The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

the Conan I picked up seems spotless, guess nobody bothered to play it. Now that I have about 200 at gamestop time to wait for more good titles to dump back to BB

[quote name='io']D'oh! I think I saw Platypus marked $19.99 at one store and was hoping I could get it using the promo. One thing we are kind of overlooking in all this flipping discussion is getting a good current price list for regular stuff like this that we may want to keep. I saw almost no PSP games marked $14.99 or under but probably a lot of them actually are.[/quote]

Yah, that's why I reported my prices. Gamerush is notorious for having old price stickers. The Xbox 360 list is great, but I'd love to see some updated PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, DS, PSP, GBA, Wii, PS3 lists. Are any PS3 games $15 or under? I don't think I saw any stickered under $16.99 today. If I pick up anything else, I will report prices here. I saw Suikoden V PS2 marked at $20...I wonder if it's really that price or actually lower.

[quote name='Rictor']Yah, that's why I reported my prices. Gamerush is notorious for having old price stickers. The Xbox 360 list is great, but I'd love to see some updated PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, DS, PSP, GBA, Wii, PS3 lists. Are any PS3 games $15 or under? I don't think I saw any stickered under $16.99 today. If I pick up anything else, I will report prices here. I saw Suikoden V PS2 marked at $20...I wonder if it's really that price or actually lower.[/quote]

yeah seems like not many people are trading in PS3 games? I saw about 3-4 used versions of GTA IV for 360 already.

Looks like Harry Potter for PS3 is the best TIV right now 9.99 > 16 or you can even dump more

2x Harry P. > 32

[quote name='swetooth9']wait, we're supposed to be FLIPPING Conan, Golden Compass, Jumper, Meet the Robinsons, and Shrek????? wtf, i've been playing this flipping game all wrong! I thought those were for our personal collection! ;)[/QUOTE]
Actually, I did keep a Golden Compass that I bought about a week and half ago (when I was flipping stuff without the B1G1) to play at some point :oops:. So I even paid more for it than the flipping copies... Also, I have a sealed MtR that was for playing at some point (think I got that at CC a year ago or so). And I beat Shrek on a rental... But yeah, no interest in Jumper ;).

[quote name='Karuto']Hey, can anyone answer my question I had? If I buy games at one store but want to return them, can I go to a different Blockbuster? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I know someone else said you could, but in my experience they will give you a hard time. I bought one of the framed posters and when I took off one of the cardboard corners I found it was broken there. I took it to my local store and they said normally they couldn't do anything with that but since they knew me well enough they made an exception.

[quote name='Rictor']Are any PS3 games $15 or under?[/QUOTE]
No, they quite meticulously bumped all the PS3 and Wii games that were $9.99 and $14.99 to $16.99.

I'll have to pay more attention to the PSP games when I'm out tomorrow. The problem is they, like most of the games, are former rentals. I did pick up Ratchet & Clank Size Matter yesterday ($14.99). It isn't in the best condition though.

Well since the weird TIVs were posted and it spooked me, I decided to make a quick late trip. So I went to another BBV really quick and found a nice stockpile of 9.99 games. However The last time I was there (a couple of days ago), they had a BUNCH more games that were 14.99 including armored cores and bullet witch etc... that I didnt see there today. So either theres a lurking CAG in my area (ahem)....I completely missed them for some reason, OR I guess its possible someone bought them to actually *gasp* play *gasp* lol..... Oh well... I still have about another 5 or so BBV I need to hit in the next day or two (although Im actually running low on BBV credit haha who knew).

As of right now my totals are:

STARTED WITH:

$350 BBV CREDIT
$210.17 GS CREDIT
$560.17 TOTAL

CURRENTLY AT:
$185.86 BBV CREDIT
$406.18 GS CREDIT
$592.04 TOTAL PLUS I HAVE 4 GAMES TO TRADE IN TOMORROW
POTENTIAL TOTAL: $629.64

TOTAL GAINED:
$69.47

AND

Most of the credit now at GS which is a BIG win.

Ill probably do another $80-100 in flips from BBV to GS unless I can find some GSs with some good trade fodder back to BBV but we are running out of options currently.

IO FLATOUT TIV FROM GS:

FLATOUT ULTIMATE CARNAGE:
BASE: $5
+ EDGE +BONUS: $10.50

Add that to the list of good flips.

I've cleaned out 5 BBVs in my area. If I get bored tomorrow, I might hit one more to see what they have.

I need another +160 and I'm done! I think if GS has a B2G1 free deal, that'll complete my game.

one question...do you guys expect any other good flips from BBV to GS in the near future?

I might reconsider flipping more GS credit back to BBV if there won't be a good opportunity to flip it right back to GS (most CAG's preferred store for their credit because of usually better promos/prices) in the near future...

i know the GS b2g1 might come back soon, but then we'd end up with litlle GS credit left and crapload of BBV credit

[quote name='swetooth9']one question...do you guys expect any other good flips from BBV to GS in the near future?

I might reconsider flipping more GS credit back to BBV if there won't be a good opportunity to flip it right back to GS (most CAG's preferred store for their credit because of usually better promos/prices) in the near future...

i know the GS b2g1 might come back soon, but then we'd end up with litlle GS credit left and crapload of BBV credit[/quote]

Its going to be give and take. Just always keep a decent amount of credit at both places and you should be fine to be able to go back and forth when some good flips one way or the other come around.

PS3 games...

NBA 07 $14.99
Stranglehold $14.99
Stranglehold CE $14.99

These were the only 14.99 games i saw. I didn't buy any. I was hoping i could find NBA 2k7, Virtua Tennis 3, and even Virtua Fighter 5 for this sale :(

[quote name='io']
Edit - Hey h2dk, I was wondering if you were paying attention to any of this ;). How's the BBV selection down there?[/quote]

I've been out of the loop for the last couple weeks...we moved...4 houses down...and I've been installing new flooring, appliances, etc.

I hit 2 BBVs today and found 4 games (limited time looking, plus wanted scratch free). I will swing by another later tonight when I trade in the GHIII and fatal inertia that I found.

Tomorrow I'll hit the two bigger stores and see what they have. I was pretty low on BBV credit ($50) to start, so the going might be slow for awhile. I'd like to get that back up to the $2-300 range by the end of the week. Now that I have more room to "store" peripherals, I will probably preorder the whole Rock Band 2 setup:)

Off topic: Anybody have a 360 hard drive transfer kit that they can loan me? (I'd pay shipping) It looks like I will be getting a 120GB drive tomorrow for $70 off craigslist

Damn - my BB raised all the current-gen $14.99 games to $16.99. I almost got a couple of PS2 games for myself, but then I realized that even for $7 I was only getting them just because they were cheap and I put them back. I've got way too much to play as it is.

Picked up one F4 last week for $4, turned it into the following for my collection...

$10 in BB credit & $20 in GS credit (ps3 cpn!)

Armored Core 4 - 14.99
Quake IV - 14.99
Crackdown - 14.99
Sega Rally Revo - 14.99
Lord of the Rings BFME - 14.99
Rockstar Table Tennis - 9.99
XMEN the game - 9.99

PS3
Virtua Fighter 5 - 16.99 (not B1G1)

PSP
Gangs of London - 9.99

Gamecube
Battalion Wars - 6.99

XBOX
Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude - 6.99

$166 in value for $4.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='funkflexmctough']Picked up one F4 last week for $4, turned it into the following for my collection...

$10 in BB credit & $20 in GS credit (ps3 cpn!)

Armored Core 4 - 14.99
Quake IV - 14.99
Crackdown - 14.99
Sega Rally Revo - 14.99
Lord of the Rings BFME - 14.99
Rockstar Table Tennis - 9.99
XMEN the game - 9.99

PS3
Virtua Fighter 5 - 16.99 (not B1G1)

PSP
Gangs of London - 9.99

Gamecube
Battalion Wars - 6.99

XBOX
Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude - 6.99

$166 in value for $4.[/quote]

u must went between bbv and gs at least 20 times to have turn that much credit with only 30 dollars at bbv

Anyones Gamestop crack down on the $15 coupon?

I went to 3 this morning and they all said i had to put the full trade value towards NCAA 09. They had no problem with the coupon yesterday. Apparently, the district manager sent out a memo about it this morning.

[quote name='makstaks']Anyones Gamestop crack down on the $15 coupon?

I went to 3 this morning and they all said i had to put the full trade value towards NCAA 09. They had no problem with the coupon yesterday. Apparently, the district manager sent out a memo about it this morning.[/quote]

I understand if they dont take a printout BUT I dont see how they can translate that promo to mean you have to put all the trade in credit towards NCAA. It doesnt work like that lol.

[quote name='Karuto']Hey, can anyone answer my question I had? If I buy games at one store but want to return them, can I go to a different Blockbuster? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've had no problems (both Gamerush stores)... used to return instructionless copies of games from one store for a complete copy at another store. Even a few succesful returns for "defective" games at stores where I knew the title wasn't in stock. You could even add something like "I bought the last copy of (game name here) in another store, thought I'd chance a looksy here for another copy...":twisted:

[quote name='makstaks']Anyones Gamestop crack down on the $15 coupon?

I went to 3 this morning and they all said i had to put the full trade value towards NCAA 09. They had no problem with the coupon yesterday. Apparently, the district manager sent out a memo about it this morning.[/quote]

I've used them in the beginning, but now they have cracked down. I just won't be using anymore. I'll be checking out some Gamestops to see if they have them on the counter. Some of them actually put them out.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']I understand if they dont take a printout BUT I dont see how they can translate that promo to mean you have to put all the trade in credit towards NCAA. It doesnt work like that lol.[/quote]

I know! I tried to argue that.

There's a $40 NCAA coupon out there now. I even showed them the wording on this specific one to argue my case. It clearly states that trading in NCAA 09 will give you $40 towards the purchase or pre-order of madden 09.

[quote name='makstaks']I know! I tried to argue that.

There's a $40 NCAA coupon out there now. I even showed them the wording on this specific one to argue my case. It clearly states that trading in NCAA 09 will give you $40 towards the purchase or pre-order of madden 09.[/QUOTE]

Wait, there's already a "deal" to trade in a game that is released next week to get Madden 09? WTF?

[quote name='makstaks']I know! I tried to argue that.

There's a $40 NCAA coupon out there now. I even showed them the wording on this specific one to argue my case. It clearly states that trading in NCAA 09 will give you $40 towards the purchase or pre-order of madden 09.[/QUOTE]

Whats this good for? Like if you want to play NCAA just till Madden comes out?

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Whats this good for? Like if you want to play NCAA just till Madden comes out?[/quote]

It is good for when you realize you just dropped $60 on a roster update;)

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']u must went between bbv and gs at least 20 times to have turn that much credit with only 30 dollars at bbv[/quote]

2 gamestops & 2 blockbusters in 1 mile on same road in one trip :D

[quote name='confoosious']Wait, there's already a "deal" to trade in a game that is released next week to get Madden 09? WTF?[/quote]

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Whats this good for? Like if you want to play NCAA just till Madden comes out?[/quote]

from the card:

Get $40 Trade-in Credit towards the Reservation or Purchase of Madden NFL 09 when you trade in NCAA Football 09.

* $40 Trade in Credit for PS3, XBOX360 versions.
* $30 Trade in Credit for wii
* PS2 and PSP excluded.

** valid 7/15/09 to 8/17/08

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']u must went between bbv and gs at least 20 times to have turn that much credit with only 30 dollars at bbv[/quote]

I've went from $40 in BBV credit to $98 in BBV and $65 in GS credit(would have been $107, but I used some today) using just 1 GS to buy games(excluding one game I bought while out) and 1 BBV to trade in games. I also used a third BBV to buy games. Manager is still trying to find out why my trade account can't be activated at the third BBV otherwise I would have traded in more games. I'm trying to keep it to 1 game traded in per store so I really need the third store to find out why my trade account's not working.

Welp, i'm officially out of Blockbuster credit until I find some Fatal Inertias at GS to flip back. Tomorrow's the last day for the 25% off coupon, so I better do it then.

Assuming I dont have any luck with Fatal Inertia, here are my totals for the promotion:

$210 cash (15 fatal inertias) & $120 GS Credit -> $750 BB credit
I've turned that $750 BB credit into :

1 Nintendo Wii
1x Battlefield Bad Company (360), Folklore (PS3) Killer 7 (PS2) Persona 3 FES (PS2), Mana Khemia (PS2), Fully paid Persona 4 pre-order (PS2), and another $75 of games I mentioned in yesterday's post

and finally - $550 left in GS credit.

Damn, I did good. And I only traveled in a circular area of 10 miles.

Spotted and finally bought PSP Dungeon Seige - $9.99
Great game for $5 (wish I would have bought the other couple I spotted yesterday for trade). All were mint/complete.

On a side note - to keep deals like these in the future -

REMOVE THE BB tags before trading in multiple games at GS! It only takes about 5-15 seconds per game. With so many concerned about banning and jr. detectives I would think this is a given...but am getting the impression from some posts members are turning in multiples with all the details of where
they were bought...

and BIG thanks to the Op who posted about GSs 30 game cap per transaction for the +$10... !

[quote name='allen9917']look for confirmation: the B1G1 lasts until 7/15, right?[/quote]

It will go at least til closing time on 7/14 but some have said it may actually run two weeks (end on 7/21).

[quote name='donut']Spotted and finally bought PSP Dungeon Seige - $9.99
Great game for $5 (wish I would have bought the other couple I spotted yesterday for trade). All were mint/complete.

On a side note - to keep deals like these in the future -

REMOVE THE BB tags before trading in multiple games at GS! It only takes about 5-15 seconds per game. With so many concerned about banning and jr. detectives I would think this is a given...but am getting the impression from some posts members are turning in multiples with all the details of where
they were bought...

and BIG thanks to the Op who posted about GSs 30 game cap per transaction for the +$10... ![/quote]

If people have been turning in games to GS with the blockbuster sticker and/or barcode stickers still on them they need to be insta-banned from this site. Seriously how dumb is that?

[quote name='Bezerker']Welp, i'm officially out of Blockbuster credit until I find some Fatal Inertias at GS to flip back. Tomorrow's the last day for the 25% off coupon, so I better do it then.

Assuming I dont have any luck with Fatal Inertia, here are my totals for the promotion:

$210 cash (15 fatal inertias) & $120 GS Credit -> $750 BB credit
I've turned that $750 BB credit into :

1 Nintendo Wii
1x Battlefield Bad Company (360), Folklore (PS3) Killer 7 (PS2) Persona 3 FES (PS2), Mana Khemia (PS2), Fully paid Persona 4 pre-order (PS2), and another $75 of games I mentioned in yesterday's post

and finally - $550 left in GS credit.

Damn, I did good. And I only traveled in a circular area of 10 miles.[/quote]

:drool: is all i have to say..

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']If people have been turning in games to GS with the blockbuster sticker and/or barcode stickers still on them they need to be insta-banned from this site. Seriously how dumb is that?[/quote]

I actually saw a copy of F4: ROTSS at GS in a BB case with the $24.99 sticker on it :).

OK, wait, I get lower TIVs because I live in Oklahoma? Well, that's shitty. So, yeah, same TIVs in Tulsa/Broken Arrow as those posted in OKC. Oh well.

I went off of io's 1.8x w/ $10 bonus list...although I don't have an Edge card because I've been too lazy to send in my $2. Guess I could've gotten an extra $13 on the GS/EB side.

Games bought at BB/GR:
GC x1
MtR x1
PotC3 x4
SP3 x2
TS2 x1
VT3 x3
WWE SvR 07 x4

BB/GR credit spent: $86.73
GS/EB credit gained: $132.75
Net profit: $46.02
Ratio: 1.53:1

Not terrible, but...apparently I need to move to another state. I didn't get any refurb or other miscellaneous fees. Most of the games were in the black BB-branded case, one was disc only.

So...I'm kinda itching to move this back to BB/GR now...was there a rumor about GS/EB doing a BXGYF coming soon? Trying to decide if I should sit on it for now or try to move it back with the 25% off used 360 game coupon. Recommendations, anyone? (Aside from 'Get a damn Edge card, already!')

It seems like I always get new workers who are in training.

I found an untouched BB near me today. Go to purchase my 12 games (I just say I'm a collector), and they forgot to scan two of my games. I felt really bad about the just sticking the two extra games in my bag (it was Conan and Moto GP 07), but they were really busy and the line was growing behind me. Oh well, I figured. I'll just come back later and pay them the $15 in credit that was due.

The thing is, when I got home, I found out the spiderman 3 that I bought had a PS2 version instead of the x360 version. So I figure that I'll just keep it and we'll call it even. Anyone see any problems with my logic?

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']If people have been turning in games to GS with the blockbuster sticker and/or barcode stickers still on them they need to be insta-banned from this site. Seriously how dumb is that?[/quote]
I guess i dumb.
Have over 1200 dollars at BB and
275 dollars at GS

I do it and will contiune to do it. If I get banned from GS from trading it not a huge deal. One, tiv usually suck. Two, there are plenty of GS to go to and I can always open a new account. One of my BB doesn't have any original cases anyway all the cases come in a blockbuster case. Have traded in over 250 worth of stuff to them(over past few days) and they never ask me any questions. Now, trading in to BB I use a TON of discretion.

[quote name='eugaet']
So...I'm kinda itching to move this back to BB/GR now...was there a rumor about GS/EB doing a BXGYF coming soon? Trying to decide if I should sit on it for now or try to move it back with the 25% off used 360 game coupon. Recommendations, anyone? (Aside from 'Get a damn Edge card, already!')[/quote]

I know you don't want these comments, but c'mon man! $13 in extra credit? The EDGE card would have almost paid itself off. I bought mine for $15 and have no regrets.

[quote name='jmiller']I guess i dumb.
Have over 1200 dollars at BB and
275 dollars at GS

I do it and will contiune to do it. If I get banned from GS from trading it not a huge deal. One, tiv usually suck. Two, there are plenty of GS to go to and I can always open a new account. One of my BB doesn't have any original cases anyway all the cases come in a blockbuster case. Have traded in over 250 worth of stuff to them(over past few days) and they never ask me any questions. Now, trading in to BB I use a TON of discretion.[/quote]

Yes but the blockbuster cases arent the problem. Its the pricing stickers mainly. I mean how often do people buy games and NOT peel off the stickers if they are actually planning on keeping them.

I just have to say you are lucky that the GS or GSs you go to seem to be very non-caring or very dumb themselves.

I dont see why someone cant take the 5 minutes to peel off stickers.

If I can take the 15 minutes to take off both the pricing stickers and barcode stickers from about 20 games in my car in the BBV parking lot with NO AC and about 95 degrees and about 100% humidity ..... sweating my ass off... I dont see why anyone else cant take the time to do so. If anything to protect the rest of us from a Junior Detective at GS saying "hmmmm" and feeling special by calling someone higher up about it and someone else higher up et al until it blows it up somehow.

[quote name='jmiller']I guess i dumb.
If I get banned from GS from trading it not a huge deal.
One, tiv usually suck.
[/quote]

First line says it all. :lol:

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Yes but the blockbuster cases arent the problem. Its the pricing stickers mainly. I mean how often do people buy games and NOT peel off the stickers if they are actually planning on keeping them.

I just have to say you are lucky that the GS or GSs you go to seem to be very non-caring or very dumb themselves.

If I can take the 15 minutes to take off both the pricing stickers and barcode stickers from about 20 games in my car in the BBV parking lot with NO AC and about 95 degrees and about 100% humidity ..... sweating my ass off... I dont see why anyone else cant take the time to do so. If anything to protect the rest of us from a Junior Detective at GS saying "hmmmm" and feeling special by calling someone higher up about it and someone else higher up et al until it blows it up somehow.[/QUOTE]

I've left some $24.99 stickers on BBV cases (even though they were really $9.99) to kinda lead them to believe I'm not flipping. (when trading in < 4 games)

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Yes but the blockbuster cases arent the problem. Its the pricing stickers mainly. I mean how often do people buy games and NOT peel off the stickers if they are actually planning on keeping them.

If I can take the 15 minutes to take off both the pricing stickers and barcode stickers from about 20 games in my car in the BBV parking lot with NO AC and about 95 degrees and about 100% humidity ..... sweating my ass off... I dont see why anyone else cant take the time to do so. If anything to protect the rest of us from a Junior Detective at GS saying "hmmmm" and feeling special by calling someone higher up about it and someone else higher up et al until it blows it up somehow.[/quote]

Very good insight and for some additional motivation, leaving the info/stickers on gives out a template of opportunity to GS staff members and may cause you some future competition...one member here reported leaking a super flip only to have a staff member snagged the rest in the area....so heck, while I see more reason in lamps logic .... selfishness is another motivation! :bouncy:

[quote name='DarkRider23']I know you don't want these comments, but c'mon man! $13 in extra credit? The EDGE card would have almost paid itself off. I bought mine for $15 and have no regrets.[/quote]Yeah, I know. But up until recently (the HoV flip) the only thing I ever used GS/EB for was penny guides. As little business as I do there...it just didn't make sense to get it. I may, however, go ahead and send in my $2.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Yes but the blockbuster cases arent the problem. Its the pricing stickers mainly. I mean how often do people buy games and NOT peel off the stickers if they are actually planning on keeping them.[/quote]Once I decided to take part in this party, I purchased some Goo Gone. So I guess I technically had a little out-of-pocket expense.

I left the stickers on 10 BB games by accident today at one GS. When I left in the morning I just forgot to do it. I pulled the games out my bookbag and was like, "um sorry I can take these off". The guy could care less and didn't even mention it.

They are easy to peel off though, so it's worth doing.

[quote name='clevelandmvp']I left the stickers on 10 BB games by accident today at one GS. When I left in the morning I just forgot to do it. I pulled the games out my bookbag and was like, "um sorry I can take these off". The guy could care less and didn't even mention it.

They are easy to peel off though, so it's worth doing.[/quote]

I have no idea why I haven't thought of that. I should use a book bag to carry my games in when I'm riding my bike... I would usually carry 6 games in my pockets(cargo pockets FTW) so that's all I would trade in at a time. *Hits self on forehead* Why did I think about using a book bag? -_-

ok here is my summary so far for for the last 2 1/2 days.
i found out i spent total $334.95 cash on games (Way too much)

i have as of right now
172.86 on my BB card
109.18 on BB store A account
71.66 on BB store B account
110.38 on GS card
89.99 for a wii fit
Total 554.07
PLUS some game have not trade in yet.
(if all TIV hold for BB and GS tomorrow)
i have those game
3 X GHIII for total 90.63
and 12 games ready to be trade to GS

so if all trade go well tomorrow, i will end up have total
$766.3
From 334.95 to 766.3 including about $350 BB credit.
Do you think i did ok?

Also i am having problem trading GHIII, two of my copy is "NOT FOR RESALE". they will not take it at one BB, so i guess i will have to take the copy off and try to trade it tomorrow.

Another copy come up as $10 TIV at BB.....WTF so i took it back.

Question,
what else i should buy from GS to cash it out?
With what i got so far, is it possible/hard to get $1000 credit in BB & GS?
Should i trade game that with less than 1.4 value from BB?
Oh yea i tried to use the $15 trade in card, doesnt work, even i will the real card i got from GS. i got screw on that one.
Also BB will only give me the lower game free, so i'm kinda losing money if i buy 14.99 game. does anyone have the same problem???

isn't it common sense to not leave any trail to your sin? And talking like jmiller is totally selfish. You're not just get YOURSELF banned from a store but you might also affect other members of this precious forum that GAVE YOU ALL THE INFOS about how to get all your flipping credits. Those jr.detectives might info the coporate and set up flag against us CAGs( for example the drop value of F4:RoSS). You're leeching from the community so at least try not to harm that community that's benefiting you. And best way to get these flippings go smooth is MAKE Friend with manager/worker at stores you're working with someone mentioned this earlier. It's a great thing to be friendly with them. You give out a little(buying them candy or drinks) but in return you will get great reward in return =). Like this guy @ my GS he basically gave me 1$ credit more for every games i traded in today XD

[quote name='clevelandmvp']They are easy to peel off though, so it's worth doing.[/quote]Man, not all of them. That's why I had to get the Goo Gone, and that didn't even remove all the residue. Maybe it was just that one BB/GR, but those were some stubborn stickers.

[quote name='leung19']ok here is my summary so far for for the last 2 1/2 days.
i found out i spent total $334.95 cash on games (Way too much)

i have as of right now
172.86 on my BB card
109.18 on BB store A account
71.66 on BB store B account
110.38 on GS card
89.99 for a wii fit
Total 554.07
PLUS some game have not trade in yet.
(if all TIV hold for BB and GS tomorrow)
i have those game
3 X GHIII for total 90.63
and 12 games ready to be trade to GS

so if all trade go well tomorrow, i will end up have total
$766.3
From 334.95 to 766.3 including about $350 BB credit.
Do you think i did ok?

Also i am having problem trading GHIII, two of my copy is "NOT FOR RESALE". they will not take it at one BB, so i guess i will have to take the copy off and try to trade it tomorrow.

Another copy come up as $10 TIV at BB.....WTF so i took it back.

Question,
what else i should buy from GS to cash it out?
With what i got so far, is it possible/hard to get $1000 credit in BB & GS?
Should i trade game that with less than 1.4 value from BB?
Oh yea i tried to use the $15 trade in card, doesnt work, even i will the real card i got from GS. i got screw on that one.
Also BB will only give me the lower game free, so i'm kinda losing money if i buy 14.99 game. does anyone have the same problem???[/quote]

1) As for the GHIII "NOT FOR RESALE" in place of the barcode. I have just told them its form the bundle and they dont have barcodes because the bundle box has it. And they either just look it up manually or just grab one of the rental cases and scan that barcode.

2) I have just asked/told the cashiers to please total my purchase out after each pair of games and I get them rung up in pairs of matching prices. Havent had a problem whatsoever with that.

[quote name='leung19']
Also BB will only give me the lower game free, so i'm kinda losing money if i buy 14.99 game. does anyone have the same problem???[/quote]

Buy 2 $14.99 games and pair them together. That's what I've done so far... You will get one free if the employee does it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back