The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

And just to summarize a couple of current clearance game prices:

:360:
NCAA 08 Football ($5 at Target if you can get them to take the coupon)
$12 at BB, $10.50 at GS
Far Cry Instinct ($5 at TRU)
$8 at BB (Wiki quote from May 18th), $10.50 at GS

:ps3:
Genji ($5 at Sears)
?? at BB, $10.50 at GS
MLB 07 ($5 at Kmart and Sears)
$13 at BB, $10.50 at GS
Virtua Tennis 3 ($5 at Kmart and Sears)
?? at BB, $13.80 at GS

:wii:
Fantastic Four RSS ($5 at TRU)
?? at BB, $10.50 at GS
Super Monkey Ball ($5 at TRU - I'm keeping the one I found)
?? at BB (but I suspect $7 or so), $11.60 at GS

Nothing spectacular, but I wanted to figure it all out in case I run into more copies.

[quote name='io']I found a new BB->GS transfer game. Nothing special, but Jumper is $9.99 at BB and trades for $9.40 after bonus.[/quote]

Welcome to 2 weeks ago :cool:

[quote name='RavenHawk on 6/11']Spiderman Friend or Foe gets $8 before Edge or bonus. Jumper (360) gets $4 before Edge or bonus - it is currently $9.99 @ BB.[/quote]

traded in some games actually found MTR and PSU for 6.99 one of the games was kind of scratched and GS took of a $2 resfurface fee. Grrrrr...read the receipt and it was $2.16 of total deductions with CA 7.75% tax

[quote name='RavenHawk']Welcome to 2 weeks ago :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I missed it. 2 weeks ago is a LONG time ago in flipping terms ;). It wasn't on my list so I took what I thought was a big chance (could have been $1 at GS). I guess it wasn't that much of a chance...

[quote name='CaoPi']traded in some games actually found MTR and PSU for 6.99 one of the games was kind of scratched and GS took of a $2 resfurface fee. Grrrrr...read the receipt and it was $2.16 of total deductions with CA 7.75% tax[/QUOTE]

Whoa, now PSU is only $6.99? Too bad that like EDF, I've only found one of those at 5+ stores (and it was $9.99 at the time).

[quote name='io']Whoa, now PSU is only $6.99? Too bad that like EDF, I've only found one of those at 5+ stores (and it was $9.99 at the time).[/quote]

i bought 2 copies of PSU 3hrs ago and it rang up $9.99, maybe he was just referring to MTR?. also, not sure if it was already reported, but monster madness rang up at $14.99 for me even though i bought a couple at $9.99 when this all started.

[quote name='ghozt']i bought 2 copies of PSU 3hrs ago and it rang up $9.99, maybe he was just referring to MTR?. also, not sure if it was already reported, but monster madness rang up at $14.99 for me even though i bought a couple at $9.99 when this all started.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! That's what I get for changing the OP based on one report. I'll switch it back. Someone did report the jump for Monster Madness though it was when others were saying most of the 360 games went up to $14.99-$16.99 which I think was a one-day glitch a few Sundays ago. I guess this one stuck though (and I had removed it from the list because of that).

Funny thing, at the store where they told me they had no way of giving trade-in values without having the games to scan, they also assured me all the used games were the prices they were marked. When I asked, for the third time, for the guy to tell me what they were after he rang up my 9 games (I wanted to be positive nothing changed as returns are such a pain in the ass at BB), he finally relented and was pretty shocked that his "$34.99" Spiderman Friend or Foe rang up $12.99 :lol:. And pretty much all of the others were mistagged too (though most only by $5-$10).

By the way, it is driving me nuts that I have to sit here all day with these transfer games sitting in a pile. I usually like to buy them and trade them in within the hour. I may not make it to a GS till tomorrow even - probably won't be able to sleep tonight ;).

So, I visited my BlockBuster again and to my surprise I still couldn't trade in games. DAMN their system. It's really starting to piss me off. On the bright side though, I have Bulletwitch, Pirates 3, MTR and Spiderman 3on hold at that blockbuster. As soon as I trade R6: V2 and Crackdown for my $40 credit I will be transferring it into gamestop credit right after.

[quote name='io']Yeah, well, I missed it. 2 weeks ago is a LONG time ago in flipping terms ;). It wasn't on my list so I took what I thought was a big chance (could have been $1 at GS). I guess it wasn't that much of a chance...

Whoa, now PSU is only $6.99? Too bad that like EDF, I've only found one of those at 5+ stores (and it was $9.99 at the time).[/quote]

yeah other people were reporting Golden Compass for 6.99 for 360 but it scanned at 9.99 at my BB some price fluctuations.

[quote name='djkunai']If there's a good coupon tomorrow, I'm going to be hitting up 10+ stores. Damnit I want that coupon...[/quote]

I got a look at the ad, but not the coupon.... Deal of the week Devil May Cry 4 29.99.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I got a look at the ad, but not the coupon.... Deal of the week Devil May Cry 4 29.99.[/quote]

Whoot!! Collectors edition used here i come!!

[quote name='spauldingfan']I got a look at the ad, but not the coupon.... Deal of the week Devil May Cry 4 29.99.[/quote]

Is that the ad for blockbuster? Cause if thats so then my slacking on trading in DMC4 and getting the $33 TIV probably just blew up in my face. :(

Anyone know the current price for the HD-DVD at Sears? They converted a kmart into a sears so I'm curious what they'll charge me for it. Thanks.

Hes talking about the GS ad, i dunno if there has ever been a used game of the week at BB.

Also question about the HD-DVD player pricing at kmart and sears? Wrong thread...although last i heard it was 5 bucks at kmart.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Is that the ad for blockbuster? Cause if thats so then my slacking on trading in DMC4 and getting the $33 TIV probably just blew up in my face. :([/quote]

It is the GAMESTOP weekley ad that will go out tomorrow, DMC4 used 29.99.... however no mention of a B2G1 sale, go figure.:roll:

[quote name='bgame2']Anyone know the current price for the HD-DVD at Sears? They converted a kmart into a sears so I'm curious what they'll charge me for it. Thanks.[/quote]

Ummmm.... "The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIII"..... why is this here?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Hes talking about the GS ad, i dunno if there has ever been a used game of the week at BB.

Also question about the HD-DVD player pricing at kmart and sears? Wrong thread...although last i heard it was 5 bucks at kmart.[/quote]

Ah ok thanks. :D Phew.

[quote name='spauldingfan']It is the GAMESTOP weekley ad that will go out tomorrow, DMC4 used 29.99.... however no mention of a B2G1 sale, go figure.:roll:[/quote]

Thanks.... I was worried for a minute haha.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I think everyone should call up BB for me and get the TIV on the DMC4 Collectors edition... I would do it myself but.... eh.[/quote]

Ban!

[quote name='bgame2']Anyone know the current price for the HD-DVD at Sears? They converted a kmart into a sears so I'm curious what they'll charge me for it. Thanks.[/quote]

Sorry guys, I have no idea how I posted that in the wrong thread. My mind is shot, it's been a long day.

[quote name='io']Yeah, well, I missed it. 2 weeks ago is a LONG time ago in flipping terms ;). It wasn't on my list so I took what I thought was a big chance (could have been $1 at GS). I guess it wasn't that much of a chance...
[/quote]

No harm, no foul. I was only messing with you because I originally posted it in a reply to you regarding the price of Spiderman Friend or Foe here, to which you replied afterwards. :D I'm glad that it is still holding at $4.

[quote name='DarkRider23']So, I visited my BlockBuster again and to my surprise I still couldn't trade in games. DAMN their system. It's really starting to piss me off. On the bright side though, I have Bulletwitch, Pirates 3, MTR and Spiderman 3on hold at that blockbuster. As soon as I trade R6: V2 and Crackdown for my $40 credit I will be transferring it into gamestop credit right after.[/quote]

Why wont it let you trade ?

Since today is probably the last day of $19.99 GH3's i picked a bunch up. Apparently the edge card takes 10% off the pre-promotion price, so it was only $17 rather than $18. Luckily the good manager at BB who lets me trade as many copies of games as I want was working. He got his free PS3 (for getting 8 pre-orders) last night along with MGS4, so he was in a great mood considering I got him at least 1 of the 8 pre-orders.

I found a complete copy Suikoden 5 in pretty good condition at BB. Picked up some more BB->GS fodder since we only have 3 days left. I'm really going to miss deals like this if I end up converting all my GS back to BB. Its so much more fun to flip back and forth when theres no actual cash involved. Even deals where i'm not making a 2x return seem fine by me considering im not using cash and its just going to recycle back anyways.

I had quite a scare at Gamestop when I traded some games. It was the same bitch who months ago wouldn't let me buy 2 copies of the same game. It went a little like this:

Her (looks at games i'm trading which includes a Beautiful Katamari): "Did you trade a Beautiful Katamari game before?"
Me: "I can't remember"
(uncomfortable pause with her looking at me kind of funny)
Her: "Have you owned the game before"
Me: "Yea, why?"
Her: "I noticed you have a printed out cover for Meet the Robinsons, we had a Beautiful Katamari that had a printed cover".
(i nod)
Her: "I wish more people would do that, it helps us out a lot."
(continues scanning games, i just about fall over from relief)

Dodged a bullet there ;-). Here is the Gamestop Coupon: 30% off used GC/XBX Games:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newnews/fsi/images/EBC3006012.jpg

[quote name='fshaia']Why wont it let you trade ?[/quote]

The manager Chris told me that lightning hit one of their systems and it screwed up the trading in process for almost all the stores in the Northern NJ area. Corporates been fixing it as problems come along. He called up corporate to get it fixed yesterday, but they didn't fix it for him...

Now, he called again to see when they'll get to fix it. He's actually getting pissed off at corporate because they haven't been doing what he's asking. That and he's mad that I haven't traded in the games yet. Surprisingly, this store actually sells a lot of games so he needs the trades.

[quote name='djkunai']GS coupon is 30% off GameCube / Xbox games. Damnit.[/quote]

No check on ebay prices? 40% off of some of them would make em profitable. Not a bad way to turn credit to cash.

*edit* Well shucks just checked, not much by way of ebay...coupon a bust.

[quote name='djkunai']Uh, try the GameStop thread?[/quote]

Or look about 6 posts up...

I think its time for a new thread, too many questions on this one ;-).

I just traded in some games and these werent in the Wiki, or had new TIV's
(360)Turok - $22
(360) Forza 2 - $12

I originaly traded them in to get credit for a Wii, but yesterday MG put a Game Zone in my town and they have several Wii's in sotck, are there any good flips for BB-GZ? Thanks.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I just traded in some games and these werent in the Wiki, or had new TIV's
(360)Turok - $22
(360) Forza 2 - $12

I originaly traded them in to get credit for a Wii, but yesterday MG put a Game Zone in my town and they have several Wii's in sotck, are there any good flips for BB-GZ? Thanks.[/quote]

Where are you located? Any chance they were the Wii non-bundled ones?

[quote name='FoxAlive']Where are you located? Any chance they were the Wii non-bundled ones?[/quote]

Bluffont, IN. What do you mean non bundled? The Blockbuster and the Movie gallery have the 249.99 system, no bundles that i have seen.

[quote name='djkunai']The Blockbuster/GameRush Thread XIV- Don't ask, don't tell. [/quote] Ya, I'm talking about Blockbuster!!

PotC 3 has dropped $1 to a $4 base trade-in at Gamestop according to a report in the other thread. Just happened today, too, as I got $5 for it last night. I wonder what else has dropped? It still isn't bad as it is now a $9.99 -> $9.40 but it was always nice when they came out at least slightly ahead. Thankfully I don't have one of those in the 9 game stack I bought last night and plan to trade tomorrow. But I am worried about Spiderman 3 (which I have 2 of) ;).

[quote name='io']PotC 3 has dropped $1 to a $4 base trade-in at Gamestop according to a report in the other thread. Just happened today, too, as I got $5 for it last night. I wonder what else has dropped? It still isn't bad as it is now a $9.99 -> $9.40 but it was always nice when they came out at least slightly ahead. Thankfully I don't have one of those in the 9 game stack I bought last night and plan to trade tomorrow. But I am worried about Spiderman 3 (which I have 2 of) ;).[/quote]

I have a Pirates 3 game waiting for me too... $1 less isn't too bad I guess. MTR will make up for it.

[quote name='spauldingfan']For any Batman fans out there with extra credit.... BB just got in 2 framed Dark Knight Prints today, and they are pretty slick.[/quote]

Haven't seen those yet, but I did see one awesome Iron Man print. It was just like WOW.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Haven't seen those yet, but I did see one awesome Iron Man print. It was just like WOW.[/quote]

They got the one of the joker outside of the window painting "why so serious" in red paint..... with the gloss they put over the posters this one really shines! I had to go to another BB to pick mine up, cause some guy at the first one bought both.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Haven't seen those yet, but I did see one awesome Iron Man print. It was just like WOW.[/quote]

yeah...i saw both of the prints and I'm really impressed...I mite pick up the batman print for myself and the ironman print for my bro...

[quote name='Warner1281']nope. All stores will get the shipment on Friday.[/quote]

Not that it matters now, since it is Friday, but my Blockbuster had this game and Top Spin 3 yesterday.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so anyone who's bought a 40gb ps3 at blockbuster recently know if they are the newer chips using the 65nm?[/quote]

Nope, they don't.

Managed to score 3 copies of Nights (Wii) this week. - $16 at BBV

$9 --> $48

Reserved Soul Calibur 4 for the PS3.

Dear Diary,
Day 56 trapped on Message board....still no b2g1 at GS or b1g1 at BB....lurkers getting restless....noobs STILL ask for TIV...their internet connection works but phones must be out....no one has been banned lately...nothing new to trade in....so hungry...for some new flips....IO you're our only hope....please send help!!!

Seriously though...
New Official Xbox Magazine has a mention in their "Inbox" news section about Blockbuster beefing up their video game presence. Stocking game hardware and new release software. Hopefully this will lead to more sales and trades from regular customers, to take the spotlight off the flippers.

[quote name='ewto16']...3 copies of Nights (Wii)... $48[/quote]Damn, no wonder there are no CAGs helping out with the $2.99 Nights at Meijer's...

Have I got a story for all of you! I'm freaking special if you ask me.

If any of you have been reading my previous posts, my local Blockbuster has been having trouble with my trade-ins. My first time trading in a game and for some reason, their system will not let me trade in games. Manager was doing everything right and it was my first time ever doing a trade. He's stumped.

Fast forward 2 days later. He calls up corporate and asks them to fix their system. Manager thought I couldn't trade games because the system was acting up.

Fast forward another 2 days(today). I walk into the Blockbuster and the first thing I hear is 02/27/90. My birthdate. I noticed it was the same manager who has been helping me for the past 4 days. Once I heard that I just went up to the front desk and started talking to him. He was on the phone with corporate trying to fix my account. MY account is the only account giving him problems. Everyone else can trade except me. I'm confused as hell. Don't know why this would happen at all.

The manager informs me that I have a group of analysts at corporate working and trying to get my account to work. They are all stumped. No one knows why this is happening. Everyone's confused. I have single handedly destroyed the blockbuster next door :).

The manager now has my cell phone number and he'll call me once the problem is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back