The GameQuest Direct Reprints Thread - Fatal Frame 2 & 3 (PS2) Confirmed - FF2 $30 AC

I would also appreciate if they gave us like a 1-2 week warning of what that'll reprint, but I guess they want to take advantage of ebay before people realize there's a reprint.

Probably the longest shot but Frogger Great Quest and Spider-Man Mysterio Menace for GBA, two games I have been looking for the past 3 years new, if anyone knows of one near them please let me know.

i would love to see them do this

We are please to say that we are working on reprinting one or more of these games in the next few months

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

at least this would give us an idea of what they have planned on coming out with and gives people a chance to dump their games

you see the risk is who knows if all 4 games will be reprinted or just 1 : )

then again i really dont care what they reprint since i really dont have Major money games anymore since i sold them all.... the only big tag games i have left is

Disgaea 1 first print with white sticker on top
Hack . 1-4 first prints all sealed

rest of my high end games i all sold last xmas since i needed cash

i really wouldnt care if they reprinted the hacks cause i have no plans on selling them and i only paid 15 bucks each

[quote name='slidecage']WOW i never knew

Final Fantasy XI Treasures of Aht Urhgan was rare

40 to 50 bucks on ebay. I could of grabbed these last week @ walmart for 10 each. I thought they were junk AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/quote]

yeah i feel your pain. i had a chance to get this too but at compusa before they did their closeout for $4.99 opened/new :bomb:

[quote name='phear3d']yeah i feel your pain. i had a chance to get this too but at compusa before they did their closeout for $4.99 opened/new :bomb:[/QUOTE]

well i did happen to come across 3 tales of the abyss @ 20 each. so i should be able to make some money off them. They still had 9 left

[quote name='slidecage']i would love to see them do this

We are please to say that we are working on reprinting one or more of these games in the next few months

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

at least this would give us an idea of what they have planned on coming out with and gives people a chance to dump their games

you see the risk is who knows if all 4 games will be reprinted or just 1 : )

then again i really dont care what they reprint since i really dont have Major money games anymore since i sold them all.... the only big tag games i have left is

Disgaea 1 first print with white sticker on top
Hack . 1-4 first prints all sealed

rest of my high end games i all sold last xmas since i needed cash

i really wouldnt care if they reprinted the hacks cause i have no plans on selling them and i only paid 15 bucks each[/QUOTE]

I keep seeing this argument, and it's based on faulty logic:

1) It arguable whether or not you'll be able to dump your games for the price you want, as news spreads quickly of reprints happening. Whether or not the actual *news* of reprints hits the majority of gamers, the number of people dumping will jump up immediately, as they panic, like you, to dump the games before they lose all their value. IMO, it is impossible to avoid dropping game prices, whether they simply release the games unnannounced, or if they give you 2 months' notice. It's moot.

2) Who cares about the collectors? That's right: the collectors. I have yet to see any reasonable explanation as to why GQD, or anyone, owes collectors anything. You chose to "invest" in games, rather than stocks. Guess what? They go up, and they go down. You don't have any control in that matter. Can I have advance notice that a game is going to go out of print soon, so I can buy one before the price shoots up? No, I can't? Then, pray tell, what in the world does anyone owe you or collectors?

3) Don't panic: GQD has roughly 15 reprints under their belt, so far as I can tell. Your collection isn't going to go to hell overnight. Then, perhaps, you say, I'm worried that it might? There's a simple solution to that: SELL SELL SELL! Shut your mouth and sell your games now if you're worried their value will decline. After all, given the scenario above, where all collectors drive the price down by dumping early, you're more screwed after GQD tells you than if they don't.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: fuck the collectors. Collect for the sake of collecting, but don't let your greed get in my way of enjoying a game. GQD doesn't owe you anything - hell, if they saw every post you made about them, they should be inclined to not tell you anything at all. And, lastly, as for collectors, how many copies of Persona 2/Rhapsody did you buy, again? ;)

Fat chance, but any of the rarer Saturn titles. Sega doesn't seem to want to make a compilation and no word if the Saturn can go to the Wii's VC.

Still don't understand what consoles reprints are limited to. Would PC re-prints be possible? If so, then I'd like to catch up on Fallout 1 & 2 and System Shock 1 & 2.

Otherwise, I'd like to second reprints of

GC:
Ikaruga (although I hear there's supposed to be a XBLA version coming soon)

PS1:
any popular PS1 RPGS (I'm looking at you FFVII!)

PS2:
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (LE would be great, but that would void the whole concept of it being limited)
^ Although I could see a re-print not happening with the possibility of the MGS 20th anniversary collection coming to the US.

BTW, why hasn't Capcom released an Onimusha Collection as well as announced a next-gen Onimusha. Hopefully they'll do both soon. Bring back the series Capcom!!!

Well if they are partnering with Gamestop again you can be sure we will not see any Gamecube, PS1 or older system releases. Gamestop does not carry PS1 games or older anymore and since Gamestop didn't allow Radio Allergy on their shelves as a new Gamecube game I doubt they would allow reprints of Gamecube games.

For the Nintendo games couldn't nintendo just crank out more copies of a particular game like they did with reprinting Mario DDR if they found the demand to be high? If this isn't the case and I know it will probably not happen (gamestop doesn't carry new game boy color games anymore either) then I think they should reprint Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal for the Game Boy Color since all the save batteries in the games are dying. I have the games and I know a guy who can replace the batteries for me with no problem so this is not a problem for me but I bet its a problem for other people who have no clue and would snap up a reprint of the game in a second.

[quote name='flow.of.soul']cause ppl are not willing to go hunting in the flea markets or the garage sales or buy it online for 60 bucks[/quote]

So you just want reprints to bring prices down, as to actually wanting to play the game.

[quote name='SaraAB']Well if they are partnering with Gamestop again you can be sure we will not see any Gamecube, PS1 or older system releases... [/quote]

i dont know about everyone else but that really the only stuff i want... older stuff. so if they partner with gamestop then they are just wasting my time and other ppls time by the looks of how many ppl want Suikoden II

[quote name='Porksta']So you just want reprints to bring prices down, as to actually wanting to play the game.[/QUOTE]

I want reprints to bring prices down so I can play the game.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Still don't understand what consoles reprints are limited to. Would PC re-prints be possible? If so, then I'd like to catch up on Fallout 1 & 2 and System Shock 1 & 2.

There is a Fallout collection out that has Fallout 1, 2 and tactics on it. I got one at Frys for $19.99.

[quote name='mykevermin']I keep seeing this argument, and it's based on faulty logic:

1) It arguable whether or not you'll be able to dump your games for the price you want, as news spreads quickly of reprints happening. Whether or not the actual *news* of reprints hits the majority of gamers, the number of people dumping will jump up immediately, as they panic, like you, to dump the games before they lose all their value. IMO, it is impossible to avoid dropping game prices, whether they simply release the games unnannounced, or if they give you 2 months' notice. It's moot.

2) Who cares about the collectors? That's right: the collectors. I have yet to see any reasonable explanation as to why GQD, or anyone, owes collectors anything. You chose to "invest" in games, rather than stocks. Guess what? They go up, and they go down. You don't have any control in that matter. Can I have advance notice that a game is going to go out of print soon, so I can buy one before the price shoots up? No, I can't? Then, pray tell, what in the world does anyone owe you or collectors?

3) Don't panic: GQD has roughly 15 reprints under their belt, so far as I can tell. Your collection isn't going to go to hell overnight. Then, perhaps, you say, I'm worried that it might? There's a simple solution to that: SELL SELL SELL! Shut your mouth and sell your games now if you're worried their value will decline. After all, given the scenario above, where all collectors drive the price down by dumping early, you're more screwed after GQD tells you than if they don't.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: fuck the collectors. Collect for the sake of collecting, but don't let your greed get in my way of enjoying a game. GQD doesn't owe you anything - hell, if they saw every post you made about them, they should be inclined to not tell you anything at all. And, lastly, as for collectors, how many copies of Persona 2/Rhapsody did you buy, again? ;)[/QUOTE]

this is just pure guess on the rhapsody

I only got 1 copy of persona 2 cause everyone i knew hated persona 1 . i got i think 3 or 4 copies of rhapsody none to resell (personally i was able to dump incomplete copies for the same price i paid for these)

the thing that pissed me off was they sent me 5 or 6 copies (it was 2 more then i ordered but they billed me for them. My credit card said that i couldnt dispute them cause the company said they would take them back BUT they would of taken like 10 or 15 bucks off each one as a return fee + i had to pay postage back ... THat is what pissed me off it really didnt bug me cause of a reprint cause i played my copy and the other 3 people i gave the others too played and enjoyed them.

I still got to play my persona 2 some day but just never had time (like to replay part 1 first)

i dont invest in stocks anymore just bonds : )

they dont owe collectors anything but Lying to people acting like they didnt know those 2 games were reprints is another thing though.

like i said before right now i really dont care what they reprint cause there is nothing they can reprint that would really hurt my collection (and since im mostly out of the entire ps1 fass im not even interested in them)

i already dumped all my high end games (70 bucks to 180 buck range) last year when i needed the cash

and finally my other main point is people is saying

I WANT XXXXXX reprinted BUT most people think if its going to be a ps 1 game they probally sell it for 20 or 30 bucks NOT 50 what they could.

SO say they reprint a midrange game they heard a lot of people requesting

XXXX comes out at 50 bucks . since most people thought it be 20 very few people buy it meaning this company loses its ass and doesnt reprint other games people would be willling to pay 50 bucks for

Personally i think there isnt a single game that i would pay 50 bucks for on the PS1 (now if they could remake ps1 games and put them on ps2 or ps3 disc that be different)

But it would be interested to see how many people today would pay 50 bucks for a PS1 game knowing they would be lucky to resell it at 1o to 15 bucks if that

take another game like
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection what i think is closeout in some places for 17. how many people will pay 50 bucks for it ......

im just saying they should ask how much people are willing to pay for reprints before spending millions and being stuck with a ton of crap

They need to reprint ET for the ps3 that would rock : )

[quote name='Cleaner7']Still don't understand what consoles reprints are limited to. Would PC re-prints be possible? If so, then I'd like to catch up on Fallout 1 & 2 and System Shock 1 & 2.

[/quote]

There is a Fallout collection out. It has Fallout 1,2 and tactics on it. I got one at Frys a few months ago for $19.99

Anyway, how about reprints of

Tomba!
Bust a groove
Bust a groove 2

I second Bust A Groove. PaRappa The Rapper for PS1 would also sound good but is highly unlikely because of the recent PSP release.

I don't really understand this reprint thing either. Sure, it makes aquiring some really rare RPG games fairly easy, but it also lowers the value of the games. I know if I owned a copy of Suikoden II and go to learn that it has been reprinted after spending over $100 on it, I would be furious. Companies should leave their games be, even if they only sell a few copies. Why bother spending money on a game that's been around for almost 10 years when they should be working on new stuff? Classics should be left alone.

Like everyone else, I'm mostly interested in PS1 games:

Tomba!
Tomba! 2
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Thousand Arms
Persona
Persona II
Oddworld: Abe's Odysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
Silverload (adventure game)
D (Myst-type adventure game)
Grandia 1
Galerians
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
U.S. version of Vib Ribbon would be nice too :)

Gamecube
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Beyond Good and Evil

Any thing else i can think of has been mention all ready.

Lot's of wishful thinking going on in this thread. The overall request is pretty vauge, but I think there's a few safe assumptions that can be made.

We probably aren't going to be seeing

1. Anything Pre-PS2. Don't quote me on this, because I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think it's even possible to print new games for PS1 anymore, and I know for certain that it's not possible to print new Dreamcast games, since that was a proprietary format which is no longer supported. Unless they figure out some bootleg way to produce them on some other format, and get them to run on your console, it's probably not going to happen. Plus, the fact of the matter is that the demand for such titles is so low that there simply wouldn't be any profit to be had.

and

2. It's unlikely that we're ever going to see any game reproduced from any first party companies or any major licenses from well known companies. Nintendo, Sony, or MS aren't going to license out their A List material to a third party for reproduction, since they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves, and for that matter the same applies to companies like Square-Enix and Capcom. If you notice the majority of the games GQD has reproduced have been Reletively Obscure RPGs from smaller companies that probably licensed them when they released them here in the first place. Companies like Atlus, Koei, and even Konami are much more apt to license out their games since it would be much costlier for them to reproduce the games themselves.

I think if anything, the last time I paid $50 for ANY game was in 2005 for The Warrios for Xbox, before that was either San Andreas or another sandbox type game.

And lately, I don't see myself being willing to pay $50(or over in some cases) for older games, even if they were at one point 'zomg teh rarez'(like Intelligent Qube). If they reprinted some of the PS1 games I'd want to see reprinted, the MOST I MIGHT be willing to pay as a cheapass is $30.

And, that's even stretching it for some games.

[quote name='spmahn']1. Anything Pre-PS2. Don't quote me on this, because I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think it's even possible to print new games for PS1 anymore, and I know for certain that it's not possible to print new Dreamcast games, since that was a proprietary format which is no longer supported. Unless they figure out some bootleg way to produce them on some other format, and get them to run on your console, it's probably not going to happen. Plus, the fact of the matter is that the demand for such titles is so low that there simply wouldn't be any profit to be had.[/QUOTE]I don't think PS1 is unreasonable. I don't think that much has changed since a year ago, when they were reprinting PS1 stuff.

Actually GQD had reprinted Resident Evil 2 and 3 on gamecube. But I agree that they are unlikely to get anything from Sony or Nintendo.

The big difference with PS1 games is that gamestop no longer carries them, meaning they will have a harder time dumping extra stock. They have said from the beginning that they were interested in games that over $100. There must be some reason why they havent reprint Suikoden 2 by now.

[quote name='lehviput']There is a Fallout collection out. It has Fallout 1,2 and tactics on it. I got one at Frys a few months ago for $19.99
[/QUOTE]

Ooooh thank you very much! Will look into it.

Now I just need to get ahold of System Shock 1 & 2. I'm going to assume that they don't reprint PC games so I will drop the subject from now on since most older series do have collections/compilations or something of that nature.

[quote name='62t']Actually GQD had reprinted Resident Evil 2 and 3 on gamecube. But I agree that they are unlikely to get anything from Sony or Nintendo.

The big difference with PS1 games is that gamestop no longer carries them, meaning they will have a harder time dumping extra stock. They have said from the beginning that they were interested in games that over $100. There must be some reason why they havent reprint Suikoden 2 by now.[/QUOTE]
You have a point but on the other hand, the sheer amount of people who have either a PS1, PS2, or PS3 combined and who are clamoring for reprints of certain rare PS1 games MAY sway GQD to reprint some of those games. But, I agree that GQD should and probably will have to take a poll to find out how many people are interested and how much they are willing to pay. THAT will probably decide if a game gets reprinted or not.

[quote name='mxpowar']You have a point but on the other hand, the sheer amount of people who have either a PS1, PS2, or PS3 combined and who are clamoring for reprints of certain rare PS1 games MAY sway GQD to reprint some of those games. But, I agree that GQD should and probably will have to take a poll to find out how many people are interested and how much they are willing to pay. THAT will probably decide if a game gets reprinted or not.[/quote]

Well, since they're supposedly asking for CAGs opinions on this now, I'd hope if there WERE a poll done, that $20 or $30 would be the lowest amount for pricing and $40 would be the absolute highest amount, since many of these harder to find games can be found on a fluke for $20-40 if you look hard enough.

Intelligent Qube for $35? Sign me up. Pricing it at $30? Even better. Dropping it to $20 a pop? I'll take 20. The lower the price on a game, the more likely I am to buy it. This site has ruined me for most game publishers and buying their stuff @ full price.

[quote name='sickoe']A obvious one would be Einhander for ps1.[/quote]

I too second Einhander but it could be tough because its a square game.

They should just get these companies on the boat that have multiple release of the same title and box them up like the NFS,DMC,etc. I would have no problems buying a bundle set of say games like Shadow Hearts or something or that matter. It is late in the PS2 life so companies could make some easy bucks on the people that missed the original run on a lot of titles...

[quote name='Derrick1979']They should just get these companies on the boat that have multiple release of the same title and box them up like the NFS,DMC,etc. I would have no problems buying a bundle set of say games like Shadow Hearts or something or that matter. It is late in the PS2 life so companies could make some easy bucks on the people that missed the original run on a lot of titles...[/QUOTE]
GQD actually did reprint and package all three Shadow Hearts games together in a bundle. Too bad it's out of stock now. They did the same thing for the three PS2 Suikodens: III, IV, V. And don't forget that you also need to play Koudelka if you truly want to complete your Shadow Hearts set. It's also a great PS1 RPG, IMO.

[quote name='mxpowar']You have a point but on the other hand, the sheer amount of people who have either a PS1, PS2, or PS3 combined and who are clamoring for reprints of certain rare PS1 games MAY sway GQD to reprint some of those games. But, I agree that GQD should and probably will have to take a poll to find out how many people are interested and how much they are willing to pay. THAT will probably decide if a game gets reprinted or not.[/QUOTE]
The fact that Suikoden 2 cost $100 on ebay already speaks more than any post or poll on this forum. The main point is if they haven't reprint Suikoden 2 by now, it is probably not going to happen.

[quote name='movieman2742']I don't really understand this reprint thing either. Sure, it makes aquiring some really rare RPG games fairly easy, but it also lowers the value of the games. I know if I owned a copy of Suikoden II and go to learn that it has been reprinted after spending over $100 on it, I would be furious. Companies should leave their games be, even if they only sell a few copies. Why bother spending money on a game that's been around for almost 10 years when they should be working on new stuff? Classics should be left alone.[/QUOTE]

Couple things here...

1. If you were willing to pay $100+ dollars for a game, and enjoyed it for that amount, what does it matter if in the future, some people are able to play and enjoy the same game for less? Videogames are meant to be an experience, if you aren't buying/playing them for whatever experience a certain game promises, you've picked a silly hobby.

2. The original publishers probably aren't involved in the reprinting process beyond a final approval of the product. I doubt a reprint of MGS on PSX would slow down development of MGS4.

[quote name='62t']The fact that Suikoden 2 cost $100 on ebay already speaks more than any post or poll on this forum. The main point is if they haven't reprint Suikoden 2 by now, it is probably not going to happen.[/QUOTE]
You're probably right. I just wish GQD would come right out and say " We can't reprint it so stop asking" or whatever the reason is. Then we can focus on something they can do.

[quote name='Cantaloup']Ikaruga for the GameCube please.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. it's not like Atari doesn't need the money either...I bet GQD could get it for pretty cheap ;)

[quote name='62t']The fact that Suikoden 2 cost $100 on ebay already speaks more than any post or poll on this forum. The main point is if they haven't reprint Suikoden 2 by now, it is probably not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of people want to have their cake and eat it, too. They seem to want highly-sought-after classic/high-demand games for low, low prices. A reprint isn't that horrible, if they charge $50 MSRP for a brand new, sealed game of something that's going for twice that, in varying shape, on eBay. Will I pay $50 for "Saiyuki," or whatever their last reprint was? Nah. Will I pay $40 or $50 for Suikoden II, or FFVII? You betcha. You will, too. Most of you, anyway.

"Cheap" is relative. $5 for "Primal" on the PS2 isn't cheap, because it's a terrible game that's available everywhere and isn't very good. $50 for Suikoden II is cheap, given that it's currently selling for far more than that.

Given the balance between "availability" and "price," I'll settle for having it versus not having it at all.

one should also consider the fact that first party companies who produces games could also release them through Xbox Live, PS Store and Virtual Console.. leaving behind a middle man and getting more for the license/franchise money wise. the majority of people wanting reprints are probably for collection purposes.

i think before we could continue to just request our hearts out for these games, we should hear from GQD themselves of possibilities on what companies are willing to reprint titles. and also which formats are most likely to get reprints in the future.

id say getting a reprint of all the rarest rpgs (ie suikoden I & II, Lunar 1 & 2, Tales of Destiny I & 2) has the same chances as Namco-Bandai continuing the 9 part series of Xenosaga....we have a better chance of them getting released on current and next gen consoles than a reprint

Not about reprints, but selling a few Wii launch games at $20 or so would get my monies. They are selling Wing Island at $20 now, it's not too big of a stretch...

[quote name='Doomed']Not about reprints, but selling a few Wii launch games at $20 or so would get my monies. They are selling Wing Island at $20 now, it's not too big of a stretch...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, maybe some launch PS3 titles too. I'd pay $19.99 for Resistance fo sho.

psh why would they reprint stuff from this gen. (new gen is this gen ppl get over it). they would not even get the lisence to print in because its already being printed. If anyone can find a game from this gen thats not on 360 ill give u teh gold star

bread's done
Back