The awesome Morrissey gif experience OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strell']I'm curious, Hex and LB, if it bothers you that the majority of homosexual men on TV tend to be the most extreme and flamboyant types imaginable. Seems like that's the only way you can be gay and be in the public eye. [/QUOTE]

Yes, very much! See it's not just THAT. It works just like how when you hear the sad story about the girl who starves herself after reading Cosmo or Seventeen because SHE wants to be like the prty girlz!!

Since we are made out to be so fruity and flamboyant like that..a lot of gay guys feel that they HAVE to have some sort of "typical gayness" to them. Meaning they have to know how to apply make up, or know all about fashion, or be a food guru, etc. It's different if you have a passion for something like that, but I really feel that lot of these guys only do it because they feel required to do it..to fit their part.

I came out when I was 18. 19 was a very flamboyant age for me.. :rofl: I mean, I did basically just that. I had no idea I could live my life the way I was before..but now that everyone knew me as THAT, oh man. I had to have the nicest clothes, I had to always look good.. I had to be uber thin and in shape..ETC

Then I realized it was bullshit, gained 25lbs (LOL *cries*) and don't care about clothing really. Kinda sad because I almost gave up gaming for my "new fun hobby". Luckily my Gamecube convinced me to stay

But that seems to be how the media, and the public in general, are comfortable labelling those respective groups. As extreme as possible so it's easier for them to separate the groups from themselves instead of realizing that people are people.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']But that seems to be how the media, and the public in general, are comfortable labelling those respective groups. As extreme as possible so it's easier for them to separate the groups from themselves instead of realizing that people are people.[/quote]

Well yeah, with the added benefit that flamers are more entertaining than normal gay guys, and they're easy to make fun of.

People should just get off this antiquated idea that there's some sort of "normal" and you can easily align yourself as such.

There's not. There's never been. There's just always been groups of people willing to scream out loudly about how "them people r diff'rnt" and pretend that they themselves are the best possible construction of humanity.

I mean, let people do what they want. You're always going to be able to find people who agree with you on some basic levels.

It's not like X characteristic is such a threat to everything, just because you don't subscribe to it.

Oh well. I guess I can only think for myself.

[quote name='Strell']People should just get off this antiquated idea that there's some sort of "normal" and you can easily align yourself as such.[/quote]
You're correct, I suppose I have a misplaced use of the term "normal". By normal, I mean that I believe that the majority of homosexual males are no different than other guys in the realm of personality; we get a kick out of sports, guns, cars, working hard, that sort of thing. The minority is the type who're very, very effimate, loud and make a point to shove their sexuality down the throats of other people and just force feed people their quirky mannerisms... for this reason they're a popular, if not unfortunate example that's taken by popular outlets such as media and then labeled on all homosexual males. Unfortunately even in homosexual circles this is the dominant idea: I read homosexual literature sometimes, and often it describes situations as "all of us felt at a young age that we wanted to be more like our mothers, that pink was our colour, or that sports and manly things disinterested use. We gre up to rebel, to be effimate", to paraphrase. I read this, and I think a lot of other gay men would as well, and disagree; not all of us grew up feeling this way. I will admit, and sometimes it's a bit TMI, but I am a submissive guy and, as weird as it might sound, I prefer to be the "female" in the relationship, if you know what I mean. The issue there is again conforming to traditonal man-woman beliefs, so I suppose I'm just undermining myself by comparing my relationship desires to such. But, be my interest as it may, I don't just swing over to the overtly flamboyant type, just because I can, or to say 'fuck the establishment'.

For those of us who just want typical, again "normal" lives, we just ask that we be given the same rights as heterosexual couples and to be treated like everyone else. We don't want to force straight people to watch two guys fuck, that's just ruining what we've worked for with regard to equal treatment.

Although, I can understand the allure of forcing straight people to watch it, though it's not really right. I do have a rebellious side, and it defintely gets... stroked.. when I see the institution rebelled against. ;)

The ratio of "everyday" gay folks to 'overly flamboyant' folks in real life I've found is between 10/15 to 1.

I hate Jay Leno's gay jokes.

New Boondocks, Casey? Starts Monday, I assume? All I'm saying, is it's a good thing Demonoid is back up :lol:.

Oh and I got my CAG "Play Cheap" jammy yesterday. Awesome...

I keep forgetting I made rice crispies last night.

Those will be delicious.

New Boondocks? Wow. I guess even Adult Swim can get something right every once and a while. I'm there.

[quote name='Hex']You're correct, I suppose I have a misplaced use of the term "normal". By normal, I mean that I believe that the majority of homosexual males are no different than other guys in the realm of personality; we get a kick out of sports, guns, cars, working hard, that sort of thing. The minority is the type who're very, very effimate, loud and make a point to shove their sexuality down the throats of other people and just force feed people their quirky mannerisms... for this reason they're a popular, if not unfortunate example that's taken by popular outlets such as media and then labeled on all homosexual males. Unfortunately even in homosexual circles this is the dominant idea: I read homosexual literature sometimes, and often it describes situations as "all of us felt at a young age that we wanted to be more like our mothers, that pink was our colour, or that sports and manly things disinterested use. We gre up to rebel, to be effimate", to paraphrase. I read this, and I think a lot of other gay men would as well, and disagree; not all of us grew up feeling this way. I will admit, and sometimes it's a bit TMI, but I am a submissive guy and, as weird as it might sound, I prefer to be the "female" in the relationship, if you know what I mean. The issue there is again conforming to traditonal man-woman beliefs, so I suppose I'm just undermining myself by comparing my relationship desires to such. But, be my interest as it may, I don't just swing over to the overtly flamboyant type, just because I can, or to say 'fuck the establishment'.

For those of us who just want typical, again "normal" lives, we just ask that we be given the same rights as heterosexual couples and to be treated like everyone else. We don't want to force straight people to watch two guys fuck, that's just ruining what we've worked for with regard to equal treatment.

Although, I can understand the allure of forcing straight people to watch it, though it's not really right. I do have a rebellious side, and it defintely gets... stroked.. when I see the institution rebelled against. ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl: there I go again, turning another thread gay. Man, maybe it's true. Maybe gay is contagious :whistle2:(

I completely agree with you. I too am a total wife :lol:..but I'm not skippin down the street and wearin skirts and all.The only thing that's sterotypical about me, is my choice in music. I can't help it, but even when I was little.. people like Madonna and Whitney (LOL) and Janet Jackson appealed to me..::shrugs::

[quote name='lilboo']but I'm not skippin down the street and wearin skirts and all[/QUOTE]

Well wtf that's what I'm doing.

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: there I go again, turning another thread gay. Man, maybe it's true. Maybe gay is contagious :whistle2:(

I completely agree with you. I too am a total wife :lol:..but I'm not skippin down the street and wearin skirts and all.The only thing that's sterotypical about me, is my choice in music. I can't help it, but even when I was little.. people like Madonna and Whitney (LOL) and Janet Jackson appealed to me..::shrugs::[/quote]
homo.gif

[quote name='lilboo']High Five Girlfriend!!!!!! :grouphug:

~*teehee~*[/quote]

Alright, now even I'm queasy. :lol:

Quick, talk about something manly! Uh... how about them Rockies? Finally our baseball team doesn't suck.

[quote name='Hex']Alright, now even I'm queasy. :lol:

Quick, talk about something manly! Uh... how about them Rockies? Finally our baseball team doesn't suck.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's easy to win when you use a humidor.

That youtube video HURTS. He is so god damn delusional.
...on the other side of it all, if and ONLY IF he is completely pulling everyones leg then I think its fucking brilliant especially getting onto Maury.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea new boondocks monday at 11:30.[/quote]

This seems off. I'm sure you're right, but since when does [AS] run new shit on a weeknight?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hmm, should probably go get some iced coffee. Where's Shrike to call it sludge?[/quote]

better yet, where the fuck is shrike, period?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This seems off. I'm sure you're right, but since when does [AS] run new shit on a weeknight?[/QUOTE]

Well, Cartoon Network now plays live action movies/tv shows now instead of just cartoons.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']That youtube video HURTS. He is so god damn delusional.
...on the other side of it all, if and ONLY IF he is completely pulling everyones leg then I think its fucking brilliant especially getting onto Maury.[/QUOTE]

Oh, absolutely!!

However, people like Hex & myself just don't like whatever character he is making of himself. We just don't need people thinking ALL homosexual males are like that. ::shudders::

[quote name='Dkellar']Well, it's easy to win when you use a humidor.[/quote]

A what? Aren't those for cigars? :whistle2:s

Al Bundy is my hero.
Also, Peg Bundy is my hero as well.. :lol:

Hooters, hooters yum yum yum! Hooters, hooters, on a girl that's dumb!

Bud: "Burbon flavored bon-bons, romance novels..? Kenny G CD?"
Kelly:" Hmm, you and Dad are gonna have quite a time tonight, huh Mom?"
Bud:"... batteries...?

:rofl:

Just made a copy of The Shining as my girlfriend fell asleep half way through(We were higher than high :lol:). Now I'm going to attempt to copy Garden State as it's been fucking up as of late. It's been a while since I've copied movies. I'm somewhat surprised I got it right on my first try.

[quote name='Hex']Oh, I see. Sports drama makes me :rofl:. I prefer hockey anyway, the jerseys are sexier.

I've noticed that after the Man Vs Wild controversy, there hasn't been a peep about Bear Grylls. What a shame.. he was inarguably the sexiest man alive. He can scale my Grand Tetons, if you know what I mean.[/quote]
New episodes in November.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']New episodes in November.[/quote]

...Srsly?

Have they even addressed the allegations of him slacking off? :O

[quote name='Number83']What was the controversy? Me and my son( he's 6) loved watching that show. Then they havent been on in ages. What Gives?[/quote]

The BBC reported that rather than roughing it some nights he would go to resorts nearby, or he'd be in an area with really close proximity to people.

And then there's this:

He acted like he was miles from nowhere, etc.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is[/MEDIA]

[quote name='GuyWithGun']And then there's this:

He acted like he was miles from nowhere, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is[/quote]
Yeah, that too.

So he exaggerates things.. but he makes me moist while doing it. fuck he has an awesome accent/voice.

Hopefully they'll be a bit more truthful this season, and with less elephant-shit-fluid-drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back