Steelsound 5H USB V2 Professional Gaming Headset $19.99 AR /w GC

Bleh, going to return my Icemats, or resell them on Ebay. I didn't think about it when buying, but a nice microphone will be a must coming up...I'm going to be picking up PSU, and will need good mic quality to use with TS.

I have a 2 year old PC with Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card. I don't understand why these headsets come with a USB soundcard. Would it be better to use my Audigy 2 or use the USB soundcard that come with these headsets? Thanks.

Whichever one you want. The USB cards are provided for people who don't have good soundcards or onboard sound on the motherboard. Or for people who want to use USB for sound. If you're going to a lan party and you're not using your own computer, you can bring the USB card and have the same audio that you're used to at home.

The USB soundcard is basically crap audio that's used as entry level upgrade above onboard sound. However, it's not terribly bad, as it's extremely transportable.

I'm getting it since all I have is my laptop's onboard sound.

[quote name='trapper700']Whichever one you want. The USB cards are provided for people who don't have good soundcards or onboard sound on the motherboard. Or for people who want to use USB for sound. If you're going to a lan party and you're not using your own computer, you can bring the USB card and have the same audio that you're used to at home.[/quote]

Yeah, that.

And thanks OP, from the person who brought the Siberia deal to CAG. :p

Well, I have both ordered now - the ICEMAT Siberia and the Steel Sound 5H. Both have pricegrabber rebates too (the Siberia pricegrabber rebate is for the black ones but I going to submit a rebate anyway).

That brings the Siberia down to $4.99 after google checkout, $20 mail in rebate and $5 pricegrabber rebate, and the Steel Sound 5H will be $14.99 after google checkout, $30 rebate and $5 pricegrabber rebate.

the only thing, is that buy.com is not listed as one of the merchants, and the headset listed on pricegrabber is not the V2 one. I don't think either of these things will make a difference, however, as long as the rebate is submitted properly.

Thanks, I just ordered these. Time to dump my the old crappy set I had. Crazy to think that old crappy headset really ended up costing me the same as this kick-ass set!!! I love this site.

CaCo

[quote name='nathan_the_rock']the only thing, is that buy.com is not listed as one of the merchants, and the headset listed on pricegrabber is not the V2 one. I don't think either of these things will make a difference, however, as long as the rebate is submitted properly.[/QUOTE]
Plus you have to send in the receipt and UPC to get the buy.com rebate anyway, so you wouldn't be able to do both, right?

Either way, I went ahead and bought myself a pair using Google Checkout. Thanks OP.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Plus you have to send in the receipt and UPC to get the buy.com rebate anyway, so you wouldn't be able to do both, right?

Either way, I went ahead and bought myself a pair using Google Checkout. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE] You are allowed to make a photocopy of the UPC to send for the pricegrabber rebate. It said on the special form they send you.

[quote name='mkg12']You are allowed to make a photocopy of the UPC to send for the pricegrabber rebate. It said on the special form they send you.[/QUOTE]
Oh, well then I guess I'll give it a shot when I get my headphones.

Don't know much about USB headsets...do they require two ports (One for the headphones, one for the mic), or is it just one?

bread's done
Back