Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how I feel about that thing. They took a downloader program that admittedly everyone hated that acted as DRM but was at least small and fairly unobtrustive and forced it into yet another big bloated client that no one asked for or wants.

They already failed at the whole 'trade-in' angle they were pushing so as much as they want to be the next Steam I don't see it happening.

Apparently they also still sell boxed stuff in England because, Europe. But they have to know their bread and butter is Steam keys, with maybe the occasional Origin or Uplay key if they are running a decent pre-order discount on some big upcoming title.

And then we have Direct2Drive which seems to suck worse than Gamefly or the old D2D. Their sorting is horrendous and they sent me a code for 10% off of $40 or more and acted like that was such special hot shit.

To be honest, I think Valve is a fat lazy hot ass mess and they clearly aren't even trying that hard with sales anymore but they get away with it because everyone who tries to compete with them is just so much more full of FAIL.

Not sure how I feel about that thing. They took a downloader program that admittedly everyone hated that acted as DRM but was at least small and fairly unobtrustive and forced it into yet another big bloated client that no one asked for or wants.

And then we have Direct2Drive which seems to suck worse than Gamefly or the old D2D. Their sorting is horrendous and they sent me a code for 10% off of $40 or more and acted like that was such special hot shit.
I haven't tried it, but I don't like the thought of the new one. The old Crapsule Client was ideal for what it was.

Direct2Drive is off the map now. Their Xmas "sales" sucked so bad that they lost their spot on CheapShark to Games Rocket (who?). Oh new, GGG lost their spot to Uplay.

Uplay oddly enough is slowly starting to get some decent deals. The main thing with them is that they really need to list the god damned DRM and not force us to play Sherlock Holmes. But at least they run some halfway decent deals on stuff besides their own, unlike EA.

I think they are losing out on some sales though because I always see people on Reddit assuming everything they sell has UPlay DRM, even the non-Ubi stuff.

If anyone still wants Space Rangers for $5 it's still that price on UPlay. And yes it's Steamworks in spite of UPlay's shitty store page not noting it.

Their sale ends tomorrow but probably on some weird European time so soon.
Double confirm it's a Steam key. Thanks!

Uplay oddly enough is slowly starting to get some decent deals. The main thing with them is that they really need to list the god damned DRM and not force us to play Sherlock Holmes. But at least they run some halfway decent deals on stuff besides their own, unlike EA.

I think they are losing out on some sales though because I always see people on Reddit assuming everything they sell has UPlay DRM, even the non-Ubi stuff.
For Uplay store, I usually take the rule of searching the DRM on Gamersgate. I can't say it is 100% guaranteed but is usually a good method to know also the locks.

Daily Deal
How To Survive $14.99 $1.49 (90% off)

All the various DLC/game packages are on sale as well. Beware x3 Pack contains Kenji, Abby, and Jack -- so don't go slapping that ADD ALL DLC TO CART button!

Today's Deal:

How To Survive - All content = 90% off

How To Survive (base-game) = $1.49

All DLC's = 90% off each.

How To Survive - Dead Summer Days Bundle for August '14 = $1.69

Contains the following:

• How To Survive (base-game)
  • Heat Wave - Abby's Pack DLC
  • Heat Wave - Jack's Pack DLC
  • Heat Wave - Kenji's Pack DLC
  • Hello My Name Is Nina DLC
  • Kovac's Way DLC

How To Survive - Storm Warning Edition = $1.99

Contains the following:

• How To Survive (base-game)
  • Barricade DLC
  • El Diablo Islands - Host DLC
  • Heat Wave DLC 3x Pack (with Abby's Pack, Jack's Pack, and Kenji's Pack DLC's)
  • Hello My Name Is Nina DLC
  • Kovac's Way DLC
  • One Shot Escape DLC

EDIT:

Ninja'd by Hal.

Very true. I know it's not supposed to be great, but I'm still tempted by that Adventure Time game which didn't get a discount during the Steam sale and is now at an all time low at Ubi's shop.

Also, the Uplay 15 Days event is still going on, where you can check every day to find a small piece of unlockable content for Ubisoft games.

For Uplay store, I usually take the rule of searching the DRM on Gamersgate. I can't say it is 100% guaranteed but is usually a good method to know also the locks.
Yes I do the same. 99% of the time if Gamersgate is selling something as Steamworks it's Steamworks everywhere. There's a couple of oddball exceptions like Morrowind and Oblivion, which Gamefly/D2D sell as non-Steam, but in the vast majority of cases it works.

Also, the Uplay 15 Days event is still going on, where you can check every day to find a small piece of unlockable content for Ubisoft games.
D'OH! I keep forgetting that. Thanks for the reminder. Already missed a ton of days though. :whistle2:o

I've actually been on Origin way more than UPlay lately, mostly because I really got into Dragon Age Inquisition, meanwhile this latest Assassin's Creed doesn't seem as appealing as the last one to me.

I enjoyed it, minus the save point system. I found myself just roaming around and doing misc stuff, crafting, etc and not realizing I hadn't gone to a checkpoint to save, then died. Rage quit and havent gone back.

Well, my mistake then.  I could have sworn I bought it as the daily (albeit it, the next day before the roll over).  Isthereanydeal's US pricing graph must be messed up since it shows the price spiking to $20 on the 21st.

2VDswul.png

Well, my mistake then. I could have sworn I bought it as the daily (albeit it, the next day before the roll over). Isthereanydeal's US pricing graph must be messed up since it shows the price spiking to $20 on the 21st.
Yeah it's messed up for me as well. I prefer SteamGameSales for price tracking, but the issue with SGS is that their search feature is broken so I have to use google to find anything on there.

Steam sales have gone from "Don't buy until last day unless it's a daily" to "Don't buy until a week after the sale".
All this pissing and moaning but no one mentioning the Saints Row 3 fiasco on the 2012 Summer Sale?

I have $3.99 for Storm Warning Edition in my Transaction log. Which would have been 80% off.

Edit: Isthereanydeal shows $3.99 as the low during the sale.
You're on probation.

Capture.jpg

Has anyone here played How To Survive yet?
If yes - any thoughts on it?
I had fun with it, even though I was playing with spoder who hogged all the good loot.

While the crafting is somewhat linear and limited, it's still pretty neat being able to make a machine gun out of scuba tanks and rubber bands.

For those that have followed How to Survive...  does it seem like it's going to end up like Magicka, where there's a new dlc every week and the complete packs aren't really complete and your head just fucking explodes when picking through the bullshit to see which garbage add on content you do and don't have?

I had fun with it, even though I was playing with spoder who hogged all the good loot.

While the crafting is somewhat linear and limited, it's still pretty neat being able to make a machine gun out of scuba tanks and rubber bands.
Game looks interesting enough, though I still haven't tried it yet. Since I must have gotten it from a bundle, having only base game, what I'm really curious about is whether any or all of the DLC is worthwhile.

Sure, it's all rather cheap, but looking at each one, I'm just not initially seeing much reason to want them.

Game looks interesting enough, though I still haven't tried it yet. Since I must have gotten it from a bundle, having only base game, what I'm really curious about is whether any or all of the DLC is worthwhile.

Sure, it's all rather cheap, but looking at each one, I'm just not initially seeing much reason to want them.
I played it with none of the DLC. I don't feel like I was ripped off or missed out on massive chunks of the game. Don't think I really needed more of the game either.

Kinda why I don't really care if I get the COMPLEAT versions or not. 99% of the time i'm not going to play a game to completion anyways.

Okay this is my #FirstWorldProblems for the day.

I HATE when developers and publishers add a kajillion fucking cards. No. Just no.

The rock bottom Valve/dev cut is two cents no matter what so it's bad enough when you're trying to move 3 or 4 at 12 cents to get 10 cents, but when you have like 8 fucking cards the value super royally sucks worse than usual so you end up having to sell them for 4 fucking cents and get two if you're lucky.

:headache:  :censored:  :bs:  :bomb:  :roll:  :twoguns:  :puke:  :whee:

D'OH! I keep forgetting that. Thanks for the reminder. Already missed a ton of days though. :whistle2:o
I got em all except for the first three days and I don't even know why I bother. It's been a mix of coupons, free 10pt uPlay rewards, and avatars/animated covers (wtf?) so they've all been pretty craptastic so far. Checking it each day is even more of a dissapointment than checking the deals each day of the Steam winter sale.

Okay this is my #FirstWorldProblems for the day.

I HATE when developers and publishers add a kajillion fucking cards. No. Just no.

The rock bottom Valve/dev cut is two cents no matter what so it's bad enough when you're trying to move 3 or 4 at 12 cents to get 10 cents, but when you have like 8 fucking cards the value super royally sucks worse than usual so you end up having to sell them for 4 fucking cents and get two if you're lucky.

:headache: :censored: :bs: :bomb: :roll: :twoguns: :puke: :whee:
Imagine that in euros. 0.02€ min fees...

0.02 RUB instead....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back