The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='serum79']I don't think it's an awful deal considering that if you bought 3 $49.99 games in a NY tru store it would be $162.90 with tax. With this online deal you would be saving $15.76 per game for a total of $47.28 saved altogether and that's including shipping and tax. That's a pretty good deal even for an online promotion, it's the best you can get without waiting for price drops[/QUOTE]

yeah, not truly awful, but not so much CAG either...

Has anybody tried to PM with Sears yet? I think I might try since they still have the original Donkey Konga set and it's been calling out to me...

Local TRU had alot of stuff. I got Fire Emblem PoR, Far Cry and DDS. now I can fill the holes in my shelf until I get tired of Socom 3 :lol:

Well, I just got three games online shipped for $106.47. Fiunally got the Radiata, Stella Deus, Shinign Force Neo combo to work. I would have preferred to get them in the store. But seeing as shipping was ony $2.16 a game that's not bad.

And there's a $5 pricegrabber rebate on SD.

The only reason it worked is because Ace Combat is originally $50 and it green tagged to $25 dollars AFTER the B2G1 free deal is computed. You can't just use any game to take advantage of the glitch.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

The green tag glitch for everyone again. When the computer figures out what games to give you for free, it goes by the original price. Just ask the cashier to ring up the green tag game first so it doesn't become your free game.

Example
Ace Combat 5 (PS2) $50
Mario Baseball (GCN) $50
Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood (Xbox) $50
Grand total: $75 + tax

Brothers in Arms becomes the free game, THEN the computer takes 50% off the green tagged Ace Combat 5. This will not work with a game that's regularly priced $25. It will give you that game as your free game and put your total at $100 + tax if you get 2 $50 games. The key to the whole thing is to ask the cashier to ring up the green tagged game FIRST.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

So does anyone know what Xenosaga II rings up before they apply the 50% off? I only ask this because I know that it's now $10, but at my store the green tag stickers say $49.99. Buying two of those and a $49.99 and only paying $20 would be sweet. But I wonder since the price drop, if the original price has changed in the computers, making it not work.

[quote name='Arcadia27']So does anyone know what Xenosaga II rings up before they apply the 50% off? I only ask this because I know that it's now $10, but at my store the green tag stickers say $49.99. Buying two of those and a $49.99 and only paying $20 would be sweet. But I wonder since the price drop, if the original price has changed in the computers, making it not work.[/QUOTE]

its because the employees arent updating the prices. Toys r US is not A YMMV type thing in the past few monthes.

i just picked up Fire Emblem, Romancing Saga, and Metal Slug 4/5 for $89.98. I was going to wait for Romancing Saga to drop in price but I needed to fill the void since they didn't have Shining Force Neo in. Oh well

At TRU I got

Digital Devil Saga I
Makai Kingdom
Halo 2 CE

I then went to Gamecrazy price matched got.

Atelier Iris
Digital Devil Saga II
Stella Deus

and to top it off the Gamecrazy clerk was a cute girl so all and all a good day.

1st purchase:

Shadow of the Colossus 39.99
Jak X 39.99

Free game: Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition (xbox)

-------------------------------------------

2nd purchase:

Ghostwarrior (green tag glitch) rings up for 19.99 -- 9.47 actual price
Super Monkey Ball 1& 2 (Xbox) 19.99

free game: Capcom Classics Collection (xbox)

total price for 3 games: 30 ish.

[quote name='Staind204']Any good suggestions for 3 good 19.99 games? I'm thinking maybe the Capcom Collection, MAT 3, and something else.. any ideas?[/QUOTE]

i'd suggest recent ps2 greatest hits like jak 3, ratchet 3, or sly 2 if you don't yet have any of them.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']id be really happy with digital devil saga 2, makai kingdom and shining force neo.

But knowing toys r us, they will never get DDS 2 or shining force neo.[/QUOTE]

I saw SFN at TRU in NJ...no DDS2 tho

Does it have to be select games that they listed? Or can it be any game of that price group?
I want to wait till RE4 is released and get it with Shadow of the Colossus.

They say they never gotten DDS2, Stella Deus. I didnt get them and didnt get atelier iris. They said they dont have Shining Force Neo, they might get that game in. so i end up getting

Battalion Wars
Fire Emblem: PoR
Makai Kingdom

Makai Kingdom doesnt have that sticker label at the stop and the wrapping is so loose. Its like a resealed game. So im not sure. what about u guys? about the MK game.

GT glitch did NOT work for me. Not that I'm complaining, these are decent prices. I rang up Galleon, Dead to Rights 2, and then Capcom Classics (19.99 game), and the total was 30 dollars. The reason might be because the two GT games are 19.95, rather than 19.99. Otherwise, between two stores, I came away with this:

3 Dead to Rights 2 (All XBox)
2 Galleon
R-Type Final
Capcom Classics
Nightmare of Druaga
Hitman Contracts

All for 70 bucks. I'll keep Capcom, R-Type, and Hitman, but the others should go back to Blockbuster for about 120-130 in credit. Not bad!

I went to TRU this morning early. Waited for about 40 minutes reading a book (this was nice, away from the family quiet time to read a good Fantasy book,,,,priceless) and much to my surprise, I was the only one there first thing when they opened. Since I am terrible at making up my mind, I went around forever trying to decide. Waaaaaay too many games in that I wanted (and of ocurse many OOS....made it easier but sad).
So, after an hour of looking around I finally decided upon these:

$20 Set:
Batman Returns (GCN)
Shadows of Rome (PS2)
The Punisher (Xbox)

$40 Set:
SSX On Tour (Xbox)
Serious Sam 2 (Xbox)
Blitz the League (Xbox)

Mixed Set 2x $40 and 1 x $50
Lego Star Wars (Xbox)
MX vs. ATV Unleashed (Xbox)
Juiced (Xbox)

In Basket but finally passed up on since money was running short:
Alien Hominid (PS2)
Mario Baseball (GCN)
Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
The Warriors (Xbox)

***I may go back for these but with more new games on the horizon I may wait plus I fear going back in to another TRU and having to make the decisions all over again
icon_lol.gif

My goal was to get some games I wanted as well as some to play with my kids. So while Juiced, MX, Batman and Lego Star Wars may not be on everyone's A-List, my kiddos really wanted them and I have been holding off forever and the deal makes it a good thing to get
icon_smile.gif

...and yes...I loved Serious Sam and had to get the sequel.
eusa_clap.gif
new_bouncy.gif

[quote name='trunks982']
Makai Kingdom doesnt have that sticker label at the stop and the wrapping is so loose. Its like a resealed game. So im not sure. [/QUOTE]Sony stop putting those sticker labels at the top of the case. They started like a month or two ago. If you check other new releases, they don't have them either.

Using the GT glitch, I picked up SMT: Nocturne, Gallop Racer 2004, and Makai Kingdom for $50, so thanks to everyone for the info on that procedure.

[quote name='Reizer']Sony stop putting those sticker labels at the top of the case. They started like a month or two ago. If you check other new releases, they don't have them either.[/QUOTE]

yea but why the seal wrapping is sooo loose? i dont even need a sharp object to rip the plastic. i just pulled it out with one strength.

Thanks for posting about the GT glitch! Was having trouble figuring out a good combination, didn't want to leave any of the rare games behind (I figure they won't get We [heart] Katamari restocked by the end of the week if they run out)..

So I got:
Ace Combat 5 (Green tag)
Metal Slug 4 & 5
We Heart Katamari (free!)

for $70... not the greatest CAG ever but not bad for 3 good games.

I'm hoping to go back later in the week for Soul Calibur 3, Burnout Revenge, and a-third-game-to-be-decided. (Maybe Tecmo Classics if it's $29, maybe SSX On Tour)..

Just go into the store, it's an amazing deal. This year I picked up:

Ultimate Spider-Man
X-Men Legends II
Burnout Revenge
Batallion Wars
Fire Emblem
Mario Superstar Baseball
Geist
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Pyschonauts
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
SSX On Tour

Normally these games would've cost me about $570 plus tax. I (well I and my parents doing some Christmas shopping for me) spent about $400 with tax. I love this sale.

I got

1. Green Tag $29.99 Thief: Deadly Shadows ($15) XB
2. Green Tag $19.99 Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded ($10) XB
3. $19.99 Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (free) GC

Total was 26.96 including tax.

[quote name='smapty']Using the GT glitch, I picked up SMT: Nocturne, Gallop Racer 2004, and Makai Kingdom for $50, so thanks to everyone for the info on that procedure.[/QUOTE]

I must say - that is some damn good luck to be able to find both a Nocturne AND a Gallop 2004 to take advantage of in this sale. ^___^ Congrads on the find!

anybody ordering online want to help me out? I really want THAW, but it is the only $50 game on the lists I want. So if some one wants a $40 game I will order it for you if you order me the THAW? I will pay the $10 difference too.

i had to go to 3 tru to get shadow of the colossus (for sacramento cag the arden and greenback store are both out)... but after finally getting to a store with games in stock i ended up getting

1. shadow of the colossus
2. fire emblem
3. dragonball z taikaichi

[quote name='mr ryles']anybody ordering online want to help me out? I really want THAW, but it is the only $50 game on the lists I want. So if some one wants a $40 game I will order it for you if you order me the THAW? I will pay the $10 difference too.[/QUOTE]

I might be confused by your plan, but are you saying that you'll pay 10 bucks extra PLUS shipping just to have THAW? I don't think you're saving that much money that way.

Does nobody realize that this is more expensive than finding any of these preowned at EB after CAG15, Edge Card, and SAVER?

EDIT: Except green tag games.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Does nobody realize that this is more expensive than finding any of these preowned at EB after CAG15, Edge Card, and SAVER?[/QUOTE]

well these are new and its not always easy to get ahold of used games that game out 5 days ago

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Does nobody realize that this is more expensive than finding any of these preowned at EB after CAG15, Edge Card, and SAVER?

EDIT: Except green tag games.[/QUOTE]

Well I dont have EDGE and somethimes it just nice to get New games, But your right for the most part. If you choose correctly you can save some cash..

Today I got Shadow of the Colossus, Fire Emblem and NBA Live 2006. Hope to go back and try the Green Tag B1G1...They have Thief, Breakdown and I'm sure I can find one more...Any suggestions?

[quote name='iheartmetal']well these are new and its not always easy to get ahold of used games that game out 5 days ago[/QUOTE]

If your doing that fine, but I noticed a lot of people were getting games that were a month or two old and have plenty in stock at EB. Why were they waiting for this sale?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Does nobody realize that this is more expensive than finding any of these preowned at EB after CAG15, Edge Card, and SAVER?

EDIT: Except green tag games.[/QUOTE]

also except if you are buyin 1st party Nintendo games, they hardly drop their prices, especially if they sell well

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']also except if you are buyin 1st party Nintendo games, they hardly drop their prices, especially if they sell well[/QUOTE]

But you can still find them preowned at EB, so your argument doesn't make any sense.

Glad I bought my initial batch of games yesterday... by the time I got to TRU to get my difference back (at 2 pm), they were already sold out of The Warriors for ps2, and I think Fire Emblem for GC.

So far, I've gotten:

The Warriors
Fire Emblem
Dragonball Z: Tenkaichi

And today I picked up:

Blitz: The League
Jak X: Combat Racing
Genji (Not sure if I'm going to trade this for something else though)

Wednesday I'll get:

Soul Calibur 3
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Resident Evil 4

That will finish me up for the sale... yea, I could probably wait for price drops, but most of these games are from series I loved, and I don't think I want to wait the 9 months for the Sony games to go GH... shit, by that time ps3 will be out, I might as well enjoy the games now.

Other then 2 or 3 other games coming out, I'll be done for the rest of the year.

I'm confused about the in-store deal. Do you have to buy two games of the same price in order to get the free games? Does that mean I have to buy two 50-dollar games, or two 40-dollar games for the deal to work? I can't buy one 50 and one 40, and get a free game?

[quote name='ComTruise']I'm confused about the in-store deal. Do you have to buy two games of the same price in order to get the free games? Does that mean I have to buy two 50-dollar games, or two 40-dollar games for the deal to work? I can't buy one 50 and one 40, and get a free game?[/QUOTE]
You buy 2 games and get a free game equal to or cheaper than the cheapest you bought. So

$50,$50, free $50

$50,$40, free $40

$20,$50, free $20

[quote name='ComTruise']I'm confused about the in-store deal. Do you have to buy two games of the same price in order to get the free games? Does that mean I have to buy two 50-dollar games, or two 40-dollar games for the deal to work? I can't buy one 50 and one 40, and get a free game?[/QUOTE]
Correct... it won't make sense if you buy 2 $20 and run away with $50 for free :p

The cashier told meme that the B2G1 free is only on $49.99 games but instead of arguing, I just said, ok I'll take them anway since I knew he was wrong and the computer would still take off the 3rd game for free. Needless to say, the cashier was quite surprised he saw it worked on all games.

You can mix and match prices. The free game must be the same value of the lowest title.

Went to TRU today and picked up the following:
Blitz the League
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Total - $64.44

I may head back in a day or two and see if there's any other game I'd be interested in.

So I can buy Soul Calibur III ($50), Resident Evil 4 ($40), and get anything else for free as long as it's cheaper than the other two or equal to $40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back