The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sna']will there be any bluray price drops this week for the 5 for 20?[/QUOTE]

@hawaiiboy, will any of the $12.99 blu-rays be dropping to $9.99 this Sunday? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='IronZombie']Heh, drove by where the BB used to be near my town this week and it wasn't there anymore. There's another town a few miles over that has one, but I don't know if that's gone yet either. Should I even bother with it on Monday?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried their store locator on their website to see if that location is still there? Its been accurate for me as I used it to find out that 3 stores in a 15 mile radius had shut down near me.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Have you tried their store locator on their website to see if that location is still there? Its been accurate for me as I used it to find out that 3 stores in a 15 mile radius had shut down near me.[/QUOTE]

Yes I actually found out the other one is still standing as of now (it's still 5 or so miles outside my town) but I figured it was worth a drive down there on Monday.

By the way, what exactly are they throwing out the window at 90% off? Is it only random items and accessories or are they also selling games and movies at those prices? Would be a steal..

no luck with DS Lites.. was hoping to find a new one for $50. got an HDMI cable for a few bucks that I needed though.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Picked up some items today:

Kingston 2 GB Micro SD card 1.99
Kodiak C 2 packs 2 x 0.74
Koss UR40 Headpones 7.49
Reservoir Dogs 8X10 framed poster 2.49
Scarface 24X24 framed art 7.49
Van Gogh Cafe Terrace 24X36 3.74

Total 26.35 thanks Hawaii Boy

Amazingly, there was no Twilight art work left (must be a ton of twihards in my town). The only stuff left I didn't buy was a Bob Marley one and a KickAss movie one. I might go back and get those Monday though.

I wanted a pair of the Koss earbuds with the extra earpads but they were not on sale.

They confirmed more stuff will go on sale Monday.[/QUOTE]

Nice last minute finds. Most of the frame art is already gone at 3 BBV.
I dont think much stuff will be left before the 90% deal this Monday.

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice last minute finds. Most of the frame art is already gone at 3 BBV.
I dont think much stuff will be left before the 90% deal this Monday.[/QUOTE]

I think there will be Gaga for all on Monday!

will there be any bluray price drops this week for the 5 for 20?

no.

the only price drops for games is mindjack down to $19.99 for both platforms.

Also HB, Any reason as to why the Super Mario Toys aren't clearanced?

not sure but for some reason they decided not to clearance certain items. looks like they plan to carry a few non movie related items.

They confirmed more stuff will go on sale Monday.

no new stuff will go on sale its just items will drop to their final percentage and we will send everything leftover back to our distribution center or destroy them.

I think there will be Gaga for all on Monday!

i dunno about that as gaga is gone in my store. only some taylor swift and some christmas stuff left for cd's. we still have a lot of framed art and snuggies left.

so I went in a few days ago, and my store was behind on clearance I think? most stuff was 50% at best, nothing at 75%. does this mean 75 will start on monday for me? or perhaps everything was mismarked and was actually already 75 off?

so I went in a few days ago, and my store was behind on clearance I think? most stuff was 50% at best, nothing at 75%. does this mean 75 will start on monday for me? or perhaps everything was mismarked and was actually already 75 off?

it was 75% off already just not marked. price drops are universal at all corporate stores.

hawaiiboy,
Haven't been to a Blockbuster in ages, but are there still games on sale by any chance? And if so are those going to be marked down 90% or something totally different? Would be awesome if I could grab a few gems I didn't want to spend a lot on.

[quote name='sna']will there be any bluray price drops this week for the 5 for 20?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hawaiiboy']no.

the only price drops for games is mindjack down to $19.99 for both platforms.[/QUOTE]

@hawaiiboy, thanks for the response. I was really hoping some of the $12.99 blu-rays would be dropping Sunday.

but are there still games on sale by any chance? And if so are those going to be marked down 90% or something totally different?

if a store has any brand new retail games they will be at 75% off starting monday. most stores have very few or none as the only retail games are most likely preorders that werent picked up. our store has some LBP that will be $7.50.

Are the clearanced item sales for all Blockbusters or just the ones going out of business?

all.

[quote name='Jimbo1']Are the clearanced item sales for all Blockbusters or just the ones going out of business?[/QUOTE]

all of them I believe if they're corporate stores. It's been mentioned before that they're trying to get rid of certain merchandise such as general merchandise.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']if a store has any brand new retail games they will be at 75% off starting monday. most stores have very few or none as the only retail games are most likely preorders that werent picked up. our store has some LBP that will be $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Only games I saw were a few Wii titles: Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort and the EA fitness game.

Well I have been slacking but decided to pop in to the local Blockbuster today. Here are is what I picked up

Angry Birds Pig Plush with Sound: $2.24
Despicable Me, Small and Framed: $1.49
Lady Gaga Fame Monster CD: $2.49
Lego Star Wars Pen: $1.49
Little Big Planet Plush (2): $3.24 each
Sony MDR-V150 Headphones: $4.24
Reeses/Bubble Yum/Jolly Rancher Earbuds: $1.24 each
Koss UR40 Full Headphones: $7.49
Pook a Looz Woody: $1.49
Tron Helmet Keychain: $1.49
Kodak AAA Batteries: $0.74

I'm going to hit up another Blockbuster once the 90% goes into effect.

Also, what is the return policy on this stuff? I am not sure about the Koss headphones. They are for a friend but I see here people are buying a pair for $3.75. Is mine the same kind? I read the reviews on mine and they seem pretty good and this price isn't too bad.

[quote name='dabamus']I think there will be Gaga for all on Monday![/QUOTE]
You can have my share as I think she's overrated.:razz:

But if there's any books, cd's n other jolly shit left by Monday then I'll be like Santy Claus n go load up on cheap Christmas presents for all.;)

They are for a friend but I see here people are buying a pair for $3.75. Is mine the same kind?
the one you have for $7.49 is the over the ear type(i believe) while the ones that are $3.74 are the kind you stick in your ear.

what is the return policy on this stuff? I am not sure about the Koss headphones

30 days with receipt just like anything else. those headphones are good btw so you might want to keep them for yourself.

Those framed Art of Justin Reid posters kick ass. I've picked up the Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, Bad Guys and Kill Bill ones...I saw on his website there's a superb Trainspotting one, too, not sure if that one ever made it to Blockbuster...but I've hit all of the Blockbusters (4) within about 30 miles of my house and haven't seen it.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']the one you have for $7.49 is the over the ear type(i believe) while the ones that are $3.74 are the kind you stick in your ear.

30 days with receipt just like anything else. those headphones are good btw so you might want to keep them for yourself.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the confirmation! Would you say they are better than the Sony ones I also got? Not sure which ones I should gift now lol

I mentioned it a couple of pages back, the Koss earbuds are a little better than the Sony ones, and have a volume slider. I got the Sonys for myself and the Koss for my wife, since she loves aqua.

I should have grabbed some of the Koss headphones as well, maybe I should check to see if they still have them tomorrow.

[quote name='Envel']Thanks for the confirmation! Would you say they are better than the Sony ones I also got? Not sure which ones I should gift now lol[/QUOTE]

I've had the Sony ones for over a year now and can safely say he Koss one's are better. they're much more comfortable (the Sony one's I can't wear for more than a half hour or so without my ears getting sore), the sound quality seems better, actually the whole package is better. They have like a netting on the top to rest on your head and keep the plastic off, and they fold up real nice. I've always liked Sony headphones, but out of these two pairs, the Koss one's are better in every way. I'm gonna be going in monday just to try to grab a back-up pair.

edit: oh looks like you guys might be talking about the earbuds, in which case ignore this post lol

Well it's sad to see there probably won't be any good games to pick out but it's worth a looksie anyway. I'm also in the market for some new headphones so these Koss ones for 8$ seem legit. And who knows maybe I'll find something else that's worth picking up.

HB there is a BB by me that has a few new games on there Clearance table but they havent hit the % off like the rest of the items on the table , my question is will they ? thanks

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've had the Sony ones for over a year now and can safely say he Koss one's are better. they're much more comfortable (the Sony one's I can't wear for more than a half hour or so without my ears getting sore), the sound quality seems better, actually the whole package is better. They have like a netting on the top to rest on your head and keep the plastic off, and they fold up real nice. I've always liked Sony headphones, but out of these two pairs, the Koss one's are better in every way. I'm gonna be going in monday just to try to grab a back-up pair.

edit: oh looks like you guys might be talking about the earbuds, in which case ignore this post lol[/QUOTE]
I was talking about the ones you described. Thank you I guess I am keeping the Koss :bouncy:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Those framed Art of Justin Reid posters kick ass. I've picked up the Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, Bad Guys and Kill Bill ones...I saw on his website there's a superb Trainspotting one, too, not sure if that one ever made it to Blockbuster...but I've hit all of the Blockbusters (4) within about 30 miles of my house and haven't seen it.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. Havent seen any at 3 BBV. I did see a Justin Reid one that says "A you lucky Punk?" framed art. I was thinking of getting it tomorrow since i like eastwood.

What is a clocktower orange? i saw a white framed art and a orange one. the white one looks cool.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']it was 75% off already just not marked. price drops are universal at all corporate stores.[/QUOTE]

Hawaiiboy,

Can u find the sku or look up the Terminator Salvation framed art?
I live in the Silver Spring area and would like to see if any stores has it.

Do u know what will happen once the 90% clearance ends? Are all BBV not going to carry anymore framed art? I look the art and didnt notice BBV carry it.

[quote name='The Punisher']Lucky. Havent seen any at 3 BBV. I did see a Justin Reid one that says "A you lucky Punk?" framed art. I was thinking of getting it tomorrow since i like eastwood.

What is a clocktower orange? i saw a white framed art and a orange one. the white one looks cool.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean A Clockwork Orange? It's a Kubrick movie...classic.

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice last minute finds. Most of the frame art is already gone at 3 BBV.
I dont think much stuff will be left before the 90% deal this Monday.[/QUOTE]

I was rather surprised and quite perturbed that I couldn't make it before yesterday.

Same here, I think I'll be lucky to find anything tomorrow.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']if a store has any brand new retail games they will be at 75% off starting monday. most stores have very few or none as the only retail games are most likely preorders that werent picked up. our store has some LBP that will be $7.50.
[/QUOTE]

Nice, I saw a couple copies of GOW III, Fallout NV, and Wii Sports Resort.

I should camp out for the 90 percent sale. And if someone comes and asks me what I am doing, I could say, "I am waiting to purchase that Hannah Montana movie." (just to throw them off :p).

[quote name='cardsharkrob']So i am wondering how is the stuff thats on clearance labled?[/QUOTE]

At the store I went to outside had a setup of framed art, keychains, wristbands, and as seen on tv stuff. There were paper signs that said was price 6.99-29.99 now 1.75-7.49.

Inside they clearance stuff was fixed with regular price stuff. Everything had regular price tags. The new games were in a small bin at the counter. Micro SD card were hanging on a display at the counter.

Picked up Fame Monster for $2.49! w00t! I'm not going to lie about enjoying Lady Gaga. I might have to go back to pick up Taylor Swift's Speak Now. Also saw the Black Eyed Pea album but nobody likes them anymore.

Also picked up Heeltastic for a $1.99. For those of you with dry or cracked heels, I'd say give this a try. My mom uses it on her old 60-year-old heels, and they really got nice and healthy again.

As far as video game stuff goes, all I could find were guides now at 75% off or at least they were tagged that way. And also issue one of the Blockbuster exclusive Gears of War comic from 2008. Not sure if collector's would be interested since they stuck the old $3.99 tag on the cover. Not sure how easily those can be removed either. Unfortunately all of the unsealed guides are very beat up, so good luck.

I know everything I bought will be 90% off starting tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time to back again this week or later. And I just happened to be in the neighborhood today, so I went for it.

I checked a couple of my local stores today to scout out which ones will be decent for tomorrow. My closest has an asston of Kodak batteries(which will be $.29 a pack as of tomorrow;)), one or two of those power wand sprayer things and a buttload of other various stuff.

The second store I checked still had ONE LBP 2 plush in stock(Caesar, which I already picked up at $3.24 last week), about 6-7 Lady Gaga CD's(will be $1.25 tomorrow) and an asston of the Koss earbuds in various colors. They also had a really sweet looking Marvel comics framed art print and a bunch of other various shit of varying degrees of suckitude.

I may actually hit a third store tomorrow too, assuming I can beat any local lurkers/hoarders who're also waiting for 90% off on general merch., but I'm not 100% sure on that at this point.

If I had my own vehicle n didn't have to borrow a family members' tomorrow I'd likely hit up two more stores(one off in either direction from the three main ones I plan on hitting) and a third one down by where two others closed earlier this year, but I'm pretty sure the one furthest away is likely raped of anything good by now.

Unfortunately, the remaining flash drives/SD cards disappeared from the closest store since last week. I guess I shouldn't have procrastinated and just bought up a bunch more at $3.74 each.

Oh well.

Anyway, I got a heads up on some stuff. The Koss headsets(big ones that're $7.50 now) are NOT supposed to drop, neither are the Tivo and Tivo HD units that're currently $25 and the 25 foot HDMI cables are bottomed out at $5 each.

That's about all I really remember from the conversation I had with the manager on duty this afternoon at my closest store, but hopefully it helps some of ya's.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do they accept returns on the .99 cent movies? 'cause I bought the final destination dvd and want my money back.[/QUOTE]

I think all sales are final on the 99 cent dvds.

Hey HawaiiBoy, can you tell me if tomorrow the xbox play and charge kit will go to $5(75% off), the Koss UR40 will go to $3(90%) and will the Imagine IIC-765anc will go to $3(90%)? Also what price is the samsung bdx700 Blu-ray player( ithink) and will it be super cheap tomorrow?

[quote name='nas6034']Hey HawaiiBoy, can you tell me if tomorrow the xbox play and charge kit will go to $5(75% off), the Koss UR40 will go to $3(90%) and will the Imagine IIC-765anc will go to $3(90%)? Also what price is the samsung bdx700 Blu-ray player( ithink) and will it be super cheap tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure HB said the Koss headphones are staying at $7.50 and won't drop lower.

Hawaiiboy, is BBV going to do daily rate pricing on game rentals like they do for movies? If so, I will never have to visit another Redbox again.

Hawaiiboy why is it called blockbuster if they also rent movie and games that are not blockbusters?

Seriously though...are the guides getting reduced more tomorrow?

He posted earlier that guides would be staying at 50% off. If you looked above your last post, though, someone said they were 75% off today.

I'm pretty sure HB said the Koss headphones are staying at $7.50 and won't drop lower.

i'll check on it first thing tomorrow morning but i think they might be dropping.

He posted earlier that guides would be staying at 50% off. If you looked above your last post, though, someone said they were 75% off today.

supposedly they are to stay at 50% off. not sure if the store that tagged it at 75% just assumed it dropped or what. i havent checked them since the sale began but i'll check tomorrow.

Hawaiiboy, is BBV going to do daily rate pricing on game rentals like they do for movies? If so, I will never have to visit another Redbox again.

no. at least not that im aware of now.

bread's done
Back