Storage/Organization Solutions

JustChico

CAGiversary!
Hey y'all. I currently have a Wii and and a PS2 as well as an Xbox 360 in-transit. At the moment, my Wii console is on a small shelf above the TV in the entertainment center, along with the games and controllers. My PS2 and accessories are all in the bottom "cabinet" portion of the ec. I could provide a pic to make more sense, but I don't think I can attach files to my posts yet.

The 360 will replace the PS2 as soon as I can unload it. Now, my question is, should I look in to a console storage/organizer unit? I've found a couple on the 'net like the Centipede Gaming Hub at Amazon and a game caddy at online organizing.com. Don't know if I'm on the right track or if there's a better deal out there.

Also, I saw an Xbox 360 cooling stand made by CTA on Newegg and was just wondering if any of y'all had any experience/advice on this or these types of devices. (Again, can't post links yet...sorry). Thanks in advance.

Just, so long as your xbox has fresh air, you shouldn't need a cooler. In all honesty, if you have it locked in a box, it's going to just blow hot air around and not really cool anything.

As far as storage, give us a sense of how much room you have. For instance, I have a TV stand that's about 4 ft wide with 6 shelves and glass doors. I keep everything in there, which consists of my xbox 360, ps2, snes, and cable box. I got that for like $300 from Overstock.com. They have a good selection of put it together yourself pressboard furniture. Of course, the xbox needed some air, so usually when I play I open up the front cabinet door and I also cut a hole in the back which you can't see, but allows air to move around.

Xbox requirements, and I have never had an issue, clean air and frequent dusting/cleaning. Cooling stands, while improved from the Nyko early models that burnt out the xbox power source, don't seem to make a difference overall from what I can tell. Plenty of people have issues with and without them.

Good luck with the 360. Also, you can always go to Lowes or Home Depot. They have shelving that you piece together yourself. You can get some nice looking shelves to house the units and games for under $100.

Retom (et, al). Realistically I'm looking at a cabinet that's about 18"W x 12"H x 18"D (deep). To give a spacial example, I have my PS2 games stacked against the left wall with the spine of the case facing inward (so I can read the names of the games). Then there's about an inch (maybe) between the games and the PS2 Slim. Then there's another stack of DVD Box Sets (seasons) stacked almost right against the PS2.

This really isn't a lot of room, I don't think, since it appears that the 360 is about twice the size as my PS2. So, I'm considering setting the 360 console on a shelf about an inch above my TV (42" Visio LCD) right beside the Wii console and moving all the games and controllers down to the cabinet which now stores the PS2 stuff. There's probably 8" of clearance between this shelf and the top of the entertainment center, but it's completely open in the front.

bread's done
Back