The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Quintox']Weird, yesterday my BBV had the bins out under a canopy, as well a DVD sale but there was no sign about $14.99 B1G1, though all games in the bin were obviously for the deal....sooo this is good since nobody except CAGers knows the sale is on. Not much good games on there anyhow...[/quote]

I think I went to about 12 or 13 BB yesterday and I can only recall about 3 or 4 of them actually having signs that said B1G1. Most just had the sign that said $14.99 or less (the normal sign)

gonna head back today and grab some two worlds (if indeed the price has dropped) and enchanted arms. Then heading to GS to turn in an application for employment and trade-in some games :whistle2:D hoping to move another $100 today!

wow... I went yesterday and grabbed 14 games total for $90

Xbox 360: Sega Rally Revo, Spiderman Friend or Foe, Saints Row, WWE SvR 2007, Star Trek Legacy, Just Cause, MotoGP 07, Armored Core 4, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage

PS2: Manhunt 2, Guilty Gear Isuka, King Of Fighters Maximum Impact

Xbox: Mortal Kombat Armagedon, Gladius

only Gladius disc is crappy... which I'm going to bring back and trade for another game. I was happy.

I'm so on the fence on this B1G1. I'm mostly only looking for Wii and PS3 games and sadly nobody really has been buying any PS3 or Wii titles. Can anybody report any good < $14.99 PS3 titles at any GR's?

[quote name='vanlandw']I'm so on the fence on this B1G1. I'm mostly only looking for Wii and PS3 games and sadly nobody really has been buying any PS3 or Wii titles. Can anybody report any good < $14.99 PS3 titles at any GR's?[/quote]

The only one I've noticed is Stranglehold, but if you dig a little harder (in the last 15-20 pages) I think I recall a couple others that were found. One person even posted pictures of some Wii games (but I think they were "mispriced" and the poster was able to take advantage with overrides).

[quote name='edavis0780']How much is LoZ:TP suppose to ring up for?[/QUOTE]

$14.99.

I actually was at another BBV and they had TP disc with no case and manual. Good thing I asked the first BBV whether I could just keep their case and manual. Now I have a complete set. The disc is all scratched up though. What's the best way to repair this?

Here's what I picked up yesterday:
Conan - 360 - $14.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - 360 - $9.99 (Free)
Beatiful Katamri - 360 - $9.99
Tomb Raider: Legend - 360 - $9.99 (Free)
Top Spin 2 - 360 - $9.99
Crazy Frog Racing Game - PS2 - $9.99 (Free)

I originally Picked up Lost Planet for the 360 and a different copy of Conan. I didn't check the discs in the store, which I usually do but this time the cashier was getting on my nerves because she did not know how to ring up the games and kept wanting me to pre-order something so I just took my games and left.

When I am half way home my brother starts to check out the boxes for manuals but the Discs weren't in the boxes for LP and Conan. I drove back and just asked if they had the games. They accused me of stealing the games because the cashier said she inspected all of the boxes even though she really didn't. She was too busy not knowing how to use the register. They said they lock up all the discs in the security boxes and leave them on the shelves. I stood there for an extra 30 minutes while the manager was on the phone talking with someone about me (I'm guessing with the district manager or something).

Anyway after that, she decided to "Take my word for it" because that's what the manager said to do and give me a new copy of Conan and I had to pick a different game in place of Lost Planet. So I picked up THP8 and went home.

I understand that they are just doing their job and all but I never asked for my money back, I just wanted the games that I paid for. She kept insisting that I was trying to get my money back.

Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, I cashed out a week or two ago by moving BB credit to GS, then buying a 80 GB MGS4 bundle. The nice thing is, when you buy at Gamestop, you don't pay tax when you use trade-in credit (at least here in TX). Then I just sold it on craigslist locally for $500.[/quote]

So everything i buy with GS credit is Tax free right? 80GB PS3 would be a good idea. but i already have Wii (and two extra in my home) and i dont want to waste more money on PS3 since i never have time to play.
Thank god i company paid for my gas early this week and driving a Civic gas is no so bad. i guess i really need to get as much BB credit to GS as possible instead of keep building up BB credit with my money.
Can i get cash if i trade in game at GS?

[quote name='leung19'] Can i get cash if i trade in game at GS?[/quote]

You will, but you will take a hit of 20% when you decide to go cash instead of credit. Not worth it, imho, since you can just buy new games and sell them back online, like what mkernan did. I did that with Crackdown when the Halo 3 beta was attached, and made a nice return. :D

I picked up:

Stranglehold
Stuntman Ignition

I'm loving both these games for 7.50 each! Stranglehold is mad crazy mindless fun, and I love tedious games like Stuntman. Very happy with my purchase. Bought them just because I thought they would be ok at that price, but ended up logging at 3 hours yesterday total on both titles.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Are we able to buy blockbuster games that they have for rent?[/quote]

you can rent them and then just keep it. They'll automatically charge your account for the difference. I usually just tell the manager straight up and try to pay for it all on the spot. But YMMV

[quote name='gareman']I picked up:

Stranglehold
Stuntman Ignition

I'm loving both these games for 7.50 each! Stranglehold is mad crazy mindless fun, and I love tedious games like Stuntman. Very happy with my purchase. Bought them just because I thought they would be ok at that price, but ended up logging at 3 hours yesterday total on both titles.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or XB360. I would like to get Stranglehold for PS3 at that price. I'm still on the fence about checking out my GR mostly because I'm only looking for PS3. If you see this thanks for the reply.

WTF at you guys that are turning $100 cash into 700 credit...how???

the only games I used were the ones io listed as 1.8X or better

Here are teh games i used:

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari x3
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third x3
Spiderman 3 x2
Bullet Witch
Golden Compass x3
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 x2
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2 x2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 x2

and I could only turn $104 cash into $250 GS and $70 BBV

i used the cash to get the 25% + Edge 360 games (only 2 condemneds, 2 vikings, 1 fatal, 1 F4), then used that credit to do B1G1 with only 1.8x games using the trade 2 get $10 promo... and I got nothing close to what you guys got

what's the secret?

[quote name='swetooth9']WTF at you guys that are turning $100 cash into 700 credit...how???

the only games I used were the ones io listed as 1.8X or better

Here are teh games i used:

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari x3
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third x3
Spiderman 3 x2
Bullet Witch
Golden Compass x3
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 x2
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2 x2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 x2

and I could only turn $104 cash into $250 GS and $70 BBV

i used the cash to get the 25% + Edge 360 games (only 2 condemneds, 2 vikings, 1 fatal, 1 F4), then used that credit to do B1G1 with only 1.8x games using the trade 2 get $10 promo... and I got nothing close to what you guys got

what's the secret?[/quote]

clearance games at other retailers

I had a somewhat lackluster, but ok I suppose.

I picked up:
- Enchanted Arms & Overlord ($14.99) -> $6.00 at GS
- MTR & EDF

Bascially, turned my $23ish GR credit into $41ish GS credit. They took $2 off for a disc fee....damn them. I didn't notice until I walked out. I think they just do it for the hell of it.

went and picked up this morning:

Bullet Witch - $9.99
Tomb Raider Legend - FREE

going to trade them in and then turn in my application and also grab some games to trade back into BBV w/25% off coupon :whistle2:D

Also, my store had some Wii games for $14.99. I believe Alien Syndrome, Ratatouille, Avatar and SSX Blur. She said I could've bought them with the B1G1....I passed.

Now, I just wish I could find Bad company USED at GameStop. Oh well, $40+ credit will go to something good.

[quote name='frankcastle']clearance games at other retailers[/quote]

but if you buy from other retailers, you would have to use cash and not flipped credit, though

[quote name='vanlandw']PS3 or XB360. I would like to get Stranglehold for PS3 at that price. I'm still on the fence about checking out my GR mostly because I'm only looking for PS3. If you see this thanks for the reply.[/quote]

This is was at a Blockbuster, and it was only 360 versions. I honestly don't even look in the PS3 section (I don't own one). I would check it out though, because both of those games are plentiful on both systems, and are probably the same price, but the b1g1 would be ymmv on ps3 titles.

[quote name='swetooth9']but if you buy from other retailers, you would have to use cash and not flipped credit, though[/quote]

But if you used coupons to make the games ~1.00 or even free, the amount of cash you spend is pretty much negligible.

[quote name='frankcastle']clearance games at other retailers[/quote]Mostly what I've been doing. So far my running total is $247 -> $707 since I started flipping, but I've since used a bit of that credit. I messing around with the BB/GR B1G1F and GS 25% off used 360 with my remaining $90 BB/GR credit...but all this running around is more trouble than I care for. After I move it back to BB/GR, I'll probably just stick w/ flipping clearance items.

Went for another go and picked up flatout ultimate, Graffiti Kingdom, tomb raider legend and alien syndrome for the wii for $22.

TIVs

Mass Effect - $25
GTA IV - $25
Gears of War - $25

GTA IV's TIV is crap. Could have gotten $35 at GS with bonus for it... Oh well. I didn't notice it only got $25 until I walked out the door and by then I didn't want to go argue it. The manager didn't tell me the TIVs for each game either which was kind of odd because he usually tells me the TIV for each game I trade in.

On the good side, I now have $125 BBV credit to get more games with.

Just curious, anyone see any DS games with the B1G1 deal? My store had very few DS games...but I know the wife would enjoy some. I'll check another today. Not even sure what would be $14.99 for Ds (any $20 I'm assuming).

[quote name='doubledown']Just curious, anyone see any DS games with the B1G1 deal? My store had very few DS games...but I know the wife would enjoy some. I'll check another today. Not even sure what would be $14.99 for Ds (any $20 I'm assuming).[/quote]

Yes, although only a handful.

Ones I recall seeing Tagged at 14.99 include:

Brain Age 2 (i bought this)
Prince of Persia
Rayman DS
Deep Labyrinth

They had a handful of others at $9.99 as well.

Many of them were cart-only, which I always pass on.

I sent io a PM about Sega Superstars Tennis having gone up at GameStop, so if you're looking for reverse flipping fodder, this one isn't as hot as it was before.

As to b1g1 at GameRush, Amped 3 is 14.99, so that works and it currently gets $4 pre-edge or $5 bonus at GameStop, so we can add this to the list of GS credit builders.

I apologize ahead of time for a question that has probably been asked several times:

I just called my BB/GR and the guy didn't know anything about the sale. Is it officially a BB sale across the nation or just here and there? (and is there a printout I need to bring to show the sale is indeed going on?)

Thanks for your help.

PS: Is there also a printout of game prices?
thanks again.

[quote name='Soyner']I apologize ahead of time for a question that has probably been asked several times:

I just called my BB/GR and the guy didn't know anything about the sale. Is it officially a BB sale across the nation or just here and there? (and is there a printout I need to bring to show the sale is indeed going on?)

Thanks for your help.

PS: Is there also a printout of game prices?
thanks again.[/quote]

It is supposed to be nationwide but some store either A) don't know about it B) Choose not to participate(usually Franchise)

And check the second post of this thread for a list( usually updated nightly or so)

[quote name='aea414']It is supposed to be nationwide but some store either A) don't know about it B) Choose not to participate(usually Franchise)

And check the second post of this thread for a list( usually updated nightly or so)[/QUOTE]

thanks!

ok I picked up 6 9.99 games, dont know the tiv on them, but witch tax and the $10 bonus at GS, I cant tec technically lose anything.

Cars
Top Spin 2
Lara Croft Legend
Chromehounds
Just Cause
Phantasy star universe

Also picked up 2 Blue Dragons at Tru ($17.20)

[quote name='animemaniac14']so wait...two worlds was confirmed at a $14.99 game at BBV? and trades in at GS for $12.50 after promo + Edge?[/quote]To confirm, Two Worlds is currently 24.99 used at Blockbuster GameRush, it does NOT qualify for b1g1.

[quote name='doubledown']I see OVERLORD was $14.99 at my Blockbuster...what does that trade for? Seems like it MIGHT but a good flip candidate.[/quote]I don't see it listed in the Gamestop extra $10 thread. But that reminds me, does anyone have a link to our lovely wiki?

[quote name='eugaet']Mostly what I've been doing. So far my running total is $247 -> $707 since I started flipping, but I've since used a bit of that credit.[/quote]Wow, that's crazy! I haven't had any great clearances like that for a little while.

[quote name='leung19']So everything i buy with GS credit is Tax free right? 80GB PS3 would be a good idea. but i already have Wii (and two extra in my home) and i dont want to waste more money on PS3 since i never have time to play.
Thank god i company paid for my gas early this week and driving a Civic gas is no so bad. i guess i really need to get as much BB credit to GS as possible instead of keep building up BB credit with my money.
Can i get cash if i trade in game at GS?[/quote]

I beleive the no tax thing is chain-wide but I'm not sure. It's most certainly the case here in TX and I thing the same applied when I bought stuff in GA. I drive a Civic as well, so it hasn't been too bad. Somebody probably already answered it, but you get 20% less on the base trade-in value if you opt for cash and the big kicker is that NONE of their promotions work if getting cash, which obviously would destroy this deal.

[quote name='gareman']I picked up:

Stranglehold
Stuntman Ignition

I'm loving both these games for 7.50 each! Stranglehold is mad crazy mindless fun, and I love tedious games like Stuntman. Very happy with my purchase. Bought them just because I thought they would be ok at that price, but ended up logging at 3 hours yesterday total on both titles.[/quote]

I have both and haven't tried Strangehold, but I love Stuntman.... its one of those love it or hate it games, but its fun repeating and trying to nail the stunts.

OK, I picked up 14 games today at 2 blockbusters for about $85 in flipped credit.

Going to 2 Gamestops now to trade em in. Should net about $150.

I figure the next big flip of credit back to BBV will get me to my magical $1000 credit level.

I have tons of random anecdotes, so here's a bulleted list.

-I used some of my GS credit to flip to BBV and then back to GS today. I had to take the first half of the day off from work, but I went from $333 GS credit to $426 GS credit and also ended up with two PSP games (Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - both $9.99 so one was free). I have a PSP coming from Amazon any day now and thanks to this sale, I have 4 games for it already.

-I don't know what the GS trade in value for Overlord is because when I bought a copy at BB yesterday, I kept it for myself to play (heard its pretty fun and you can't beat the price). Played the first tutorial-style level and it seems pretty good, especially for $7.50.

-I'm getting real sick of the douchebags at Gamestop charging refurb fees and not even saying anything about it. Granted, it was only $1, but they should at least say something. Not only did this lady pull that crap, but she also offered me 20% extra if I pre-ordered something. So, I mentioned the $10 extra for 2 games and she tried to tell me "the computer will do whichever is best (that probably is true) but the trading in toward a pre-order is almost always the best". Yeah, b.s.

-On the other hand, one of the other GS stores I went to, the clerk was really cool. I bought Condmned 2 and Viking, and Viking was still tagged $26.99 so he honored the price and manually adjusted it for that and my 25% off coupon.

-My local BB store has Tetris DS used for $24.99..... I really should have asked for a price check (anybody found and bought that lately at BB?). I'm tempted to buy it just to sell it on eBay for like $40 or more (since I already own a copy), but now I'm all out of BB credit (which could be easily remedied I suppose).

-One of my BB visits was to a store that is the first (in the country according to the clerk) to have a little Sbarro pizza stand right inside the store. Kinda cool. It's the Lewsville, TX store on Main St. if anybody cares. I had read news stories about how stores in the Dallas area (BB is headquarted here) were trying new things.... one sells electronics, one has a coffee shop and opens at 6am, one has a little video game lounge, etc. but I hadn't heard of the pizza idea yet.

-It's a good thing I'm making out like a bandit, because if I were a regular customer, I'd be REALLY pissed about how terribly unorganized some stores can be, how you'll find cases but they don't have the disks, how they scan things up on the wrong order and act like they know what they're doing and end up charging you like $15 extra, etc. etc. At this Lewisville store, I tried to buy like 14 games including 2 Meet The Robinsons and 1 Lost Planet and they couldn't find the disks for any of those (and there was even a third case for MTR on the shelf). Plus, I spotted a PSU in the drawer as she flipped through discs but there was no case to be found... I ended up buying it, but nobody would have ever known they had it in stock. Sheesh. Not to mention how hard it is to get some of these price tags off..... good think I wasn't keeping any of the games and just half-assesly removed the tags.

-I'll scour my receipts and report any GS values drops if I find any.

I went from $475 to $606 today, although I spent $19 out of pocket today. Anyways, Picked up an MGS 80GB PS3 bundle. Still $106 left to continue flipping until the promotions end:applause:

OVERLORD is part of the GAMESTOP sale. I answered my own question earlier.

It is $14.99 at Blockbuster and trades for $6 at GameStop (no extras included).

Also, what are people buying at GameStop to flip BACK to GameRush?

[quote name='doubledown']
Also, what are people buying at GameStop to flip BACK to GameRush?[/quote]
prolly Fatal Inertia ($20 after coupon to $32)

[quote name='doubledown']OVERLORD is part of the GAMESTOP sale. I answered my own question earlier.

It's in the second post, but I was able to snag a copy of Condemned 2 AND Viking at 26.99 apiece, with the 25% coupon and 10% EDGE bonus it came to about 35 bucks. Flipped them to Blockbuster for 64, and bought out that stores supply of games. A few were scratched pretty bad, but the manager was really cool and just switched them with store rental copies.

All in all, 200 out of pocket and now have 500 in GS credit, and after tomorrow's adjustment at BBV i'll have 25 bucks credit there. =)

[quote name='doubledown']OVERLORD is part of the GAMESTOP sale. I answered my own question earlier.

I bought these today to flip from GS back to BBV (all 360, all after 25% off coupon, Edge, and before tax):

Guitar Hero III: $19.49 -> $28.50 BB
History Channel: BftP: $16.24 -> $25 BB
Viking: $22.74 -> $32
Condemned 2: $15.54 -> $32 (this was manually priced at GS to account for the fact that it still had the old $26.99 tag and my coupon, it'd normally be $22.74 after coupon)

I picked up a bunch of $9.99 360 games and then flipped them to GS credit.

Some of the games were mutliples of spiderman 3, shrek, beautiful katamari, wwe smackdown vs raw 2007

Confirmed today
Star Trek Legacy BB $14.99 GS TIV $6
The Outfit BB $9.99 GS TIV $2.50
Transformers BB $14.99 GS TIV $6
Street Homecourt $14.99 GS TIV $5
Monster Madness $14.99 GS TIV $5
Ratatouille $14.99 GS TIV $5

Flipped quite a few yesterday. One more BB store to go.
At BBs yesterday I insisted on looking at each disc (whew glad I did) took GS bottle of disc cleaner with micro fiber cloth and was able to clean up at least a dozen that GS would have dinged (yep, I did this at the BB counter before buying them). (I had to reject at least 10) Also had them trade out all black cases to green 360 cases. These efforts made my GS stops smooth.

Found two Clearance Days Odin Spheres down to $15.99 at one store.
Wish I would have bought used blu rays when I spotted one or two to grow to 6 (return rebuy Buy 2 get 4 free).
Also walked in to a shipment of wii fits at GS, bought the last one and sold it for cost/cash.

Good Luck to all!

Today I can confirm these in pink have held in TIV at GS

All Pro Football 2K8 $9.99 -> $7.20
Armored Core 4 $14.99 -> $12.70
Avatar The Burning Earth $14.99 -> $10.50
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Beowulf $9.99 -> $7.20
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cabela's Alaska $14.99->$11.60
Call of Duty 2 $9.99 -> $6.65
Call of Duty 3 $12.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $8.30
Chromehounds: $9.99 -> $7.75
Conan $14.99-> $10.50
Condemned $14.99-> $9.40
Crackdown $14.99 -> $8.30
Darkness $14.99 -> $9.40
Earth Defense Force: $6.99 -> $10.50
Enchanted Arms $14.99-> $11.60
Eragon $6.99 -> $1 (thus not elegible for the GS bonus - DO NOT GET THIS ONE)
Fantastic 4 $9.99 -> $9.40
Far Cry Predator $14.99 -> $10.50
Forza 2 $14.99 -> $8.85
Full Auto $14.99 -> $9.40
Golden Compass $9.99 -> $9.40
Juiced 2 $14.99 -> $11.60
Jumper $9.99 -> $7.20
Just Cause $9.99 -> $8.30
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75
Lego Star Wars II $9.99? -> $11.60
Lord of the Rings BfME II $14.99 -> $12.70
Lost Planet $14.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $9.40
Moto GP 06 $9.99 -> $7.20
Moto GP 07 $14.99 -> $11.60
Need For Speed Most Wanted $14.99 -> $12.70
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $12.70
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 $9.99 -> $9.40
Pro Evo Soccer $14.99 -> $9.40
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Ratatouille $14.99 -> $10.50
Ridge Racer 6 $9.99 -> $7.20
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $7.75
Saint's Row $14.99 -> $10.50
Sega Rally Revo $14.99 -> $10.50
Shrek The Third $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $10.50
Stuntman Ignition $14.99 -> $10.50
Stranglehold $14.99 -> $10.50
Superman Returns $9.99 -> $7.75
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Test Drive Unlimited $14.99 -> $11.60
TMNT $14.99 -> $10.50
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.40
Tony Hawk Project 8 $9.99 -> $8.30
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
Viva Pinata $14.99 -> $10.50
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 $9.99 -> 9.40
Xmen $9.99 -> $1 (no longer gets bonus)

I can confirm they are changing the prices on PS3 games. At my local GR they had a stack of PS3 games priced up to $16'ish. Sad because that is why I went to buy from them. Regardless the GR had signs promoting the deal and a few lil areas of games pulled aside. Mostly PS2 and XB360 games. Nothing for me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back