Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a cheaper way to get the Killing Floor DLC other than the complete pack that contains the base game? I don't see an inclusive DLC bundle.

Thanks!
They have mini DLC bundles at the bottom that include like all community items, all weapons, all chars. But in 3-4 separate bundles so I don't know if that ends up cheaper.

Welcome back my Bobbert.
Thanks Tom.

Is there a cheaper way to get the Killing Floor DLC other than the complete pack that contains the base game? I don't see an inclusive DLC bundle.

Thanks!
There seems to be a bunch of DLC bundles on Steam like this one. -> http://store.steampowered.com/sub/52349/

Thanks for the info, Tomas. I don't mind them using 3. Some of the games using 4 have looked like crap so I'd rather have a well made game on 3 than a rougher game on 4 just because it's the newest thing.
That's true. The only reason I'm surprised is because KF1 was such a long-term game. By the time KF2 dies out, UE5 will probably be a thing.

They have mini DLC bundles at the bottom that include like all community items, all weapons, all chars. But in 3-4 separate bundles so I don't know if that ends up cheaper.
Does not appear to be cheaper than the complete pack. I would go for the complete, but $17.49 for DLC for a game I got for $5 or less goes against my CAG sensibilities. I will hope once the sequel comes out, the first with all DLC will appear in a bundle.

Does not appear to be cheaper than the complete pack. I would go for the complete, but $17.49 for DLC for a game I got for $5 or less goes against my CAG sensibilities. I will hope once the sequel comes out, the first with all DLC will appear in a bundle.
Well the DLC is completely cosmetic. Just characters and weapon skins. They don't give you any added perks or strengthen your characters or anything. We buy the DLC to support the dev because we love the game and it was so cheap for how much we got out of it. So other than that, there really is no reason to buy the DLC. The game with some DLC was in a Groupees bundle a few years back so I don't doubt a complete version will show up in a bundle one day.

The first of many Steam "sale" go-fuck-yourselfs for me.

1115093.gif

Alright Time to post my First Steam Holiday Sale Haul !

McPixel | Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army | Mirror Mysteries | Woah Dave! | Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death | Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge | Toki Tori | Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection | Defy Gravity Extended | Puzzler World | Puzzler World 2 | GEARCRACK Arena | Dead Bits | Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf | Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 | Amnesia: The Dark Descent | Hotline Miami | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets | Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines | Sakura Spirit | Scoregasm | Bleed | Super Meat Boy | Poker Night 2 | Ghost Master® | Savant - Ascent | Squishy the Suicidal Pig | Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum | Runner2 - Good Friends Character Pack ( Got Gifted A Copy ) | Gundemonium Recollection | Shadowrun Returns | Q*bert: Rebooted | Metal Dead | Gunhound EX | Hitogata Happa | Fairy Bloom Freesia | Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION | Organ Trail: Director's Cut | Dead Pixels | Contagion | Ghostbusters: The Videogame | Hero Siege | Mercenary Kings |METAL SLUG X | METAL SLUG 3 | Faerie Solitaire | The Binding of Isaac | Platformines | //N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet | Retro/Grade | Alter Ego | Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord | Diehard Dungeon | Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 | GundeadliGne | Super House of Dead Ninjas

What do you think ? The Spoiler comments were hysterical . I only wish they had some C64 games ;)  . Would love to play Accolode Comics , Blueprint , Aliens and Maniac Mansion again ! Thank you to the Very Generous Cags who game me Steam / Desura Keys amd thanks to you for reading Happy New Year !

Hauls are basically the CAG Steam thread equivalent of

D9OiCWb.png

If there was one good thing about the HOPESDELETEDness of this past sale (okay two good things, no seasonals) it was mercifully few hauls and the ones there were were pathetically short.

I look forward to the post sale disappointment hauls where everyone lists what they bought that was bundled or cheaper right after the sale.

Hauls are basically the CAG Steam thread equivalent of...
I must be a rarity. I don't comb through them game-by-game or anything but they make a casual barometer for how robust the sales were for people. In any event, it's not as though they flood all the amazing content off the thread as the winter sale ends and the Steam thread struggles to remain on Page One.

Hauls are basically the CAG Steam thread equivalent of

D9OiCWb.png

If there was one good thing about the HOPESDELETEDness of this past sale (okay two good things, no seasonals) it was mercifully few hauls and the ones there were were pathetically short.
I like haul posts, provided they're formatted to be readable and they encompass less than twenty games. It's another barometer for what games people think are worth spending money on. I have to say I'd much rather read those than endless posts about DRM and indie dev drama.

Alright you guys like boring ass posts of long lists of shitty games that no one is going to play. I GET IT.

Maybe next time there's actually, you know, a good sale you might get your wish.

OK. By popular demand, my anti-climactic Holiday Steam Sale haul!!!

Gem Auction buys:

Majestic Nights
Helldorado
Descent: Freespace
Choplifter HD
Over 9000 Zombies!

Steam Sale Items:

Mount and Blade: Warband
Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Dungeon Defenders
Super Meat Boy
Bulletstorm
Might & Magic X - Legacy Digital Deluxe
Robotex
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
R.U.S.E.
Penumbra Collectors Pack
Defense Grid: Containment Bundle
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
StuntMANIA Reloaded
Squishy the Suicidal Pig
sZone-Online
State of Decay - Lifeline
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East!

Amazonian Purchases:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Prototype

Nuuvem:

Aliens vs Predator

Gifted from a Hero in a Half-Shell:

Monster Challenge Circus

According to The Deer God, this is my haul:

Games:

This War of Mine

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Depth

Defense Grid 2

DLC:

Killing Floor Neon Shit

ETS2: Trucking Fan DLC Bundle

Christmas Paint Jobs

Crazy Machines 2 Halloween

Real World Racing: Miami

Defense Grid Containment

Defense Grid: You Monster

Software:

You Need a Budget Fore

Gifts:

Dehon: Monster Challenge Circus 

Spectre

Alright you guys like boring ass posts of long lists of shitty games that no one is going to play. I GET IT.

Maybe next time there's actually, you know, a good sale you might get your wish.
You just don't like them because they don't have enough hidden object and Nancy Drew games on them :p

That's true. The only reason I'm surprised is because KF1 was such a long-term game. By the time KF2 dies out, UE5 will probably be a thing.
One of the nice things about Killing Floor is that since the engine is so old, just about anyone can run it decently. UE3 has had plenty of time to mature and get optimized. I can't say that I've ever been playing the game and thought, "gee, if only this game were shinier and had more processing effects"

According to The Deer God, this is my haul:

Games:

This War of Mine

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Depth

Defense Grid 2

DLC:

Killing Floor Neon Shit

ETS2: Trucking Fan DLC Bundle

Christmas Paint Jobs

Crazy Machines 2 Halloween

Real World Racing: Miami

Defense Grid Containment

Defense Grid: You Monster

Software:

You Need a Budget Fore

Gifts:

Dehon: Monster Challenge Circus

Spectre
Noone cares!

Didn't see this mentioned, but the Towers of Altrac dev (recently released) said keys would be up on Desura for buyers of Indie Gala-Breath of Wind and Groupees BAGB6.

Since the game is already released, I've no idea why keys aren't already available.

I actually don't mind Holiday haul lists. I like skimming through them after the sale mainly to gauge what people were interested in buying. Of course using spoiler or custom tags is preferred for the no-one-cares get-off-my-lawn variety.

It's nice to see some lists especially after this past Holiday sale where people flocked to making non-steam store purchases which don't show up in Steam's Activity feed. I admit I probably look at the activity feed at least once a day to get ideas for possible wishlist stuff or to see if I'm missing some deal that I didn't know about.

So the addition of haul lists humblebrag lists do hold some value, plus it's been kind of slow in here lately. Who would've thought I'd actually miss the stampede of seasonals.  :whistle2:

It's also nice to see Bobby has returned. Welcome back.

Didn't see this mentioned, but the Towers of Altrac dev (recently released) said keys would be up on Desura for buyers of Indie Gala-Breath of Wind and Groupees BAGB6.

Since the game is already released, I've no idea why keys aren't already available.
Not up yet...
I really wish they wouldn't try to do that 'give Steam keys through Desura for everybody' stuff. Sometimes it works but sometimes they have said no or sometimes they say yes but then don't do it right and it's a pain in the ass.

Star Nomad is going through that right now. The developer asked Desura if he could distribute Steam keys through Desura for everyone (ie not just IR but Groupees, IGS the whole 9 yards). The Desura rep said yes, but then they just posted the keys for Indie Royale people anyway.

You can go to https://store.steampowered.com/account to see your haul in glorious text format.  if it says retail its probably from a bundle, steam store is from lord GabeN

my donation to valve's christmas fund

Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Metal Slug 3 Two-Pack
Kaptain Brawe
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Shadowrun Returns
Nidhogg Store
Super Time Force Ultra
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
FTL: Faster Than Light
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Torchlight II
Saints Row 2 (ROW)
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition
The Wolf Among Us
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition
SpeedRunners
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf

One of the nice things about Killing Floor is that since the engine is so old, just about anyone can run it decently. UE3 has had plenty of time to mature and get optimized. I can't say that I've ever been playing the game and thought, "gee, if only this game were shinier and had more processing effects"
Another good point. UE2 definitely made the previous game very accessible for toasters. I'd imagine that sometime during its lifecycle newer "toasters" will be able to run UE3 just as well.

Since we're posting hauls.. might as well, it's not that long.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate HD - Nuuvem

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition x 2 - Gifts from nice people on Steam, one of which may be banned currently

Primal Carnage: Extinction - Trader

Halo: Spartan Assault - Gift from a nice person in this very thread

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Amazon

Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - Amazon

PAC-MAN Museum - Ms. Pacman DLC - Amazon

Rayman Origins - Steam

SimCity 4 Deluxe - Nuuvem

Contraption Maker - Steam

DEFCON Soundtrack - Steam

Darwinia Soundtrack - Steam

Deus Ex: Invisible War - Gift from nice person on Steam

EIDOS Anthology - Gift from non-Steam friend

Batman Pack - Nuuvem (About to get it)

Only regrets were accidentally buying an extra copy of Stealth Bastard Deluxe DLC because I was tired and not thinking straight and missing Cursed Crusade for $1.

Before I forget, for you South Americansthe jacksparrow code for 10% off on the Batman Pack (Arkham City GOTY, Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins Blackgate) at Nuuvem is working again until the end of the day. Makes it $13,49 or a little less than $5 in USD.

And if you're an idiot, and bought a SecuROM key for Total War: Alexander at Gamersgate expecting a Steam key  (one of my very first newbie mistakes), fear no longer! They replaced my SecuROM key with a Steam key free of charge without provocation.

I don't understand why some people clutter up their haul posts with bundle fodder.
Because they want to pad out their "Winter Sale Haul" to make it look like it's more than it is so the sale doesn't seem as shitty as it really was.

Before I forget, for you South Americans, the jacksparrow code for 10% off on the Batman Pack (Arkham City GOTY, Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins Blackgate) at Nuuvem is working again until the end of the day. Makes it $13,49 or a little less than $5 in USD.
Quit with this comma shit for dollars and cents. This is 'Murica boy!

*Edit: Oh I see that's them thar Barzillion (not) real dollars.

That weird ass comma thing annoys me almost as much a date first then month. Damned foreigners!

I did see one time when some dude from Brazil went on Kickstarter thought he was pledging 15 dollars by using a comma after the 15, but, well... ;)

Your haul lists are like

Earned 50 euro in Steam Wallet this week

Earned 35 euro in Steam Wallet this week

Earned 42 euro in Steam Wallet this week
Only during sale :(

Offtopic:

Removed store name – Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

I don't understand why some people clutter up their haul posts with bundle fodder.
By bundle fodder, do you mean games that have ever been in bundles or games that were bought from bundles?

Quit with this comma shit for dollars and cents. This is 'Murica boy!

*Edit: Oh I see that's them thar Barzillion (not) real dollars.
I was just respecting their local currency. Can't offend the nation offering us the best deals right now. :bouncy:

So that guy from last night? It got better, or worse, depending on how you see things.

Nerd Rage said:
i think you are the dumb...
Couldn't get beyond that.

Also, to belabor the debate, I didn't enjoy any of those old school wasda FPSses (Wolfenstein, Doom, etc). First one that really connected with me was Red Faction...on the PS2.

Played with a controller ????

Offtopic:

Removed store name – Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
And no one bothers to scramble around trying to get it because they already have 18 extra copies they can't unload.

By bundle fodder, do you mean games that have ever been in bundles or games that were bought from bundles?
Please tell me you did not buy bundle shit on Steam.

Brasil (respect the spelling) is still doesn't have region-locked gifts? WATTTT. I haven't been paying attention (not that I was in the market for training since the news).
The regional trade blocking when buying on the Steam store to 'gift' to someone else and Steam key activating region locks are two different things. The latter is up to the publishers (or developers I guess though indies don't normally do it). Some stuff on Nuuvem is key activation region locked (like pretty much everything these days from Sega and Deep Silver outside of DLC) but a fair bit still isn't. For now.

Basically if you don't see a big red "Region Locked" in English on the store page you should be safe. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back