Suikoden IV - Playstation 2 (PS2) $ 34.99 Outpost Free Ship

Hmm... I don't see anything there about the free art book. I'm going to stick to my Gamestop preorder to get the art book. Looks like I'll be paying an extra 8+ dollars for the damn thing.

Good deal though, thanks.

[quote name='gamer6587']Ive heard bad things about that game...[/quote]

I've read many many bad things about this game. But as a fan of the first 2 I'll buy it anyhow. ](*,)

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='gamer6587']Ive heard bad things about that game...[/quote]

I've read many many bad things about this game. But as a fan of the first 2 I'll buy it anyhow. ](*,)[/quote]

I heard that the producer of the first two game are no longer working on the 3 or 4.

Isn't Suikoden III relatively rare? I'm a proud owner of the first two, and I know those can go for crazy prices...

[quote name='DjSkittles']Isn't Suikoden III relatively rare? I'm a proud owner of the first two, and I know those can go for crazy prices...[/quote]

Doubt it. You can pick it up at EB for about $20 or less.

I was ready to buy Suikoden IV until I played the demo. Ugh, terrible.

yeah, this game has awful review.. so diappointed..
if I want to play an awful game, i dont want to pay too much..lol

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='DjSkittles']Isn't Suikoden III relatively rare? I'm a proud owner of the first two, and I know those can go for crazy prices...[/quote]

Doubt it. You can pick it up at EB for about $20 or less.

I was ready to buy Suikoden IV until I played the demo. Ugh, terrible.[/quote]

couldn't of said it better myself. I mean you fight seaweed...SEAWEED FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='gamer6587']Ive heard bad things about that game...[/quote]

I've read many many bad things about this game. But as a fan of the first 2 I'll buy it anyhow. ](*,)[/quote]

I'm canceling my preorder.

Man, Konami has truly dropped the ball with 2 consecutive letdowns in the series. Guess we will never see the true relationship between Yuber and Pesmerge...

[quote name='onikage']What is the major problem people are having with this game? Wasn't the battle system from 3 done away with?[/quote]

Yeah what gives?
I didn't care much for Suikoden III, but I heard IV would have a better combat system and VOICE ACTING! Now I'm seeing all these bad reviews and It sucks.

Oh well, I'm sticking with my pre-order, because God knows Konami will run a short supply of IV and will keep it at $30 or $40 eBay pricing wise.

In IV you can only have 4 party members instead of 6. When they have so many playable characters, limiting you to 4 party members is a huge hinderance imo. You will not have room for the odd niche characters, because you not have room unless you want to sacrafice taking main characters with you.

The entire game looks different and it kinda feels like it ost some of its style...

Man... Suikoden was my favorite rpg series. Heck it still is. Three still had that epic adventurer feel to it... but lost a little due to the odd war mini game. The previous two were cool because it really felt like it was nations vs nations... Oh well. I'll get it anyway. Gotta support Konami. Every company is allowed a few slip through quality countrol when you've MGS on their resume... =)

I have seen Suikoden 3 going for $100. Suikoden 1 goes for $400-500 and 2 goes for about $300. I loved 3 and am sure I will love 4, I will be picking up 4 even if it does turn out to suck just because every Suikoden goes for a lot of money.

[quote name='sageice']I have seen Suikoden 3 going for $100. Suikoden 1 goes for $400-500 and 2 goes for about $300. I loved 3 and am sure I will love 4, I will be picking up 4 even if it does turn out to suck just because every Suikoden goes for a lot of money.[/quote]

You're crazy, Suikoden 3 can be had easily for 30ish, Suikoden 1 isn't more then 40-50 (and that's really pushing it), and Suikoden 2 is around 150ish. (and that's pushing it too)

[quote name='sageice']I have seen Suikoden 3 going for $100. Suikoden 1 goes for $400-500 and 2 goes for about $300. I loved 3 and am sure I will love 4, I will be picking up 4 even if it does turn out to suck just because every Suikoden goes for a lot of money.[/quote]

Is that ebay auctions for high rollers? Do you get a special invitation to bid?

or maybe you just don't know what your are talking about?

](*,)

Please put prices in US dollars, thank you. Also, Suikoden II almost always sells for more than Suikoden.

regardless of what people say, you have to play the game yourself to decide if you like it or not. I own suikoden 1,2(with guide), and 3, and have 4 on preorder. Personaly, i like 3 better then 1 and 2 because of the fighting system (and riding a Dragon!). To each there own

I would give it a try before judging whether I like it or not. Who knows what's best for you other than yourself.

Anyone have an idea what the artbook is like from the other places? With all the bad reviews it seems the cheaper the better but if the artbook is worth it it's a different matter.

Can someone post a link to one of these bad reviews?

I have Suikoden 1 and 3, and loved them both. But only having 4 characters in the field sounds really sucky.

Is this game multi-threaded like 3, where you have 3 (or 6 if you want to get nitpicky) different interweaving storylines?

Seriously, I'm still going to give the game a try. Suikoden III has a high score than I & II, and I thought that game was the worst. Who do you trust?

I can't speak for the story, but the demo had:

1-Cruddy graphics that looked generic in a lot of places (though the character portraits looked good)

and

2-Gameplay straight off the Cookie-cutter RPG assembly line

If the demo is a fair representation, then the game has absolutely no charm or personality.

I don't expect this to be in demand like the first two games. The third is not hard to find, (HINT)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224801.asp

And the fourth installment is coming out with an initial price of $40. I know $10 isn't much, but it means GameStop/EB will have used copies for $30-$35 by March at the latest. Which means, with the Edge card and codes, you can pick it up for around $25 if you wait. Not sure it's even worth that, though.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']This is just a series that did'nt translate very well to 3d.[/quote]

I thought 3 was good. The only thing bringing it down was the horrible battle system.

Regardless the firt 2 games have been elevated to god status by you rare game hunters so it would be hard for any sequal to measure up.

And the demo for 4 was okay. It didn't really show enough for people to be bashing it already. The battle system was great as it emulates the first games.

demo's tend to be a ruff version of som levels/parts of the game. they collect feedback sometimes and hammer out what they can. i'v seen screen shots of the japanes copy and they look good, kinda like 3. they port will be near the sme, maybe a few minor changes and re-doing voices/text.

How many demos have you played, especially for console games, that do not reflect the final product accurately? If a company puts out a demo, I expect it to reflect a taste of what the entire game experience will be.

Regardless, this one just isn't appealing to me. The gaming rags are giving it scores in the 50%-60% range, so I feel safe letting this one slip by unpurchased.

You need a couple of hours to properly judge a RPG, not a 10 minute demo with nothing but fighting and collecting a few items.

lets see, i get a demo every month from playstation and psm, and xbn. if it's a game i want badly, like killzone, i pre order for the demo. on hand, i'v had around 3 demos a month, times 12 months not counting pre-order demos, for 5 years

I agree with Scrubking. RPGs need more playtime to figure out if they are worth playing or not. It was the story and humor of Suikoden 3 that kept me playing more than anything else. And there is no way to get a real sense of the story from a demo.

[quote name='Shadows916']lets see, i get a demo every month from playstation and psm, and xbn. if it's a game i want badly, like killzone, i pre order for the demo. on hand, i'v had around 3 demos a month, times 12 months not counting pre-order demos, for 5 years[/quote]

And of all those demos, at least the playable ones (because video 'demos' suck IMO), how many misled you as to how the final product actually turned out? That was my question. I've never played a demo, thought 'this game sucks,' then played the actual game and thought 'wow, I was wrong!'

Anyways, I won't pass judgement on the game. I thought the demo blew goats. Incoming reviews are saying it's mediocre. Thus I am not excited. That's all. Maybe a week from now I'll be on my way to pick up a copy because everyone and his brother is screaming "BEST GAME EVAR!"

sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know why there wasn't a strategy guide released for suikoden iii? or is there one that i wasn't aware of?

[quote name='bboynujen']sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know why there wasn't a strategy guide released for suikoden iii? or is there one that i wasn't aware of?[/quote]
There wasn't one. If I recall correctly Konami had some kind of legal trouble with the people that were going to do it originally and it got delayed for so long they just didn't put one out because it would have been months later.

I did this order until I found out that EBGames.com had it for $5 more, free overnight shipping AND you get the artbook...and they didn't charge me tax. See you in the dust Outpost!

bread's done
Back