The Indie Gala bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Yes, yet another indie bundle, but like the Humble Bundle, you can set your own price and donate to charity as well. The games only register on Steam, but that won't be a problem for most here. You get a key for each individual game, so you can gift whatever you do not personally want if you feel like it.

http://www.indiegala.com/

Legend:
steam-icon.png
- Steam
android-icon.png
- Android
desura.png
- Desura
GG - GamersGate
:pc: - DRM-free

Indie Gala Dwarves

Start Date: March 20, 2013
End Date:
Total Raised:
Total Purchased:
Average Price:
Group Buy thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:
:pc: Nosferatu - The Wrath Of Malachi Wikipedia Entry
GG Street Racing Syndicate
steam-icon.png
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Music-player-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week

Beat the Average:
GG Guilty Gear Isuka
GG Gun Metal
steam-icon.png
A Game of Dwarves
steam-icon.png
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
steam-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week
steam-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week

===============================================

Happy Hour guidelines:

*Happy Hour happens at random times: sometimes as early as 4 days after the bundle going live, but most often during the second week of sales.

Happy Hour! Double Gifts! During Happy Hour time New buyers for every gift purchase get a 2nd bonus gift for free (2x1)! All gifts are doubled! Remember to check 'IS IT A GIFT'! *If you have not purchased the current Indie Gala yet, you can buy two for one during happy hour

And if you are an early buyer the deal is EVEN BIGGER!

Yes! If you already bought the current indiegala bundle, you get 2 bonus gifts for free for every gift purchased ( 3 x 1 ) *If you have already purchased the bundle, but you did not purchase it in the first week, you can buy three for one

And if you bought it in the first week you get 3 bonus gifts for free for every gift purchased ( 4 x 1 ) *If you already purchased the current bundle and did so in the first week of the current bundle going live, you can buy four for one

Remember to check 'IS IT A GIFT' ! if you want to take advantage of Happy Hour. You have to check this also if, after purchasing a bundle for yourself with your own email address, you want another additional bundle for you. If you don't, transactions amount will sum on your original email account and you can upgrade your purchase, obtaining more bonuses if you previously didn't unlock it, or more galapoints.

REMEMBER: (Gift purchases are not upgradable and don't contribute to upgrade your personal account for unlock new content.)
***For Happy Hour, you MUST use the same e-mail you used when buying your first bundle, and you MUST check the gift option below the payment method. You have to buy again during Happy Hour to receive gift copies.

CAG Group Buy Hosting FAQ

Q: I see all of these CAGs hosting group buys for people. What's that all about?
A: It's a way for CAGs to help each other get the best deal. One person will buy the bundle during the first week, then they will buy four gift copies at the highest tier during Happy Hour. This person is referred to as the host. They then try to sell these to participants for a fraction of the price of buying the "beat the average" bundle individually, plus some extra to distribute the cost of the initial bundle purchase in the first week. The host gains money back, and the participants get the full bundle for a fourth of the cost. Everyone wins.

Q: How do I host one?
A: To host a CAG group buy, you must first purchase the Indie Gala full BTA (beat the average) bundle in the first week (this has been changed since the previous bundles). This will allow you to purchase four additional bundles for the price of one during a Happy Hour, as stated in the Happy Hour post above. Now, it does matter how much you initially spend, as you must purchase the full bundle in order to purchase full bundle four-packs during Happy Hour. Then, once Happy Hour starts, you buy a gift copy for the current "beat the average" price, which will be listed on the Indie Gala page. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK "IS IT A GIFT" TO GET FOUR GIFT COPIES.

Q: It's asking me for multiple e-mail addresses. What do I do?
A: Just skip that part. The links to the gifts will be added to your account page (which is another reason why you must always use the same e-mail address when ordering from Indie Gala). Most hosts will send out the gift URLs to their participants in a PM.

Q: Is it hard to do?
A: No, it's very quick and easy. Just keep track of which gift URLs you have sent to which people, and you will be fine.

Past Galas

Indie Gala I

Start Date: December 5, 2011
End Date: January 6, 2012
Total Raised: $84,513
Total Purchases: 45,635
Average Price: $1.81

Games Offered:
steam.png
Saira (Nifflas Games, 2010)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 1 (Sigma Team, 2007)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 2 (Sigma Team, 2009)
steam.png
Your Doodles Are Bugged (Spyn Doctor Games, 2011)
steam.png
inMomentum (Digital Arrow, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Untold (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Duality (Exosyphen Games, 2011)
:pc: Vizati (Different Pixel, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Terra Firma EP" - The Flashbulb, 2011
"Love As Dark Hallway" - The Flashbulb, 2011
"Good Luck " - Robot Science, 2011
"Doodads" - Robot Science, 2010
"Reptilians" - Starfucker, 2011
"inMomentum OST" - Gareth Coker, 2011

Indie Gala II

Start Date: February 4, 2012
End Date: March 20, 2012
Total Raised: $132,735
Total Purchases: 32,483
Average Price: $4.08

11.gif

Games Offered:
steam.png
Roboblitz (Naked Sky, 2006)
steam.png
Greed Corp (Vanguard Games, 2010)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 1 (Sigma team, 2007)
steam.png
Fortix 2 (Nemesys Games, 2011)
steam.png
Critical Mass (Manic Games, 2011)
steam.png
Bunch of Heroes (NGD Studios, 2011)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 2 (Sigma Team, 2009)
steam.png
Your Doodles Are Bugged (Spyn Doctor Games, 2011)
steam.png
inMomentum (Digital Arrow, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Untold (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Duality (Exosyphen Games, 2011)
:pc: Postal (Running with Scissors, 1997)
android-icon.png
Fruitblitz (Rubicon Development, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Beautiful EP" - The Numbers, 2011
"Fit The Paradigm" - Jack Butler, 2011
"Good Luck" - Robot Science, 2011
"Doodads" - Robot Science, 2010
"Squares" - Robot Science, 2011
"inMomentum OST" - Gareth Coker, 2011

Indie Gala III

Start Date: March 24, 2012
End Date: April 15, 2012
Total Raised: $88,563
Total Purchased: 25,234
Average Price: $4.69

Games Offered:
steam.png
Flatout (Bugbear Entertainment, 2006)
steam.png
Twin Sector (DNS Development, 2009)
steam.png
Trapped Dead (Crenetics, 2011)
steam.png
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes (Silent Dreams, 2010)
steam.png
Greed: Black Border (Clockstone, 2010)
steam.png
Future Wars (Radon Labs, 2010)
:pc: Gear Grinder (Headup Games, 2010)

Music Offered:
"Chiptune Hero" - DJ Cutman, 2011
"All Night Party" - Electric Children, 2011
"Viper EP" - F-777, 2011
"Re-Motion Vol.2" - F-777, 2010
"Squares" - Robot Science, 2011

Other Bonuses:
Sonia The Cruel - Part 1 (comic)

Indie Gala IV

Start Date: April 24, 2012
End Date: May 15, 2012
Total Raised: (info needed)
Total Purchased: (info needed)
Average Price: (info needed)

Games Offered:
steam.png
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution (Kot-in-Action Creative Artel, 2011)
steam.png
A.R.E.S.:Extinction Agenda (Extend Interactive, 2010)
Free code from Blade. Say thanks if you redeem it! 5N3EH-AVYXQ-BTK6Q
steam.png
Alien Shooter (Sigma Team, 2003)
steam.png
Disciples II: Gallean's return (Strategy First, 2005)
steam.png
Altitude (Nimbly Games, 2009)
steam.png
Really Big Sky (Boss Baddie, 2011)
steam.png
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded (Sigma Team, 2009)
:pc: Wake (Boss Baddie, 2010)
:pc: Lunnye Devitsy (Boss Baddie, 2009)
:pc: DEADEND - Cerebral Vortex (MEMBRANOS Interactive Media Studio, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Really Big Sky OST" - MrPineapple Band, 2011
"Tormishire OST" - MrPineapple, 2012
"Pretty Things EP" - Giraf$$$e, 2011
"Opus At The End Of Everything" - The Flashbulb, 2012
"Arboreal" - The Flashbulb, 2010
"Im Cwazy" - Dubstep'n'Stuff, 2012
"ReMotion - Vol.1" - Kr1z & F-777, 2010
"Comfort" - Giraf$$$e, 2011

Indie Gala V

Start Date: May 27, 2012
End Date: June 14, 2012
Total Raised: $90,958.80
Total Purchased: 25,817
Average Price: $5.62

Games Offered:
steam.png
Making History: The Calm & The Storm (Muzzy Lane, 2007)
steam.png
Beat Hazard (Cold Beam Games, 2010)
steam.png
Razor2: Hidden Skies (Invent4 Entertainment, 2012)
steam.png
Ironclads Collection (Totem Games, 2008-2011)
steam.png
Space Empires IV Deluxe (Malfador Machinations, 2000)
steam.png
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge (Invent4 Entertainment, 2009)
steam.png
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (Strategy First, 2003)
steam.png
Puzzle Kingdoms (Infinite Interactive, 2009)
:pc: Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness (Targem Games, 2005)
:pc: WRC: FIA World Rally Championship (Milestone S.r.l., 2010)
:pc: Ninja Blade (From Software, 2009)
:pc: SBK X: Superbike World Championship (Milestone S.r.l., 2010)

Music Offered:
"The Last Seduction" - Baron Von Luxxury, 2012
"Biggest Failure Of All Time" - Losers Come From Above, 2012
"YOU Are" - Electric Children, 2011
"Deadmau5 - Strobe (Gameboy Remix)" - DJ Cutman & An0va, 2012
"Powerglove (It's So Bad)" - DJ Cutman feat. Benjamin Briggs, 2010

Indie Gala Mobile

Start Date: June 18, 2012
End Date: June 24, 2012
Total Raised: (info needed)
Total Purchased: (info needed)
Average Price: (info needed)

Games Offered:
android-icon.png
Cardinal Quest (tametick, 2012)
android-icon.png
Great Little War Game (Rubicon Development, 2012)
android-icon.png
Legends of Yore (Coke and Code, 2012)
android-icon.png
Smiles/Smiles HD (Mike Kaszprak, 2012)
:pc: Pitri 1977 (ilikescifi Games, 2012)
:pc: Manor of the Damned (Milestone, 2011)
steam.png
Turba (Binary Takeover, 2010)

Music Offered:
"Soundtracks for Everyday Adventures" - Lullatone, 2012
"Smash It" - F-777, 2012

Indie Gala VI

Start Date: June 25, 2012
End Date: July 10, 2012
Total Raised: $75,261.80
Total Purchased: 19,631
Average Price: $6.24

Games Offered:

steam.png
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (Pyro Studios, 1998)
steam.png
The Void (video game) (Ice-Pick Lodge, 2008)
steam.png
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty (Pyro Studios, 1999)
steam.png
Commandos 2: Men of Courage (Pyro Studios, 2001)
steam.png
Ion Assault (Coreplay, 2009)
steam.png
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars (Games Farm, 2011)
steam.png
Cargo! – The Quest for Gravity (Ice-Pick Lodge, 2011)
steam.png
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (Pyro Studios, 2003)
steam.png
Trauma (Krystian Majewski, 2011)

Music Offered:

"Elevator Music" - Lullatone, 2011
"Trauma Soundtrack" - Martin Straka, 2011

Other Bonuses:

The Void - Bonus Content (parts 1-5)

Indie Gala Mobile 2

Start Date: July 18, 2012
End Date: July 25, 2012
Total Raised: $20,425.83
Total Purchased: 4,028
Average Price: $6.24

Games Offered:

android-icon.png
The Lost Souls
android-icon.png
Battle Group
android-icon.png
desura.png
Ichi
android-icon.png
Xelorians
android-icon.png
Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Lands
android-icon.png
Little Stars for Little Wars 2
android-icon.png
Tiny Plumbers
desura.png
Spin Deluxe
desura.png
Cute Things Dying Violently
android-icon.png
N-Back (BTA)

Music Offered: (all BTA)

"Little Stars for Little Wars 2 OST" - Trevor Golas, 2012
"Arcade" - Im Cwazy, 2012
"Viper EP" - F-777, 2012
Tiny Plumbers OST
"Spin Deluxe OST" - IZucken, 2012

Indie Gala 7

Start Date: July 27, 2012
End Date: August 12, 2012
Total Raised: $90,373.89
Total Purchased: 25,409
Average Price: $6.29
Group Buy thread [subject to change]: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:

Rig N' Roll
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Space Rangers
Unlocks Second Week Unlocked Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943

Beat the Average:
Death to Spies
Death To Spies: Moment of Truth
King's Bounty Armored Princess
UFO Afterlight
Unlocks Second Week Unlocked Star Wolves

Secret Bonuses: (all BTA)

NONE

Indie Gala 8

Start Date: August 28, 2012
End Date:
Total Raised:
Total Purchased:
Average Price:
Group Buy thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:

Dangerous Waters
:pc: Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness
:pc: Sentinel 3: Homeworld
:pc: Superstars V8 Racing

Beat the Average:
Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold
:pc: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Secret Bonuses: (all BTA)

Unlock Second Week

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up. The Disciples bundle is back up on the Gala Store. $5.99 or 4.99 if you bought Dwarves. A while back this bundle and the Jagged Alliance bundle sold out fairly quickly, so grab it while you can.

[quote name='Mooby']I doubt I could even find my Indie Gala 2 code page![/QUOTE]

There's a link for "KEY RESENDER" in the upper right corner of indiegala.com. Just enter in the email address you used to buy the bundle and they'll re-send you a link.

[quote name='shrinerr']Just a heads up. The Disciples bundle is back up on the Gala Store. $5.99 or 4.99 if you bought Dwarves. A while back this bundle and the Jagged Alliance bundle sold out fairly quickly, so grab it while you can.[/QUOTE]

Ceville is in this bundle at the .99 level. I might bite at this price but are the Disciple games worth the extra money?

Also, is there a way to set up an account on IndieGala like the other bundle sites? I hate having to keep all of my bundle links and/or using the resend feature.

[quote name='Motoki']There's a link for "KEY RESENDER" in the upper right corner of indiegala.com. Just enter in the email address you used to buy the bundle and they'll re-send you a link.[/QUOTE]

Which doesn't work if you got a gift link from someone. At that time, gift links weren't tied to email addresses. They added that feature late last year. I know I made sure to tie each of my gift links (for IG 2 on up) to my email at that point.

[quote name='Palinn']
Also, is there a way to set up an account on IndieGala like the other bundle sites? I hate having to keep all of my bundle links and/or using the resend feature.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK know, no. The bundles are tied to your email unless they are gifted under some circumstances (see below) but there's no account that you can just log into that I know of. There is one for the Gala store but that's completely separate.

Though once you get your link, all Indie Gala bundles tied to that particular email should be listed so you won't have to deal with individual links for each, unless you got a bunch of them gifted from various people that didn't gift it to your email.

[quote name='gilby']Which doesn't work if you got a gift link from someone. At that time, gift links weren't tied to email addresses. They added that feature late last year. I know I made sure to tie each of my gift links (for IG 2 on up) to my email at that point.[/QUOTE]

Right. It will only work if he bought it on his own for himself.

I don't remember when they started the happy hours but I'm not sure if they even were running them at the time of Gala 2.

Depending on how the person hosting the happy hours does it, it may or may not tie to your email when they gift it. If they just send it to you as a PM here on CAG as some people like to do then it won't tie to your email and you need to hold onto that link.

*Edit: Okay I tried going to one of my gift HH gala bundles via CAG PM and used the send the gift to an email address button. It sent me an email with the link to that bundle but didn't seem to tie it to my recover your profile gift links like some others were.

Anyway, this is confusing and makes my head hurt and I don't want to get into one of the Gilby back and forth and back and forth conversations and I don't care anymore.

TL;DR: Try to recover it if you can. If it was a gift you may or may not be able to. Save your emails when you get Gala bundles gifted to you.

One of the advantages to having a single thread for all of the indie gala bundles is that it's easy to go back and check what people were talking about with each bundle. Here is the page from when IG2 first went live: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310410&page=10

Mooby made a post about buying it himself, so doing the key re-sender thing should work for him. IG2 should be listed amongst the bundles that he bought on his bundle page.

[quote name='Motoki']
Though once you get your link, all Indie Gala bundles tied to that particular email should be listed so you won't have to deal with individual links for each, unless you got a bunch of them gifted from various people that didn't gift it to your email.[/quote]

You'd think so, but no. The only ones that show on your profile page (reachable from a profile link emailed to you) are the ones you buy yourself, not the gift links you get, even if those gift links are under your email.

Yeah. Annoying.

I don't remember when they started the happy hours but I'm not sure if they even were running them at the time of Gala 2.

I'm quite sure you're right about that. They did still have gift packs, though, as I was able to trade for a IG2 gift bundle.

Anyway, this is confusing and makes my head hurt and I don't want to get into one of the Gilby back and forth and back and forth conversations and I don't care anymore.

TL;DR: Try to recover it if you can. If it was a gift you may or may not be able to. Save your emails when you get Gala bundles gifted to you.

Great advice. IndieGala is not at all set up to be easy and convenient. Save your links, however you get them. Keep a record.

TL;DR: What Motoki said.

I accidentally cleared all of my PMs here and lost at least one or two of my happy hour links from before they were emailable. Not sure which ones, though. Maybe one day I'll sort it out.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I accidentally cleared all of my PMs here and lost at least one or two of my happy hour links from before they were emailable. Not sure which ones, though. Maybe one day I'll sort it out.[/QUOTE]

#-o
When I get links, I email them to myself so I can fish them out of my email later.

[quote name='asheskitty']#-o
When I get links, I email them to myself so I can fish them out of my email later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the logical thing to do, but it just felt like soooooo much effort ;)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yeah, that's the logical thing to do, but it just felt like soooooo much effort ;)[/QUOTE]

Lemmie guess, you prefer bait fishing over lure fishing? :razz:

[quote name='asheskitty']Lemmie guess, you prefer bait fishing over lure fishing? :razz:[/QUOTE]

I prefer going to a restaurant where someone's already gone to the trouble of properly cooking the fish someone else went to the trouble of catching :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I accidentally cleared all of my PMs here and lost at least one or two of my happy hour links from before they were emailable. Not sure which ones, though. Maybe one day I'll sort it out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']#-o
When I get links, I email them to myself so I can fish them out of my email later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yeah, that's the logical thing to do, but it just felt like soooooo much effort ;)[/QUOTE]
What helps me is to select the option on the bottom right to save all pms to text file and put them in their own CAG folder whenever my pm box gets full. ;)

[quote name='sunasun']What helps me is to select the option on the bottom right to save all pms to text file and put them in their own CAG folder whenever my pm box gets full. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Thanks for pointing that out! Also CSV (for easy spreadsheet importing) and XML.

[quote name='sunasun']What helps me is to select the option on the bottom right to save all pms to text file and put them in their own CAG folder whenever my pm box gets full. ;)[/QUOTE]

That is so much easier than copying and pasting everything.

I wish I knew about that earlier. Thanks for pointing it out.

[quote name='asheskitty']That's awesome! Thanks for pointing that out! Also CSV (for easy spreadsheet importing) and XML.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gilby']That is so much easier than copying and pasting everything.

I wish I knew about that earlier. Thanks for pointing it out.[/QUOTE]
Oh damn it, my first useful post. :lol:
You're both quite welcome.
Also, got my Postal key from Indiegala earlier, wonder if they'll add one for Euro Truck simulator (one can dream) :applause:

If anyone wants to sell a happy hour bundle, please pm me. Thanks! (if I'm posting this in the wrong place, please let me know)

Willing to sell a gift link. 3 dollar amazon GC seems fair?

Alternatively you can gift me Scoregasm on Steam for $2.99. Display name is chodemasta69.

steamcommunity.com/id/checkitfool/

Is three dollars too much? I'm sort of new to the indie bundle reselling game.

The last/locked game will determine whether I get this -- own/don't want the rest. Great deal for that stuff at the $2ish happy hour price, though.

[quote name='Mooby']The last/locked game will determine whether I get this -- own/don't want the rest. Great deal for that stuff at the $2ish happy hour price, though.[/QUOTE]

It's defenders of ardania

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's defenders of ardania[/QUOTE]

Oh man... have it. Regret buying it at $2.50. Awful game. Even Royal Adviser guy doesn't save it.

[quote name='Mooby']Oh man... have it. Regret buying it at $2.50. Awful game. Even Royal Adviser guy doesn't save it.[/QUOTE]

I can't help it. I love Royal Adviser guy. More than Shorn Connery himself.

Trust me, I love him, too. But this game... it's so utterly generic. I think they were banking on the multiplayer/versus actually taking off but it flopped miserably even for a low budget title. The single player is just... dull. Think it's only about four hours long as I stopped about a third of the way through and only have 2-3 hours logged. Better off just playing Defense Grid.

[quote name='spoderman']A few people reported it briefly showing up on the Indie Gala page, then vanishing, including this guy:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34191971&postcount=7447

Might be able to find a better source, but more than one person reported it.[/QUOTE]

That's good enough for me. That's how these things usually get leaked.

Defenders of Ardania is the one steam game from the bundle that I don't already own. I was kinda lukewarm on my desire to pick that up, but after seeing Mooby's (and to a lesser degree Flowette's) take on the game, I think I'll pass on this bundle. Even at the happy hour price, it isn't worth it for what I'd get.

I'm effectively buying for Defenders of Ardania and EUIII. The rest can just be gifted to friends.

At a happy hour price, I'm willing to spend the price of a sausage roll to be disappointed by DoA. Sometimes it's worth picking up cheap rubbish to save you from spending proper money on it at a later date. It'll hopefully get any cravings out of my system.

"Sshire, a building has been upgraded."

I never tire hearing that. :lol:

Oh I misunderstood your post earlier. I thought you already owned the game and were basically agreeing with Mooby. It doesn't change anything for me though. I'm only missing DoA from this bundle (not including the DRM-Free crap) and if I decide that I want it, I should be able to pick it up for a buck in the trading thread.

Can I ask though, why are you pushing a shopping cart through a brick wall? Or perhaps I should ask, how are you able to push a shopping cart through a brick wall?

[quote name='The End']I'm only missing DoA from this bundle (not including the DRM-Free crap) and if I decide that I want it, I should be able to pick it up for a buck in the trading thread.[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't be more than $0.75.

[quote name='Flowette']Platform Nine and Three Quarters dude![/QUOTE]

That's pretty cute. I'm not into Harry Potter, so I wouldn't have got that reference unless you pointed it out. But I like that. Looks like from a Google image search, it's a pretty popular destination for Potter fans.

[quote name='Detruire']Shouldn't be more than $0.75.[/QUOTE]

All the better.

Are the Europa games and DoA worth a Happy Hour purchase? I was all ready to forget this bundle then they had to go and add Europa and now I am thinking of buying it.

[quote name='Palinn']Are the Europa games and DoA worth a Happy Hour purchase? I was all ready to forget this bundle then they had to go and add Europa and now I am thinking of buying it.[/QUOTE]

Do you like strategy games? If you do, then the bundle is worth it for EU3 alone. It's a fantastic game, but it has somewhat of a niche audience. If you're willing to put in the time to learn the game and you don't mind all of the action happening on a map (i.e. there are no player-controlled battles, Total War-style, here), it's extremely fun and rewarding. The steep learning curve does scare off a lot of people, though.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Do you like strategy games? If you do, then the bundle is worth it for EU3 alone. It's a fantastic game, but it has somewhat of a niche audience. If you're willing to put in the time to learn the game and you don't mind all of the action happening on a map (i.e. there are no player-controlled battles, Total War-style, here), it's extremely fun and rewarding. The steep learning curve does scare off a lot of people, though.[/QUOTE]

I do like strategy games so I think I will bite. Thanks!

Well this Fox is all out for now. HH ended pretty quickly after I logged on so I didn't stock up like I usually do. There's surely going to be more HH so I will be sure to get one or two more group buys then and take care of anyone else needing one then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back