The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Nelo Ice']well i just read about sharing laptop internet with the 360 but how do u do it?[/quote]

Are u in the same boat as me with the whole dorm situation as well?

so how many have actually heard about a labor day b1g1 from any source at BBV? A BBV a couple cities over now has smash bros melee, mario party 4, 5, 6, 7, zelda twilight, zelda windwaker, mario golf, mario tennis, mario sunshine, and :drool:luigi's mansion:drool: for gc. I wouldn't get them for 15, but I would for 7.50 :lol:

Did some trades for the first time in awhile.

Traded in EOJ for 33
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 23
Soldier of Fortune Payback 16
(all PS3)

Second time I've traded in EOJ without a problem.

Before reading the OP, I tried to make a pre-order at my local BBV for Force Unleashed. He said it wasn't available. Then I tried Gears 2. He said that wasn't available either. I knew something was weird. :( The cashier at my BBV must not have known what he was doing.

[quote name='GuardianE']Before reading the OP, I tried to make a pre-order at my local BBV for Force Unleashed. He said it wasn't available. Then I tried Gears 2. He said that wasn't available either. I knew something was weird. :( The cashier at my BBV must not have known what he was doing.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty lame as Star Wars Force Unleashed is one of their very few "featured" preorders. They should have display boxes in store touting the preorders for it. If so, bring one of those up for him next time ;).

I price matched my last DBZ 3 and a Bust-A-Move I was planning on keeping (but decided there's plenty of better games I got using the Wii coupon from GS so why bother?) at Gamecrazy and got a solid $49 from those. Since it looks like BBV won't be getting Tales of Vesperia I can just consider that as covering most of my GC Vesperia preorder in Blockbuster-equivalent credit, if that makes any sense ;).

Then I went to one GS and picked up FF Tactics for the PSP for a sweet $11.69. I took a quick glance at the used PS3 section. They had no Blacksite or Rock Band, but I did see that Poker game listed in the second post. It looked brand new. Then we went to the Mall (for other reasons but of course I had to check out both GS stores). At the first one I noticed another mint World Series of Poker. Interesting... Then at the second store I bought Riviera (also $11.69) and when I saw a third mint WSOP my curiosity got the best of me and I bought it. As I suspected it also appears mint (this time I had the actual disc to check which looks brand new).

My conclusion is that every GS store converted one of these from new to used as each of the three stores had 1 and only 1 minty fresh copy. So this makes it a good flippable for BB - easy to find and in excellent condition. Since I was already there to buy something else I couldn't resist. I'll probably just do the 1 copy as I want to take it easy this week on the trade-ins. In any case, it makes for a pretty easy $12.99 -> $23 transfer (1.77x - not as good as many of the Wii games last week but decent).

[quote name='io'].
So this makes it a good flippable for BB - easy to find and in excellent condition. [/quote]

The good thing about Blu-ray discs is that they are very scratch resistant. I've yet to have a bad looking PS3 disc from Gamestop. The only thing is that those discs are dust magnets.

[quote name='masterllama']I have read another thread on here about connecting to xbox live using many ways. I have tried the method of using my laptops default gateway, ip address, dns settings. I also have tried using the MAC address that was assigned to my laptop and it fails to recognize it. I have heard there is some way to do something with a router and I happen to have a router to use so if anyone could help that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

It look like you have two options,

1) Internet sharing, by buying a PCMCIA Card Ethernet port and running it through your laptop.
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126

2) Establish a router after you initialize the port, but this is most likely going to violate your schools network policy and might be difficult depending on the network authentication and security structure.

- Plug the router in and your laptop to the router. Once this is done, try accessing the network, confirming you have to authenticate again. Once this is complete, you should be able to plug the 360 with little difficulty. If you start receiving error that you can not connect to Xbox live, trying a ping command over port 3074. Live requires TCP & UCP 3074 to be open, as well as UDP 88.

I used to have the same problem, with my Playstation 2 and Resident Evil Outbreak. It will probably take multiple attempts, but in the end it is worth it. (That is unless you are also planning on playing Outbreak, which in that case I say stop now)

[quote name='io']My conclusion is that every GS store converted one of these from new to used as each of the three stores had 1 and only 1 minty fresh copy. So this makes it a good flippable for BB - easy to find and in excellent condition. Since I was already there to buy something else I couldn't resist. I'll probably just do the 1 copy as I want to take it easy this week on the trade-ins. In any case, it makes for a pretty easy $12.99 -> $23 transfer (1.77x - not as good as many of the Wii games last week but decent).[/quote]

I've found this to be true as well. Only one store that I visited yesterday did not have a new looking copy of World Series of Poker. I went to around five stores.

[quote name='dwhelan']It look like you have two options,

1) Internet sharing, by buying a PCMCIA Card Ethernet port and running it through your laptop.
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126

2) Establish a router after you initialize the port, but this is most likely going to violate your schools network policy and might be difficult depending on the network authentication and security structure.

- Plug the router in and your laptop to the router. Once this is done, try accessing the network, confirming you have to authenticate again. Once this is complete, you should be able to plug the 360 with little difficulty. If you start receiving error that you can not connect to Xbox live, trying a ping command over port 3074. Live requires TCP & UCP 3074 to be open, as well as UDP 88.

I used to have the same problem, with my Playstation 2 and Resident Evil Outbreak. It will probably take multiple attempts, but in the end it is worth it. (That is unless you are also planning on playing Outbreak, which in that case I say stop now)[/quote]

How do i do a ping command and i was reading elsewhere that with a wireless router which i have i can register wifi and use the routers MAC address to get in, u know?

Welp, just got back from a buncha GS's & BB's. Not much luck in BB credit, but i did have a good time making some GS credit. Here are the flips i used (TIV's after 30% bonus & 10% edge):

DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (EO Time & Darkness): $25 -> $28 each
Professor Layton: $25 -> $21 (its not an even trade, but its easy to find)

Others:
Boom Blox (Wii): $40 -> $35
Golden Compass (PS2): $5 -> $5.60
Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy (360): $9.99 -> $9.80
Prostroke Golf (PSP): $7 -> $5.60

I started the day with about $750 in BB credit and $12 GS, and now I have $500 GS, $475 BB, Wii Sports, and a couple thousand points worth of games for goozex. I'm hitting another 3 stores tomorrow, so it should be fun.

In regards to my karma being good lately. I went to a gamerush and bought a Jade Empire, which even though it was tagged $6.99 it was ringing up $4.99. The cashier looks confused and then adjusts the price making it $6.99 (WTF!?!). I figure "its $2, whatever" and suck it up. I get out to the car and look at my receipt and much to my surprise I find out that the guy forgot to charge me for Professor Layton! (there was no barcode on the box). So, my sucking up that $2 rewarded me with a free $21 GS credit flip. I love my karma as of late.

[quote name='Bezerker']
DS

Others:
Boom Blox (Wii): $40 -> $35[/QUOTE]

Wait, so those are the GS prices with the 40% boost added in (edit - I'm assuming they are because your Golden Compass and Prof Layton ones appear to be that way)? Heck, there's 2 copies of each version of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon at every BB I've been to in the last few weeks. And Golden Compass PS2 is an easy to find filler... Hmmmm - it's hardly like the perfect storm, but a good way to enter the Wii contest at a BB (or a few of them), "reward" BB for carrying new games (by buying them), and get BB credit converted to GS at a slight profit in any case. I'd just have to find 2 other games to make it 5 :whistle2:k... There is still an Iridium Runners at my local store without artwork (but has the manual strangely enough). GS is better about that then BB so I could toss that in. Still need 1 more then.

[quote name='io']Wait, so those are the GS prices with the 40% boost added in (edit - I'm assuming they are because your Golden Compass and Prof Layton ones appear to be that way)? Heck, there's 2 copies of each version of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon at every BB I've been to in the last few weeks. And Golden Compass PS2 is an easy to find filler... Hmmmm - it's hardly like the perfect storm, but a good way to enter the Wii contest at a BB (or a few of them), "reward" BB for carrying new games (by buying them), and get BB credit converted to GS at a slight profit in any case. I'd just have to find 2 other games to make it 5 :whistle2:k... There is still an Iridium Runners at my local store without artwork (but has the manual strangely enough). GS is better about that then BB so I could toss that in. Still need 1 more then.[/quote]

Yea, they are after the 40% bonus. Nearly all the stores by me have had plenty of Layton, & the Pokemon games, so that at least takes out 3/5 of the needed titles for the bonus. Golden Compasses seem to be pretty common as well.

Some other used BB -> GS flips if you are lucky:

Gun (PSP): $15 -> $12.60
Manhunt (PSP): $15 -> $14

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, they are after the 40% bonus. Nearly all the stores by me have had plenty of Layton, & the Pokemon games, so that at least takes out 3/5 of the needed titles for the bonus. Golden Compasses seem to be pretty common as well.

Some other used BB -> GS flips if you are lucky:

Gun (PSP): $15 -> $12.60
Manhunt (PSP): $15 -> $14[/QUOTE]

I actually noticed at my local store that they seem well-stocked with used games again. It is kind of strange. They have another Katamari, and lots of the decent 360 and PS2 stuff. I'm sure I can find near-even filler. For example, I know they still have a Manhunt for PS2. That ought to get me $8.40 (on $9.99 spent) if the price has held. I guess what this is going to force me to do is update that GS trade-in thread OP (and I'm pages and pages behind :lol:) and then print the list for going to BB. Ugh... I thought I was gonna have a break now!

Yup, that ended up being the problem. It was an original XBox card rather than a 360 one, which apparently gives an error since that most recent update.

[quote name='io']I actually noticed at my local store that they seem well-stocked with used games again. It is kind of strange. They have another Katamari, and lots of the decent 360 and PS2 stuff. I'm sure I can find near-even filler. For example, I know they still have a Manhunt for PS2. That ought to get me $8.40 (on $9.99 spent) if the price has held. I guess what this is going to force me to do is update that GS trade-in thread OP (and I'm pages and pages behind :lol:) and then print the list for going to BB. Ugh... I thought I was gonna have a break now![/quote]

yeah, if I'm going to flop from GS to BB I'm going to do it to gain something is GS credit. I rarely buy new games so GS credit is much more valuable to me.

I'm thinking GS--1.7-->BB---.85-->GS = small profit

better than nothing

[quote name='Bezerker']Welp, just got back from a buncha GS's & BB's. Not much luck in BB credit, but i did have a good time making some GS credit. Here are the flips i used (TIV's after 30% bonus & 10% edge):

DS

Others:
Boom Blox (Wii): $40 -> $35
Golden Compass (PS2): $5 -> $5.60
Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy (360): $9.99 -> $9.80
Prostroke Golf (PSP): $7 -> $5.60

I started the day with about $750 in BB credit and $12 GS, and now I have $500 GS, $475 BB, Wii Sports, and a couple thousand points worth of games for goozex. I'm hitting another 3 stores tomorrow, so it should be fun.

.[/quote]
After IO, I look foward to Berzerkers posts the most.
Good work.
I'm down to $300 GS, but have $220 at BB. Wouldn't mind moving some of that back over at even money. Have a golden compass sitting in my draw that never made it over a few weeks ago. Would need 4 more games to get the bonus. Hmmm don't play my Lego Star Wars 2. Could dump that in there. The Pokemon ones would be good for entries into the Wii contests.

Also, still holding a DBZ3. Might throw in my copy of WWE 08 in the trade 2 get (....) for 9.99/19.99 at GS. Played the demo of Civilization Revolution, more intrigued by that than anything else on the list.

[quote name='Bezerker']

DS

[/quote]

Nice find on PMD. A couple of the GS around me have the 50% coupon flyer going around and that stacks with edge as well so thats 60% more trade in credit. Ive actually cashed out all my GS credit and have $150 in BB credit so that will be great for me transfering credit over.

I found a coupon at my GS, its like 10% off a new game, trade in 5 games get 50% more, and get $30 if you trade in a system. Then you can also get 30% more if you put the credit toward a game.....I can't remember....I saw it in GameInformer... I will post later.

Just flipped History Channel: BftP, Rock Band, and WSOP for the prices listed in the OP, so those prices still hold.

Placed a preorder for Force Unleashed ($25, lol) and it looks like I'm going to have to hit the other BBV in the neighboring town to see if there's anything to flip back to Gamestop at 1:1 values, since Vesperia is coming out Wednesday.

damn i just got back from flipping a couple of those pokemon ds games and was going to come back here and tell everyone but someone beat me to it!!! i did find a few other games i flipped as well that arent too bad. prices are bb - gs with edge and 30%

ps2
manhunt 2 10 - 8.40 (tons of these at most bb)
tony hawk proving ground 10 - 8.40
bee movie game 10 - 8.40
iridium runners 5 - 7

not too bad considering i paired them with 1 of each of the pokemons which gains $3 ea. also trade in a couple games of my own to make an even 10

[quote name='yukafls']I found a coupon at my GS, its like 10% off a new game, trade in 5 games get 50% more, and get $30 if you trade in a system. Then you can also get 30% more if you put the credit toward a game.....I can't remember....I saw it in GameInformer... I will post later.[/quote]

In the Arkham Asylum issue? I don't remember seeing any coupons. Must be a regional thing as I'm sure someone would've made a thread about it as soon as the issue came out..

heres a few more bb - gs trades that i havent verified but someone may want to look into. a couple i guessed at what i thought the bb price was so may be a little off. and the gs prices i got from the other thread by io that may have changed since then.

phantasy star universe 10 - 7
virtua tennis 3 10 - 7
beautiful katamari 10 - 9.80
edf 7 - 7
meet the robinsons 7 - 5.60

ps2
nicktoons toybots 10 - 7
power rangers super legends 10 - 12.60
sm fof 10 - 8.40
spongebob atlantis 10 - 8.40

xbox
ninja gaiden black 15 - 14

Hmm, I wasn't too fond of the extra 40% since it had to be 5 games, but with those Pokemon DS Games and Layton...I may just move that and my Prostroke Golf and Madden 09 PSP, which nets $5.60 and $30 after EDGE and Bonus respectively...

Uh oh, went to a local BBV after grabbing the only used copy of SST within 20 miles and discovered that DBZ 3 for the Wii dropped to $14.99. Best to unload your copies now if you haven't. Didn't notice any significant drops other than that really, but most of the games I flip there magically disappear in a couple days.

On a nicer note, Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii is only $9.99 now at BBV which makes it a must buy for me and possibly decent flip fodder to GS (it's 17.99 used there). They didn't change the price of the PS2 Metal Slug Anthology (still $14.99) but that may have been because it's mixed in with a bunch of games marked as clearance.

BTW, big thanks to io for the reminder of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP, would've been mad at myself for forgetting to pick it up at that price after the coupon expired. So today I paid out $21 and got FFT, Metal Slug for the Wii, and $9 more in BBV credit.

Picked up a used Eye of Judgement with camera today at GS for $19.40 after coupon and Edge.

Traded game to BB for $33 and picked up GTA 4(360) for $35. Traded camera back to a different GS for $11 after Edge. Picked up The Club (360) for $12 after Edge.

So GTA4 and The Club for $22.40 plus tax. Not too shabby!

[quote name='awp']Picked up a used Eye of Judgement with camera today at GS for $19.40 after coupon and Edge.

Traded game to BB for $33 and picked up GTA 4(360) for $35. Traded camera back to a different GS for $11 after Edge. Picked up The Club (360) for $12 after Edge.

So GTA4 and The Club for $22.40 plus tax. Not too shabby![/quote]

That's a sweet deal. For some reason every copy of Eye of Judgement I find does not have the case or instructions, much less the accessories, so I can't even attempt to flip the game.

Tomorrow I'll probably head back and pick up some good titles to flip back to GS that I saw including the 2 Pokemon games, a used copy of Professor Layton (makes it just about even), The Golden Compass, and a copy of Iridium Runners I somehow missed. Sigh, I must be slipping in my old age. At least I'll come out a buck or two on top flipping these titles.

Great find on DBZ Budokai 3 & Metal Slug. I need another DBZ for Goozex so im gonna go buy back one i sold to them a few days ago (should be funny if i get the same cashier)

Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 gets $11.20 after 40%, and GS sell the Wii version for the same price. Heres hoping for another profitable flip.

sry for a double post by me but i have changed course and i got the xbox network adapter wireless and everything connects until i get to MTU and it fails. Is there anyway to use a usb connector from my laptop to my xbox 360?

Thanks for the Dragonballz heads up & the DS Pokemons TIV at GS

TIVs a lil bit ago-

PS3 Hellboy $36
PS3 WSOP 2008 $23
PS3 Eye w/camera $33
wii Alone in the Dark $30
wii DBallz 3 $26

Bought both DS Pokemons $24.99 each (remember if you buy just one add something like a pack of gum to bring it to at least a $25 pretax amount for the wii entry...

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']So whats the deal with Eye of Judgment at Gamestop?

Are they SUPPOSED to give you the Camera and mat with the game or what?[/quote]

The Sku says Camera & Mat required when they scan in the trade, its up to them I guess to make sure that the customer has it when they trade. However, some stores like to take the camera & sell it separately. I'm only 3 for 15 when it comes to finding EoJ's with cameras at Gamestop. I did however have one guy refuse to sell me the game without me taking the FREE camera, cards & mat. It was quite funny how what he was saying made some kind of sense to him. In the end, I told hime i'd just have to "suffer" with having an extra set of items (which i sold for $45)

Someone got to my DBZ before I could. But I did snag some more Pokemon, Manhunts & Bee Movies.

As reported in another thread...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon of Time $19.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon of Darkness $19.99

are on sale at radioshack this week, their is also a $10 off $40 or more in the Entertainment book, so basically get both Pokemon for $30

They trade in for $20 each at Gamestop, so add 40% to each one for the trade in special at Gamestop (trade in 5 and get 40% more)

Pokemon Dungeon Time $14.99-->28
Pokemon Dungeon Darkness $14.99-->28

basically can get a brand new $60 game at gamestop for just $30 out of pocket, Im just putting it out their

In other news, I think I may be the only one who lost money on trades today.

I called a local GS to see how much regular xboxes were trading for (wanted to move credit like I did with the GBA SP). I got quoted $40 over the phone. I go to my GR, buy a used xbox for $60 thinking I would do a fine job with the 1:1 transfer after bonus. I trade it in and get a stunning $35 total. $15 base with $20 bonus.

I suppose the quote I got had the bonus added already? I'm annoyed, but can't really complain too much; considering how much I've attained trading at both GS and GR, I figure I lost the battle but I'll just keep winning the war.

Well, I ended up cruising out to that BB I didn't feel like going to the other day (today I spent all day cleaning the house and doing yard work so I wanted to get out this time). I traded in WSOP and picked up the two Mystery Dungeon games. That gives me an entry at that store (my only one besides at my local store). I think they do a lot more business though so I'm unlikely to win there. They also gave me one of the Summer Games bags and boy it was even more disappointing than the pics and description. The "dry erase board" is nothing more than a (folded and creased) piece of paper sort of in between regular paper and cardboard. My kids liked the medal, though it is even cheesier than I imagined. They used the tattoos and that provided about 10 minutes of entertainment. I haven't inflated the two noisemaker sticks but I suppose they can beat each other with those. It would be better than knocking off one of the DVD shelves like they did tonight at BB while I was in line :bomb:.

Anyway, they did that at my local store and it was nearly empty so the embarassment was small - it was just the lower shelf with about 6 Strawberry Shortcake DVDs on it. So I had to reassemble and re-sort those.

This is to the guy who couldn't get the Star Wars Force Unleashed preorder done because they couldn't find it: my local store had a TV playing a looping demo video/game creation interview of Force Unleased by the cash register. So they are making a big push for that game. The other store had a handwritten sign calling it "one of the best games to come out in the last several years" :lol:. Yeah, OK. I figured I'm renting it at best...

Anyway, they had almost nothing worth getting at the other store to add to the Mystery Dungeon trade-ins. They had a Power Rangers but it was disc-only and the GS I plan to trade these in to has told me I'll get hit with a refurb fee for disc-only. It may only be one guy but I don't want to drive up there for nothing. Fortunately, though, my local store had finally gotten around to converting that so I snagged one with the artwork there along with 1 of the 2 Mystery Dungeon games (giving me my 5th or so entry there). So now I have 2 of 1 and 1 of the other. I was planning on keeping one of them, anyway, for my son (he really likes Chocobo's Dungeon on the Wii and this plays the same way). Tomorrow I'll swing by and purchase Golden Compass and Beautiful Katamari (though that will leave me $10 short for the contest entry :whistle2:k...). They also have that Iridium Runners with no art work but with a manual - not sure how that dude at GS would deal with that.

So with the Mystery Dungeons, Power Rangers, Golden Compass, and BK I'll make at least a bit on each one at GS. Not bad... I'd like to get another set but then I'll have to get stuff like Manhunt 2 and that IR without the art work to go with it.

[quote name='yukafls']Force Unleashed isn't that bad, I played the demo and it looks ok.[/quote]

hey by the way you won the beats contest, guess you missed my post. I've been without my macbook for a few days, HDD failure, so pm me and I'll send you the code.

I might go try and get some BB credit via WSOP I saw and maybe a few other games. Hopefully I can find some of those pokemon games at BBV so I can gain some GS credit today.

also...there's gotta be one or two good GS->bb flips via ps2 or psp games. right?

Last edited by a moderator:
dunno if this has already been posted but as of 10:15 AM EST SST (PS3) held it's TIV @ BBV - $20 :whistle2:D So picked up two to trade in so i can grab an MS 1600 points card and get a couple songs for GHIII and Rock Band!

[quote name='confoosious']Any reports on WSOP or Blacksite today at BBV?[/quote]

Traded both yesterday for $23 and $30 respectively. Maybe you can call and confirm that it hasn't changed.

[quote name='yukafls']Force Unleashed isn't that bad, I played the demo and it looks ok.[/quote]

Yeah, so many people seem to dislike it right now and I have no idea why. I actually am really looking forward to Force Unleashed. I never bought into the hype before. It's exactly what I was looking for... Star Wars meets Devil May Cry. The combat could be a little more refined, but I was very satisfied with the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Any reports on WSOP or Blacksite today at BBV?[/quote]

[quote name='captnjack']Traded both yesterday for $23 and $30 respectively. Maybe you can call and confirm that it hasn't changed.[/quote]

Just called my local store and they said:

Blacksite $30
WSOP 2008 $23
HC BftP $26

So, looks like those 3 all held.

I put $15 down on Force Unleashed to qualify for the Wii contest, but now I'm not really sure I want it. I'm thinking to either pay in full over the next couple of days to qualify a few more times, then just pick it up on release day and return it right away.

Think they'll take it back?

[quote name='mkernan']Just called my local store and they said:

Blacksite $30
WSOP 2008 $23
HC BftP $26

So, looks like those 3 all held.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

I'll be able to pick these out today.

bread's done
Back