The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got a list of this weeks markdowns? Our store currently lost our markdowns person and I couldn't find the list anywhere. If anyone could pm me the list, or what you can remember off it, its greatly appreciated.

[quote name='Tallboy2005']Anyone got a list of this weeks markdowns? Our store currently lost our markdowns person and I couldn't find the list anywhere. If anyone could pm me the list, or what you can remember off it, its greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Each stores list is different based on current inventory. While the majority of the regular price price changes will be the same, clearance stuff differs and no 2 lists are the same. I'm pretty sure one of your managers or supervisors can reprint or show you how to reprint the list.

[quote name='shoe478']It must really bother you if you feel the need to post about it in the TRU thread.[/quote]

OMG that was actually really funny. Um, that's all I got... move along.

[quote name='smashngrab77']picked up LOTR BFME 2 360 and NFS prostreet ps3 from TRU for $9.98 i dont see that on the list either[/quote]

thanks for the info. I'll probably drop by today after work and see is NFS:pS still there for 10

Don't know if this one has been mentioned yet:

Cars Mater-National Gift Set (DS) - $9.98

Gift set includes the DS game, DS sleeve case, two stylus, and a cleaning cloth. Decent collector's item it would seem.

[quote name='manthing']Game-only or bundles?[/quote]

We only had game onlys left at my store, but I would guess the bundles would drop aswell since they did during the last drop.

[quote name='DX']Saw black Gamecubes for $20 today in the Woodlands TX location.[/QUOTE]

They're probably $20 at every TRU now.

Mine had platinum ones for $39.99 a few weeks ago, then the supply dwindled when they offered the 20% off clearance items, so I snagged the last two then :)

[quote name='shoe478']It must really bother you if you feel the need to post about it in the TRU thread.[/quote]

I know its early but this is post of the year for me. It gave me a nice giggle. :applause:

[quote name='yukafls']Grabbed 2 Xbox Live 3 month kits for $15 a piece[/QUOTE]

Is that a deal? Can't you get a 12 month kit for $30 at Costco and hasn't it been that price at just about every retailer in previous weeks?

[quote name='bojay1997']Is that a deal? Can't you get a 12 month kit for $30 at Costco and hasn't it been that price at just about every retailer in previous weeks?[/quote]

He got a kit, not a card. I think they include the 3-month card, a wired headset, Joust, 100 MS points, and (expired) $10 coupon for a 360 game.

[quote name='bojay1997']Is that a deal? Can't you get a 12 month kit for $30 at Costco and hasn't it been that price at just about every retailer in previous weeks?[/quote]

Nope, its a kit

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']He got a kit, not a card. I think they include the 3-month card, a wired headset, Joust, 100 MS points, and (expired) $10 coupon for a 360 game.[/quote]

yep, thats the one. Gonna still try to mail in the rebate

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']He got a kit, not a card. I think they include the 3-month card, a wired headset, Joust, 100 MS points, and (expired) $10 coupon for a 360 game.[/QUOTE]

Still not sure how that's a deal. The rebate is long dead and there is no way it will be honored and 100 MS points is equal to $1.25. A three month card is roughly $7.50. So, that's $6.25 for a headset which I'm assuming you already have and a download of Joust?

I don't know if you all remember the 5 pack of games that TRU gave away last Black Friday with a purchase of a PS2. I don't remember which games were included as we havn't put them out on the sales floor since that day.

I don't have a SKN # off hand, but they will be dropping in price from $99 to $29.98 on 3/16.

[quote name='bojay1997']Still not sure how that's a deal. The rebate is long dead and there is no way it will be honored and 100 MS points is equal to $1.25. A three month card is roughly $7.50. So, that's $6.25 for a headset which I'm assuming you already have and a download of Joust?[/quote]

3 months is $20 last time I checked best buy, a headset(brand new)is still $19.99, Its worth it for one or the other. Oh, and I have not downloaded Joust yet but it looks good

Picked up :ps3: Need for Speed ProStreet and the last copy of :ps3: Unreal Tournament III for $9.98 each at my local TRU on Wednesday.

Picked up today (3/13) @ ToysRUs. I found Madden 07 in the clearance bin (and bit), but nothing on the rack in the aisle. Taking this threads advise, just glanced at the glass case behind the register and spotted Orange Box & the original Gears.

:360:
Orange Box - 9.98
Madden NFL 07 - 5.00
Gears of War - 19.98

[quote name='yukafls']3 months is $20 last time I checked best buy, a headset(brand new)is still $19.99, Its worth it for one or the other. Oh, and I have not downloaded Joust yet but it looks good[/QUOTE]

A 12+1 month card is only $50 MSRP and just about every major retailer has had it for $30 over the past month. Even the messenger pads with headset are only $30 most places. So, for $60, you could have gotten 13 months, the headset and a message pad. Regardless, 3 months are only worth about $7.50 with the $30 12+1 and $12.50 at full MSRP.

[quote name='prim4444']I don't know if you all remember the 5 pack of games that TRU gave away last Black Friday with a purchase of a PS2. I don't remember which games were included as we havn't put them out on the sales floor since that day.

I don't have a SKN # off hand, but they will be dropping in price from $99 to $29.98 on 3/16.[/quote]

One of my TRUs had a manager's sale on that bundle for $29.99. It was sort of amusing because I always go to that TRU and am used to seeing that bundle for $30, so when I went to another TRU, I was asking the sales people why it was still $100 over there. Seriously though, it's a horrible bundle at a horrible price. Twenty dolalrs apiece for 5 games which aren't even targeted towards the same people. For anyone wondering, some of the games were Madden 08, Avatar, Friends, and some absurding kiddy game.

Picked up HD-DVD ($20) and orange box ($10) for the 360 today at the Toys'r'us on Route 1 in central NJ.

They had loads of Orange Box and Mass Effect and some Golden Compass (360).
Funny, I called a week ago and the sales rep said they were completely sold out.

[quote name='progman3']Picked up today (3/13) @ ToysRUs. I found Madden 07 in the clearance bin (and bit), but nothing on the rack in the aisle. Taking this threads advise, just glanced at the glass case behind the register and spotted Orange Box & the original Gears.

:360:
Orange Box - 9.98
Madden NFL 07 - 5.00
Gears of War - 19.98[/quote]
Gears of War is the 2-disc refresh edition, isn't it?

[quote name='sephiroth1215']I'm thinking about the HD-DVD drive but I'd rather wait for it to be $10. how long will that take? Or is it really worth it for $20?[/quote]

Do you buy many movies? I rationalize it this way. It's a good way to save wear and tear on my 360's disc drive (I've had two fail).

Also, I have a PS3, and obviously there's way more on Blu-ray, but I've easily saved the $20 bucks it cost for the HD-DVD drive by buying movies in that format instead of Blu-ray versions. I found Planet Earth brand new on HD-DVD for $30 cheaper than the Blu-ray version. That alone made it worth it for me.

[quote name='sephiroth1215']I'm thinking about the HD-DVD drive but I'd rather wait for it to be $10. how long will that take? Or is it really worth it for $20?[/quote]

Pick it up for $20. There's enough cheap :hd: movies to make it worthwhile.

I paid $38 for mine a year ago, and now have over 50 :hd: with the average price paid around $10.

I see little reason to pay 3x for a :br: copy of movies available in :hd:

So I just tested out my xbox HD-dvd drive that I bought yesterday and the eject button doesn't work! After some quick googling, it looks like I'm not alone on this. Anyone know if Microsoft honors warranties on the hd-dvd drive? I actually bought 2 drives so I might keep the second one which seems to work and return the first. Anyone know if Toysrus accepts returns on defective hardware even if it is clearances?

[quote name='salty tbone']Do you buy many movies? I rationalize it this way. It's a good way to save wear and tear on my 360's disc drive (I've had two fail). [/quote]

That alone is worth $20.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I would be on that HD-DVD drive in a heartbeat for $20.[/quote]
This.

I called the TRUs in my area and there are no HD-DVD drives to be found. It didn't hurt to try... actually, it did hurt... just a tiny bit.

[quote name='wEEman33']Question:

are the prices on Toys R Us' website indicative of their prices in store?[/quote]

No, definitely not. We had tons of people trying to get the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle for $129 last week. Register said $189.

As is always explained to customers who visit retail: The online store is different from the retail store. Online is just a warehouse; retail has to look pretty, have decent employees, etc. That's why online stores can get away for selling stuff for peanuts. It doesn't cost a lot to hire someone to run an isle runner to pick up a box and send it to UPS. Average warehouse only needs 2-3 people in it at a time per zone.

[quote name='manthing']Pick it up for $20. There's enough cheap :hd: movies to make it worthwhile.

I paid $38 for mine a year ago, and now have over 50 :hd: with the average price paid around $10.

I see little reason to pay 3x for a :br: copy of movies available in :hd:[/quote]
I have 85 :br: and my average price is just over $11 a piece.

When I worked at TRU three years ago, we had a TON of FFXI PS2 + HDD combos stacked up on the top shelf in the video game storage room, anyone know if those things ever got clearanced? I don't think anyone ever bothered getting them down from the top shelf and I've got a good feeling they're still there. My TRU was never really on top of clearing out the storage room. I think I was the only person who ever bothered and in the process of doing so I found a huge box of PS1 games (this was in 2005) and a PS1 demo unit stashed on the top shelf. Looking back on it, I really wish I had bought some of those PS1 games instead of throwing them out on the shelf like a moron.

I finally found a TRU that had Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) in stock. Snagged it for $9.98. A big thanks to the person who originally mentioned it.

Alright you bitches I caved and got the HD DVD drive anyway since I always use my 360 for DVDs anyway. I was just worried the normal drive would die since I know people it happened to and I had my console since launch (aka warranty is over).

P.S.- Jefferson Valley NY store still has at least one more left if you're in the area. But they have nothing in terms of good clearance games like they usually do. The guy was actually said that they had some of the games I was looking for but has no idea what happened to them.

dang when will the Pink wireless controller for the 360 drop again -_- i've been waiting for it to drop 1 more time and pick it up. Need a new controller.

[quote name='luan87us']dang when will the Pink wireless controller for the 360 drop again -_- i've been waiting for it to drop 1 more time and pick it up. Need a new controller.[/quote]
You're lucky it's even in stock at $25 =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back