The Last Aqua Teen?

i definitely feel your pain, but im doubting that its really the final episode for the whole show.....but id rather it end now while its still hot, rather then end a few years from now and possibly suck ass

ATHF will probably go at least 6 seasons. ATHF is even more popular than SGC2C was in its heyday so CN is gonna milk that thing for all it's worth.

i was going to say "yeah, it must be the last one of the season" but recently haven't they all been repeats.

instead, i checked the adult swim site and the episode where all of the aqua teen's enemies get together in space is called "the last one", which may be what they meant. plus, on the same episode list, they have new episodes listed. new meaning "not yet been on tv", including three episodes after next sunday's "remooned" episode featuring the mooninites. so the show isn't going to end soon. at least not that soon.

Yaeh, I saw the comercial that the last episode would be airing on August 15. I was going to make the same topic as the OP. My guess is that it's the season finale, though thye never specified. I mean it would be ludicris (SP) for them not to continue the show. My guess is that it will go up to 7 or 8 seasons. Why would the take it of now when it is doing so well, they don't have any other show in line that can come in and be a sure fire hit. But then agian, the have been showing a lot of new series like Stroker and Hoop (not that bad IMO) and this new one that is set to air called Venture bros, or something like that. I hope they don't end it cause that show is so funny.

It's all lies to taunt you, the viewer. They've got 11 (I think, maybe 13) new episodes coming starting the 15th.

[quote name='jmcc']It's all lies to taunt you, the viewer. They've got 11 (I think, maybe 13) new episodes coming starting the 15th.[/quote]

Exactly, I think they are tying this into the new season somehow. I think the sealab reruns are refreshing as I have seen all the ATHF episodes.

Just blame Nintendo. You have probably seen the commercial by now where no one is doing any work and everyone is playing their Gameboy Advance SP systems. Nintendo is evil.

its just the end of the season im sure, why would they end the show its a huge cash cow with all the dvd sales and all

They may go on a planned hiatus. Adult Swim's original programming is a shoestring operation. It hard for such a small crew to get new series underway while still producing new material for an existing series. It also help keep those personnel from getting burned out on the same characters and settings.

[quote name='epobirs']They may go on a planned hiatus. Adult Swim's original programming is a shoestring operation. It hard for such a small crew to get new series underway while still producing new material for an existing series. It also help keep those personnel from getting burned out on the same characters and settings.[/quote]

While I agree it helps the production crw of original shows, it's also technially faulty programming strategies. They do the same thing with anime (even more so actually) and they do hardly any production work for those other than air them. By constantly switching the schedule on the fly they hurt the likely hood of having a loyal audience. Especially with the anime shows, take for instance their saturday nite "action lineup". A show didn't do well so they switch it with Sealab 2021 which isn't an action shows and breaks up that block. However, they have a multitude of anime shows that they could've replaced it with. Actually, Cartoon Network's programming in general is kinda bad, not just adult swim.

I'm telling you, it's the first episode of the next season. This isn't even the first final episode they've had. Season 3 ended with "The Last One."

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='epobirs']They may go on a planned hiatus. Adult Swim's original programming is a shoestring operation. It hard for such a small crew to get new series underway while still producing new material for an existing series. It also help keep those personnel from getting burned out on the same characters and settings.[/quote]

While I agree it helps the production crw of original shows, it's also technially faulty programming strategies. They do the same thing with anime (even more so actually) and they do hardly any production work for those other than air them. By constantly switching the schedule on the fly they hurt the likely hood of having a loyal audience. Especially with the anime shows, take for instance their saturday nite "action lineup". A show didn't do well so they switch it with Sealab 2021 which isn't an action shows and breaks up that block. However, they have a multitude of anime shows that they could've replaced it with. Actually, Cartoon Network's programming in general is kinda bad, not just adult swim.[/quote]

Cartoon Network has some pretty bad programming. Thye always change shows on the fly, like for instance how they switched ATHF with Sealab 2021. I don't believe I saw any commercials for this to happen.

Adult Swim needs to stop with the god awful text based bumper-cards. Sure, it was funny for the first month they did it. After 2 years however, they're enough to keep me from watching the network. Also, Cartoon Network used to be the only network I watched. The programming in general has gone significantly downhill, with most of their new shows having that pseudo-anime look (Totally Spies, Teen Titans, the new mech/truck show). Ugh.

I think the worst CN programming decision lately is showing Teen Titans twice every weekday. That's about 10 shows a week, and I'm pretty sure they have no more than 30 completed and aired episodes, if that. This means that essentially you have about a 30-40% chance or so of seeing the same episode twice in a week. The show itself is ok I guess, but that really annoys me.

to everyone who said "it's the last episode of the season":
You're an idiot. aqua teen hasnt had new episodes in a long time.

it may be a joke, but i hope its not. too much of a good thing...

I like Teen Titans, I like Totally Spies... I like ATHF, I like Cartoon Network.

I think they should bring back Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, hosted by a different character each week, with Midnight Run at 12 featuring some good Dragon Ball Z and Gundam Reruns... that was my favorite Friday night lineup.

Tonights Aqua Teen started slow but as soon as Meatwad put on the magis Tee it rocked.

Santa Claus: Why did you call me in July?!? I was fucking sleeping! And those faggity elves don't show up until September!"

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Tonights Aqua Teen started slow but as soon as Meatwad put on the magis Tee it rocked.

Santa Caluse: Why did you call me in July?!? I was shaq-fuing sleeping! And those faggity elves don't show up until September!"[/quote]

this shit is hilarious.

Shake getting humped by reindeer was awesome, as was Santa's line about where Meatwad's racecar was going

[quote name='punqsux']holy old topic batman![/quote]

I didn't want to start a new thread so I did a search for Aqua Teen and this was the first thread I noticed.

Reality's Fringe said:
Aqua Teen hasn't suffered from lack of ideas...the same can't be said for sealab, ufortunately.

true, but of the new batch of sealab episodes, the one they repeated tonight is easily the best, and overall pretty good.

the show has gone downhill every since harry goz bought the farm. i mean, i like that they didn't substitute someone in the role of captain murphy, but at the same time, murphy was really important to the show overall. the new character doesn't even come close.

adrienne barbeaubot indeed.

bread's done
Back