Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

[quote name='Spades22']Pikecahus seems sucky xD. I'd probably just end up falling off the stage every time :roll:[/quote]well at the least you can control it briefly

You just got to be careful, it's pretty much his little zip move to get back up if you're falling (or to move fast from one spot to another). So won't be a problem to control this smash. I actually prefer it as you can hunt the other guys, and not be focused on one spot like Link's smash. I imagine Kirby's will be the same, focused on one individual (if the scene with him cooking Mario in the video is in fact his smash).

I think it looks promising. I'd love to see they actually work IN THE GAME. Apart from Mario single-handedly bukkaking everyone with "awesome" in the trailer, the rest are understood in "idea" but not "game mechanics." I hope that it'll be a proper gameplay moment, rather than a very massive and hard-to-dodge verion of the hammer.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I think it looks promising. I'd love to see they actually work IN THE GAME. Apart from Mario single-handedly bukkaking everyone with "awesome" in the trailer, the rest are understood in "idea" but not "game mechanics." I hope that it'll be a proper gameplay moment, rather than a very massive and hard-to-dodge verion of the hammer.[/quote]

Mario must have herpes if you consider his final smash "bukkaking".:hot:

[quote name='dmaul1114']I actually prefer D-pads to analog sticks for fighting games....just not the dinky one on the Wiimote.

I have a feeling the classic controller will be my favorite option.[/quote]

Yea, I prefer D pad for fighting games, but this isnt your traditional fighting game.. But hey, to each his own.

Anyone wishing that they chose something a bit more powerful for his Final Smash?

But then again, Thunder IS (was?) Pikachu's Down+B.

Edit: Ah, never mind; should've looked it up. It's power is the same as Thunder and its unique to Pikachu. My bad.

[quote name='AmigoOne']Yea, I prefer D pad for fighting games, but this isnt your traditional fighting game.. But hey, to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Meh. When playing Melee I always wished that the GC had a decent d-pad and that the game supported it.

It's just more responsive in twitch 2D fighting games, even an odd ball one like this.

I don't think I could get used to using a d-pad for Melee. Trying to use the tilt attacks would be quite awkward with a d-pad, although I could imagine how it would be done.

wario_070620d-l.jpg

Oh my!

Here is the deciding factor for me if Wario will suck or not. If Wario can do that running move (that basically bashes enemies) he does in every Warioland game, I will love Wario most likely. Otherwise I will have to try him out first to see if I like him.

Wario better have that shoulder rush of his.

Wait, lemme rephrase that. He had better have that shoulder rush of his, but NOT as his Final Smash.

[quote name='zerowing']lol I laughed more at this for some reason:
wario_070620b-l.jpg
[/quote]
haha thats pretty funny

Golly gee mister...you're right, pokemon suck! Wario > pokemon...but nothing else (except maybe waluigi...) :lol:

Nobody should be talking about about Pikachu up there!

Considering you can control where he goes, I think his is the best Final Smash so far. With the others they've shown, the enemy must be within range and basically right in front of your character. With Pikachu, you can use it from some distance and maybe even hit a few people at different angles.

Plus, he's my favorite character.

Tip if you're getting shine spiked or feel like you are going to get shine spiked. Just hold away on your control stick. Even better, jam the stick away right when you get hit.

The shine spike is there to punish people who DI towards the character.

The shine is a big part in Fox's game, same with Falco's. It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do with it.

[quote name='EXStrike']Err... DI?[/QUOTE]

Directional influence.

I.e., where you are pushing the stick to help determine where your character falls/moves after he's attacked.

When I first heard this from a hardcore Smash player (he's actually a big tourney goer from what I know), I made fun of him profusely. Such a fancy phrase for something so small.

it also allows you to survive at higher %'s, eg. peach's forward throw @ 140% is generally a sure kill, however if you DI towards her (as in hold the analog towards her as she does the forward throw, you may be able to survive)

Peach's down-smash also punishes Fox/Falco players who are too shine-happy. 60% in an instant? Thank you. :]

[quote name='Strell']Such a fancy phrase for something so small.[/quote]There's a joke there somewhere, but I won't go near it.

New update! Lylat Space Cruise

Looks badass. I hope the asteroids aren't too difficult to avoid, and I wonder if something happens when the ship enters the atmosphere...

Also, are these updates always occurring at 12AM Pacific? I noticed it definitely happened tonight.

Wow, that stage is badass.

"Here we are entering the atmosphere. Without spacesuits!"

The updates IIRC are supposed to be Noon Japan time on weekdays. Japan is GMT+9, I think.

I wonder if - during the time they play to take screenshots for the site - all the developers who are playing are whining about how they can only pick from like 10 characters right now.

Strell: nope, they are efficient in taking screenshots of a few matches and then playing with Game and Watch and Ice Climbers.

The Lylat Cruise looks spectacular. I'm extremely pleased with every stage they have shown so far, and not one is purely static.

I love how much variety they've introduced to each stage, which may consist of numerous locations (Lylat) or dramatically varied conditions (Yoshii's Island).

[quote name='MarioColbert']The Lylat Cruise looks spectacular. I'm extremely pleased with every stage they have shown so far, and not one is purely static.[/quote]

Hear hear.

[quote name='MarioColbert']
The Lylat Cruise looks spectacular. I'm extremely pleased with every stage they have shown so far, and not one is purely static.[/quote]

I wonder if theres going to be an option for that.

I'd rather see more unorthodox for smash type maps. Sort of like the zeldas temple map in melee as compared to the F Zero track map.

I too am interested in the assymetrical level-type arenas like Zelda's castle and Rainbow Cruise from Melee. Considering all of the levels they have shown us are of the traditional battlefield design, I'm sure they are keeping the unique ones for later.

in the trailer when mario gets the final smash or w/e item he automatically shoots those fireballs out will it automatically change the direction to where most enemies are or the way ur facing. or will it let u press a button to activate it?

btw, if anyone noticed on the trailer, that one in the hanger where the ship launches out and metaknight is introduced, that there is what looks like a qualified map. They show small amounts of gameplay that show them playing throughout, first in the hangar, then in the sky with the ship flying through the sky, then the platform landing on something inferably metaknights ship.

I think thats one of the maps. I really hope they have some maps like they do in power stone 2. God that is the most fun game ever.

Yeah, Icarus' stage is badass too. It's the one with the Atlus-like human figures holding up the platforms, and it looks enormous. I hope the Atlus dudes move the platforms or something rad like that.

bread's done
Back