Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='noisome07']How would it be a scam if he's the only one that has experienced this 'problem'?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It worked fine for me and a friend. Seems to only be supported by certain carriers, though. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Grayfox43']Uhmm...so I just did this and got a code, and my brother did the same and he gave me his. I went to redeem mine, it showed up as 100 points, but when I hit redeem there was some error and it didn't work. Then I input my brother's code, hit redeem, after like 30 seconds it said points added to account. Now, I had 300 points before I did this, now I have Zero... What just happened is this a scam? Explanation? o_O[/QUOTE]

You didn't have to post the same thing in both threads.

[quote name='Grayfox43']Uhmm...so I just did this and got a code, and my brother did the same and he gave me his. I went to redeem mine, it showed up as 100 points, but when I hit redeem there was some error and it didn't work. Then I input my brother's code, hit redeem, after like 30 seconds it said points added to account. Now, I had 300 points before I did this, now I have Zero... What just happened is this a scam? Explanation? o_O[/QUOTE]

300+ the 100 from this would be enough for a XBLA game so i can only assume you bought a game or someone else has access to your account and bought something. You are leaving something out of the story;)

Story to gain pity for free point codes? Atleast i think so.

[quote name='Grayfox43']Bahhh I want my 300 points back...makes NO sense :([/QUOTE]

Did you try logging out and back in? Or checking what it displays on your actual 360? You should have gotten an email that you redeemed the codes & the amounts as well..

Impossible...I checked it right before I input the code, 300. Input it, it said I received 100. Went to check it out, and where it usually says "300" it says "..."
There's no way I accidently bought something...

Between my phone and my GF's phone, we each only got 100 points. Oh well, It'll help me get Perfect Dark when it supposedly hits the arcade later this month.

EDIT: If your code won't work on the console (I got the error too), try entering it on your profile on Xbox.com. I did this and I got my points instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Did you try logging out and back in? Or checking what it displays on your actual 360? You should have gotten an email that you redeemed the codes & the amounts as well..[/QUOTE]
If you call M$, they'll probably refund your points.

Yeah I turned my xbox off then on again and same thing. I just checked my e-mail, and I have the one saying I redeemed 100 points... ima go check my xbox again, maybe it just takes a while to process? *hopes*

[quote name='Grayfox43']Impossible...I checked it right before I input the code, 300. Input it, it said I received 100. Went to check it out, and where it usually says "300" it says "..."
There's no way I accidently bought something...[/QUOTE]

Metallic is right. You're leaving something out of your story. There's no way the points messed up your points when every single person in both threads have not had a problem with their codes.

Worked great. Got 200 points with my phone and the girlfriend's. Tried Google Voice and it didn't work.. maybe others will have luck?

Ok...FALSE ALARM XD. Just checked again, and NOW its shows 400. I'm happy. I guess it did just take a while, thanks guys :)

Ok...FALSE ALARM XD. Just checked again, and NOW its shows 400. I'm happy. I guess it did just take a while, thanks guys :)

[quote name='Grayfox43']Ok...FALSE ALARM XD. Just checked again, and NOW its shows 400. I'm happy. I guess it did just take a while, thanks guys :)[/QUOTE]
I was anxious to hear your results. Of course I never doubted you'd be victorious in the end. VICTORY!

I had issues w/ my Google voice number as well; but my regular number and my wife's were both good for a quick FREE 200 points!

I got two 100 point codes, added to the 100 points I already had laying around. If I can just find one more phone...:bomb:

yeah all i got was 100 points and when I sent a message saying stop I got one back telling me I already entered the promo.

[quote name='sukru']Did not work for me. It told the message was blocked???[/QUOTE]

Me too. It said the shortcode has expired

argh! I got as many points as I could for a grand total of 540. but that's 20 points less than what I need to buy Dragon Age DLC!!! now I gotta use Microsoft's awful point system where they force you to buy more than you need

lame!! :whistle2:x

Thanks OP. I received 100 pts. I tried on my wife's phone but the message doesn't go through. It may have to do with her having a different phone carrier.

I didn't receive a response until I sent the message a second time (20 min apart). Then they immediately sent the code and a text telling that I had already applied and thanking me for my eagerness.

[quote name='JokerCard']This has hit Slickdeals, so expect them to run out by tomorrow[/QUOTE]
This was posted on SD (and several other mainstream deal sites) on the same day it was posted here. I think the only thing that saved it for you guys was that massive initial rush of texting, most of those communities marked the deal as dead.

[quote name='uEih']Sounds like it's only 100 MS Points now.[/QUOTE]
I know it sucks for all of you guys, but I'd be fine with a reduction in points awarded, if it also meant an increase in the number of wins per day (ie. redistribuition of the prize pool). I find 100MSP an acceptable trade to gaurantee that EVERY text is a winner. I know...wishful thinking.

I only entered twice early on the first day (1600 & 800). I kno LOTS of ppl who would text for me, but I hesitated to ask, because of the low return rate (30-60 texts?!). Didn't wanna waste their time (or good will) for mere MSP.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']While this is nice, and I hate to be the guy to say it, this is really useless if you are starting with a balance of 0 points. 100 MS points will not get you anything?[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

You never look at the marketplace, do you? There's gamerpics, some old themes, avatar crap, indie games, etc. No one is acting like it's the GREATEST THING EVAR!!

Also, you might want to actually try something (I Made A Game With Zombies) before you assume how good it is based on it's price.

bread's done
Back