Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy keys, nothing is going to be as safe as the marketplace though. SourceOP is a good website to use if you are looking to buy keys. You can view the sellers rep on the site. You can regularly get keys for around 1.75 to 1.80.

I've bought a few keys there with no problem....yet.

And of course, you'll need Paypal if you're to buy there. That's all I've seen sellers there accept.

re: buying TF2 keys outside of Steam

I found a fairly decent For Dummies article about it here: http://foxygamer.com/buy-cheap-tf2-keys/

Probably the safest and easiest one because it's automated and you don't have to deal with a person is marketplace.tf but their prices are higher at about $2.20 right now. Looks like they take Paypal and Google Wallet. Note that I haven't used that site yet personally so I don't know if it takes a while to get the keys or not.

Also be aware that some of the sellers on forums like Sourceop and such may not want to deal with you if you don't have reputation.
Thanks for the responses! This is helpful. The CAG in me wants to get stuff for even cheaper, but the added risk is concerning.

Thanks for the responses! This is helpful. The CAG in me wants to get stuff for even cheaper, but the added risk is concerning.
Just find a reputable seller. If the first rejects you, then wait until there's another. The only times I've bought I had no rep/no rep given, though I may have flashed my Steamtrades rep, don't recall.

Well, I wrote to Bonafide support and got a response, why I didn't earn my free bitcoin. Apparently, my Facebook profile is not active enough for them. :wall:

We check the accounts to make sure people are not creating bogus Facebook profiles or using an inactive profile for the promo. We also look for a variety of attributes like profile name, IP address, profile photo, friend count, activity etc.
Edit: They send me my reward, after complaining a bit more!

Just find a reputable seller. If the first rejects you, then wait until there's another. The only times I've bought I had no rep/no rep given, though I may have flashed my Steamtrades rep, don't recall.
There are reputable sellers on there that will do trades with people with no rep. The prices tend to be higher for keys. ....like 1.90 or so.

Oh yeah, played new FoM (Face of Mankind) today for a few hours, because caffeine is one hell of a drug: 

tl:dr: If you like Eve mining, or are just weird, you might find some interest. Otherwise feels lacking in content and filled with too many new players, but can't comment on combat. Safe zone felt overpopulated compared to other area I went which was ghost town like. Still worth a shot due to being a 1 GB download and free, if you have time to kill.

Wordy Version:

It was...okay, the tutorial is bog standard go here and fetch questing which got tiring after the 3rd or 4th tutorial mission. The game still only has two things to do, either gank or sit around mining and producing mats. The new system sucks compared to old, first you have to mine raw materials manually now (unless you can afford a rig). Then if you want to produce an item you need to buy the schematics, aka run across the map to buy schematics, then produce which keeps with classic FoM's afk at the production machine game play. 

Haven't tried combat to see how it is, being generally someone who doesn't do much combat. The safe zone (dumb) was pretty crowded but it is mostly a bunch of new players. I went to Manhattan and it was pretty dead, a far cry from the Manhattan I remember in the game from a few years back.

Maps so far don't looked changed at all, the clothes are the same from when I was playing, and in general looks the same so far. The mini-map gets really confusing at times, the biggest issue it doesn't recognize levels very well, so you can see a symbol and think it should be where you are, when it's really two floors up. The fact it's all confusing symbols on the mini-map doesn't help, often I had/ or would have had no clue what was where if I didn't read the tutorial text or forgot the text. 

It's a small download so mine as well give it a shot if you are bored sometime, I still need to explore more to really get a good idea but so far it isn't as bad as I expected but certainly not good. I'm still going to play because I got a bit addicted to crafting again (I also get way into tycoon games, so I'm kind of messed up =p). It's probably going to just be boring, and potentially annoying with all the newbs and noobs, but eh maybe there is something there for combat and some RP and/or soul left in the game.

Oh yeah, played new FoM (Face of Mankind) today for a few hours, because caffeine is one hell of a drug:

tl:dr: If you like Eve mining, or are just weird, you might find some interest. Otherwise feels lacking in content and filled with too many new players, but can't comment on combat. Safe zone felt overpopulated compared to other area I went which was ghost town like. Still worth a shot due to being a 1 GB download and free, if you have time to kill.
Review on Steam:
I'm writing this review finally as I'm never logging in to this game again. I got this on the Steam summer sale, got the premium pack with all it's extra monies and clothes and the underwater lair. The graphics are dated but whatever I saw that going in, this game was supposed to be about interaction. Well, here's the thing. I couldn't even finish the tutorial because there is this guy named Scumbag Steve (not kidding) and all he does is lurk around areas that new players frequent to finish their tutorial missions and kills them. There is essentially no punishment in the game for doing this. No police come for him, nothing. I didn't have any guns or armor, no way to defend myself. So I never even finished the tutorial, and in chat everyone online says "yeah basically that's what he does". So FoMK, until you deal with this type of player you will contine to see a revolving door of players not even getting through the tutorial before they just say "to hell with this, I haven't even had time to care about this game, so I'm never logging in again." You've lost this player, and by the emptiness of the game overall (the cities are just devoid of any players really, very disappointing, the videos are misleading, I saw no battles, just a few scattering of people standing around doing nothing here and there) I'm not the only one to stop in and quickly drop this game. There are a lot of good elements, but you gotta update your textures guys and deal with poachers.

Well, I'm sold! Scumbag Steve, here I come!

A Dungeon Defenders patch Redux version is out, now. Seems to be 70% off for anyone who owns the original. Do people like this game? I got it in a bundle but have yet to play.
I played for a good few hours, and it's great. However, once you reach end-game, it's just grindy. But running through it is great fun, esp. if you connect w/ the right people. May even pick this one up and ACTUALLY play it. I'll wait for reviews though.

Open for all:

• Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Lume
  • Earth 2160
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Humanity Asset
  • Amazing Zombie Defense (Yet Another Zombie Defense)
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • Jolly Rover
  • Little Racers STREET
  • Metal Drift
  • Millennium: A New Hope
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Skyborn
  • SkyDrift
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • Snuggle Truck

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester

• Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker

New donor only list:

• Papo & Yo
  • Paper Sorcerer
  • Redshirt
  • Face Noir
  • Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold Episode 1
  • Finding Teddy
  • FootLOL: Epic Fail League
  • Ichi
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
  • Soulbringer
  • 8-Bit Commando
  • Wizardy 6 + 7
  • Wizardry 8
  • System Shock 2
  • New Star Soccer 5
The place to donate is right here. Every cent goes to Seattle Children's!

So I have been looking into acquiring a game or two via trading TF2 keys. While I have traded on Steam before, I have never bothered to use keys. Thus, I have a couple of questions.
I'm in the same boat ! Last week I wanted 19 keys so I tried steamtrades and tf2outpost, but no one would sell to me due to my lack of rep on both sites. I've had conversations with about 6 traders and none of them would budge. They would have preferred that I had even just +1 versus my ebay's +79/-0. And I understand that they can't tie my ebay account to my steam, but how am I going to get +1 when nobody wants to trade with me ? :(

If you guys have any luck, please let me know~

I'm in the same boat ! Last week I wanted 19 keys so I tried steamtrades and tf2outpost, but no one would sell to me due to my lack of rep on both sites. I've had conversations with about 6 traders and none of them would budge. They would have preferred that I had even just +1 versus my ebay's +79/-0. And I understand that they can't tie my ebay account to my steam, but how am I going to get +1 when nobody wants to trade with me ? :(

If you guys have any luck, please let me know~
I had a bit of that problem during the summer sale but I have some rep in that field now. Message me on Steam, and I'll see what I can do for you when I get home.

Rome: Total War & Medieval 2 Total War Retail keys now accepted by Steam.

Medieval 2 Total War Retail activates expansion too.

http://steamdb.info/sub/47900/

http://steamdb.info/sub/47899/

ptJkHKA.png
Bump for this!

Rome: Total War keys seem to work now. They don't give DLC unlike Medieval 2 keys.

Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms (seprate game) was replaced by DLC for base game. (-1 game count)

Seems like Steamworks patch is very near.

Oh boy, another one of these. And this one sounds even more like it should've been a free patch than most. :roll:
I'm guessing you've never played the base game, (when I played about a year ago) every few months they'll come out with a new patch for the game that makes it unplayable unless you buy the paid DLC they put out at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, but the fact that they kept breaking the game and requiring you to buy paid DLC to fix it... Yeah, I'm kind of over that now. So it's not all that surprising that they come out with a redux patch (which, gasp "rebalances the endgame"!) and charge for it.

Well Dungeon Defenders seems like it's going onto my never play again list....I played it for a few hours with one of the original versions. Too much splitting of the user base who will still play this. Congrats developers you did it!!!!

I'm guessing you've never played the base game, (when I played about a year ago) every few months they'll come out with a new patch for the game that makes it unplayable unless you buy the paid DLC they put out at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, but the fact that they kept breaking the game and requiring you to buy paid DLC to fix it... Yeah, I'm kind of over that now. So it's not all that surprising that they come out with a redux patch (which, gasp "rebalances the endgame"!) and charge for it.
Well, I have a little bit, but I know people who have poured a ton of time into it. That's why at first I was kinda glad to hear they rebalanced the endgame and put some anti-hacking measures in place, since those are by far the biggest complaints I've heard. You are right that this re-release is totally within their MO, but I'm just really getting sick of this trend.

And it's worth repeating, the price is insultingly high.

Cross-posting:

New Humble Bundle - Square Enix:

• Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini Ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman: Codename 47
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Beat the Average for:

• Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Deus Ex: The Fall
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran Pack
  • Battlestations: Midway
Pay $14.99 or more for:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
  • Just Cause 2
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Also liked dungeon defenders but literally every DLC put you heads above everyone without it and the grind for items becomes endless

Sometimes I wish Humble Bundle did the Groupees build a bundle thing.  That's an amazing package for people who don't have any of those games, but I am only missing Nosgoth, Kane & Lynch 2 and Lara Croft GotL.

If anyone wants to sell Kane & Lynch and Lara Croft GotL cheap let me know via PM. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back