnt that good is making me re evaluate some of my life choices...when did i become so cynical?!?

also, the fact that mooby and bruticus are the only people who came out and agreed with me that the witcher 2 isnt that good is making me re evaluate some of my life choices...when did i become so cynical?!?
So, wait - what do you like for RPG's then...?

If you dug STALKER games (some of the ex-STALKER dev's from GSC went to 4A to work on these Metro games) and wanted something more linear, why are you even listening to me and reading what I type? Go play Metro 2033.
That's the real takeaway. If you enjoyed the general feel of the Stalker games (Soviet/Russian post-apocalypse), you'll likely enjoy Metro provided its more liner style and breaking up the bang-bang parts with story-telling doesn't bother you. Last Light is mechanically superior to 2033 in my opinion but both were good games. While playing 2033 isn't a requirement for Last Light, you do play the same character and the game is a real continuation of the plot.

unless you've been cursed with a microdong i'd think there are other reasons besides the illegality of it that you're unable to satiate your deviant avian desires
Well if you have a larger member then there's always alpaca fucking.

*raises hand* Me too. I wanted to like Witcher 2 and it was supposed to be the savior of RPGs once Bioware started going downhill but honestly I think they went too far into the action game area and catered too much to the masses Also it had one of the most hideous UIs ever. I liked the first one a lot better. It was kind of funky and wonky but it had character.

PS - Gamebryo is a huge pain in the ass, old as dirt and needs to die in a fire.

Metro 2033 + Metro: Last Light are both very atmospheric (takes place in a destroyed Russia); story-driven (the story's really good); and a very intense horror FPS. The shootouts in these games are always awesome + freaking intense. You definitely want to play this game in the dark, w/ the lights out, and w/ the sound cranked-up.

You need to switch out filters in your gas-mask when you're above-ground; and replace your gas-mask if it gets broken. This is one of those elements that also will put you on edge. Much of these game takes place in the subways beneath Russia's surface, where most of the humans have retreated to - since the surface is pretty much overrun from destruction and monsters. Pretty much - this game's all about survival, from the aftermath of the destruction of most of Russia. If monsters weren't bad enough, you also have to deal w/ humans...who are metaphorically monsters in their own way.

If you want a PC game that's technically drop-dead gorgeous + will likely bring your PC to your knees (you might have to drop some settings down - and even then, it's still technically great-looking) - yeah, you need to play both games.

If this all sounds like your cup of tea....seriously - go play Metro 2033. It's awesome.

And you should play Metro 2033 before Metro: LL, anyways - since it's a continuation; and it will refer to certain things that happened from the first game (Metro 2033).

EDIT:

I am convinced. Let me know when complete edition is $5 and I'll try to play 2033 in the meantime. :p

Gamebryo is indeed a terrible engine for action games (works fine for tower defense or strategy games).  Forced me to abandon Divinity 2.

The second is much more story focused and the writing is actually pretty good. But the poor combat ruined it for me. That and the bizarre decision to 'Diablo-fy' it with all those crafting materials and marginal armor/weapon/item upgrades.
2 is more story-driven and CD Projekt RED went out of its way to ensure that your decisions in the game really made a difference in the way the story unfolded in much more dramatic ways than your average BioWare title, where, let's be honest, binary options are pretty much all they do. While I'll agree that the combat felt a little too twitchy, especially in comparison to the timing-based attacks of the original game, it was still a great RPG. I'm excited about 3.

On unrelated notes, these two things happened in the same week:

I emailed Chronic Logic support about getting a Steam key for Kingdom Elemental, which I had purchased back in 2009 from Direct2drive (sent a copy of my account record showing it on GameFly). I received a response later in the day basically saying that I should contact the site about it.

vkX3Cn0.png

So. . . does anyone know a good corporate medium who can contact Direct2drive for me from beyond the grave?

And then this happened: I emailed Meridian4 support about getting a Steam key for Iron Storm, and I got two separate emails on separate days with different Steam keys.

I'm not sure why I was shocked that Meridian4 support was vastly superior to an indie dev's, but I genuinely was.

2 is more story-driven and CD Projekt RED went out of its way to ensure that your decisions in the game really made a difference in the way the story unfolded in much more dramatic ways than your average BioWare title, where, let's be honest, binary options are pretty much all they do. While I'll agree that the combat felt a little too twitchy, especially in comparison to the timing-based attacks of the original game, it was still a great RPG. I'm excited about 3.

On unrelated notes, these two things happened in the same week:

I emailed Chronic Logic support about getting a Steam key for Kingdom Elemental, which I had purchased back in 2009 from Direct2drive (sent a copy of my account record showing it on GameFly). I received a response later in the day basically saying that I should contact the site about it.

vkX3Cn0.png

So. . . does anyone know a good corporate medium who can contact Direct2drive for me from beyond the grave?

And then this happened: I emailed Meridian4 support about getting a Steam key for Iron Storm, and I got two separate emails on separate days with different Steam keys.

I'm not sure why I was shocked that Meridian4 support was vastly superior to an indie dev's, but I genuinely was.
D2D is own by GameFly so try them?

For everyone who grabbed the Groupees Shiny loot Bundle with Dark Scavenger in it, the keys are up on Shiny Loot. And I do mean "keys", as in 2 steam keys and 2 brand new desura keys were in my account.

For everyone who grabbed the Groupees Shiny loot Bundle with Dark Scavenger in it, the keys are up on Shiny Loot. And I do mean "keys", as in 2 steam keys and 2 brand new desura keys were in my account.
What? I just checked and there was nothing. :wall:

Did you spoder my keys? :p

I got 4 Steam Keys and 4 Desura keys. I'm not quite sure what I should do.

Could they revoke if I decide to use the extras?

Edit: Nevermind page refreshed and all extras are gone.

Last edited:
D2D is own by GameFly so try them?
Good luck with that considering GameFly is probably the company that left him high and dry in the first place. I know when GameFly took over, I lost access to 11 games that I'd previously purchased from D2D.
Gamefly has a rep who regularly posts on Reddit so you could try him.

http://www.reddit.com/user/ChainChomp12

Or else their support I guess.

I know if I login to Gamefly and go to My Account, then Purchase History it goes all the way back to the Direct2Drive days and I can click through on the order #s to bring up an invoice complete with working download links and/or Steam keys.

OTOH I have not heard of Gamefly ever adding Steam keys to the accounts of existing owners after the fact when those games get on to Steam, but perhaps if he did send them they could be sitting on them and make them available upon request like Indie Gala has done a couple of times.

*Edited to add: You know that Steam keys for that game are $1.49 on Indie Gala with 6 other games, right? Yes, yes, I know this is CAG. I just thought I would point that out.

What? I just checked and there was nothing. :wall:

Did you spoder my keys? :p
2509044-1655956166-sneak.jpg

Maybe they caught the glitch before distributing to everyone. I only just read a post from someone on the game's steam forum that claimed to get extras so I thought I'd check. Lucky I did.

I got 4 Steam Keys and 4 Desura keys. I'm not quite sure what I should do.

Could they revoke if I decide to use the extras?

Edit: Nevermind page refreshed and all extras are gone.
That's a bummer, maybe they really did catch it. For what it's worth, the extra keys in my account are still there.

2509044-1655956166-sneak.jpg

Maybe they caught the glitch before distributing to everyone. I only just read a post from someone on the game's steam forum that claimed to get extras so I thought I'd check. Lucky I did.

That's a bummer, maybe they really did catch it. For what it's worth, the extra keys in my account are still there.
I didn't have any Steam keys at all until about an hour ago, and it's just the one. Guess they didn't like me enough to give me multiples.

About time the keys got added though, time for an easy 10 pence. :p

Dark Scavenger looks awesome. Someone should sell me a key on the cheep-cheep.

Here's some free keys. Especially the horror title. I won't touch it with a bazillion-foot pole.

Threadspace: Hyperbol

HLR2K-MH35Z-DCC6K

Jolly Rover (this is such a fun game)

HNGK3-0TF7F-3TFPN

Scary game title something like Black Soul

HKHPT-YH32F-9QP6G

Thanks for the heads up Squirrel The Sifu, I just picked up D3 and RoS for $19.99 and $29.99 respectively (Target). Though, I feel plenty dirty spending that much money and didn't even get a +1 to my Steam count.

@Kitty and anyone else who been following Diablo III games and any Blizzard game pricing (retail boxes)

Guys, did you check your Target weekly ad flyers?

Target has Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PC (expansion) [retail box] for $29.99 + FREE Shipping (if bought online):

http://www.target.com/p/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-expansion-set-pc-game/-/A-15125814#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=diablo

Now that I'm buying this yet or anything - but has this the cheaper it has been?

Also, other Blizzard titles are 50% off at Target - according to their flyer (Stoughton, MA flyer):

http://weeklyad.target.com/stoughton-ma-02072/pages?code=Target-140518#12-13

Diablo II PC (base game) is listed at $19.99 online, but they're out online.

http://www.target.com/p/diablo-3-pc-games/-/A-13897513#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=diablo+3

Y'all might wanna check your Target flyers, online site and local B&M stores, if you looking for Blizzard stuff on sale.

Thanks for the heads up Squirrel, I just picked up D3 and RoS for $19.99 and $29.99 respectively (Target). Though, I feel plenty dirty spending that much money and didn't even get a +1 to my Steam count.
Dammit - ninja'd by Neuro!

Did you see Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC) on sale at your Target?

Reg, after. I saw the box out of the corner of my eye along with the sale tag on the shelf, but can't say if the box was in the correct location as I didn't read the price tag beyond the actual price.
Thanks for the info.

EDIT:

I think the cheapest StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC) was $10 at Microsoft Store + FREE Shipping once - which I miss'd out on.

EDIT 2:

Just called my local Target (Stoughton, MA) - yep, $19.99 for it.

I can wait...

Good news everyone. Got an update regarding Steam keys if you bought Data Hacker Corruption from DailyIndieGame.com :

[SIZE=10pt]Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:30 AM
To: DailyIndieGame.com
Subject: Re: DailyIndieGame contact form (Steam Key for Data Hacker Corruption)[/SIZE]

Hi there,

Yeah, if we get Greenlit, everyone is welcome to a free Steam key! This goes for everyone, regardless of where the purchase was made :)

Ross
NRG

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back