The Beer, Pussy, and Chicken Fingers OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Islands of Adventure tomorrow.

Bad: December 22nd at IoA will likely mean stupid-sized crowds, especially at Harry Potter.

Good: $200 for 3 nights at a resort due to timeshare points, free tickets to IoA, and hopefully shorter lines at everything that isn't Harry Potter, as has been the trend since WWoHP opened.

We'll see if I regret this decision or not... driving home from Orlando on Christmas Eve is gonna be a bitch.

[quote name='Rocko']Going to Islands of Adventure tomorrow.

Bad: December 22nd at IoA will likely mean stupid-sized crowds, especially at Harry Potter.

Good: $200 for 3 nights at a resort due to timeshare points, free tickets to IoA, and hopefully shorter lines at everything that isn't Harry Potter, as has been the trend since WWoHP opened.

We'll see if I regret this decision or not... driving home from Orlando on Christmas Eve is gonna be a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I was there 2 weeks ago and the lines for HP weren't too bad...except for Ollivanders, that line was around the corner. Not sure what it would be like 3 days before christmas however, when everyone is off from school.

[quote name='Number83']I was there 2 weeks ago and the lines for HP weren't too bad...except for Ollivanders, that line was around the corner. Not sure what it would be like 3 days before christmas however, when everyone is off from school.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went last year like two weeks before Thanksgiving and it wasn't bad. The roller coaster with the video of you going around Hogwart's did make me want to blow chunks though. That said, the earlier you go the better it is.

Yeah, Ollivander's is always packed, they do some kind of wand-choosing ceremony thing to imitate the books/films. But, I mean, they sell wands in other shops and in carts around the park so it's kind of unnecessary unless you have little kids who really want to do it.

I was there like 3 weeks ago, but it was during an overcast weekday while schools were still in so naturally everything was barren. I'm afraid that it'll be a 180 tomorrow in terms of crowds. Ah well.

Man, I rarely every look for, watch or even read about the movies, tv shows and broadcast that I do but whenever I do try to find one I can never fucking find it. It usually takes about 7 months to go from being shot to airing and by then I forget about it but when I am interested in seeing how something turned out and I can never do it.

It annoys me so much.

Ides of March, Fish Zoo zoos and Wham wham and 3 tv ads seem to all but vanished off the face of the earth.

[quote name='DT778']Watching Planet Earth, they have 30 lions hunting an elephant. Almost all the are lions just chasing it while one comically is grabbing on to the elephants ass and biting it. Elephant goes through a bush then they cut to a shot of the elephant already dead. Weak. fucking weak. Does it show the kill on the bluray set?[/QUOTE]

No. I think they honestly lost it and found it later. Could you imagine how hard it would be to film something like that in the dark hundreds of kilometers from a city (Yeah, I went metric)?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It is better than the alternative
Brody was actually supposed to kill the VP, but they decided against it later on.
. I keep trying to tell people who awesome this show is, but no one seems to listen. Aside from Claire Danes being slightly annoying, the show was pretty fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]

It's one of my favorite all time shows now. Honestly, I wasn't sure how I wanted it to play out. Claire Danes being annoying seemed to add to the role sometimes.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZEOM13UyZ0A

The Hobbit looks fucking sick. I can't fucking wait.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it looks good in 2D and I have a year to have them change my mind if I want to see it in 3D.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, I rarely every look for, watch or even read about the movies, tv shows and broadcast that I do but whenever I do try to find one I can never fucking find it. It usually takes about 7 months to go from being shot to airing and by then I forget about it but when I am interested in seeing how something turned out and I can never do it.

It annoys me so much.

Ides of March, Fish Zoo zoos and Wham wham and 3 tv ads seem to all but vanished off the face of the earth.[/QUOTE]

The Ides of March comes out on DVD/Blu January 17th. I have no fucking clue what the others are.

[quote name='flowery']It's one of my favorite all time shows now. Honestly, I wasn't sure how I wanted it to play out. Claire Danes being annoying seemed to add to the role sometimes.

I'm glad it looks good in 2D and I have a year to have them change my mind if I want to see it in 3D.

The Ides of March comes out on DVD/Blu January 17th. I have no fucking clue what the others are.[/QUOTE]

Featured length movie, Indie movie, NFL Play 60 ad, Ford ad, Country Music Station Texas Women reality show tv ad.

Worked on all of them...probably will never see any of them.

This game I got from Goozex was wrapped in a big chunk of a Coke fridge pack in a Walmart bag inside of a bubble mailer. That's the weirdest way that I've seen a game or whatever be packed for shipping to me.

The guy I play in my fantasy league this week has Drew Breese and Matt Ryan and that's about it, so I picked up Julio Jones, Lance Moore and Darren Sproles in hopes that they throw TD's to those guys like crazy and he gets fucked by it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This game I got from Goozex was wrapped in a big chunk of a Coke fridge pack in a Walmart bag inside of a bubble mailer. That's the weirdest way that I've seen a game or whatever be packed for shipping to me.[/QUOTE]

Sounds picture worthy.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am pretty sure I asked you, but did you get to talk to Barry Sanders?[/QUOTE]

If by talked you mean inform him of where he was suppose to stand, sit and look then yes.

Unless you are the Producer or at the very least extremely rich and important you are not really suppose to make small talk with celb. Although Barry only had his one assistant with him and he seemed pretty laid back enough to walk up and talk to. He spent most of the day talking to Ford Jr and press. Most celb are cool with it but there were a shit ton of "handers" for the other Lions players they were on the edge of going ape shit if anyone did anything. Suh was really cool though he had some type of meeting he had to get to and we ran late and he wasnt even pissed.

By the way here is the ad if anyone wanted to see it. (this isnt my channel I just found it on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9m4AAaGvGY

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
Chicken Fingers= The best food ever. I like ordering them off the kids menu since it saves a few bucks.[/QUOTE]They don't let me order off the kids menu because I'm too old. Spaghetti is the best food IMO.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']They don't let me order off the kids menu because I'm too old. Spaghetti is the best food IMO.[/QUOTE]

Were you waiting to make your reply post 69 because you love to eat the pussy?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Were you waiting to make your reply post 69 because you love to eat the pussy?[/QUOTE]I didn't know this thread existed until a CAG member sent me an IM about it (I was just watching Darker Than Black season 2 while I heard the notification)..

Just saw a thing about North Korea on NGEO. Unbelievable and terrifying whats happening there. It seems like a cross between Nazi Germany and a country wide cult.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This game I got from Goozex was wrapped in a big chunk of a Coke fridge pack in a Walmart bag inside of a bubble mailer. That's the weirdest way that I've seen a game or whatever be packed for shipping to me.[/QUOTE]

Is the return address that of Angus MacGyver?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Were you waiting to make your reply post 69 because you love to eat the pussy?[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause:

I will have to add that I rather enjoy having some chicken strips every now and again, especially dipping them in Stubb's BBQ sauce.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Unless you are the Producer or at the very least extremely rich and important you are not really suppose to make small talk with celb.[/QUOTE]

That kind of idea and statement make me angry. fuck "celebrities" and the fact that they shouldn't ever be bothered by "normal" people. Anyone that acts like that need the shit beat out of them.

[quote name='flowery']I will have to add that I rather enjoy having some chicken strips every now and again, especially dipping them in Stubb's BBQ sauce.

That kind of idea and statement make me angry. fuck "celebrities" and the fact that they shouldn't ever be bothered by "normal" people. Anyone that acts like that need the shit beat out of them.[/QUOTE]

Well the problem with that line of thinking in my line of work is that the people who made those rules....also sign my checks. So I can either be unemployed and right or employed and slightly annoyed. Not to take a stab at you my friend but its extremely easy to say that when its not your job on the line.

The catch 22 of it all is this, I meet a shit ton of celbs because I could give a fuck less about them, so my producer trust me to not star gaze. In fact at one of the production companies I work for has a big poster on the wall that says, "Celb Soodmeg has pissed off!"

I am up to about 15 or so....mostly because since I work in TV I dont really watch any TV. Just like if you worked in IT you dont normally come home and jump on a computer. So most of the time I have no idea who people are and I wind up not treating them special which pisses them off. (I am extremely nice in real life but even thats not enough sometimes) my latest victim is Ryan Gosling....who I pissed of because I ask his guest not to lean against the platform I was shooting on. (it was shaking the camera)

Other notables include,

Barbra Streisand
Swifty from D12
Fred Durst
The stage manger for REO Speedwagon who actually fired me for standing on a rug that only the lead singer was suppose to stand on.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']They don't let me order off the kids menu because I'm too old. Spaghetti is the best food IMO.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Spaghetti sauce is full of all sorts of weird little pieces and unidentifable things. As a former picky eater I still have trouble with it, and can't handle "chunky" sauce.

You'll eat that but can't handle a bun on burger or sauce touching your chicken fingers? I call BS.

Holy fucking shit. I got up to Orlando and the girl I'm staying with got us a resort with timeshare points. I'm thinking it'll be a slightly nicer hotel room.

We have a 1,100+ sq. foot room. 2 stories, 2 bed 2 bath, huge living/dining area, kitchen, the whole 9 fucking yards. This might be nicer than my parents' home, to be quite honest.

[quote name='eldergamer']Wait, what? Spaghetti sauce is full of all sorts of weird little pieces and unidentifable things. As a former picky eater I still have trouble with it, and can't handle "chunky" sauce.

You'll eat that but can't handle a bun on burger or sauce touching your chicken fingers? I call BS.[/QUOTE]

I am the exact same way...only tomato sauce I use is what I make, because I know what goes in it. If I am really desparate, I'll use Contadina Sauce, because it is just tomatoes.

[quote name='Rocko']Holy fucking shit. I got up to Orlando and the girl I'm staying with got us a resort with timeshare points. I'm thinking it'll be a slightly nicer hotel room.

We have a 1,100+ sq. foot room. 2 stories, 2 bed 2 bath, huge living/dining area, kitchen, the whole 9 fucking yards. This might be nicer than my parents' home, to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]

Marry her!

757831000.jpg

Isn't love a wonderful thing?

One of the kissing lesbian sailors is named Gaeta. Which is amusing -- but not too amusing -- if you're a BSG fan. It would be more amusing if the Gaeta lesbian was missing a leg and ate alone in the mess hall.

You could put an eye out with those little Navy formal hats.

[quote name='eldergamer']Wait, what? Spaghetti sauce is full of all sorts of weird little pieces and unidentifable things. As a former picky eater I still have trouble with it, and can't handle "chunky" sauce.

You'll eat that but can't handle a bun on burger or sauce touching your chicken fingers? I call BS.[/QUOTE]I get Ragu sauce original sauce, which is very plain and flat. I got out of eating spaghetti for years due to the chunky Prego stuff (which is why I switched).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I get Ragu sauce original sauce, which is very plain and flat. I got out of eating spaghetti for years due to the chunky Prego stuff (which is why I switched).[/QUOTE]

Next time, run a cup full of that 'sauce' through a strainer...watch what comes out.

It's why I make my own now...

Of course you're going to find chunks of stuff in pasta sauce unless you want it filtered with cheesecloth or something. Even if you blend the stuff for hours there will still be plant matter present that will be caught if poured through a filtering medium.

[quote name='Dkellar']Of course you're going to find chunks of stuff in pasta sauce unless you want it filtered with cheesecloth or something. Even if you blend the stuff for hours there will still be plant matter present that will be caught if poured through a filtering medium.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but if TMK thinks Ragu Original is very plain and flat he is sorely mistaken.

Fuck you guys, now I want some spaghetti and sauce.

On an unrelated note, transferring all of The Wire to my Touchpad for watching at the airport and on the plane. High hopes for this show.

[quote name='Number83']I agree, but if TMK thinks Ragu Original is very plain and flat he is sorely mistaken.[/QUOTE]I have poured it down a sink before (when I had a bad jar with some white crap in it).

[quote name='darthbudge']I know there aren't many PC gamers in here, but this is a great deal. It can be activated on Steam. Makes me wish I had $10.[/QUOTE]

I bought it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back