The Elf needs food, badly Award - Worst Online Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of Best Buy, Ikaruga was on sale there earlier this year for only 20. Also snagged a Mega Man and Bass early in the year for cheap, though box was smashed.

Their website also told me where local copies of FE were so I could pick them up for some CAGs

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I think we need to exclude buyritegames.. they're more of a scam than an online retailer. But what about Playstation's online store? Terrible prices, and that mistake that got all of our hopes up.[/quote]

I agree 100%. Like someone else said Buyrite is more gambling then anything.

Also Playstation.com pissed me off the most with their error and then that crappy cop-out coupon that ended up knocking off about 2-3 after taxes and shipping from their games, all of which were at least 20$ over priced to begin with.[/quote]
Is this the Burnout 3 "sale" they had? I remember seeing that and Burnout 3 full price in stores and regretting not taking advantage of it.

[quote name='M3wThr33'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Cornfedwb']I think we need to exclude buyritegames.. they're more of a scam than an online retailer. But what about Playstation's online store? Terrible prices, and that mistake that got all of our hopes up.[/quote]

I agree 100%. Like someone else said Buyrite is more gambling then anything.

Also Playstation.com pissed me off the most with their error and then that crappy cop-out coupon that ended up knocking off about 2-3 after taxes and shipping from their games, all of which were at least 20$ over priced to begin with.[/quote]
Is this the Burnout 3 "sale" they had? I remember seeing that and Burnout 3 full price in stores and regretting not taking advantage of it.[/quote]

That would be the one, gallop racer, phantom brave, and a couple others were "included" as well

I still haven't forgiven Buy.com for leading us on about that great EA sale and then, when it didn't go through, telling us that there was no such thing.

[quote name='slidecage']how about

SONY

dont every1 remember when they had their so called Price error and all we got was a stupid 5 buck off coupon what didnt even cover shipping[/quote]

This thread Brought back really bad memories

I almost forgot comeletely about this, sony deffinitely deserves a place right up there. Not only didnt they honor the price they also charged people credit cards (in my case $150) durring the cancellation process and I know some people got screwed with overdrafts. And as someone mentioned, their $5 off coupon didnt even cover shipping

Staying up for buy.com's ea sale in conjunction for the 1 month + it took for my order to be shipped on the $30 Logitech wireless controller deffinitely gives them a reason to be listed

[quote name='rapsodist']I still haven't forgiven Buy.com for leading us on about that great EA sale and then, when it didn't go through, telling us that there was no such thing.[/quote]

YES, i mentioned buy.com having a bogus 25% off sale, but it was 50% off of ea games that were 49 or higher. and it never happened

BestBuy.com gets my vote. I ordered Ikaruga for the Gamecube, it became backordered, but then they charged my card anyway. So when I e-mailed them about that, they told me that it had shipped, but I never received it (imagine that). They confirmed that it never got to me (big surprise, I doubt it was ever shipped to begin with), and then I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get them to refund my card.

I occasionally order from them still, but ONLY when store pick-up is available...

[quote name='Deadpool']Outpost.com Everything goes on backorder even BEFORE the original ship date![/quote]

outposts pre-order system lists pre-orders as back ordered.

It's not on the list, but it should be. Those pricks at Toys n' Joys tried to rip me off good earlier this year. I purchased three new copies of a PS1 game. They sent me 1 used copy instead, and didn't want to give me a refund until I took some major action.

Next in line would have to be Buyrite, hands down. It's the only retailer on the list that makes a business of ripping people off time and time again.

I think it is pretty weird how outpost and BB.com are getting nominated for both best and worst online retailer, heh

they are selling winning eleven 8 for $35 shipped right now, and i have a hunch that will be about as cheap as the game will get.

my top choice has been nominated. Another retailer I have had a couple problems with was Overstock.com. They had those great $2 games/movies night and I received only 2/3 of my orders. I called and never received them but was charged.

Playstation.com.

It was my first time using my card to order and I felt safe since it was Sony. Big mistake. My account was like a fucking see-saw, going up one day and dropping the next.

The best part was that $10 voucher they sent didn't even work. I won't order from them again unless they get Suikoden or Lunar 2 back again for $10.

Bestbuy.com for all of their crappy backorders, shipping GBA boxes in padded envelopes, but most of all, for getting rid of free shipping.

vgfanatic.com to me has some MAJOR flaws.
1. you get all excited cause you find for instance Rhapsody PS1 for 15 dollars but then you see the dot that says it's out of stock.
2. it seems they purposely lower prices on their website on out of stock items so they can offer less trade-in value for them (this is mainly for older games) and sell them for more when they get them in. When they did get a Rhapsody in the price changed to $75.

Too bad you can't vote on all of them...

Yet as much as I hate bandwagons, I'm going to jump on board and say BuyRite. Because at least the other nominees sometimes ship their games. I commend the post comparing it to online gambling.

I'd have to say BestBuy.com.

I ordered a number of items from Buy.com in the past 6 months and had zero issues with them. Guess I must be lucky.

I would vote buy.com, but when I submitted a coplain that I never recieved my 512mb CompactFlash card they processed it... well the card showed-up a week later, and two months after that they submitted my claim so I got a gig of CompactFlash for about $30. I voted FYE, always overpriced.

bestbuy.com...the only online store i've ever ordered from that cancelled my order and didn't do anything to make up for it...bastages

BestBuy.com for me. They cancelled a great deal on me saying my address was illegitimate. Needless to say, when they checked in the computer they found there to be no problem, but I couldn't get the deal because it was over. Oh, and for whoever said GamequestDirect, I'd just like to say that I've ordered from them before and I've had absolutely no problems. They're quick processing and shipping your order, and while they don't have great prices, they have some hard to find games that are brand new. I searched all over the net for the Arc the Lad Collection and couldn't find it anywhere at the retail price except that site.

Too bad Playstation Online was up for a retailer...I remember all those sweet deals we thought we had (Phantom Brave and Burnout 3 for like $21 bucks each).

I just hate FYE in general, their online store and the B&M stores are rip off cities. and the one time I had to buy something from them it took a weeks for 2 day shipping. :evil:

This is ridiculous. I would have voted for buy.com as the best online retailer.

In my opinion buy.com is just as good as amazon.com (just a little cheaper).

I shop there all the time. It is probably my favorite online retailer. Great products, great prices, great coupons. Plus I always seem to get things a mere two or three days after I order (even though I don't shell out for expensive shipping). What's not to like about buy.com?

BuyRite is horrible, but to be honest, what's the worst part about them is the n00bs that haven't heard the truth about them, and come bragging about some great deal...

BestBuy gets my vote--dissing CAG, canceling free shipping, and liberally cancelling orders, ugh...

Always bestbuy.com.. They continually screw me over on my orders, take an exceedingly long amount of time to ship, etc... I hate Best Buy..

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back