That MP3 thing at EBGames

Deiji

CAG Veteran
I was at EBGames buying Contact when I saw this thing behind the counter that apparently turns your DS into a MP3 player. Seeing as how I'm lacking in that part as of late, I was thinking about getting one. But before doing so, I turn to CAG.

My question is: have anyone of you heard of this, and is it worth getting?

MP3 players are less then $50. Just buy a standard one. The last thing you want is to carry around you're DS and using that as an MP3 player. Apple sells the 512MB shuffle for $30 online. Buy that.

It was something I was thinking about just because I didn't wanna carry something else in my pockets. But I think I'll suck it up and get a MP3 player from TRU for $40. It's 1GB too, which is great since I need something with space.

[quote name='Deiji']It was a matter of battery life.[/quote]

mmm... I wouldn't count on getting the same battery life out of the DS while it's playing mp3s. Probably takes up a considerable amount of CPU time to decode and play.

I've also noticed that with headphones plugged in to the jack on the DS, I can detect a bit more noise than usual, which I can live with. It is more noisy, though, than a stand-along mp3 player like the Dell Jukebox or iPod.

[quote name='guyjr']mmm... I wouldn't count on getting the same battery life out of the DS while it's playing mp3s. Probably takes up a considerable amount of CPU time to decode and play.

I've also noticed that with headphones plugged in to the jack on the DS, I can detect a bit more noise than usual, which I can live with. It is more noisy, though, than a stand-along mp3 player like the Dell Jukebox or iPod.[/quote]

You're probably right with that one since WiFi takes a kick out of the DS battery, I hear. Thanks for the input though. I'll have to see about some offers in the area once I get my first paycheck.

bread's done
Back