Suikoden IV - Free Promotional Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloakBass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Suikoden IV Official Webpage

If you head over to the "Promotions" section you'll notice that they have quite a sweet liittle promotion going on right now. Basically, after you give Konami some personal information, you can enter special passwords in order to get some nice free stuff. 3 passwords scores you a CD of Suikoden music, 5 passwords gets you a Suikoden coin, and lastly, 7 passwords get you a wallscroll. As of now, I've found the following codes:

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly advertisement: magsnowe48
2. Suikoden Flash Puzzle Game: chiepoo19
3. Suikoden Flash Battleship Game: kooluk63

Right there are already enough passwords to at least score the CD. The "Clues" section also reveals that the Suikoden IV Art Book also has a code in it. If anyone could help the CAGs out with that code, I'm sure we'd all be very grateful. As of now, I suspect that there's probably also a password included with the game itself, maybe the player's guide? More magazine advertisements? Keep an eye open.

Update: New Code Found!

Suikoden IV Manual: 150razril5

Heard you guys were looking for codes. I'll donate one of mine...

You can work through the range of 20000 to 30000 and shouldn't have a problem. If it doesn't work, then perhaps word of this promotion has become so widespread that Konami is taking new measures to prevent codes. :)

[quote name='bahn']Heard you guys were looking for codes. I'll donate one of mine...

You can work through the range of 20000 to 30000 and shouldn't have a problem. If it doesn't work, then perhaps word of this promotion has become so widespread that Konami is taking new measures to prevent codes. :)[/quote]

This is exactly why I kept this promotion to myself. I had known about this days before it was even started. The only person I told was MightySlacker, because I know him from Gametz.com. I just KNEW that people would abuse the system. I appreciate the fact that the OP posted this to give everyone a fair chance, it's just a shame that all of these Cheap Asses are abusing it.

I'm using Firefox and my codes were listed fine when I signed in again later, to whoever was having a problem with it. I think you have to put the exact same information as the first time you signed up, so maybe it was just a simple mistake like being off a letter or number in your email address when you tried to sign in again?

I tried entering the manual code and it didn't list the rest of my codes. Shortly after, the site maintanence notice came up. I'm assuming the password system wasn't working, so that's why the codes wouldn't load up.

[quote name='KingofGames'][quote name='bahn']Heard you guys were looking for codes. I'll donate one of mine...

You can work through the range of 20000 to 30000 and shouldn't have a problem. If it doesn't work, then perhaps word of this promotion has become so widespread that Konami is taking new measures to prevent codes. :)[/quote]

This is exactly why I kept this promotion to myself. I had known about this days before it was even started. The only person I told was MightySlacker, because I know him from Gametz.com. I just KNEW that people would abuse the system. I appreciate the fact that the OP posted this to give everyone a fair chance, it's just a shame that all of these Cheap Asses are abusing it.[/quote]

Well -- I found it was mentioned on one of the previous websites I used to manage. I admit there's some ethical border being crossed, but based on the discussion here and likely on numerous forums, many people have put their conscience on hold.

In any event -- I own the game and artbook legitimately. :)

I've only put in the three that I have... From EGM, my manual, and my artbook. I don't think I'm going to go play those games and see if I can get the other two.

I guess I might as well show Konami some love and do it legit.

BTW, how does this work... I put in my three codes and then what am I supposed to do? :?:

The guys at my GameStop are so nice, I called them up and they gave me the codes off the back of the 6 books they had left. (2 of the codes didn't work thou =( )

Is there anyway to check to see what codes you have and if you have enough, or are they pretty much making you keep track?

[quote name='CapAmerica']The guys at my GameStop are so nice, I called them up and they gave me the codes off the back of the 6 books they had left. (2 of the codes didn't work thou =( )

Is there anyway to check to see what codes you have and if you have enough, or are they pretty much making you keep track?[/quote]

You have to keep track. If you come back later you must re-enter all of your previous codes plus the new ones for the same address and name set.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='CapAmerica']The guys at my GameStop are so nice, I called them up and they gave me the codes off the back of the 6 books they had left. (2 of the codes didn't work thou =( )

Is there anyway to check to see what codes you have and if you have enough, or are they pretty much making you keep track?[/quote]

You have to keep track. If you come back later you must re-enter all of your previous codes plus the new ones for the same address and name set.[/quote]

You don't have to re-enter all your previous codes. You just have to re-enter your info EXACTLY as you did the first time and also must have a new code or one of your old ones, but if it's an old one it won't count twice. They do keep track of what codes you've put in so far.

[quote name='m1lesteg']Using Firefox, it's not listing off the codes I've entered or anything, andI believe I saw a screenshot in which it did that. Are my codes not being registered?[/quote]

You're probably did a copy and paste method with the codes, right? I had the exact same problem doing that.

Type the codes in by hand and you should be fine.

Thanks for starting the thread, OP! If I get a free soundtrack out of this I'll be eternally grateful! :D

Rockin! I feel weird though, because there's no like, submit button or anything. I just entered 7 and x'd the window. I wish I got a confirmation email.

[quote name='evilmax17']Rockin! I feel weird though, because there's no like, submit button or anything. I just entered 7 and x'd the window. I wish I got a confirmation email.[/quote]

Same here... and the first come first serve thing is confusing. Plus, we have to until until the end of February to get our stuff. Such a long wait, I want my soundtrack now. :p

[quote name='evilmax17']Rockin! I feel weird though, because there's no like, submit button or anything. I just entered 7 and x'd the window. I wish I got a confirmation email.[/quote]

Yes I felt the same way, i didnt know if it was taken my codes, so I just kept submitting them, I ended up entering 14 codes before it stopped me and said thanks. I got my confirmation email, so hopefully I will get some suikoden goodness.

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='evilmax17']Rockin! I feel weird though, because there's no like, submit button or anything. I just entered 7 and x'd the window. I wish I got a confirmation email.[/quote]

Yes I felt the same way, i didnt know if it was taken my codes, so I just kept submitting them, I ended up entering 14 codes before it stopped me and said thanks. I got my confirmation email, so hopefully I will get some suikoden goodness.[/quote]

Ruhroh, how long did it take for you to get your confirmation email? I put mine in about 20 min ago and haven't received it yet.

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='evilmax17']Rockin! I feel weird though, because there's no like, submit button or anything. I just entered 7 and x'd the window. I wish I got a confirmation email.[/quote]

Yes I felt the same way, i didnt know if it was taken my codes, so I just kept submitting them, I ended up entering 14 codes before it stopped me and said thanks. I got my confirmation email, so hopefully I will get some suikoden goodness.[/quote]

Weird... did it say why it stopped you?

i just entered the 4 on the first post and the 2nd and 3rd would not enter it said **Passcode 2 was not registered;
the passcode is not valid**
**Passcode 3 was not registered;

that pisses me off now i only have 2 codes entered does anyone have anymore?? i see posts of people having alot of codes???

The reason why some codes aren't working for some of you is that when you copied from this thread, you also highlighted the space before or after the code. I tried it and the codes won't work with the space.

Not only are you people stealing artbook codes from their legitimate owners, but you're probably going to force Konami to cancel all entries with multiple artbook codes when they figure out that people are just putting in random numbers. I remember a bunch of people getting pissed at CAGs who were abusing the 2-for-10 glitch at CC recently, calling it stealing, but I don't see anyone protesting this. The truth is, there is no gray area here. You're all a bunch of greedy thieves.

Here's a thought for you:

Since there is a limited number (say 40,000) of artbook codes, there must also be 40,000 wall scrolls. If you have one artbook code entered, nobody can beat you to it. The limitations on promotional items will be for the items that can be won with the unlimited use codes (the coin and soudtrack), since there is already an inherent limitation on the number of wall scrolls that can be won. Since very few people outside of CAG are aware of this promotion yet, it is highly unlikely that the maximum number of people to receive those two items has been reached. If you want to secure your items, all you have to enter are the four universal codes we have so far, and one of the artbook codes. Then you will have reserved the first two items, and when the other two codes are found you can get your wall scroll. Then we can get off our asses and start finding the remaining 2 codes, and feel less guilty for having only stolen one code, instead of three. This is a much better solution, since Konami will be more likely to honor this promotion if there are fewer reports of codes not working.

[quote name='punqsux']ATTN: people with more than 5 codes enetered

what are other codes?[/quote]

right now there are only 5 legit codes.
the rest came from making up numbers from 20,000 to 40,000

they will likely not be counted tho.

[quote name='punqsux']if youre putting in more than one art book code, youre gunna get nothing, and you deserve just that.[/quote]

What if I have 3 artbooks? I Do have them! Konami can eat me.

Since it is first come first serve, I don't think my chances are good of getting any of the stuff. But hey! its always worth a try to get something for free. I hope all this abuse doesn't stop Konami from putting up another contest. I'm hoping they do something for the next Castlevania. Just imagine what kind of stuff they could giveaway for that game?

[quote name='masha'][quote name='punqsux']if youre putting in more than one art book code, youre gunna get nothing, and you deserve just that.[/quote]

What if I have 3 artbooks? I Do have them! Konami can eat me.[/quote]

im not saying you dont, but i expect konami wont honor it either way...just wait for the other 2 codes to come out, it will happen...

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='masha'][quote name='punqsux']if youre putting in more than one art book code, youre gunna get nothing, and you deserve just that.[/quote]

What if I have 3 artbooks? I Do have them! Konami can eat me.[/quote]

im not saying you dont, but i expect konami wont honor it either way...just wait for the other 2 codes to come out, it will happen...[/quote]

Do you think they are gonna go through this? This is a giveaway for them. They have more important things to worry about. They allowed codes to register. To bad. Once it's registered, I'm in.

I don't think Konami really cares... Obviously, if they made the guessing so easy and allow people to enter more then one artbook code, then people are going to do it. Plus, look at how they keep track of everything... Very poorly done. I do disagree with some of you entering random artbook codes, but even if they stop there are hundreds of leechers who'll continue to put in random codes.

Either way, I haven't gotten my confirmation email for the CD. I put in 4 codes so far and I only needed 3 for the CD.

[quote name='Wario64']What does the confirmtion email say exactly? All I got was an email saying thank you for registeirng the game[/quote]

Same here, I only got a "thank you for registering" email.... I'm also curious to hear what the conf. email says.

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='Wario64']What does the confirmtion email say exactly? All I got was an email saying thank you for registeirng the game[/quote]

Same here, I only got a "thank you for registering" email.... I'm also curious to hear what the conf. email says.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they are one in the same.

As sad as this is, I doubt they will care if people put in multiple artbook codes. The reason is that people who are put in charge of these giveaways are generally told give away x number of these items and left to do it on their own. They often don't care if the same person gets 20 of the same item (I've seen it many times at conventions with T-shirts and other goodies) as long as they get rid of everything.

[quote name='defiance_17']Has anyone extensively searched the strategy guide for a code? I would expect one to be in there...[/quote]

Someone did, I'm betting it will have a code but it will be less noticable, perhaps it will be hidden in a picture?

1. magsnowe48

2. chiepoo19

**Passcode 2 was not registered;
3. kooluk63

4. 150razril5

5. 25678

What codes am I missing? Thanks!

make sure your check your junk mail folder, that's where i find the conf. email.

Is it possible that chiepoo19 been remove from the code list?

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan']

(Entrants may not enter with multiple email and/or multiple identities nor may
entrants use any other device or artifice to obtain additional entries
. Any entrant who
attempts to participate with multiple email and/or multiple identities may be
disqualified.)[/quote]

That's exactly where they are gonna tag people. You can argue technicalitites all you want, but the good thing about being Konami is that they don't have to argue with you. They don't even have to win, they can just say "You tried to screw the system, no you don't get anything". You can whine and moan and complain, but that's who it will be. I'll start taking wagers on it next week. No matter how you look at it, entering multiple artbook codes can only hurt, it can't help when all you had to do was wait for 2 more legit codes. It was stupid really, there's no doubt they would have/will show up here.

Dave[/quote]

This is all based on the fact that, they indeed care, which they most likly don't. Yess I entered some artboook codes, if I'm disqualified who cares, they were all ebay fodder anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back